~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited February 2019
    Very sorry for your loss. 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Thanks everyone. He was only about six months old. He was born with congenital deficiencies. Despite surgery, medications and therapy, they were too severe.

He had the nicest temperament and he was the only cat our other cat would tolerate. He got along famously with Eddie too.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:
    Thanks everyone. He was only about six months old. He was born with congenital deficiencies. Despite surgery, medications and therapy, they were too severe.

He had the nicest temperament and he was the only cat our other cat would tolerate. He got along famously with Eddie too.

Oh that’s awful.

Sorry man. Poor little dude.

Good on you trying to do what you could for him- he obviously experienced love which is fantastic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    :frowning:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    So sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace sweet kitty. 
    Hugs to you. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dudeman said:

Oh man, losing a pet is rough.  Wishing you well, dudeman.  Hope you're doing as OK as possible.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Kitty just enjoying this morning, sorry to hear the bad news Dudeman on you loss ..
    kitty is about 13+ yrs old she seems fine for her age ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    My condolences, dudeman.
  • dudeman said:
    We had to say goodbye to our beloved Panda today. He was a gentle and sweet soul. 

Rest easy, buddy.

So sorry dudeman! Looks so precious, can see it in the eyes 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• Ragnar up top LOVES to sleep on his back. Especially in tight spaces. He was like that for a good 25 minutes. Nova down below loves the more obscure places. She really enjoys when there is water in there too lol. They grow up too fast :cry:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• Ragnar up top LOVES to sleep on his back. Especially in tight spaces. He was like that for a good 25 minutes. Nova down below loves the more obscure places. She really enjoys when there is water in there too lol. They grow up too fast :cry:
    High levels of trust! I bet you can’t resist petting that exposed belly lol.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    George donning his finest chapeau. 

And i meant to say, Nova is absolutely beautiful.  Purr-fection, if you will =)
  • You know Dudeman... there's another kitten out there at some rescue house that could use a loving home.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    hedonist said:
    And i meant to say, Nova is absolutely beautiful.  Purr-fection, if you will =)
    Yes, she's a really perfect looking cat, for sure!
    I wish my cat would hang out in water. I would love to bathe her. I mean, she's the normal cat level clean from grooming, but still... it would be so fun to bathe her, lol. At least she does love belly rubs. Apparently many cats don't, but mine exposes her belly and begs me to rub her tummy all the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:
    George donning his finest chapeau. 

Cool dude!! My kinda party animal!! Sashi and Gizzy would love to hang out :)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Kitty enjoying the sun on her face ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Your sun baked girl kind of has the Terminator 2 eye thing going on in that picture! Aww she's a beauty Jose!
    Sashi chillin' on my knees. Her patterns seem very snake like to me.  Except for her belly spots...total cheetah.
    Few things are cuter than cat belly spots.

And cats digging on sunshine. 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

Fancy Feast Appetizers

Single servings at $0.98 a piece

Watch your Kitty go absolutely crazy.

And I don't give a rats ass that I can get a can of tuna for half the price. Pancakes and Cupcakes go CRAZY over the Fancy Feast Appetizers.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • If you don't know this story you need to read this and definitely watch the video- it's absolutely awesome:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsgoodnews/its-true-companionship-hes-biking-around-the-world-with-a-cat-on-his-back/ar-BBVEqi4?ocid=spartanntp
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    If you don't know this story you need to read this and definitely watch the video- it's absolutely awesome:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsgoodnews/its-true-companionship-hes-biking-around-the-world-with-a-cat-on-his-back/ar-BBVEqi4?ocid=spartanntp
    This came up on my newsfeed on facebook the other day, really cool :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • If you don't know this story you need to read this and definitely watch the video- it's absolutely awesome:

This came up on my newsfeed on facebook the other day, really cool :smile:

Heartwarming.

I'm as cold as they come, but my eyes welled up reading and watching this story. The classic part to it? The kitten... desperate, cold, and hungry... overtook supremacy in the relationship- just as all cats do lol.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2019
    Aw, there is something wrong with Sid. :( She seemed so off i actually thought she was in a lot of pain, maybe in her mouth. But I took her in and her mouth is just fine. She was really dehydrated though, even though she was drinking water. Kidney disease??? She wasn't eating much either. She does have an enlarged thyroid, but there is likely more than that going on (and oh fuck, thyroid issues mean daily meds for the rest of her life too, ugh. I've been through that before, it sucks and is costly). They injected her with fluids, and gave her a super dose of antibiotic just in case, to get her through Good Friday. Got full blood work done, will hear back on Saturday and go from there. I hope it's not too too serious. She is a very senior cat - turning 17 this year. Only a matter of time obviously, but I am not ready to let her go yet!!! Not that i ever will be.

Just that trip to the vet cost me $500 btw... more expenses to come. I'll of course do what I have to do, but damn, the vet is so expensive. It sucks!!!!! :anguished:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Aw, I hope she'll be OK and her appetite returns.
    Poor Sid, I'm very sorry! I really hope she gets to feeling better soon. And btw...Sid does NOT look 17!! 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Aw, there is something wrong with Sid. :( She seemed so off i actually thought she was in a lot of pain, maybe in her mouth. But I took her in and her mouth is just fine. She was really dehydrated though, even though she was drinking water. Kidney disease??? She wasn't eating much either. She does have an enlarged thyroid, but there is likely more than that going on (and oh fuck, thyroid issues mean daily meds for the rest of her life too, ugh. I've been through that before, it sucks and is costly). They injected her with fluids, and gave her a super dose of antibiotic just in case, to get her through Good Friday. Got full blood work done, will hear back on Saturday and go from there. I hope it's not too too serious. She is a very senior cat - turning 17 this year. Only a matter of time obviously, but I am not ready to let her go yet!!! Not that i ever will be.

Just that trip to the vet cost me $500 btw... more expenses to come. I'll of course do what I have to do, but damn, the vet is so expensive. It sucks!!!!! :anguished:
    17?

Wow.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry to hear about Sid. I hope it's good news from here on.

Costs associated with vet care can certainly be high. Do you have access to pet insurance there?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Sorry PJ Soul... that sucks.  problems always happen right before a weekend it seems.  our cat just had a blocked bladder a few weeks ago.  Emergency surgery and $1500 later he seems ok.

on a bright note... I love all the kitty accounts on Instagram.  my fave right now is "orangeisthenewblackandtan".

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me