The Golf Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Sergio is such a disrespectful little bitch 

Oh wow just read about that.  What an asshole.  I don't mind when guys get frustrated but actually damaging the greens is ridiculous.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Oh wow just read about that.  What an asshole.  I don't mind when guys get frustrated but actually damaging the greens is ridiculous.  
    What a childish prick. I’m not a Sergio hater, but c’mon man. Grow up. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

5! He was damage 5 greens intentionally. He’s 39 years old. Such a baby
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

5! He was damage 5 greens intentionally. He’s 39 years old. Such a baby
    I'm guessing when he was doing this kind of shit at 18 years old, his parents said: "it's just a phase"
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I can see slamming your putter into ONE green out of frustration, although I don’t condone this and never, ever do it myself.  I could see that happening though. But FIVE?!  Did he fucking plan to do this in advance? What a douche. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

To top it off,  they are all taking money directly from repressive murderers.  They have the worst excuses.

“I’m a golfer, not a politician”
    ”any country we play in has bad stuff in its history”

These excuses are terrible.   I could understand if there were 5 events a year, but these punk ass bitches can choose from tournaments for 50 weekends out of the year to make their living.  

To top it off,  they are all taking money directly from repressive murderers.  They have the worst excuses.

“I’m a golfer, not a politician”
    ”any country we play in has bad stuff in its history”

These excuses are terrible.   I could understand if there were 5 events a year, but these punk ass bitches can choose from tournaments for 50 weekends out of the year to make their living.  
    I mean, I just want DJ’s answer. “Listen guys, I don’t want to be here as much as the next guy. I don’t know anything about this country besides the fact they paid me a couple mil appearance fee to be here. Did you see Paulina’s instagram last week? I was banging the broad in the Maldives   In a hut over the ocean and now I’m here...you think I really want to be here” 
    Trumps swing is really good and effective for a fat disgusting fuck...so short. He likes that follow through a little too much though. Gets a little inside trying to pose.
    Trumps swing is really good and effective for a fat disgusting fuck...so short. He likes that follow through a little too much though. Gets a little inside trying to pose.
    It’s amazing how well that ass hole plays. He’s been playing his entire life though so no surprise. 
    It is a complete shit show. I have a friend who moved to Scottsdale a year ago. He has never picked up a golf club in his life and has never watched a golf tournament. He texts me last week and says how excited he is for the WM (he was going). That should put it all in perspective as to what a mockery of the sport this has become. 
    edited February 2019
    bbiggs said:
    It is a complete shit show. I have a friend who moved to Scottsdale a year ago. He has never picked up a golf club in his life and has never watched a golf tournament. He texts me last week and says how excited he is for the WM (he was going). That should put it all in perspective as to what a mockery of the sport this has become. 
    Yeah I went once a few years ago but the weather was terrible and I was beyond hungover. Chicks wearing heels at a golf tournament in the rain was my favorite part. Barstool’ification of golf.

i don’t mind people who are not golf fans going to tournaments. I think it’s a great way to get people into golf. A couple good friends who don’t or allost
    never play and may watch only the last hour of a major if it’s conveinent came with me to aronomink and had a great time. But yeah, point taken

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah I went once a few years ago but the weather was terrible and I was beyond hungover. Chicks wearing heels at a golf tournament in the rain was my favorite part. Barstool’ification of golf.

i don’t mind people who are not golf fans going to tournaments. I think it’s a great way to get people into golf. A couple good friends who don’t or allost
    never play and may watch only the last hour of a major if it’s conveinent came with me to aronomink and had a great time. But yeah, point taken

It kind of reminds me of a PJ show where you have a group of drunk ass holes next to you who are there for Evenflow only and then talk as loud as possible during HTI because they’ve never heard it before. Then the puke and pass out by the second encore.  Lol. That’s the WM. 
    Give the trophy to rick and cancel the rest of the day after the shank par 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Not so fast my friend... I want Rickie to pull it off though. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Rickie is falling apart.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    This is gonna be a rough one for him. Lotta questions 
    This is a big guy win 
    Not a Rickie fanboy. Like him and want him to do well. That’s a big win for him 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bbiggs said:

some guys would rather golf with their buddy

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Huge win!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Good for Rickie. I hope he finally gets his major this year. 
    HOLY SHIT

https://twitter.com/dylan_dethier/status/1092261326313930752?s=21

No suspension and this is not even what he got the DQ for?!? The second he steps foot on US soil, he need to be ridiculed 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Brace yourselves for THE SEASON OF FOWLER! It's gonna happen this time!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    You guys are funny. 

For one tournament, in the dead of winter, during Super Bowl week, there's nothing wrong with having a different kind of a feel like you get at this one. It comes across well on tv too. 

Sure there will be some drunk assholes, but there are drunk assholes at all major sporting events....and they're always the minority---except nowadays you always hear about them because of social media.

One chick pounded a couple beers. People cheered. THE HORROR!!! haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    You guys are funny. 

For one tournament, in the dead of winter, during Super Bowl week, there's nothing wrong with having a different kind of a feel like you get at this one. It comes across well on tv too. 

Sure there will be some drunk assholes, but there are drunk assholes at all major sporting events....and they're always the minority---except nowadays you always hear about them because of social media.

One chick pounded a couple beers. People cheered. THE HORROR!!! haha
    Eh, it normalizes obnoxiousness (barstool'ification) at golf tournaments.  These clowns are now going to other tournaments too and acting like dipshits, obviously. 

Golf is different than other sports. You can't even compare. 
    The Phoenix Open has always been the wildest tournament on tour. It;s just attracting a younger crowd, add on social media, and you have a disaster.  It went from boomers getting bombed to obnoxious 20 somethings and its horrible

GET OFF MY LAWN.
    edited February 2019
    The Phoenix Open has always been the wildest tournament on tour. It;s just attracting a younger crowd, add on social media, and you have a disaster.  It went from boomers getting bombed to obnoxious 20 somethings and its horrible

GET OFF MY LAWN.
    And if social media was around in the 90's you probably would've seen some of the same stuff you see now. I think you're making too much of this. Maybe unfollow barstool on twitter? 
    chinese-happy.jpg

GET OFF MY LAWN.
    And if social media was around in the 90's you probably would've seen some of the same stuff you see now. I think you're making too much of this. Maybe unfollow barstool on twitter? 
    I follow one barstool employee on twitter and he is the Yankees guy who is pretty normal.  The golf guys suck