Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    All caught up. The Jeff guy had me really confused too. Good episode...just oddly placed with only a few left.

I might watch the Better Call Saul ep of BB before i watch this one tonight. 

definitely....it's a good one
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    All caught up. The Jeff guy had me really confused too. Good episode...just oddly placed with only a few left.

I don't remember much of it actually. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I don't remember much of it actually. 
    It's interesting to watch it now knowing that we had no idea who Saul was prior to that episode.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    so clever when the show cut from Gene breaking the glass door on his last mark to Saul walking into the HS to tell Walt in season two it took him an hour to figure out who he was. I forgot how incredibly important Saul was to the BrBa plan for Walt to go “professional .” (That it was 100% Sauls idea)

Two iconic moments in the BrBa BCS universe leading to huge moments of pain for both lead characters of each show, right as the episode ended. Brilliant.

(and seeing Walt’s white car again!)
  • Options
    so clever when the show cut from Gene breaking the glass door on his last mark to Saul walking into the HS to tell Walt in season two it took him an hour to figure out who he was. I forgot how incredibly important Saul was to the BrBa plan for Walt to go “professional .” (That it was 100% Sauls idea)

Two iconic moments in the BrBa BCS universe leading to huge moments of pain for both lead characters of each show, right as the episode ended. Brilliant.

(and seeing Walt’s white car again!)
    I had just watched the BCS episode from Breaking Bad...in the BB episode WW is in the classroom and Saul walks right in. Cool that the BCS episode shows him entering the building. No need to go beyond that because that scene had already been shown to us years ago.

Same with the RV scene. We got the inside view this time.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I liked those parts.  Loved Mike dismissing Walt/Jesse as amateurs at the time.  I had wondered if BCS would show Saul's "running into" Badger/Walt as more deliberate and directed by Gus/Mike.

Overall, the episode was pretty dull though to be honest.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/01/arts/television/better-call-saul-recap-season-6-episode-11.html

Crazy....Season 4, ep 5, Saul tells Francesca where to be for the phone call

It's amazing how much shit I don't remember. This series is going to be great to rewatch once all episodes are out.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I liked those parts.  Loved Mike dismissing Walt/Jesse as amateurs at the time.  I had wondered if BCS would show Saul's "running into" Badger/Walt as more deliberate and directed by Gus/Mike.

Overall, the episode was pretty dull though to be honest.
    A lot happened but it was a little drawn out....that probably means the next one is going to be insane though

• Options
    How much time passed since Kim left him up until he met Walt and Jesse? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    How much time passed since Kim left him up until he met Walt and Jesse? 
    not sure...here is timeline

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_Timeline

Wiki lists the WW/Jesse appearance as being a "flashback to 2008." It then says that "In 2020, Gene calls Francesca"
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    Saul is almost certainly going to be killed or possibly incarcerated.  

I dont see the writers leaving his story open-ended at this point now that we see he cannot (doesnt want to) stop committing crimes.  Especially since its far beyond the general mischief and petty-fraud for-fun.  
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    President Goodman???
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    I wonder if it will end with another change in identity. 

• Options
    I think the ship has sailed on that.  Through the end of his career as a PD, and the relapse into 'saul' as Gene, we are led to assume that he will just fall back into crime.  Jimmy/Saul is no longer any sort of victim and has lost a lot of the sympathetic character veneer 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the ship has sailed on that.  Through the end of his career as a PD, and the relapse into 'saul' as Gene, we are led to assume that he will just fall back into crime.  Jimmy/Saul is no longer any sort of victim and has lost a lot of the sympathetic character veneer 

Yep, Jimmy/Saul/Gene is going to end bad for him.  I wonder if Carol Burnett will be the one who brings him down.  Now that she has access to a computer, and now suspicion about Gene and what he's doing with Jeff....I could see her looking at some ABQ news/information and something referencing Saul Goodman.  I dunno.

The episode could have easily been titled "Parallel" for as many parallel references there were.  Showing it was Saul who steered Walt in the direction that took him down and Gene doing the same with Jeff.
    Showing the talk about Walt's cancer and Saul more or less taking advantage of that, then him debating the new cancer mark, and eventually going after him in a less than subtle way....
    While short, I really liked the scene in the RV when Saul agreed to work with Walt and Jesse.

Back to Walt and Jesse....
    Yes, they looked aged, but what the hell was with Aaron Paul in that episode?  He more or less looks the same as he did in Breaking Bad in real life (except the hairline).  He looked really weird in his Saul cameo last night.  The only thing I could think of is maybe at the time of filming, he added weight or changed his appearance for another role he was working on.  It was odd.
  • Options
    I agree on Aaron Paul.  His voice also sounded garbled/slurred or something.  
  • Options
    Same....probably some weight gain

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I agree on Aaron Paul.  His voice also sounded garbled/slurred or something.  
    Not only his voice, but his acting was subpar. It was kinda a flop scene in that RV.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Saul/Jimmy won't make it. Go back and watch how the camera pans over the open grave then Gene lying on his couch is faded in. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Saul/Jimmy won't make it. Go back and watch how the camera pans over the open grave then Gene lying on his couch is faded in. 
    good catch...

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    As much as I’d like to say Jimmy is going to be able to pull the con on prison/death, seems like this is going to end badly did him :(
  • Options
    As much as I’d like to say Jimmy is going to be able to pull the con on prison/death, seems like this is going to end badly did him :(

Of course it is. It ends badly for everyone in this universe.

It's going to be Carol Burnett that brings him down too. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

you might be right....

• Options
    Jumb0 said:

I'm almost certain of that.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Jumb0 said:

She's working for the cartel...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Nah. She's just going to get curious about Jeffy's new friend. Now that she has the internet she's going to look him up and find out about Saul Goodman/Walter White/Gus Fring and call the feds
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    mca47 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Nah. She's just going to get curious about Jeffy's new friend. Now that she has the internet she's going to look him up and find out about Saul Goodman/Walter White/Gus Fring and call the feds
    She was sent by Lalo to kill Saul. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    mca47 said:
    Jumb0 said:

That or some random YouTube video will pop up about Saul being wanted.  Surely he is on the FBI most wanted list or something.

• Options
    Jumb0 said:
    mca47 said:
    Jumb0 said:

That or some random YouTube video will pop up about Saul being wanted.  Surely he is on the FBI most wanted list or something.
    Yeah, she's going to find something.  The new computer and her new suspicion of Gene and Jeff's doings are going to cause some trouble. 
    Then Gene finds out and calls up Huel to take her out.  haha