Julian Assange Arrested.

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    pjhawks said:
    wait weren't there a lot of people here who supported wiki leaks and assange when they first came out?  maybe ill have to review that other thread to see but if my memory serves me correctly a lot of people were all for him and wiki leaks at the beginning.  
    This is correct... then they picked on John Podesta and the left lost their shit lol

I remember what you remember... they loved wikileaks right up until the day Trump said he loved them, then they all flipped
    Didn't you say just the other day that your change of position on something was a positive sign of personal growth?
    This change came as a result of treating politics as a team sport... flipping on wikileaks isnt growth, its hypocrisy 

I didn't just start paying attention when he came down the escalator 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    pjhawks said:
    wait weren't there a lot of people here who supported wiki leaks and assange when they first came out?  maybe ill have to review that other thread to see but if my memory serves me correctly a lot of people were all for him and wiki leaks at the beginning.  
    This is correct... then they picked on John Podesta and the left lost their shit lol

I remember what you remember... they loved wikileaks right up until the day Trump said he loved them, then they all flipped
    Didn't you say just the other day that your change of position on something was a positive sign of personal growth?
    This change came as a result of treating politics as a team sport... flipping on wikileaks isnt growth, its hypocrisy 

Sure.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    pjhawks said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I don't care about this. 

He should rot for his sexual crimes.

And destroying my perception of goddess Pamela Anderson.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    pjhawks said:
    I feel the same way ... Feels like this thread entered an episode of the Twilight Zone. Maybe Assange said something positive about Trump at some point in time ...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I don't care about this. 

He should rot for his sexual crimes.

And destroying my perception of goddess Pamela Anderson.
    Then Sweden should not have back away from the charges, or they should re-charge and extradite...

It's up to your country.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    So apparently peoples perceptions of others has to stay static forever, no matter what comes to light.

I guess none of you liked Bill Cosby, Louis C.K, Kevin Spacey, OJ Simpson or anyone like that at any period of time. I guess you always knew deep down inside something was wrong.

Twilight Zone indeed.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Like we need Eric fucking Snowden to tell us the indictment is on the DOJ website. And if such an insignificant charge, show up in court and get off. I’m sure there’s a bevy of ACLU or other attorneys that will represent pro bono. Maybe Snowden is lonely in  Moscow?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    dignin said:
    So apparently peoples perceptions of others has to stay static forever, no matter what comes to light.

I guess none of you liked Bill Cosby, Louis C.K, Kevin Spacey, OJ Simpson or anyone like that at any period of time. I guess you always knew deep down inside something was wrong.

Twilight Zone indeed.
    the difference is people applauded what Assange was doing when it suited their needs. no one every applauded Cosby, Louis C.K or Kevin Spacey for sexual assault and no one applauded OJ for being a murderer.  Assange from the beginning was being applauded for dealing with stolen documents. 
    pjhawks said:
    dignin said:

Twilight Zone indeed.
    the difference is people applauded what Assange was doing when it suited their needs. no one every applauded Cosby, Louis C.K or Kevin Spacey for sexual assault and no one applauded OJ for being a murderer.  Assange from the beginning was being applauded for dealing with stolen documents. 
    Maybe some people departed the Assange bandwagon when he was accused of rape. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:
    He should answer to the Swedish charges. The US charges are just political charges and he’s about to become a political prisoner.  The US is one corrupt country that this guy, Chelsea Manning and Snowden has exposed them as...

anyone who exposes corruption within government is fine with me...
    No, they’re criminal charges. But I’d be fine with having him stand trial in Sweden, serve his time if convicted and then face extradition to the US to face trial. 
    Bullshit...they are political charges.  The US is getting Just as corrupt as the banana republics you go to war with every few years...take of your star spangled glasses.  You like your government spying on you...home of the free my ass.  Home of the corrupt is more like it.

Seems you know something the rest of us don't.   What are the US charges levied against Assange? 

Because I haven't seen that published anywhere.  Do tell....
    LMFAO....The fact that US prosecutors would reveal the charges should tell you something.  You like most Americans are blind if you cannot see the corrupt ness within your government that was exposed.
    wtf are you even on about?

when people are arrested, the charges become public knowledge

how do you suggest this should have been handled?  charges should have been kept a secret?  tRUmper's would have an aneurysm going on about the deep state.  Transparency is necessary.  

see my thumb?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I don’t think that people were somehow woke by the old sexual assault charges.  Trump is associated with Putin. Assange is associated with Putin. So now Assange is a bad bad man. Makes sense in an insane way. 
    Right... i'm just making it up that politically left leaning, liberal, progressive folks were largely in favor of wikileaks whistleblowing in the past as it uncovered dirty secrets from all over, and of course including America.....

Were you outraged when they released Sarah Palins emails one month before the 2008 election? No?? Of course not

Outraged when they circumvented Chinese censorship to show Tibetan protests? 

How about when they gave us a peak at human rights violations at Guantanamo?

How about when they got an award from Amnesty International for their work exposing extradjudicial killings by Kenyan police? We hate Amnesty International now? Lol

Or when they exposed the membership list of the fascist British National Party.... i thought we hated fascist nationalists??? I'm confused.....

Afghan War Diary? Progressives hated that..... except it was also released and published by the NYT and a few other papers as they felt it was paramount for the public to see it..... 

Iraq War logs?  That too

How about when two Rueters journalists were mistaken for combatants and were gunned down by an American helicopter?

I can still remember the progressive and liberal chants of "Lock him up, lock him up, lock him up"?!?!?!?! lol

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    The problem with all of this “people used to like him and now they don’t” narrative is that of course some people used to like him and some didn’t. Now some people like him and some don’t, but have people really switched their views or not? Until someone links back to wildly different views before then this is just misremembered gossip from those who view the AMT posters as some sort of monolith. 

FYI, I tried to look back at old threads and it’s just waaaaaay too much JC to wade through. ..... ;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Jason P said:
    I don’t think that people were somehow woke by the old sexual assault charges.  Trump is associated with Putin. Assange is associated with Putin. So now Assange is a bad bad man. Makes sense in an insane way. 
    Strange narrative you have there, maybe it makes sense to you...I guess if you leave all common sense and evidence out of the conversation.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    He should answer to the Swedish charges. The US charges are just political charges and he’s about to become a political prisoner.  The US is one corrupt country that this guy, Chelsea Manning and Snowden has exposed them as...

anyone who exposes corruption within government is fine with me...
    No, they’re criminal charges. But I’d be fine with having him stand trial in Sweden, serve his time if convicted and then face extradition to the US to face trial. 
    Bullshit...they are political charges.  The US is getting Just as corrupt as the banana republics you go to war with every few years...take of your star spangled glasses.  You like your government spying on you...home of the free my ass.  Home of the corrupt is more like it.

Seems you know something the rest of us don't.   What are the US charges levied against Assange? 

Because I haven't seen that published anywhere.  Do tell....
    LMFAO....The fact that US prosecutors would reveal the charges should tell you something.  You like most Americans are blind if you cannot see the corrupt ness within your government that was exposed.
    wtf are you even on about?

when people are arrested, the charges become public knowledge

how do you suggest this should have been handled?  charges should have been kept a secret?  tRUmper's would have an aneurysm going on about the deep state.  Transparency is necessary.  

see my thumb?
    Because the charges from the US are bogus political charges because the US was exposed as corrupt...and you cannot handle that many of us know your government is corrupt no matter who the president.  You will essentially bully the UK or Sweden to extradite him...because that's what the US has become.

He should face the charges in Sweden though.  That's up to them to extradite.

Give Peas A Chance…
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    Strange narrative you have there, maybe it makes sense to you...I guess if you leave all common sense and evidence out of the conversation.
    There have already been calls for Assange to be locked up with Trump’s lackeys in this thread.  I don’t try to make stuff up out of the blue. 
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    Right... i'm just making it up that politically left leaning, liberal, progressive folks were largely in favor of wikileaks whistleblowing in the past as it uncovered dirty secrets from all over, and of course including America.....

Were you outraged when they released Sarah Palins emails one month before the 2008 election? No?? Of course not

Outraged when they circumvented Chinese censorship to show Tibetan protests? 

How about when they gave us a peak at human rights violations at Guantanamo?

How about when they got an award from Amnesty International for their work exposing extradjudicial killings by Kenyan police? We hate Amnesty International now? Lol

Or when they exposed the membership list of the fascist British National Party.... i thought we hated fascist nationalists??? I'm confused.....

Afghan War Diary? Progressives hated that..... except it was also released and published by the NYT and a few other papers as they felt it was paramount for the public to see it..... 

Iraq War logs?  That too

How about when two Rueters journalists were mistaken for combatants and were gunned down by an American helicopter?

I can still remember the progressive and liberal chants of "Lock him up, lock him up, lock him up"?!?!?!?! lol

Thanks Cap.

So what you're informing me here is that I have to like everything Wikileaks and it's founder has done because they have done some things I like. No room for nuance here.

I guess Assange gets a pass on everything he may have done then. Good to know.
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    There have already been calls for Assange to be locked up with Trump’s lackeys in this thread.  I don’t try to make stuff up out of the blue. 
    Maybe they have wanted Assange locked up from before Trump ever arrived on the scene. If your going to call out their hypocrisy, show proof of their hypocrisy. Go and find their comments.
    dignin said:

Twilight Zone indeed.
    I call bullshit, you're pulling that out of your ass to save face and explain away the blatant flip-flop
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    Maybe they have wanted Assange locked up from before Trump ever arrived on the scene. If your going to call out their hypocrisy, show proof of their hypocrisy. Go and find their comments.
    Counter proposal:  You go find them and prove me wrong. 
    Where are my flip flops? Starting to get warm out 
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    No way man.
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:

Twilight Zone indeed.
    I call bullshit, you're pulling that out of your ass to save face and explain away the blatant flip-flop
    Uh...sure.
    I for one have never flipped or flopped when it came to Wikileaks and Julian Asstrange. But yea, facts.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    I for one have never flipped or flopped when it came to Wikileaks and Julian Asstrange. But yea, facts.
    But it makes me feel so good to own the libs. 

I don't need facts for that.
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:
    No way man.
    You don’t want to use a band’s website search function that is powered by a Netscape browser from the year 1997?   Neither do I.  Even if it worked I have some gardening to do this afternoon. 
    I have no problem with anyone that has been consistent on this, i may disagree but i respect it... but you are definitely an outlier from the left side of the poltical spectrum

my2hands said:
    I have no problem with anyone that has been consistent on this, i may disagree but i respect it... but you are definitely an outlier from the left side of the poltical spectrum

I’ll add it to the list of things I’ve been called.

Brilliantati©