Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Welp, looks like it's still available from the UK shop but it'll cost me $58 shipping to get it vs what I think would've been about $16 had I been able to order from the US store. Can anyone kindly confirm how much domestic (US) shipping was for this? At least that way I can decide if it's worth the extra shipping...
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,376
    $15.49 for me.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?
    This wasn' a "preorder", it was a "presale".

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
    The part where it said they wanted to ship it in January.  If you're a vinyl collector you know it's impossible right now for them to take these orders and ship by January.  Vinyl production is insanely behind right now.  Most other bands have given up on releasing the vinyl the same day as they drop an album.  Lots of preorders/presales not scheduled to ship until way into next year kind of stuff.

While it wasn't obvious a lot of us inferred it was limited because in order to ship in January 10c would of had to put in the order for the vinyl before summer.
    It really is not complicated to state "Limited quantities" or "Pressing of X". As you said, you "inferred", well a lot of us inferred it was Vault business as usual and got did.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:
    Sorry, I've been petty much disconnected the past week. I saw the email on Wednesday, was happy with the choice of show for the next vault, and made a mental note to go back and pre-order it when I got home. This afternoon though it shows as sold out? WTF 10C? None of the vaults has ever "sold out" after months-long pre-order windows.  Why is this one not available after only a few days. Does anyone know what's up with this one?

It was pretty known this would sell out and not be available anymore, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
    Which part of "We are excited to announce that Vault #1 will be reissued on vinyl for pre-order in the shop!" made that obvious to you?
    The part where it said they wanted to ship it in January.  If you're a vinyl collector you know it's impossible right now for them to take these orders and ship by January.  Vinyl production is insanely behind right now.  Most other bands have given up on releasing the vinyl the same day as they drop an album.  Lots of preorders/presales not scheduled to ship until way into next year kind of stuff.

While it wasn't obvious a lot of us inferred it was limited because in order to ship in January 10c would of had to put in the order for the vinyl before summer.
    It really is not complicated to state "Limited quantities" or "Pressing of X". As you said, you "inferred", well a lot of us inferred it was Vault business as usual and got did.
    Ten club is not transparent and never will be.

Take everything that they list as being limited.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,109
    edited November 2021
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Good for those who are in the know of vinyl production and keep track on whether new releases get the vinyl day and date or not. 

For the rest of the population @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub who wrote the news article could have just added: "This year, we will not print depending on the amount pre-orderded during our usual pre-order window but have a limited supply in stock. So if you want one, please order one before they are gone. XOXO"

Look, I just added it on the fly writing this post. So it shouldn't be that difficult for tenclub to keep members and customers informed to an obvious and painless baseline level.

Maybe @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub can chime in here on why they actively chose not to.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    $15.49 for me.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

We're not fighting Superman here. It shouldn't require this much strategic thought to buy vinyl  =)
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Good for those who are in the know of vinyl production and keep track on whether new releases get the vinyl day and date or not. 

For the rest of the population @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub who wrote the news article could have just added: "This year, we will not print depending on the amount pre-orderded during our usual pre-order window but have a limited supply in stock. So if you want one, please order one before they are gone. XOXO"

Look, I just added it on the fly writing this post. So it shouldn't be that difficult for tenclub to keep members and customers informed to an obvious and painless baseline level.

Maybe @Santos L. Halper or @rubysdad or whoever at Tenclub can chime in here on why they actively chose not to.
    This has been there business practice for years. It’s nothing new.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

At least the last Vault if not the last two were open preorders so this was different. And, well, why not fix something faulty? I agree it's not new that the shop has some issues, not sure why we shouldn't hope for things to change for the best.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

It being nothing new or not is moot in the context of my post.

If your comment is some fatalistic truth, it makes the Tenclub a pretty sad organisation. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Yup, that's good advice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2021
    We could spend years, and some have, trying to figure out exactly why they are not clear with descriptions. It can be really frustrating. Like others have stated through the years, it will most likely not change.. At this point I just get what I want regardless of rarity and I do not wait. Sometimes I buy things I don't really need like the Vedder 45. I only buy old punk 45's, so this will likely get spun once and that's it. If it turned out to be super rare I would have regretted not buying one. All of this cultivated by FOMO merchandising strategy. Buy into it or don't. It's all really not worth the energy getting worked up and upset about it.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    AO253126 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

We're not fighting Superman here. It shouldn't require this much strategic thought to buy vinyl  =)
    Fighting Superman probably is easier than figuring out what's going on in the 10c though.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Yup, that's good advice.
    Agreed, if you see it and want it, buy it. 
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

I took this advice with the "limited" backpacks in the seahawks colors.  They were on there for a year.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

I took this advice with the "limited" backpacks in the seahawks colors.  They were on there for a year.
    as a guy who started collecting late, it's all a gamble. 

no code clear: win
    marrucci bat: loss
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Are you fucking serious? I go away for a week only to see Vault 1 vinyl is finally a thing, and the PRE-ORDER is sold out? When have these ever been readily available for less than like two months?

Thanks 10c.  Love you.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I think its still available in the UK shop if you want to pay more for shipping. Gonna be cheaper than tracking it down for secondary market prices.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

But if it’s a limited quantity, does it really matter? There are still going to be x number of people disappointed they missed out.  If they announced it was limited it would have just sold out quicker and resulted in a different group of disappointed people. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,597
    The Vitalogy sweatshirt in L sold out. Damn. I thought I had more time based on previous goods in shop for months, not a week.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    I think its still available in the UK shop if you want to pay more for shipping. Gonna be cheaper than tracking it down for secondary market prices.
    Thanks, but I equally have issues spending more on shipping than the product.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 604
    UK is also sold out.
  • Options
    And now it is sold out in the UK store as well.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,070
    edited November 2021
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

I said yes to both and the damn viewfinder, coffee tin and Growler... I declined on every reboot poster though and the tour stickers.   I did go for the vault as I have all of them.  I like the vinyl!

Why was the bat a loss?
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

You have a great point, but I'm 100% sure they did the right thing. If Santos/10C had the following: "very low stock/limited" then all members that don't need it would have jumped on it just to flip it on eBay. Vault #1 would've been gone in less than 12 hours. That's how it is. People are people. I've learned a long time ago not to sleep on vinyl. Especially from Ten Club.
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

I said yes to both and the damn viewfinder, coffee tin and Growler... I declined on every reboot poster though and the tour stickers.   I did go for the vault as I have all of them.  I like the vinyl!

Why was the bat a loss?
    as fast as it sold out, it doesn't hold much value in terms of demand right now. Initially some sold for high amounts on ebay (apparently, I know people say some sellers report false sales in order to drive up prices on the secondary market, I don't know). 

I traded my clear no code for Merkinball and Mirrorball, once they started selling No Code black (I couldn't care less if the vinyl is black or coloured-I just initially bought the clear to keep so I could have it on vinyl). 

as an aside: I used to think that buying for trade bait was the same as flipping. I was told overwhelmingly that, for some reason, trading for cash is different than trading for an expensive item. So I'll play that game as the rules are stated by the majority. So I'd love to trade the bat for something, but I haven't seen an "ISO" for that item here since shortly after it sold out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2021
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

You have a great point, but I'm 100% sure they did the right thing. If Santos/10C had the following: "very low stock/limited" then all members that don't need it would have jumped on it just to flip it on eBay. Vault #1 would've been gone in less than 12 hours. That's how it is. People are people. I've learned a long time ago not to sleep on vinyl. Especially from Ten Club.
    Well. Having "very low stock/limited" isn't one of the ten commandments and something Pearl Jam needs to have in a world when Adele can print up 500.000 copies (as in not "low stock/limited"). So sounds to me like a non-problem. Or a fabricated problem by Pearl Jam that is fan-unfriendly. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

Well. Having "very low stock/limited" isn't one of the ten commandments and something Pearl Jam needs to have in a world when Adele can print up 500.000 copies (as in not "low stock/limited"). So sounds to me like a non-problem. Or a fabricated problem by Pearl Jam that is fan-unfriendly. 
    they shouldn't have limited stock on anything music-related. period. but since they do, they should:

a) not put it in the shop randomly for those of us that are here all the time to reap the benefits
    b) give all members a warning. 
    c) make it always 1 per member. not 1 per order. that's dumb. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    bazzer said:
    AO253126 said:

they shouldn't have limited stock on anything music-related. period. but since they do, they should:

a) not put it in the shop randomly for those of us that are here all the time to reap the benefits
    b) give all members a warning. 
    c) make it always 1 per member. not 1 per order. that's dumb. 
    And they did that with every single vault vinyl, except, for some reason, for this one. Even if wasn't 1 per member, it wasn't a problem because they were pressed to order. Why did they decide to change things up with this one? I don't get it.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    edited November 2021
    AO253126 said:
    And they did that with every single vault vinyl, except, for some reason, for this one. Even if wasn't 1 per member, it wasn't a problem because they were pressed to order. Why did they decide to change things up with this one? I don't get it.

The answer to that is apparently "obvious" if you're in the know.

I guess the only way they could get it out in a timely manner was to press a certain number in advance. But, when has "timely manner" been a major priority? It's not like a mainstream release.

I'm glad I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from the UK, even with the ridiculous shipping. I hope if they become available in the shop again (repress/restock), I can cancel and get the cheaper shipping but otherwise I'm happy I at least have a copy.