Christmas Single

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited December 2018
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Just curious- if they dumped the Christmas single and kept the cost of analogue membership, would there be any reason to even have an analogue membership and how would folks feel about getting less for the same cost?

Actually, having not received a 45 RPM Christmas single since 2015, I'm already getting less for the same cost.  Weird way of doing business, I say.
    Not for me.  The Tshirt and Digital Download code aren't enough to entice me to pay for Analog.  It's the single.  Unless they kicked in a year gift like U2 does, I'd go to digital.

Considering the shirt is a "free analog gift" or something like that, it shouldn't even count for the value.

I'd say 95% of analog members are in it for the record. Here's my logic:

$9.99 for the download code.
    $10 plus shipping for the record to be bought individually...and it doesn't include the magazine. Even though the magazine doesn't really include anything noteworthy, it's still part of the package. Most of the "news" is via the newsletter and random posts here.
    Free bonus gift.

The $20 extra for analog is worth it. Considering I've only ever got two "on-time" I'm not going to lose too much sleep, but this is a bit concerning, considering they used to communicate about various delays.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'm definitely in it for the records.  The tshirt, code and hardcopy of newsletter don't do much for me :(  If they discontinued the singe it would be pretty easy for me to go digital.  Plus I'm international so it's $30 extra for analog.   I've considered dropping to digital and buying the singles when they go for sale in the store, but I've never done it.
  • HaJoeHaJoe Bonn, germany Posts: 89
    I'm in for the vinyl as well, but I like the shirt if it is that good like the last years. There were some bad shirts a couple of years ago...
    Hardcopy is nice as is the code. Haven't used the code for the last 3 years though.

• HaJoe said:
    I'm in for the vinyl as well, but I like the shirt if it is that good like the last years. There were some bad shirts a couple of years ago...
    Hardcopy is nice as is the code. Haven't used the code for the last 3 years though.

I wear the "basketball" shirt a lot. The white analog shirt made for a good undershirt until it got eaten by the washing machine. Sadly, my Cincinnati 2014 shirt met the same fate.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I'm in 10c for the vinyl single and for the chance to buy other vinyl like the Vaults and the Sevens boxset etc, mystery vinyl. Not interested in anything else. I've given up all hope of PJ ever playing in Scotland again. Pretty sure it's the pointless Deep magazine that is usually the main contributer to the single being late, they send them both out together.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

For $50, I just received The National Cherry Tree membership package IN THE SAME YEAR OF MY MEMBERSHIP, it's a color 12" and there were 4 other goodies in the box. Well over the $50 value.  Oh, and it went Fed Ex to USPS, so none of that pesky Mail Innovations garbage. (Read: It arrived in less than a week.) 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited December 2018
    deadendp said:

For $50, I just received The National Cherry Tree membership package IN THE SAME YEAR OF MY MEMBERSHIP, it's a color 12" and there were 4 other goodies in the box. Well over the $50 value.  Oh, and it went Fed Ex to USPS, so none of that pesky Mail Innovations garbage. (Read: It arrived in less than a week.) 
    Ah. This is, literally, science-fiction for Ten Club. Giving us what we paid for in advance with care and in a timely manner? Are you crazy? Stop being so entitled, man. 
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, double post.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    deadendp said:

Got mine yesterday and came to make the same point. I’d add that The National doesn’t even have Pearl Jam’s live recording/mastering infrastructure. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Zod said:
    I'm definitely in it for the records.  The tshirt, code and hardcopy of newsletter don't do much for me :(  If they discontinued the singe it would be pretty easy for me to go digital.  Plus I'm international so it's $30 extra for analog.   I've considered dropping to digital and buying the singles when they go for sale in the store, but I've never done it.
    Same here.  I never asked for the t-shirt and the two I've gotten over the years are unattractive anyway and end up getting worn for doing yard work.  And the Deep magazine thing gets a one time glance through and then takes up room on a bookshelf.

So where's that single, 10C ?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• What about this? It would cut down the work needed and still give us a single.

Coming out rather soon, the 2017 single.
    Coming out in a couple months, the 2018 single.

Or a double, like 1994...whatever.

Anyway, two songs would be live songs from the same show. That show would be released as the vault.
    In December of 2019, two live songs from the same show would be released as the single which would be the 2020 vault.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

It would cut down on work by the vans and 10C. It would give people their 7" as advertised. If people wanted to buy the vinyl vault, maybe $5 off for 10C members who do the pre-order considering they already have two of the songs?
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    deadendp said:

I have been trying to hold off signing up, but I can't take it anymore. Not sure if I will get this record or if I'm too late, but damn that is nice.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    As others have stated the only reason I stay analog is for the vinyl. They are way behind. It’s frustrating. I have a million T-shirt’s and bootlegs. Just want the 45 vinyl in a timely manner being that is what I pay for. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    deadendp said:

I have been trying to hold off signing up, but I can't take it anymore. Not sure if I will get this record or if I'm too late, but damn that is nice.
    Same here. I really want that LP, though. Ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    mfc2006 said:
    deadendp said:

Same here. I really want that LP, though. Ugh.
    And maybe some transparency as to what is going on, instead of the constant silent treatment.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    edited December 2018
    maybe pearl jam wrote green disease about the 10 club staff... (that was about the time everything started going downhill)... i refuse to believe that the band would do this to the fans... once upon a time you could buy past xmas singles for free, you would just pay for shipping... i think it's time to hold those responsible accountable... and if it's the band they should let us know... i sometimes wonder if they even know.....and why do i suddenly feel like i'm just an immigrant posting a message on a trump fansite!?!?... FEAR!?!?!?... maybe fear of the loss of membership, tickets, being a 10 club member, etc... maybe this has kept people silent, although we all know the flippers all have memberships and seem to be doing fine, maybe they split their earnings 50/50 with the staff!?!?!... how many members of the 10 club staff would be left if mueller did an investigation!?!?!... as a lifelong pearl jam fan i hope the band reads this and realizes this is how the fans feel... but i won't be surprised if i wake up tomorrow and i've been banned from posting on the forum... and will probably never win tix again because by speaking up now i'm on their list... but i love this band and as a fan i refuse to remain silent... sad that it's come to this...
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    my_wave said:
    maybe pearl jam wrote green disease about the 10 club staff... (that was about the time everything started going downhill)... i refuse to believe that the band would do this to the fans... once upon a time you could buy past xmas singles for free, you would just pay for shipping... i think it's time to hold those responsible accountable... and if it's the band they should let us know... i sometimes wonder if they even know.....and why do i suddenly feel like i'm just an immigrant posting a message on a trump fansite!?!?... FEAR!?!?!?... maybe fear of the loss of membership, tickets, being a 10 club member, etc... maybe this has kept people silent, although we all know the flippers all have memberships and seem to be doing fine, maybe they split their earnings 50/50 with the staff!?!?!... how many members of the 10 club staff would be left if mueller did an investigation!?!?!... as a lifelong pearl jam fan i hope the band reads this and realizes this is how the fans feel... but i won't be surprised if i wake up tomorrow and i've been banned from posting on the forum... and will probably never win tix again because by speaking up now i'm on their list... but i love this band and as a fan i refuse to remain silent... sad that it's come to this...
    The band is responsible for this situation, even more than the fanclub, that's for sure. Do they know? Well, so they don't give a damn. Do they not know? Even worse to me, 'cause that means they actually don't give three damns about it. I now have paid $100 (2017 and 2018) to them, for what? It sucks, and it's disrespectful to paying members, that's it. They have GUIDELINES for posting in the forums. They should have GUIDELINES that teach how to deal with paying customers, too, because they're really not very good at that, objectively.
  • edited December 2018
    my_wave said:
    Fake news. Sad.....

I kid. I kid mywave. :)
    Post edited by Out of My Mind and Time on
    MTCGA
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited December 2018

=)   Dear Santos all I want for Christmas is the annual single and vault vinyl and a tour in Atlantic Canada! 

Cheers TC be safe this holiday season!

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    my_wave said:

my_wave said:
    The band is responsible for this situation, even more than the fanclub, that's for sure. Do they know? Well, so they don't give a damn. Do they not know? Even worse to me, 'cause that means they actually don't give three damns about it. I now have paid $100 (2017 and 2018) to them, for what? It sucks, and it's disrespectful to paying members, that's it. They have GUIDELINES for posting in the forums. They should have GUIDELINES that teach how to deal with paying customers, too, because they're really not very good at that, objectively.
    Well said, both.

10C, we all appreciate the opportunity to be here but it's time to come clean.  We've paid our dues, now its time for you to pay what's due.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:

10C, we all appreciate the opportunity to be here but it's time to come clean.  We've paid our dues, now its time for you to pay what's due.
    I like that, Brian!
    Agreed. 10c needs do something that must be extremely difficult and painful for them - COMMUNICATE. They must also do something regarding the single - fulfill their obligation. The single isn't some fun gift from the band/club. It is an actual obligation for which we long ago paid. They took our money. We expect that they will honor that obligation and actually ship the thing. It doesn't matter why the delay is occurring. That's their problem. They still have an obligation. The least they can do is communicate status. If we aren't getting it for 3 more years, they need to let us know. If they haven't even started thinking about last year's single yet, they need to let us know. If it has been recorded, pressed and is ready to be mailed out, they need to let us know. But instead we get radio silence. Is there at leadership void at the top of 10c? Feels like.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:

I like that, Brian!
    Agreed. 10c needs do something that must be extremely difficult and painful for them - COMMUNICATE. They must also do something regarding the single - fulfill their obligation. The single isn't some fun gift from the band/club. It is an actual obligation for which we long ago paid. They took our money. We expect that they will honor that obligation and actually ship the thing. It doesn't matter why the delay is occurring. That's their problem. They still have an obligation. The least they can do is communicate status. If we aren't getting it for 3 more years, they need to let us know. If they haven't even started thinking about last year's single yet, they need to let us know. If it has been recorded, pressed and is ready to be mailed out, they need to let us know. But instead we get radio silence. Is there at leadership void at the top of 10c? Feels like.
    Well said, Jeff!

• I'm getting tired of this shit. And I'm not even one of those vinyl crazy persons. 

I just can't stand business treating their customers like they don't exist.

Must be some guy or girl with serious social anxiety who handles the contact with the fanclub members for not being able to keep us up to date on things. It costs nothing to be transparent and is only of gain, but ofc the tenclub gonna treat us like we're some kind of aliens. Like we're dirt. 

I guess they don't have enough space left in their newsletters for a short one sentence update on why the single vanished into thin air.

Big, bold and kind of arrogant.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    A few of us have expressed our concerns with our wallets - somewhat - by downgrading to digital.  Granted we are still missing out on promised benefits as we haven't received digital files that we paid for 2 years ago.  But if everyone who had analog would cut back to digital, that's half the revenue from those customers in membership fees that 10C no longer gets.  Will it matter to them, will it make a difference, will they be more apt to fulfill the benefits promised?  Who knows?  But this is what's great about living in democracy, we get to speak with our actions.
  • A few of us have expressed our concerns with our wallets - somewhat - by downgrading to digital.  Granted we are still missing out on promised benefits as we haven't received digital files that we paid for 2 years ago.  But if everyone who had analog would cut back to digital, that's half the revenue from those customers in membership fees that 10C no longer gets.  Will it matter to them, will it make a difference, will they be more apt to fulfill the benefits promised?  Who knows?  But this is what's great about living in democracy, we get to speak with our actions.
    Speaking up is also speaking. 

You shouldn't have to "speak with your wallet" to have a business treat customers fair.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    A few of us have expressed our concerns with our wallets - somewhat - by downgrading to digital.  Granted we are still missing out on promised benefits as we haven't received digital files that we paid for 2 years ago.  But if everyone who had analog would cut back to digital, that's half the revenue from those customers in membership fees that 10C no longer gets.  Will it matter to them, will it make a difference, will they be more apt to fulfill the benefits promised?  Who knows?  But this is what's great about living in democracy, we get to speak with our actions.
    I doubt it.  I think you would have to have the majority here boycott the club all together... and then there would be no club, so there would be little point in that. 

I think the best thing to do is speak our minds here while at the same time respecting the forum rules so that what we say is heard in fair terms. 

And having done so, it would be nice to get a likewise respectable response.

10C, are you listening?

• brianlux said:
    I doubt it.  I think you would have to have the majority here boycott the club all together... and then there would be no club, so there would be little point in that. 

I think the best thing to do is speak our minds here while at the same time respecting the forum rules so that what we say is heard in fair terms. 

And having done so, it would be nice to get a likewise respectable response.

10C, are you listening?
    Listening/seeing doesn't rule out "ignoring".
  • I'm getting irritated here. Need to log off and wrap some god damn christmas gifts.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:

Ah. This is, literally, science-fiction for Ten Club. Giving us what we paid for in advance with care and in a timely manner? Are you crazy? Stop being so entitled, man. 
    But I'm not a man.  :wink:

10c,  Please send us our stuff.  We're not the most patient people, but we really have been with this. 

Please feel free to also send chocolate.  Most people like chocolate and it would make us happy.  We know you can't send wine, but we would happily accept that if you felt so inclined.  

I kid, but we would really love to be back on track with the annual singles owed.  We're getting cranky.  Let's just get this thing up to date.

Thanks much!

Not-a-guy, 
    deadendp
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
This discussion has been closed.