Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    And at what price will you all still decide to see Eddie Vedder.  Last time it was $150.00 per ticket in AFAS stadium Amsterdam which is a shithole. If we consider all prices are getting higher every year my bet is this time it will cost you $200.00 for one ticket.  This way it will only be for the rich and dumb.  To bad, I know it is no 1992 any more but still..  damn.. 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 123
    edited February 2019
    In madrid I dont think it will be more than 90€ for ground level

Now dimi will say :i_dunno: and alternativenation will confirm that it is free entry lol
    Post edited by hadrielia on
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    If he is playing the same size (or just plain same) venues as Pearl Jam this time around, charging even more would be kind of... greedy
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • It's all about the dollars
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I'm hoping the Ten Club tickets will be actually good tickets this time round. I know people who just logged in for his last show in Antwerp on the morning of the public sale and got first and second row tickets, whilst 10C was way back
  • DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    RideRick said:
    And at what price will you all still decide to see Eddie Vedder.  Last time it was $150.00 per ticket in AFAS stadium Amsterdam which is a shithole. If we consider all prices are getting higher every year my bet is this time it will cost you $200.00 for one ticket.  This way it will only be for the rich and dumb.  To bad, I know it is no 1992 any more but still..  damn.. 
    There is no way he could fill the rumoured venues with 200€ prices. My guess would probably be around 100€.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    I'm hoping the Ten Club tickets will be actually good tickets this time round. I know people who just logged in for his last show in Antwerp on the morning of the public sale and got first and second row tickets, whilst 10C was way back
    From the 7 shows I saw in 2017 I only had 10c Tickets for 2 of them and those were easily the worst tickets I had on the tour. If they keep doing it the same way this time around there is no way I'll be going for 10c tickets.
  • Is there any way we'd know once the tour is announced if gigs are going to be EV lottery or PJ lottery? Would they say which system they'll use or is it just "Buy and then find out"?
  • Agreed my 10c for ed were way back in the balcony. They say its random. But we should  surely we should get the lottery of the best seats not the whole venue
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Is there any way we'd know once the tour is announced if gigs are going to be EV lottery or PJ lottery? Would they say which system they'll use or is it just "Buy and then find out"?
    They usually say which system they will use.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    edited February 2019
    I've only ever had 10c balcony seats for Ed too. Albeit, at Manchester 2012 I was front row of the balcony. 

If the venues are large and its random allocation, I'll certainly try my luck in general sale rather than through 10c. 

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I'm hoping the Ten Club tickets will be actually good tickets this time round. I know people who just logged in for his last show in Antwerp on the morning of the public sale and got first and second row tickets, whilst 10C was way back
        D
    has to do if its solo show,or ferstival or support the who.when its a solo ev show 10c always has tix.the tix in ev solo is random,cant get like pj shows the best seats in the house
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I'm hoping the Ten Club tickets will be actually good tickets this time round. I know people who just logged in for his last show in Antwerp on the morning of the public sale and got first and second row tickets, whilst 10C was way back
        D
    has to do if its solo show,or ferstival or support the who.when its a solo ev show 10c always has tix.the tix in ev solo is random,cant get like pj shows the best seats in the house
    Seems like it might be worth waiting for general sale then? From what i've read EU EV tours are fine to get good tickets for (at front) but for PJ in the US its very tough? Fingers crossed front row seats will be easy to come by!
        D
    Seems like it might be worth waiting for general sale then? From what i've read EU EV tours are fine to get good tickets for (at front) but for PJ in the US its very tough? Fingers crossed front row seats will be easy to come by!
    In the past tickets have been relatively easy to come by for EV in Europe but good seats aren't so easy the front sections sell out very quickly 
    edited February 2019
    Dercheef said:
    There is no way he could fill the rumoured venues with 200€ prices. My guess would probably be around 100€.

Well, who would guess someone will pay up $150.00 for a EV-show in a big concert hall..  Surely I never did (I did it because hé, it's Eddie) I 2012 I paid $ 100.00 for 1 ticket..  so if the money-raising-system is still on Eddie Vedder will charge us between $ 175.00 or $ 200.00 for an Amsterdam show in AFAS (check google for pictures).  Remember, last year in Amsterdam normal PJ show was also $213,- for 2 tickets G.A. via TenClub membership..  crazy motherfuckers..  It is a lot of money..  I know some people will save up all there money and instead of going on holiday they visit the concerts...  But I'm just a hard working man with a family..  Even just 2 tickets fore more then $200.00 is a lot of money.  I can spend 3 days in a nice hotel mid centrum in Prague with my whole family in the summertime..  for example..

I'm not pointing fingers to people who are willing to pay these amounts, I'm pointing my fingers to Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder and every concert hall and Ticketmaster organization who is getting these high prices justified somehow.  Luckily we have an good rock scène in The Netherlands and I can visit bands for $10.00 a gig who play out there souls and hearts like never before (PJ in 1992)

Post edited by RideRick on
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
        D
    Not necessarily a response directly to Dimitris, but the quote puts my post in context.
    I think that there is scope for a change to that policy. When agreeing contractual terms for larger venue a similar deal could be negotiated along the lines as Pearl Jam.
    In smaller settings it is much harder to annex a high percentage of the best seats due to the smaller margins the venues operate on, this alters as you upscale - depending on who you have in your corner asking and the level of influence you have as an artist. 

Rather like EV playing smaller/initiate venues and now playing arenas (if rumours are correct) - things can change, expectations and demands can change. 

We will only see when dates are finally (!!!) announced - at this point it feels like a rouse lol
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    RideRick said:
    Dercheef said:

Well, who would guess someone will pay up $150.00 for a EV-show in a big concert hall..  Surely I never did (I did it because hé, it's Eddie) I 2012 I paid $ 100.00 for 1 ticket..  so if the money-raising-system is still on Eddie Vedder will charge us between $ 175.00 or $ 200.00 for an Amsterdam show in AFAS (check google for pictures).  Remember, last year in Amsterdam normal PJ show was also $233,- for 2 tickets G.A. via TenClub membership..  crazy motherfuckers..  It is a lot of money..  I know some people will save up all there money and instead of going on holiday they visit the concerts...  But I'm just a hard working man with a family..  Even just 2 tickets fore more then $200.00 is a lot of money.  I can spend 3 days in a nice hotel mid centrum in Prague with my whole family in the summertime..  for example..

I'm not pointing fingers to people who are willing to pay these amounts, I'm pointing my fingers to Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder and every concert hall and Ticketmaster organization who is getting these high prices justified somehow.  Luckily we have an good rock scène in The Netherlands and I can visit bands for $10.00 a gig who play out there souls and hearts like never before (PJ in 1992)

Amsterdam 2018 was $188 (€166.50) for seats and $213 (€189) for standing.

eddiec said:
    Amsterdam 2018 was $188 (€166.50) for seats and $213 (€189) for standing.

You are correct, did not see my type mistake. Adjust it.

But nevertheless..  still a lot of money...  in 2014 it was $ 186.00 (€ 162.00)  for G.A. (Standing)   also a lot..

• The prices have definitely increased in recent years.  My frustration is the requirement to buy two tickets in 10c.  Let the price be whatever it is but allow fans the option to just buy one.  I know the reasons why they don’t, but hey, this is a forum so I can state my preference.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
        D
    I understand 10C has greater pull because it's the full band, a big venue, and they can look after us better than negotiating tickets for Eddie on this own. I was just stating how it went last time he played in Belgium, the seats offered to 10C were pretty bad. TBH after the last time I'll just be happy to see him play solo regardless of where I'm sat. Though I'd prefer to be within pick catching distance :)
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    the momentum has sure slow down since last friday...
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    just_one said:
    I wonder if they are concerned about ticket sales for The Who show at Wembley. There seems to be so many tickets left. Maybe they are rethinking plans for Dublin and this is holding everything up?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • tino_11 said:
    just_one said:
    I wonder if they are concerned about ticket sales for The Who show at Wembley. There seems to be so many tickets left. Maybe they are rethinking plans for Dublin and this is holding everything up?
    Doubt it. Irish gigs are notoriously tricky to organise as everything is subject to a license being granted for that date and venue, so things are usually set in stone long beforehand (Google the 5 cancelled Garth Brooks shows to see why). Besides, regardless of wherever The Who play it'll be a lot smaller than Wembley. 
    edited February 2019
    RideRick said:
    Dercheef said:

Well, who would guess someone will pay up $150.00 for a EV-show in a big concert hall..  Surely I never did (I did it because hé, it's Eddie) I 2012 I paid $ 100.00 for 1 ticket..  so if the money-raising-system is still on Eddie Vedder will charge us between $ 175.00 or $ 200.00 for an Amsterdam show in AFAS (check google for pictures).  

I could see the prices going up to 160€ if he was to play again at AFAS. But there is no way he could charge 200€ (or 200$) for Arena shows. Maybe for certain areas at the front, but not for the whole place. Who would pay 200 bucks for a seat at the back to see EV at Ziggo Dome? Absolutely noone. Again, there is no way prices will go up like this if he plays the rumoured places. Plus we already know what EV arena shows would look like since the Dublin show in 2017 and tickets were around 80€ there if I remember correctly.  
  • HepHep Posts: 34
    tino_11 said:
    just_one said:
    There are so many tickets left.  Unsurprising as they are so expensive for such a big stadium.  There is no way I am paying those prices just to watch matchstick men on stage and a big screen.   Especially as I only want to see EV from the lineup...
  • Hep said:
    tino_11 said:
    just_one said:
    There are so many tickets left.  Unsurprising as they are so expensive for such a big stadium.  There is no way I am paying those prices just to watch matchstick men on stage and a big screen.   Especially as I only want to see EV from the lineup...
    Yeah I mean The Who tribute show with Ed at Shep's Bush in 2014 was like half the price in an intimate venue. Paying double to be seated at Wembley seems like madness.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited February 2019
    Hep said:
    tino_11 said:
    just_one said:
    Just how bad are sales?  Like only half sold?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    tino_11 said:
    just_one said:
    Doubt it. Irish gigs are notoriously tricky to organise as everything is subject to a license being granted for that date and venue, so things are usually set in stone long beforehand (Google the 5 cancelled Garth Brooks shows to see why). Besides, regardless of wherever The Who play it'll be a lot smaller than Wembley. 
    No more tricky than anywhere else. For Brooks, Aiken Promotions ignored the rules for the fact that there were a maximum number of concerts per year at croke park and decided to add 2 extra shows without a license. Rightfully 2 were refused a licence and Brooks himself pulled the remaining 3.
    Kearnsy
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
        D
    i will go for 10c tickets..always that number 1 priority for me,,and from my understanding cosd aal show ill do berlin,will have 10c  tickets and probably early entrance cos of the venue.so ill go for that 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • retroretro Posts: 111
        D
    i will go for 10c tickets..always that number 1 priority for me,,and from my understanding cosd aal show ill do berlin,will have 10c  tickets and probably early entrance cos of the venue.so ill go for that 

And all these venues have standing and free choice of seats so there's an advantage with early entry