Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Loved it… what a great way to wrap up the BCS timeline. 

Loved the scene w/ Gus at the restaurant- for a brief moment he almost allowed himself to be human / vulnerable but he nipped it in the bud & walked away. 
    The scene at Howard’s memorial was both hilarious (the pictures had me in stitches) and heartbreaking (Kim talking to Howard’s widow was brutal). 
    I’m beyond excited for the last few episodes and will be very sad when it’s over. 

That was probably the seminal moment for Kim, when she realized she had to leave Jimmy. She was so brutally cold to Howard’s widow, making up a story like that immediately after his death. We knew the Kim separation was coming, but as usual with this show, gripping when it happens.

and some of those Patrick Fabian pictures were hilarious, apparently take from his current  IG. One seems to be cropped from a picture of him with Tony Dalton. Talk about fans being trolled by a show.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Incredible episode but I’m kind of conflicted about it and cant 100% judge it without seeing the next few. The Gus scene at the bar went on a little too long for me but I get the point of it. I don’t know how I feel about Kim’s exit. It makes perfect sense but it just doesn’t feel satisfying. I just feel like that can’t be the last time we see her, can it? It’s mind blowing that there’s only 4 episode left and I have absolutely no idea where we are going. It’s pretty incredible how they’ve structured this season so far. 

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    nicknyr15 said:
    Incredible episode but I’m kind of conflicted about it and cant 100% judge it without seeing the next few. The Gus scene at the bar went on a little too long for me but I get the point of it. I don’t know how I feel about Kim’s exit. It makes perfect sense but it just doesn’t feel satisfying. I just feel like that can’t be the last time we see her, can it? It’s mind blowing that there’s only 4 episode left and I have absolutely no idea where we are going. It’s pretty incredible how they’ve structured this season so far. 

I don't think it will be the last time we see her. Hoping for some sort of reunion in the Gene timeline.

As for Kim leaving, they set this up in that flashback open with her and her mom at the store when she stole the jewelry. 
    Her mom's line of "it's ok, you got away with it" stuck with her for all her life. All the scams that she and Jimmy ran up till Howard they got away with, so it was ok. But Howard got murdered because of what they did to him, so they didn't get away with it.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Jumb0 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I don't think it will be the last time we see her. Hoping for some sort of reunion in the Gene timeline.

As for Kim leaving, they set this up in that flashback open with her and her mom at the store when she stole the jewelry. 
    Her mom's line of "it's ok, you got away with it" stuck with her for all her life. All the scams that she and Jimmy ran up till Howard they got away with, so it was ok. But Howard got murdered because of what they did to him, so they didn't get away with it.
    I was thinking that too.  Perhaps she moved back to Nebraska when she left Jimmy and now he'll look to her for help since he has been discovered in Omaha.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    So is that the last we see of Kim?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I sure hope not. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I think she'll show up in some capacity.  I think the BCS timeline is officially done.  I'm guessing she'll show up in Gene times.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    An entire episode to tell us Saul still has it. Not sure that’s the route I go with only 3 left now.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    edited July 2022
    An entire episode to tell us Saul still has it. Not sure that’s the route I go with only 3 left now.

idk. it was more cya having been caught by Jeffy on the way home from the hospital

you'll note he's done with them and didnt take a cut....

I think that final scene in the mall was him burying sg
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mickeyrat said:

idk. it was more cya having been caught by Jeffy on the way home from the hospital

good take....but refresh my memory on the final scene you mention.  I'm not remembering now :)
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

good take....but refresh my memory on the final scene you mention.  I'm not remembering now :)
    "gene" looking at shirts and a tie to put together. seemed super saul in style. there was a moment of resignation that I perceived and he hung it back up and walked away.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

"gene" looking at shirts and a tie to put together. seemed super saul in style. there was a moment of resignation that I perceived and he hung it back up and walked away.

gotcha....I was just thinking he was seeing if there was chatter about missing merch but I think you're right

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The character switch for Jeff was tough though. If that would have been the same actor it would have made a lot more sense

• Options
    The character switch for Jeff was tough though. If that would have been the same actor it would have made a lot more sense
    Yeah that threw me as well but I did look it up and the previous actor was not contractually able to film this season of BCS.

One little thing that I did love was the intro change up. The old VHS tape intro stopped because we were in "present day" last night.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Yeah that threw me as well but I did look it up and the previous actor was not contractually able to film this season of BCS.

One little thing that I did love was the intro change up. The old VHS tape intro stopped because we were in "present day" last night.
    yes the details have always been the best part....great show

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

gotcha....I was just thinking he was seeing if there was chatter about missing merch but I think you're right

true, he was cautious entering the store,  then after the manager went off helping a customer , his cockiness came back.

• Options
    I thought it was a great episode.  Scratched my head a bit at first with the actor change for Jeff, but I didn't think it was a big deal.  Loved to see Gene take things into his own hands, Saul style, but at the end of the day, Gene knowing that this is his life and he's ok with it...with him walking away from the Saul-type suit at the end.
    I loved the references to Walt and in the security office, when Gene had to improvise on the fly to keep the gaurd's attention, how he mentioned him being alone, no wife, kids, parents and brother dead....I feel that was legit the first thing that came to Gene's mind.  Brutal honesty in a time of despair.  I also like how he knows his old life is over, but he still keeps a little bit of it with him by wearing the ring.
    I still think we're going to see a little more Gene, and I think this episode did a great job in showing where Gene is as a person and where he's at mentally.  That really couldn't be done in a 15 minute flashback (er flashforward).  I for one am happy they did and entire Gene episode.
  • Options
    glad to see others confused by Jeff....maybe they should have done a "the character of Jeffy is now being played by" type thing at the beginning like they do in soap operas. lol

• Options
    edited July 2022
    glad to see others confused by Jeff....maybe they should have done a "the character of Jeffy is now being played by" type thing at the beginning like they do in soap operas. lol

Or just have him act like the real Jeff did. Real Jeff was aggressive and didn't back down till he got what he wanted.
    New Jeff was a complete push over.
    Post edited by Jumb0 on
  • Options
    thinking about it, there was a hint of menace to him this episode.

not quite a goofy hapless fool he presented with Kim.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    I enjoyed the episode. Well done with the black and white film and good fast forward story.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Of just wore a nametag the whole time.  Ha!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No one mentioned Carol Burnett?!

Buncha young whippersnappers, the lot of you!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    No one mentioned Carol Burnett?!

Buncha young whippersnappers, the lot of you!
    She's the best!  I wonder if that episode will be the only one she's in.  Looked online and I couldn't tell.
    I still think there's going to be a final Gene ending.  I also wonder if Jeff's "bad crew" he hung out with in ABQ will come back to "visit".  
  • Options

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Great read. And she’s 89! I hope I have her faculties should I live that long. 
  • Options
    follow bcs over on adbook. they post sone cool shit.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited July 2022
    I liked the episode, although the recasting of Jeff really sucks. The other guy was menacing, in your face, and ender control.  Couldn't tell if he was going to shoot saul, arrest him, or hug him.

This actor and character was like a puddle of shit.

I rarely criticize this show, but that was a miss.

I also thought maybe the episode would have been fine early in season 6.  Maybe even the 1st or 2nd episode.  

Loved some of the little details.  Like how he had to kind of fake his way through conversating about "the game", and by the end, he had studied precise information on Nebraska football.  The specific way that guy ate his Cinnabon was great as well.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    That was a great episode. I've always loved the "cons" in this show. They're always shown in such detail. Im a little thrown off by the placement of this episode. I guess it was necessary to show how he handles Jeff so he can stay in Nebraska. I hope this has a bigger place in the story and that's not it's only reason to exist. And it was unfortunate they had to recast Jeff. A little confusing at first. 

Another episode that's hard to 100% judge without seeing how the rest of the season plays out. But I have complete faith in the writers. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I liked the episode, although the recasting of Jeff really sucks. The other guy was menacing, in your face, and ender control.  Couldn't tell if he was going to shoot saul, arrest him, or hug him.

This actor and character was like a puddle of shit.

I rarely criticize this show, but that was a miss.

I also thought maybe the episode would have been fine early in season 6.  Maybe even the 1st or 2nd episode.  

Loved some of the little details.  Like how he had to kind of fake his way through conversating about "the game", and by the end, he had studied precise information on Nebraska football.  The specific way that guy ate his Cinnabon was great as well.  
    yep...licking his fingers every time, same cutting, saves the center for the last bite