Christmas Single

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Does anybody realise how hard this band has fought for its fans in previous years? The amount they give to us? Who plays as long as they do and charges the amount they do? The amount of generosity and PURE LOVE they have shown us the fans through the gift of live music?

And you all are complaining about some singles of tracks you have probably heard?
    Completely separate issue, the length of time they play during shows has absolutely nothing to do with 10c delivering items they have asked fans to pay for. For what it's worth, PJ haven't played in the country I live in since 2001, have every record but never been able to see them play live and I've followed the band since I was in school in 1991. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    edited December 2018
    Does anybody realise how hard this band has fought for its fans in previous years? The amount they give to us? Who plays as long as they do and charges the amount they do? The amount of generosity and PURE LOVE they have shown us the fans through the gift of live music?

And you all are complaining about some singles of tracks you have probably heard?
    Pearl Jam playing long show for decent tickets prices  =/= not delivering on something promied that you have a year to get your shit together about and =/= the tenclub being inept in basic communication with their paying costumers.

Stop with the "They gave everything to us including PURE LOVE so how dare you critize anything about how they opeate?!". It's embarrasing. 

Shouldn't we be updated on why they can't get a Christmas single done after all the PURE LOVE we have shown them?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Does anybody realise how hard this band has fought for its fans in previous years? The amount they give to us? Who plays as long as they do and charges the amount they do? The amount of generosity and PURE LOVE they have shown us the fans through the gift of live music?

Pearl Jam playing long show for decent tickets prices  =/= not delivering on something promied that you have a year to get your shit together about and =/= the tenclub being inept in basic communication with their paying costumers.

Stop with the "They gave everything to us including PURE LOVE so how dare you critize anything about how they opeate?!". It's embarrasing. 

Shouldn't we be updated on why they can't get a Christmas single done after all the PURE LOVE we have shown them?
    I didn't come here to argue. Pearl Jam are the bosses... if there's nothing to put out, there's nothing to put out.

End of story.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    edited December 2018
    I don't know why people still call it the Christmas Single.. we haven't received it for Christmas for many years now.   Last month I renewed my Ten Club digital membership for $27 Australian dollars.  When it expires next November I'm not going to renew .. I've had it with paying for basically just being allowed to post on a forum.  Pearl Jam don't give a shit about their Australian fans anyway.. the last time they did shows here were at a festival in January 2014. 

Post edited by E.K on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Technically its an annual single. Granted, there should be one annually. But the onus is on the band. 10c operates on their whims. Shitting on them doesn't accomplish much. If the band can't be bothered to do one, then it is what it is. Blame them. 

That being said, the single can't be the sole reason people subscribe. People want tickets. People want merch. if you aren't happy with at least one of those 3 things, then maybe the club isn't for you and you should save your $40. Even if you quit, you'll get your missing single at some point. Just move on. 

I'll never get the level of dissatisfaction with the 10c. Yeah, communication can occasionally be bad.  Yep, the single has been late every year since 94. To be fair, us fans do have some unreasonable expectations from time to time. 

Sure, you have the right to bitch and moan as a dissatisfied customer. But its kinda shouting into the void at this point though, no?  The 10c usually makes good, even if its late and occasionally poorly communicated. But if you are generally unhappy, just quit.

Its also possible that some fans are in too deep (I'm really fucking sorry for that - I hate shit like that), and maybe they need a step back and realize its a fan club for a 25+ year old rock band and that, at most $5, of your annual fee goes to a 7" record, so decide if its for you or not. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    So much bitterness in this thread.

I actually don't feel bitter, just disappointed.  Sort of like when you go to a nice restaurant and think you are ordering a delicious meal and end up with a big check, heartburn and a crushed Tums in your back pocket.  Bummer, not bitter.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

That all great and I very much agree.  Not really relevant to the topic, but great anyway.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited December 2018

I didn't come here to argue. Pearl Jam are the bosses... if there's nothing to put out, there's nothing to put out.

End of story.

"End of story" made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Merry Christmas.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited December 2018
    Technically its an annual single. Granted, there should be one annually. But the onus is on the band. 10c operates on their whims. Shitting on them doesn't accomplish much. If the band can't be bothered to do one, then it is what it is. Blame them. 

That being said, the single can't be the sole reason people subscribe. People want tickets. People want merch. if you aren't happy with at least one of those 3 things, then maybe the club isn't for you and you should save your $40. Even if you quit, you'll get your missing single at some point. Just move on. 

I'll never get the level of dissatisfaction with the 10c. Yeah, communication can occasionally be bad.  Yep, the single has been late every year since 94. To be fair, us fans do have some unreasonable expectations from time to time. 

Sure, you have the right to bitch and moan as a dissatisfied customer. But its kinda shouting into the void at this point though, no?  The 10c usually makes good, even if its late and occasionally poorly communicated. But if you are generally unhappy, just quit.

Its also possible that some fans are in too deep (I'm really fucking sorry for that - I hate shit like that), and maybe they need a step back and realize its a fan club for a 25+ year old rock band and that, at most $5, of your annual fee goes to a 7" record, so decide if its for you or not. 

Can't stand this kins of response. But it always pops up. "Just quit."

Instead of people who think tenclubs communication-skills are subpar having to leave, why can't a tenclub employee or two apply to a "Communication with your fellow people 101" class?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    RP112579 said:
    Anyone have any experience with class action lawsuits? What defines a class and how could we take action via this route?
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    What’s so funny?

End of story.
    Fine, but don’t make us pay for something up front you can’t fucking deliver on. 

Lazy response. Deliver the product you promise. The reason they get away with it is because too many people are complacent with the behavior, as your response indicates. Well, I’m not. I’m done saying “it’s 10 Club, it’ll get there when it gets there.” In a week it will be closer to 2020 than 2017 and yet we still don’t have our 2017 promised items - that we paid for - fulfilled. How anyone can be ok with that, especially when this is the 3rd year in a row now, is beyond me. I did stop paying $40 this year. I pay $20 now. But where are my 2017 goods?
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,362
    Just downgraded to digital, first time in 25 years. Have to object with your $ IMO to get anything done.
    edited December 2018
    You shouldn’t have to ”vote with your wallet” to a FANCLUB of a band you love. 

Its not suppose to be some shadowy, unreachable company that refuses to keep their customers up to date and only start to do shit when your local consumer ombudsman (<— swedish word) forces them. 
  • RS65573 said:
    Just downgraded to digital, first time in 25 years. Have to object with your $ IMO to get anything done.

Agreed.

I just did as well.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    Its nothing new.  There is nothing to communicate.  Are people really that desperate for a nugget of information? 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I should have gone digital a few years ago as I also pay extra $ being international but Ïd be almost as much buying the record in the shop and paying shipping. The only benefit would be not paying years in advance.
  • Get_Right said:
    Its nothing new.  There is nothing to communicate.  Are people really that desperate for a nugget of information? 
    That's what I was saying. What are they going to say... Sorry we have nothing for you. lol
  • brianlux said:
    That all great and I very much agree.  Not really relevant to the topic, but great anyway.
    Uhh it is relevant. A DELAYED single, because it always gets here, not just when they say, is small potatoes when you consider all they've done for the fans throughout their career.
  • Get_Right said:
    That's what I was saying. What are they going to say... Sorry we have nothing for you. lol
    Why not?
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Sorry TC for being ungrateful. What was I thinking? Keep my money and don't comply to your obligations. We are not worthy.
    Sorry TC for being ungrateful. What was I thinking? Keep my money and don't comply to your obligations. We are not worthy.
    :lol: 

brianlux said:
    Uhh it is relevant. A DELAYED single, because it always gets here, not just when they say, is small potatoes when you consider all they've done for the fans throughout their career.
    Bullshit. We’re paying members. Thy don’t get excused because they have rollover vibes.
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 265
    Thanks 10 Club for all you do.
    More than happy to wait for the new Christmas single.
    God Bless us every one.
    Merry Christmas.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Mac57 said:
    Thanks 10 Club for all you do.
    More than happy to wait for the new Christmas single.
    God Bless us every one.
    Merry Christmas.
    I don't know why (maybe the last two lines), but that made me think about something they can do.. PJ should record something in the vein of Ramblings again, you know like the first one on the first ever xmas single, title could be "Ramblings again - We're Sorry". Some ramblings with Mike playing acoustic guitar and all of them apologizing for the delay, Eddie doing some Springsteen mocking, whatever.. This would be side B, and side A just a blistering cover of Territorial Pissings. I know I would forgive them. You all know you want it.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    Full diapers were hung on the mailbox with care
    In hopes their single soon would be there
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    Doesn’t bother me. I pay $40 every time I fill up my gas tank. I appreciate the Ten Club, especially all the vinyl I’ve acquired over the years. The floor seats weren’t bad either. 
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Soon someone will post that they dont even want the single and hope that Tenclub delays it Forever.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Someone call the cops 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    How many of these are we behind now? I find it hilarious that I actually don’t know. 
This discussion has been closed.