Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rummy said:
    Vinyl isn't made for live albums. 

Maybe shorter compilations. 

But not 3h shows.
    Does flipping the record interrupt the flow? I would guess it would.
    Absolutely. exactly why I haven't bought one vault on vinyl. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rummy said:

But not 3h shows.
    I don't know if you're joking at my expense now ot not.

But yes it does. I find it very hard to listen to a live album on vinyl. Unless it's a compilation of some kind.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

But yes it does. I find it very hard to listen to a live album on vinyl. Unless it's a compilation of some kind.
    I was serious. And I agree. i was also going to say the exception to that would be a Live on Two/Ten Legs, since there's no "show flow" to those anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

The whole thing is a joke...
    do you REALLY think Pearl Jam would put out a 24 record boxset for 3 live shows??

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

I can see how it disrupts the evenflow. :rofl:  sorry, carry on. 
    njnancy said:
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

so ironic to me that even flow is some people's piss break song. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.
    Not really, it takes about 5 seconds to flip a vinyl record, I often personally like to get another beer, or occasionally pee so it creates a nature break.  Personally I find with the CDs, I can tune out of listening and drift off between tasks etc.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

There are no piss breaks in concerts, as far as I'm concerned. Not drinking helps. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited February 2019
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

There are no piss breaks in concerts, as far as I'm concerned. Not drinking helps. 
    Drinking is for every other night besides concert night.
    I agree, no piss breaks in concerts. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    FYI
    i have no problem with live albums on vinyl. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

Did you go to Boston last year?  50% of the crowd was at least 12 drinks in before note 1.  My section was constantly in and out, one guy went to the bathroom at least 5 times.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

I'm with you.  I might have a beer with dinner before I go to the venue but I purposely avoid taking in too many fluids because I don't want to miss a beat.  I also don't like to be the guy going in and out of the aisle all night friggin long.
    Also never understood people who get completely shitfaced before a show.
  • Also never understood people who get completely shitfaced before a show.
    because it's a night out.

I drink tops 2 beers before. My badder is not made for beer and concerts. So, need to chill with the beer. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

I drink tops 2 beers before. My badder is not made for beer and concerts. So, need to chill with the beer. 
    I guess.  But you can get shitfaced on a night out at a bar in your hometown.  Why pay an additional $100 for a concert ticket, not to mention travel, boarding, etc and the expenses they incur.  All to get plastered and not even remember the show.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

I guess.  But you can get shitfaced on a night out at a bar in your hometown.  Why pay an additional $100 for a concert ticket, not to mention travel, boarding, etc and the expenses they incur.  All to get plastered and not even remember the show.
    I could never understand that... at most concerts, big and small, there's always the crowd in the concourse drinking, talking and carrying on, DURING a concert - that you had to pay to get into.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I find it fun to walk around during parts of the show...check out other areas. Especially when im in front and kind of have run of the place. I didn't do this early on, but 80+ shows in, absolutely.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

Sadly, some people's collections look like this.  With every album.  All sealed except for one copy.
    Why is that sad? I agreed with you until I read "except for one copy."
    If they have multiples of the same thing, why spin more than one copy?
    mace1229 said:

Sadly, some people's collections look like this.  With every album.  All sealed except for one copy.
    Why is that sad? I agreed with you until I read "except for one copy."
    If they have multiples of the same thing, why spin more than one copy?

But why have 10 sealed copies of Riot act ?

That's what I don't get.

Why not? If you liked the album, you could have bought any amount you wanted for like $15 each. You could buy RA new from 10c for a couple years after Avocado was out. Anyone who doesn't have a copy and wants one was either too young at the time or just jumped on the vinyl bandwagon. In either case I don;t see a problem if you bought a bunch at the time when no one else wanted them.

Hey, you can do whatever you want. Buy 50 copies for all I care.

I'm just saying, I don't get it.

I get what you're saying. I just don't get what is "sad" about extra copies (that wasn't you that said it, but what I was originally commenting on). I don't see unplayed extra copies as sad, anyone who wanted one had their chance.
    I also don't get buying a single copy and keeping it sealed. If you collect vinyl, spin it.
  • derbydave said:
    njnancy said:
    Isn't Live At The Gorge missing"
    No vinyl release of that one.
    THAT would be sweet to have on vinyl!!!
    How many records would this take?
    I'd buy Live At The Gorge on vinyl in heartbeat. :plus_one:

Oh yes!

24 records would be insane...and that would be BEFORE the shipping and import taxes.

If they did a "best of" compilation, they'd have to include the Petty cover and Y Led from 7/22/06. There was an awesome Even Flow in there where I'd swear Matt starts the Why Go intro...that one would have to be included as well.

Heck, a whole side would have to be dedicated to the slow song intro from the 2006 show.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

It does. With the current vaults, you get one side uninterrupted, then two in a row, then another two...so on.

I'd prefer:
    D/E
    C/F
    B/G
    A/H

This would allow one stack of all records with one "big flip" midway through and no need to adjust the stack.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

It does. With the current vaults, you get one side uninterrupted, then two in a row, then another two...so on.

I'd prefer:
    D/E
    C/F
    B/G
    A/H

This would allow one stack of all records with one "big flip" midway through and no need to adjust the stack.
    That seems redundant.  You're still lifting a disc off the table and putting one back on.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mace1229 said:

I get what you're saying. I just don't get what is "sad" about extra copies (that wasn't you that said it, but what I was originally commenting on). I don't see unplayed extra copies as sad, anyone who wanted one had their chance.
    I also don't get buying a single copy and keeping it sealed. If you collect vinyl, spin it.
    The "sad" part is that there are plenty of people out there now who would love an OG (doesn't matter why they didn't get one when it was released), and they can't find it at all because someone has 10 sealed copies of it on a shelf doing nothing. Fewer people are able to find and then spin and enjoy the record. Pretty simple. Anyway, i don't see why anyone would still be holding onto a ton of spares. The market is only going down now. Sell sell sell.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

I'd prefer:
    D/E
    C/F
    B/G
    A/H

That seems redundant.  You're still lifting a disc off the table and putting one back on.

Ha!

Not to mention the potential issue of the master source. If it was recorded digitally, it wouldn't be better than the CD...but I'd imagine most of the vaults are that way.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    rummy said:

But not 3h shows.

I'd prefer:
    D/E
    C/F
    B/G
    A/H

Ha!

Not to mention the potential issue of the master source. If it was recorded digitally, it wouldn't be better than the CD...but I'd imagine most of the vaults are that way.
    Recorded digitally does not mean recorded at cd quality 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:

The "sad" part is that there are plenty of people out there now who would love an OG (doesn't matter why they didn't get one when it was released), and they can't find it at all because someone has 10 sealed copies of it on a shelf doing nothing. Fewer people are able to find and then spin and enjoy the record. Pretty simple. Anyway, i don't see why anyone would still be holding onto a ton of spares. The market is only going down now. Sell sell sell.
    See, that's where I disagree. I assume most who are in that boat are just jumping in on the vinyl bandwagon.
    I hate the vinyl bandwagon, I owned Vitalogy on vinyl before I got it on CD, and I was in the 7th grade. But this silly bandwagon has made it so expensive I just don't feel bad for those anymore.
    I didn't buy certain albums, like RVM and Benny because at the time, as a poor college student, I didn't have the $60 to fork out at the time on a record and never imagined the prices would jump like they did.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:

See, that's where I disagree. I assume most who are in that boat are just jumping in on the vinyl bandwagon.
    I hate the vinyl bandwagon, I owned Vitalogy on vinyl before I got it on CD, and I was in the 7th grade. But this silly bandwagon has made it so expensive I just don't feel bad for those anymore.
    I didn't buy certain albums, like RVM and Benny because at the time, as a poor college student, I didn't have the $60 to fork out at the time on a record and never imagined the prices would jump like they did.
    I don't understand why you think "jumping on the vinyl bandwagon" is a bad thing to you, to the point where you don't think they deserve getting the album even though it's otherwise sitting on a shelf doing nothing. :lol: Isn't "jumping on the vinyl bandwagon" just a really negative way of saying "they finally discovered vinyl and are trying to catch up"?? Why do you seem to have something against people who realize they want to turn to or go back to vinyl? And why is the resurgence of vinyl silly?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata