PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    My CEO and my counterpart VP are in Philly this weekend. 
    They want to 'get cheesesteaks' tomorrow.
    For fucks sake...gonna see if they will go to Barbacoa instead.  They can shove steaks up their asses.
    If they insist I think a DiNics is in order so at least I can get them a roast pork to try along with steaks.
    (Been here years ago and both ate at Pat's, so they have done the tourist thing...)

Good place somewhat close to where The Met is for pre-gaming tomorrow evening?  NFL on, beers flowing, good eats - suggestions from the locals?
    Go to John's and call it a day.

Going to The Met tonight. You goin' to that Revivalists show I take it? Not incredibly familiar with places north of Spring Garden let alone Girard. Standard Tap?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Don't worry, next step is suicide watch.
    Manny to Phillies
    Harper to Nats

Write it down.
    This is where I sound like a Yankees fan - I want Harper or both. Manny interests me the least. God, I hate myself.
    Both would be amazing.  Any team should. I don't see it though.  Never know.
    My CEO and my counterpart VP are in Philly this weekend. 
    They want to 'get cheesesteaks' tomorrow.
    For fucks sake...gonna see if they will go to Barbacoa instead.  They can shove steaks up their asses.
    If they insist I think a DiNics is in order so at least I can get them a roast pork to try along with steaks.
    (Been here years ago and both ate at Pat's, so they have done the tourist thing...)

Good place somewhat close to where The Met is for pre-gaming tomorrow evening?  NFL on, beers flowing, good eats - suggestions from the locals?
    Go to John's and call it a day.

Going to The Met tonight. You goin' to that Revivalists show I take it? Not incredibly familiar with places north of Spring Garden let alone Girard. Standard Tap?
    BarLy in Chinatown has a great TV set up and a huge beer selection. A big open room, so not a real nice or cozy feel or anything, but a solid spot for sports, booze and not far from where you're headed.

That or Fairmount area?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Good suggestions, thanks y'all.  (Yes, hitting Revivalists.  Have fun tonight & let me know of any tips, we have Pit tickets)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Good suggestions, thanks y'all.  (Yes, hitting Revivalists.  Have fun tonight & let me know of any tips, we have Pit tickets)
    I have pit tonight as well. Was there for the Kurt Vile show a couple weeks ago, pretty cool place that as Dave said is very similar to the Tower; good acoustics. 

I'd say more than anything don't tie yourself to going to a place near there though. It's incredibly easy from the Broad Street Line so as long as you're near the BSL it'll be a 10 minute commute. I was out my door and at the steps of The Met in 15 minutes, incredibly convenient.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    BSL, check.  Thanks
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Chef Vola’s tonight. First time. Cannot wait!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Report back please, have been told by a number of people I need to check that place out.
    Report back please, have been told by a number of people I need to check that place out.
    What is this?

I have two dinner's this weekend...ugh.  Some new spot in Fishtown for a 40th tonight.  Then the MIL's bday at Victor's Cafe tomorrow.  Friggen love Victor's.
    Today's the day, let me down Phils.
    Welp...tick tock dickheads...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Is it Saturday yet?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    SIGN THEM BOTH!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    What is this?

I have two dinner's this weekend...ugh.  Some new spot in Fishtown for a 40th tonight.  Then the MIL's bday at Victor's Cafe tomorrow.  Friggen love Victor's.
    One of the oldest Italian places in the country, or at least Jersey. It's in AC. From the outside it just looks like an old house. From the inside, it look like....someone's basement. As old school as you can get. The bathroom is in the kitchen. 

Food was amazing. They are known for their bone in veal parm. I ended up getting the salmon crusted with crabmeat with side of pasta (the veal looked great though--huge). The bolognese sauce was fucking incredible. 

Highly recommend for the atmosphere alone. 

Also, this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdDs6sKjcc
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Is it Saturday yet?
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now...

chinese-happy.jpg
    Hahah. I don’t not want you guys to get him. I just always figured the nats wouldn’t let it happen

Hahah. I don’t not want you guys to get him. I just always figured the nats wouldn’t let it happen

I mean I'm going off of your logic that the opposite always happens from what this asshole says, is what I'm sayin'...

I mean I'm going off of your logic that the opposite always happens from what this asshole says, is what I'm sayin'...
    Oh yeah. I was gonna say that but didn’t want to sound like a hater. He is always so wrong. 
    So White Sox are offering 8 years?

Sign Bryce TODAY and offer 9 years for Manny and see what he says. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Harper is going to sign when Boras is 100% sure that he cannot squeeze one more cent out of a team, and not a minute sooner. Crazy talk to think it was going to happen Saturday.  Made a cool $20 betting someone Friday evening, not that he wouldn't sign with the Phillies, but that it wouldn't happen Saturday.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    How was the show? What did you think of The Met?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This nonsense is going into February, isn't it?

MLB has the worst off season. This is ridiculous. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    This nonsense is going into February, isn't it?

MLB has the worst off season. This is ridiculous. 
    god i hope not, but most likely will be
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This is just getting fucking ridiculous....

And visions of sugar plums dancing in their cigar humidor
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Full court press on machado or legit?
    Nightengale isn't the only one saying this Harper stuff though
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hahaha
    Yeah this guy is ALL over the place. I think he’s drunk

chinese-happy.jpg