Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    It's the trend, young skinny guy. Bucs keeping it real.  Although I didn't agree with it 3 years ago, teams need to be looking for the next Dougie P!
    Yes I guess that is why Jim Schwartz isn't getting looks. I would think a guy who was a head coach before, won a Super Bowl as a coordinator and is back in the playoffs after a ton of injuries to his D would at least get interviews. 
    I agree about some of the hires being interesting.
    Jim is not the easiest person to get along with, from multiple reports over the years.  I think that is the 'why' with him...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    It's the trend, young skinny guy. Bucs keeping it real.  Although I didn't agree with it 3 years ago, teams need to be looking for the next Dougie P!
    Yes I guess that is why Jim Schwartz isn't getting looks. I would think a guy who was a head coach before, won a Super Bowl as a coordinator and is back in the playoffs after a ton of injuries to his D would at least get interviews. 
    I agree about some of the hires being interesting.
    Jim is not the easiest person to get along with, from multiple reports over the years.  I think that is the 'why' with him...
    he definitely comes across as a dick but would think someone would at least interview him. it's not like McDaniels isn't a dick and he gets interviews.  Although if he keeps turning down jobs that may stop.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Lol

"Okay. Listen up people. We had no luck at all with the old fat guy. Let's get a young skinny guy and see how that works out!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:

Lol

"Okay. Listen up people. We had no luck at all with the old fat guy. Let's get a young skinny guy and see how that works out!"
    That's what my sources are telling me.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

Lol

That's what my sources are telling me.
    Framed beautifully!

The NFL is a trend league for sure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,110
    I think Arians with Todd Bowles as DC is a good move for Tampa

The Kangoo hat gotta go though

Jets need an offensive coach, its been a while

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    if the bears and chargers traded kickers; bears win, chargers lose (big)
    And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Courtesy of the PECO building :)

Well that's just fucking great!  I still can't believe that happened....worst sporting event I've ever been to in my life.  It was like a death march walking out of Soldier Field.
    my buddy was at AT&T when the Giants pulled two hit Moore against the fuckin’ cubs in 2016....said he’d never heard a stadium go from so loud to so quiet.

cueto would have had your asses in game 5.
    Indiff is a Sox fan.  Regardless, Cueto & Game 5 are non-issues because the Cubs had your bullpen’s asses in game 4.
  • Options
    Vic Fangio just hired as Broncos HC

Gonna be scary what he can get out of an already great D
  • Options
    Kitchens HC in Cleveland......IDK bout the HC position....Very Cleveland Move
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    CROJAM95 said:

Long overdue for him. He has been a fantastic defensive coordinator for years 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    CROJAM95 said:

Long overdue for him. He has been a fantastic defensive coordinator for years 
    Agree.  He is the Anti-Kliff Kingsbury.
    (Meaning that he clearly is qualified, has an established track record of success, didn't just get fired from holding the same position at a bullshit college program.)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    CROJAM95 said:

Already great D?  Broncos D was not that good this year...middle of the pack at best.  But they'll be great next year with Fangio running the D.  So bummed that the Bears lost him.  
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Already great D?  Broncos D was not that good this year...middle of the pack at best.  But they'll be great next year with Fangio running the D.  So bummed that the Bears lost him.  
    Was very unhappy with the Broncos D this year...

So we have next year!!!
  • Options
    When Your offense blows, your D takes a major hit

they played  as good as you can with one of the worst offenses in the league

Broncos only had Lindsey do sqwat all year

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Poncier said:
    Many
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Indians Baseball
    Cardinals Football

There are plenty of teams that haven't won in 30-40 years too.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Poncier said:
    Oh man.  That's worse than the "AFC Finalist" banner they hung after they got destroyed in the AFC championship a few years ago.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I thought the AFC finalist banner was lame, but teams hang banners for less about every year when you think about it. 2nd place in the conference is better than a Wild Card or winning a crappy division.

The “1-0” banner  has been a team slogan/battle cry since like mid season. This is just some lame ass reporter taking it out of context for some solid clickbait.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Indians Baseball
    Cardinals Football

I didn't mean sad as in not winning, I meant it as in sad that they celebrate milestones that no other team would.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

The “1-0” banner  has been a team slogan/battle cry since like mid season. This is just some lame ass reporter taking it out of context for some solid clickbait.
    Well, Lucas Oil Stadium's official Twitter account is responsible for the tweet in the article showing the flag and saying "the new 1-0 flag is looking good". So I wouldn't necessarily pin it on a reporter, it's out there thanks to team/stadium management.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    DewieCox said:

Well, Lucas Oil Stadium's official Twitter account is responsible for the tweet in the article showing the flag and saying "the new 1-0 flag is looking good". So I wouldn't necessarily pin it on a reporter, it's out there thanks to team/stadium management.

They posted it because they know that it’s a team slogan. It’s a flag outside of the stadium, not hung up with banners or flags for championships or what have you. It’s an asshat  reporter that doesn’t know the backstory and immediately goes to the most inflammatory headline while a gaggle of dickbags parrot the initial asshats shitty reporting.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Indians Baseball
    Cardinals Football

I didn't mean sad as in not winning, I meant it as in sad that they celebrate milestones that no other team would.
    Ahhh, yes.  When the Knicks won a playoff game the damn confetti came down like they won a championship.

That was pretty low.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/long-title-ny-knicks-reason-celebrate-break-13-game-playoff-losing-streak-victory-miami-heat-game-4-first-round-playoff-series-article-1.1073580
  • Options
    Gaggle of dickbags
    :rofl:
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    Poncier said:
    Indians Baseball
    Cardinals Football

I disagree. Indians brought us Major League, can't complain about that. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

my BIL calls him “smugfuck” :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Let's see if The Colts can comeback.  And KC fans with the throwing of snowballs
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Anybody looking forward to hearing Mike Patton sing the National Anthem in tonights game?
    https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-mores-mike-patton-to-sing-national-anthem-at-the-nfl-playoffs/
  • Options
    Anybody looking forward to hearing Mike Patton sing the National Anthem in tonights game?
    https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-mores-mike-patton-to-sing-national-anthem-at-the-nfl-playoffs/

I hope he does his “oh so artsy”/“oh so shitty” bird call shit
  • Options
    And the Colts are 1-Done.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16