Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    AO253126 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?
    This wasn' a "preorder", it was a "presale".

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
    The part where it said they wanted to ship it in January.  If you're a vinyl collector you know it's impossible right now for them to take these orders and ship by January.  Vinyl production is insanely behind right now.  Most other bands have given up on releasing the vinyl the same day as they drop an album.  Lots of preorders/presales not scheduled to ship until way into next year kind of stuff.

While it wasn't obvious a lot of us inferred it was limited because in order to ship in January 10c would of had to put in the order for the vinyl before summer.
    Good for those who are in the know of vinyl production and keep track on whether new releases get the vinyl day and date or not. 

For the rest of the population @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub who wrote the news article could have just added: "This year, we will not print depending on the amount pre-orderded during our usual pre-order window but have a limited supply in stock. So if you want one, please order one before they are gone. XOXO"

Look, I just added it on the fly writing this post. So it shouldn't be that difficult for tenclub to keep members and customers informed to an obvious and painless baseline level.

Maybe @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub can chime in here on why they actively chose not to.
    You have a great point, but I'm 100% sure they did the right thing. If Santos/10C had the following: "very low stock/limited" then all members that don't need it would have jumped on it just to flip it on eBay. Vault #1 would've been gone in less than 12 hours. That's how it is. People are people. I've learned a long time ago not to sleep on vinyl. Especially from Ten Club.
    Well. Having "very low stock/limited" isn't one of the ten commandments and something Pearl Jam needs to have in a world when Adele can print up 500.000 copies (as in not "low stock/limited"). So sounds to me like a non-problem. Or a fabricated problem by Pearl Jam that is fan-unfriendly. 
    they shouldn't have limited stock on anything music-related. period. but since they do, they should:

a) not put it in the shop randomly for those of us that are here all the time to reap the benefits
    b) give all members a warning. 
    c) make it always 1 per member. not 1 per order. that's dumb. 
    And they did that with every single vault vinyl, except, for some reason, for this one. Even if wasn't 1 per member, it wasn't a problem because they were pressed to order. Why did they decide to change things up with this one? I don't get it.

I think because it's not a regular vault release. It's a vault reissue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited November 2021
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:
    And they did that with every single vault vinyl, except, for some reason, for this one. Even if wasn't 1 per member, it wasn't a problem because they were pressed to order. Why did they decide to change things up with this one? I don't get it.

The answer to that is apparently "obvious" if you're in the know.

I guess the only way they could get it out in a timely manner was to press a certain number in advance. But, when has "timely manner" been a major priority? It's not like a mainstream release.

I'm glad I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from the UK, even with the ridiculous shipping. I hope if they become available in the shop again (repress/restock), I can cancel and get the cheaper shipping but otherwise I'm happy I at least have a copy.
    They sent us our holiday singles 25-30 years late.

Timely manner I doubt is a factor.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited November 2021
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
    The part where it said they wanted to ship it in January.  If you're a vinyl collector you know it's impossible right now for them to take these orders and ship by January.  Vinyl production is insanely behind right now.  Most other bands have given up on releasing the vinyl the same day as they drop an album.  Lots of preorders/presales not scheduled to ship until way into next year kind of stuff.

While it wasn't obvious a lot of us inferred it was limited because in order to ship in January 10c would of had to put in the order for the vinyl before summer.
    Good for those who are in the know of vinyl production and keep track on whether new releases get the vinyl day and date or not. 

For the rest of the population @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub who wrote the news article could have just added: "This year, we will not print depending on the amount pre-orderded during our usual pre-order window but have a limited supply in stock. So if you want one, please order one before they are gone. XOXO"

Look, I just added it on the fly writing this post. So it shouldn't be that difficult for tenclub to keep members and customers informed to an obvious and painless baseline level.

Maybe @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub can chime in here on why they actively chose not to.
    You have a great point, but I'm 100% sure they did the right thing. If Santos/10C had the following: "very low stock/limited" then all members that don't need it would have jumped on it just to flip it on eBay. Vault #1 would've been gone in less than 12 hours. That's how it is. People are people. I've learned a long time ago not to sleep on vinyl. Especially from Ten Club.
    Well. Having "very low stock/limited" isn't one of the ten commandments and something Pearl Jam needs to have in a world when Adele can print up 500.000 copies (as in not "low stock/limited"). So sounds to me like a non-problem. Or a fabricated problem by Pearl Jam that is fan-unfriendly. 
    they shouldn't have limited stock on anything music-related. period. but since they do, they should:

a) not put it in the shop randomly for those of us that are here all the time to reap the benefits

What impact would that have? "No one" has the CD (or was that reprinted?). And it is not a vinyl reprint.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

I think anyone who buys records on a consistent basis is familiar with current vinyl woes, so I wouldn't call it "those in know",  I would feel it's pretty rare to buying records online right now and not running into these problems.

That being said, I agree with the rest of what you said.  Ten Club could definitely do a better job with communication.

At this point I never really know what is the case with Ten Club sales.   Is it limited, is it unlimited, is it going to retail, is it not going to retail... no matter what they right it feels like a tossup.   So now I just buy it if I want it.   I end up paying extra for anything that ends up going retail, but it's also gotten me a few things that sold out quick :(
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

What impact would that have? "No one" has the CD (or was that reprinted?). And it is not a vinyl reprint.

I'm just suggesting it had an impact on their attitude about it, and why they didn't do it like all the other vault sales. I think they only chose to do it because people begged them to for so long, so they just threw it out there, like "okay, here!" Just a guess.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

The answer to that is apparently "obvious" if you're in the know.

I guess the only way they could get it out in a timely manner was to press a certain number in advance. But, when has "timely manner" been a major priority? It's not like a mainstream release.

I'm glad I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from the UK, even with the ridiculous shipping. I hope if they become available in the shop again (repress/restock), I can cancel and get the cheaper shipping but otherwise I'm happy I at least have a copy.
    They sent us our holiday singles 25-30 years late.

Timely manner I doubt is a factor.
    Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

It was new merch from the 10th, right? So that really isn't random. I don't usually check the shop during the day, but I pretty much always check it on my lunch break on the 10th. I'm pretty sure it was up for a few hours before I checked and I still got one.  But that is still a small window, should last a lot longer if they ordered a proper amount. 

A lot still doesn't make sense. Like, why such a small order, seems like they could have sold a lot more? If it was ordered months ago so it could ship sooner, why not do a preoder months ago and make everyone happy?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

It was new merch from the 10th, right? So that really isn't random. I don't usually check the shop during the day, but I pretty much always check it on my lunch break on the 10th. I'm pretty sure it was up for a few hours before I checked and I still got one.  But that is still a small window, should last a lot longer if they ordered a proper amount. 

A lot still doesn't make sense. Like, why such a small order, seems like they could have sold a lot more? If it was ordered months ago so it could ship sooner, why not do a preoder months ago and make everyone happy?
    sorry for the confusion. I was speaking more generally in terms of how they drop things here on the site with a "psssst" for people in this time zone that are awake at that time. I can't imagine being a big fan in Australia. you'd never get a damn thing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If something comes up that you want, order it. If you want to think about it be prepared to miss out. Didn’t want funkos, regular or variant, and was happy to watch them go. Vinyl, if I want it, I never take a chance for a pause for thought…
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,849

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Benny reissue for Christmas.  C'mon ten club.
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    jefft said:
    I think it would be interesting to do a poll to see if people would take the Benny Reissue over Balcony Seats at the Beacon for Eddie.
  • Options
    Still looking for those oven mitts.
  • Options
    Still looking for those oven mitts.
    I'm thinking a BBQ apron that says "my grillin' skills are Vedder than yours". 

*first 1000 sold come with limited edition stickman spatula. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BC62528 said:
    jefft said:
    I think it would be interesting to do a poll to see if people would take the Benny Reissue over Balcony Seats at the Beacon for Eddie.
    Reissue no question as that’s not just a one time deal. You can enjoy that whenever 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    BC62528 said:
    jefft said:
    Benny for sure. I am not interested in travelling to NYC to see Eddie play solo.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    jefft said:
    YES
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Vault #2 on vinyl  =)
  • Options
    Vault #2 on vinyl  =)
    I'm happy w this or a discount code on the CD box sets.  I loved those!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Oven Mitts and PJ Christmas tree toppers. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    JojoRice said:
    Oven Mitts and PJ Christmas tree toppers. 
    Ooh, a stickman tree topper!
  • Options
    I’m hoping they finally get around to dropping an Ed on a Shelf toy… 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    on2legs said:

I'd buy that. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    on2legs said:

it goes around at night turning off all lights and unplugging unused electronics and signing you up for liberal mailing lists. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:

it goes around at night turning off all lights and unplugging unused electronics and signing you up for liberal mailing lists. 
    Battery-free item. Also, won't stand up on its own. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    on2legs said:

finishes any open red wine bottles you have laying around. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:

finishes any open red wine bottles you have laying around. 
    Also comes with trucker hat and replica tele! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited December 2021
    For Official Platinum fans only with dynamic pricing option
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    😂

• Options
    static111 said:
    For Official Platinum fans only with dynamic pricing option
    You guys ever watch that Fraiser episode where he and Niles go to a spa and discover platinum level/door which takes them into the alleyway? Hilarious! 

Shocked Dear God GIF
    www.cluthelee.com