Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    MedozK said:
    I wonder how they'll put the sides of the records on.

Usually with these vaults, they go A/B, C/D, E/F and so forth in order to prevent stacking.

Since this is only four sides, they *could* go A/D B/C...stack them on top of each other, then when side B finishes, pull them BOTH off, flip them over and then play.

If they go A/B, C/D, there'd be more removal and flipping of the records... unnecessary since it's only two records this time.

It's hard for me to explain in words, but serious collectors should understand.
    Few artists do that anymore (off the top of my head, I only know of LCD doing that for the live box), I'd expect A/B C/D for this.
    Honestly I didn't know anyone actually auto-coupled releases these days. Those were built for those turntables with auto-changers, wonder how many have one of those still?

Good point. Maybe I'm showing my age. Maybe those tall spindles are a thing of the past.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,496
    MedozK said:

Usually with these vaults, they go A/B, C/D, E/F and so forth in order to prevent stacking.

Since this is only four sides, they *could* go A/D B/C...stack them on top of each other, then when side B finishes, pull them BOTH off, flip them over and then play.

If they go A/B, C/D, there'd be more removal and flipping of the records... unnecessary since it's only two records this time.

Few artists do that anymore (off the top of my head, I only know of LCD doing that for the live box), I'd expect A/B C/D for this.
    Honestly I didn't know anyone actually auto-coupled releases these days. Those were built for those turntables with auto-changers, wonder how many have one of those still?

Good point. Maybe I'm showing my age. Maybe those tall spindles are a thing of the past.
    My parents had a turntable with one of those changers in the 80s. It was pretty cool.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,060
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder if the woman's hoodies are sized like the woman's shirts.... want to order one for my wife, but not sure if I should order her normal size (S), or her normal PJ woman's shirt size (L or XL)
    I know it is crazy with these sizes. I usually wear a small or medium t-shirt. But always have to get a large with the PJ women's shirts. Why, why why....?

I bought my wife a L female mystery box last go around. She can wear one of the tank tops, but the other shirts we gave to my (at the time) 8 year old (now 10) daughter who weighs like 50-60 lbs. The shirts were more like Youth Larges than a Womens L. 

One of the shirts was the bright Pink 2018 tour shirt.
    PEARL JAM THE HOME SHOWS SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT Large World Tour Pink Ladies  2018  eBay
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,956
    edited November 2021
    hihobibo said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wonder if the woman's hoodies are sized like the woman's shirts.... want to order one for my wife, but not sure if I should order her normal size (S), or her normal PJ woman's shirt size (L or XL)
    I know it is crazy with these sizes. I usually wear a small or medium t-shirt. But always have to get a large with the PJ women's shirts. Why, why why....?

I bought my wife a L female mystery box last go around. She can wear one of the tank tops, but the other shirts we gave to my (at the time) 8 year old (now 10) daughter who weighs like 50-60 lbs. The shirts were more like Youth Larges than a Womens L. 

One of the shirts was the bright Pink 2018 tour shirt.
    PEARL JAM THE HOME SHOWS SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT Large World Tour Pink Ladies  2018  eBay
    I know. When was at SHN, I tried on one of the PJ feminist shirts. The large was snug, even the extra large didn't fit as well as I would have liked. I am 5'7'' and 123 lbs - fairly thin. My friend was amazed. She was like "who are these shirts made for - children?" I ended up getting the yin yang style shirt in a men's small - which was slightly too big. I can't win. However, I got a women's shirt at Fenway 2018 and it fit perfectly. So, it might be the brands.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,860
    mace1229 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I think this is the first time they've done a limit on the Vault vinyl. "LIMIT 1 PER MEMBER".
    In the past it would be one per order, but no limit on placing multiple orders.
    I'm guessing they already have them pressed, or at least ordered. If they expect to ship early 2022 as stated, no way are they taking true preorders and them sending them off for pressing. That may be why its 1 per member.
    I definitely see these still being limited quantities. Lots of people will be kicking themselves if they miss it because I see it selling out later on this afternoon.
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,548
    VAULT #1 is (temporarily) sold out.  

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,985
    So best we can figure out, they limited this Vault to one per member with a note saying they hope to ship in early 2022. Thats weird given the delays of the past year and that it now takes about 9-10 months to press a record. Given the limit and the short time frame till ship, it is assumed they submitted this for pressing a while back (summer?). In order to do that they would have settled on a number to press. Hopefully based on previous demand, but its possible to get it done by a certain date, they had to settle for what capacity they could be given. So maybe the order is smaller than usual, but it was assumed that it would sell out quick. 

hopefully theres another run, or that they will have more after shipping. 
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,548
    there's too many represses and anniversary records being made in the rock-pop-dance genres.  I wish bands would not repress a mediocre album after 10 years just to make a few bucks.  Regarding Vault #1, they probably set a limit of 5,000-7,500 copies (maybe 10,000) w/ a one per person limit to allow more people an opportunity.  I have also seen new 8-track albums recently........yikes!

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    AO253126 said:
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?
    I think because it's not a regular vault release. It's a re-issue of Vault #1. A special release and it doesn't surprise me that it's being handled differently than the usual vault releases, since it's not like those. And vault #2 will be handled the same way probably, at some point, so we have to be aware of that. I personally am sure to check in on the forum at lease once every weekday, just in case some drop happens.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    there's too many represses and anniversary records being made in the rock-pop-dance genres.  I wish bands would not repress a mediocre album after 10 years just to make a few bucks.  Regarding Vault #1, they probably set a limit of 5,000-7,500 copies (maybe 10,000) w/ a one per person limit to allow more people an opportunity.  I have also seen new 8-track albums recently........yikes!
    I doubt there are that many even.

I'll guess at 2-5000
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,376
    I'm gonna guess based on 4200 funko zombies, its around that many maniacs here like us waiting on Vault 1.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:
    I think because it's not a regular vault release. It's a re-issue of Vault #1. A special release and it doesn't surprise me that it's being handled differently than the usual vault releases, since it's not like those. And vault #2 will be handled the same way probably, at some point, so we have to be aware of that. I personally am sure to check in on the forum at lease once every weekday, just in case some drop happens.

I don't think it has anything to do with it having been released on CD 10 years ago...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:

Thanks. It makes sense when you describe it that way, but then again, it doesn't actually say that the item is limited edition or anything. It's just limited to one per member. It's also billed as a presale and as "Vault Vinyl". So you have to be pretty eagle-eyed to spot that this is different from the normal vault releases. Nothing suggests that it could actually sell out. This is a common refrain around here, but clear communication would help. I know we don't actually deserve squat from the band or their management, but just a bit of consideration for us would be great.

That said, I'll never understand the mentality of making the music limited or hard to get. Merch? Fine, go ahead and have at it. But this reminds me of the 3-disc PJ20. Why the heck was that thing limited in the first place? Vault #1 is impossible to find and now, so is the reissue. Oh well, first world problems I guess...
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    If someone wants to trade the Vault 1 vinyl for an extra ticket at the Apollo in 2022 - I'm your guy.  Not an even trade?  I'll even throw in a White Gigaton View Master to sweeten the deal - lol.
  • Options
    BC62528 said:
    If someone wants to trade the Vault 1 vinyl for an extra ticket at the Apollo in 2022 - I'm your guy.  Not an even trade?  I'll even throw in a White Gigaton View Master to sweeten the deal - lol.
    Hoo boy I'll do that if you are serious.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,985
    edited November 2021
    AO253126 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:

That said, I'll never understand the mentality of making the music limited or hard to get. 
    Well record pressing plats are at capacity. So things are limited until that gets taken care of. Also, they said this will be available on CD and DL too. So technically it will be available. 

Bt yes, other than the capacity issue, I agree with your point. 

• Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    @BC62528   This keeps popping back in and out of stock. Available right now.

• Options
    kenk said:

I wonder if they are deleting multiple orders now?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    kenk said:

thank you! I got one!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    kenk said:

thank you! I got one!!!
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kenk said:

+1
  • Options
    kenk said:

+1
    Why did you not have a pre-order during a set time like for earlier vaults?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    AO253126 said:
    This wasn' a "preorder", it was a "presale".

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    kenk said:

+1

Thanks Santos - you guys are rad for putting these on vinyl! I It will be so cool to have the complete collection finally! :smile:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AO253126 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    AO253126 said:

That said, I'll never understand the mentality of making the music limited or hard to get. 
    Well record pressing plats are at capacity. So things are limited until that gets taken care of. Also, they said this will be available on CD and DL too. So technically it will be available. 

Bt yes, other than the capacity issue, I agree with your point. 

Thanks for this. I wasn't aware that it would be available on CD. I'll take that as a suitable alternative. It'd be cool to have the vinyl to line up with the rest of the vaults, but I'm guessing the CD will be FAR less expensive so I'll console myself with the money I save.

That said, I'll F5 the shop for a few days to see if it pops back up. I'm not optimistic, but maybe I'll get lucky...
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Update: A clerk at the local record store said that stacking is basically an old way and the new turntables don't have them. Basically, it's because the records cost more and it's all about protecting the purchase.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    AO253126 said:

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
  • Options
    kenk said:

+1
    Right on!

Go get em everyone!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,287
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
    The part where it said they wanted to ship it in January.  If you're a vinyl collector you know it's impossible right now for them to take these orders and ship by January.  Vinyl production is insanely behind right now.  Most other bands have given up on releasing the vinyl the same day as they drop an album.  Lots of preorders/presales not scheduled to ship until way into next year kind of stuff.

While it wasn't obvious a lot of us inferred it was limited because in order to ship in January 10c would of had to put in the order for the vinyl before summer.