WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What the gawddamn hell is that?

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.

Interesting.
    He lost me with the tartar sauce. 
    What is your experience with tartar sauce?
    It is disgusting. I can’t inagine putting it on cheese. 
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

It was tasty though. The five beers too.
    In the US, tartar sauce compliments fried fish filets.
    tartar: “looking good, filet.”

filet: “thanks, tartar.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    dankind said:
    French bread pizza is the bomb diggity.

I'd like to see you try that shit with a dense German loaf.

“dense german loaf” made me think of a Sgt. Shultz shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What the gawddamn hell is that?

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.

Interesting.
    He lost me with the tartar sauce. 
    What is your experience with tartar sauce?
    It is disgusting. I can’t inagine putting it on cheese. 
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

It was tasty though. The five beers too.
    In the US, tartar sauce compliments fried fish filets.
    tartar: “looking good, filet.”

filet: “thanks, tartar.”
    I see what you did there.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    rgambs said:
    If it's good enough for those fiesty western European chaps, I would love to try it.
    Those fuckers know how to eat. 
    I strongly dislike the dominance of French cuisine, and Italian is overplayed as well, but it's much more tolerable.
    Fuck a French baguette, give me some good German bread.
    Bouillabaisse?  Bullshit.
    Give me some gulyás!

my wife always wants to get a baguette at the local market down the street in the summer, and every time, I keep saying "why the fuck do we want this rock hard bread that just gets crumbs everywhere when I try to cut it FFS?". 
    French baguette (not the white bread in the shape of a baguette. Actual french baguette) with double cream french brie and a nice specialty jam (right now my fave is a locally farmed and made Saskatoon berry jam) is probably my favorite food in the world.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    ed243421 said:

What hump?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    If it's good enough for those fiesty western European chaps, I would love to try it.
    I strongly dislike the dominance of French cuisine, and Italian is overplayed as well, but it's much more tolerable.
    Give me some gulyás!

my wife always wants to get a baguette at the local market down the street in the summer, and every time, I keep saying "why the fuck do we want this rock hard bread that just gets crumbs everywhere when I try to cut it FFS?". 
    French baguette (not the white bread in the shape of a baguette. Actual french baguette) with double cream french brie and a nice specialty jam (right now my fave is a locally farmed and made Saskatoon berry jam) is probably my favorite food in the world.
    Mmmm brie & jam!!  I've never had Saskatoon jam, is it easily found to order online?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Give me some gulyás!

Mmmm brie & jam!!  I've never had Saskatoon jam, is it easily found to order online?
    It would be nearly indistinguishable from blueberry, which you should be able to get pretty locally.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Give me some gulyás!

It would be nearly indistinguishable from blueberry, which you should be able to get pretty locally.
    Maybe add the faintest touch of almond extract to catch the nutty flavor of the seeds.
    I can never remember if you are Ohio or Maryland, if Maryland, you probably have access to wild berries, which are indescribably superior to cultivated berries.
  • "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I couldn’t believe you stopped that shot!  I have to learn to raise the puck better. Thanks again for helping with my skating skills. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I couldn’t believe you stopped that shot!  I have to learn to raise the puck better. Thanks again for helping with my skating skills. 
    Haha
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Give me some gulyás!

Sorry, I feel that isn't even close to true. Saskatoon berries taste nothing like blueberries and are a completely different texture as well. I actually hate blueberries, lol. Yes, they are reminiscent of blueberries, but very very different nonetheless.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Give me some gulyás!

It is this brand, and they do have an online store. I see they do also have blueberry jam, for rgambs. ;) That cranberry jalapeno jelly would also be incredible with brie!! And the BlackBerry pepper jelly... mmmm.

PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Give me some gulyás!

Sorry, this isn't even close to true. Saskatoon berries taste nothing like blueberries and are a completely different texture as well. I actually hate blueberries, lol.
    Hahaha I knew you would come argue this, and you are just wrong.  Everybody in the world thinks that all the serviceberries and blueberries are very similar, but I knew you would disagree lol

We are much alike, you and I! 

They are about as different as blackberries and black raspberries...which isn't very different.  Mash them up, cook them down in half their weight of sugar and gel them up with pectin and you end up with a decidedly blueberry-like (though more generic than blueberry, which isn't a bad thing) fruit preserve.

edited January 2019
    I have the jam, and it literally tastes NOTHING like blueberry jam and feels nothing like it either, and there is nothing generic about this jam.
    I eat saskatoon pies all the time too. Nothing like blueberry pie.Saskatoon berries are far more tart than blueberries, and then texture of them when cooked is not even close.
    You have unique tastes and strong opinions, and that's a good thing.
    If Dyer Googles Saskatoons or serviceberries, the internet is going to tell him that they taste much like blueberries lol

I like your unique takes and fierce defenses, but how in the fuck can you hate blueberries??? That's fucking un-North American! 
    That rhubarb jalapeno jelly is certainly calling my name!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Wait, you guys put jam on pizza?  :o:o
    That rhubarb jalapeno jelly is certainly calling my name!
    I didn't even see that one! I will for sure buy that.
    rgambs said:
    You have unique tastes and strong opinions, and that's a good thing.
    If Dyer Googles Saskatoons or serviceberries, the internet is going to tell him that they taste much like blueberries lol

I like your unique takes and fierce defenses, but how in the fuck can you hate blueberries??? That's fucking un-North American! 
    I don't know! I wish I liked them. But BLECH. Just raw is the worst, but blueberry flavoured anything is just not good for me, with the exception of very good muffins. That's okay for some reason.
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Imagine a rispy, thin and flaky crust with a thin layer of cream cheese (mild brie, mascarpone, whatever) and a heavy drizzle of blueberry (Saskatoon I suppose, whatever) sauce and fresh WILD berries, a nice dollop of whipped cream on top...
    Blueberry pizza!    
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Imagine a rispy, thin and flaky crust with a thin layer of cream cheese (mild brie, mascarpone, whatever) and a heavy drizzle of blueberry (Saskatoon I suppose, whatever) sauce and fresh WILD berries, a nice dollop of whipped cream on top...
    Blueberry pizza!    
    The Book With No Pictures—represent!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited January 2019
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Blueberry pizza!    
    The Book With No Pictures—represent!
    Hahaha yessssss, that is correct!  Ryan from The Office gettin' in my head, making me and booboo butt feel like a ba-doingy face!
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome!  Been to a handful and bookmarked for others.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    rgambs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Blueberry pizza!    
    Sounds like an excellent dessert pie!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    rgambs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Blueberry pizza!    
    Maybe some hazel or macadamia nuts for crunch.
  • Get_Right said:
    rgambs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Actually...
    Blueberry pizza!    
    Maybe some hazel or macadamia nuts for crunch.
    And some clams.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Grandma pie (pictured), calzone and plain tonight.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......