Christmas Single

Comments

• I think at this point we will see another double sleeve holiday single. Prediction is it will be Eddie's set from the Global Citizen Nelson Mandella show. We will see.
    tenclub: "Eddie, could you please do like 3-4 songs at some charity thing so we can get this single-thing off our shoulders. There's this thing in South Africa coming up" 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I think at this point we will see another double sleeve holiday single. Prediction is it will be Eddie's set from the Global Citizen Nelson Mandella show. We will see.
    tenclub: "Eddie, could you please do like 3-4 songs at some charity thing so we can get this single-thing off our shoulders. There's this thing in South Africa coming up" 

Oh, I hope not! I prefer a Pearl Jam fan club single to be Pearl Jam music, not Ed solo.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:
    I think at this point we will see another double sleeve holiday single. Prediction is it will be Eddie's set from the Global Citizen Nelson Mandella show. We will see.

Oh, I hope not! I prefer a Pearl Jam fan club single to be Pearl Jam music, not Ed solo.
    I hear Jeanne Tripplehorn is available these days......
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    Sadly it's all about communication... which when it comes to the 10 club there is FUCKING ZERO... (unless it's about merch)... and a perfect example is this thread, how simple would it be for someone from the 10 club to comment on what we're discussing and give us an update, or at least acknowledge the discussion... but of course, NOTHING... silence,... there has been a huge disconnect from the 10 club and it's members, and i honestly don't think the band has much to do with the 10 club anymore, so i'm guessing they don't even realize how bad it's gotten... because if you ran into any member of the band you know they'd at least answer any questions you had and would let you know what's going on with the band... so in my opinion it's all on the 10 club, and over the last few years it seems like they just don't give a fuck anymore..., the band used to run the fan club, and it was fucking epic... and sadly when that all changed, well look where we are now... it's really just fucking sad, and we have every right to be pissed off about it..., so hopefully our voices will be heard and something will change, and maybe 2019 will bring better days...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’ll be dropping back down to digital in feb for sure
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:

LOL, yeah, that was a real treat. I don't need to hear Ed with Beyonce, or Bieber or Miley Cyrus, or any of his a-list friends (or b- c- or d-list). I just want to hear PJ do something. Preferably something new, or rare, or unique. Or even goofy would be fine. But make it PJ. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Unless in the next couple months they can convince me to stay, digital it is. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

LOL, yeah, that was a real treat. I don't need to hear Ed with Beyonce, or Bieber or Miley Cyrus, or any of his a-list friends (or b- c- or d-list). I just want to hear PJ do something. Preferably something new, or rare, or unique. Or even goofy would be fine. But make it PJ. 
    What if it was Pearl jam with Miley Cyrus ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I think at this point we will see another double sleeve holiday single. Prediction is it will be Eddie's set from the Global Citizen Nelson Mandella show. We will see.

That would be awesome. Anyone who was eligible in 2017 or 2018 gets both.

We'd be all caught up until the end of 2019. 
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    edited December 2018
    Give us Vault 1&2 on vinyl and call it good.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Give us Vault 1&2 on vinyl and call it good.
    Exactly! It's not even that hard.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    This Christmas Single issue is going to either cause a Riot Act around here or an Evacuation.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    A few of us have expressed our concerns with our wallets - somewhat - by downgrading to digital.  Granted we are still missing out on promised benefits as we haven't received digital files that we paid for 2 years ago.  But if everyone who had analog would cut back to digital, that's half the revenue from those customers in membership fees that 10C no longer gets.  Will it matter to them, will it make a difference, will they be more apt to fulfill the benefits promised?  Who knows?  But this is what's great about living in democracy, we get to speak with our actions.
    I doubt it.  I think you would have to have the majority here boycott the club all together... and then there would be no club, so there would be little point in that. 

I think the best thing to do is speak our minds here while at the same time respecting the forum rules so that what we say is heard in fair terms. 

And having done so, it would be nice to get a likewise respectable response.

10C, are you listening?
    Boycott would definitely be effective. If I didn’t have a number from ‘98 I’d have dropped. Seniority is the only thing keeping me in at this point.
    But you don’t think losing out on all this free, easy money from the band wouldnt take notice? It definitely would. Even when the obligation is filled, it is a zero effort by the band. It’s not like they go to the studio once a year to record the single (don’t they usually just use an outtake, soundcheck, rehearsal or demo or something and add an unreleased live track?). It’s not like they even have to get them together to record something. It’s stupid easy money for the band and they have taken advantage of it.
    A boycott would definitely work, but unfortunately I think too many, like myself, aren’t ready to give up membership yet.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I say we just absolutely monsoon their customer service with complaints at the exact same time. That’ll send a resonating message. 
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    PJWGIII said:
    I say we just absolutely monsoon their customer service with complaints at the exact same time. That’ll send a resonating message. 
    I suggested this previously but no one was interested. I think if they came back from the holidays to several thousand emails all saying the same they would be fools not to take notice. For all those speculating what the single will be, we already know its Cant Deny Me.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    FR181798 said:
    PJWGIII said:
    I suggested this previously but no one was interested. I think if they came back from the holidays to several thousand emails all saying the same they would be fools not to take notice. For all those speculating what the single will be, we already know its Cant Deny Me.
    Now that would be a good idea, and also this would be the perfect time for doing it: they will return from vacation and find thousands and thousands of complaining emails all with the same message. I'm in, for what it's worth. Just post here the text to be sent, and let's see how many people adhere.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    Pressing Can't Deny Me will be so underwhelming 9 months after it was released. If it's not a 10 inch with 3 other songs or something.

ZZZ
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Pressing Can't Deny Me will be so underwhelming 9 months after it was released. If it's not a 10 inch with 3 other songs or something.

ZZZ
    It will be even more underwhelming if it’s on the “forthcoming” new album 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

RS151862 said:

ZZZ
    It will be even more underwhelming if it’s on the “forthcoming” new album 
    You do know that forthcoming album is code for greatest hits LP with Can't Deny Me as the token new song. 
    FR181798 said:
    PJWGIII said:
    Now that would be a good idea, and also this would be the perfect time for doing it: they will return from vacation and find thousands and thousands of complaining emails all with the same message. I'm in, for what it's worth. Just post here the text to be sent, and let's see how many people adhere.
    I'm not the best at writing a balanced email to 10c because at this stage I'm too angry about this. Can we have a volunteer who can word this. We all need to use the same subject, same address to send it to and the identical content.  Volunteers? Then post here once you send the email so we can track the number of emails they might get. It also might get more member attention if we start a new thread. 
    PJWGIII said:
    That might work although would that possibly mean someone working for 10C just trying to make a living be taking a lot of flack for a problem they didn't create? (Not sure, just asking.)

Another idea might me to just keep this thread going.  Hopefully, sooner or later someone in 10C who cares will get on it.
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    PJWGIII said:
    I'm not the best at writing a balanced email to 10c because at this stage I'm too angry about this. Can we have a volunteer who can word this. We all need to use the same subject, same address to send it to and the identical content.  Volunteers? Then post here once you send the email so we can track the number of emails they might get. It also might get more member attention if we start a new thread. 
    Again, a good idea but only if we know who to send the email to who can actually do something about this.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Here's another idea, and I'm mostly kidding so maybe not actually do this, but there are so many "Merry Christmas" threads here and on other forum sections that it's beginning to look like this whole place is one big 10 Club Merry Christmas forum.  If there were nothing but "Where's the Christmas Single" threads.... no, please don't do it.  Just kidding, just bumping the thread!  :lol:

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Guess what? They don’t give a shit. Well actually 2 shits now.

If this were me I’d be embarrassed as hell.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Maybe they’ve driven the business into the fuck pot and they’re too nervous to send an email to the band telling them they wasted all the 10c membership money on falla sheep and six packs of charity beer and they need about 25k to press all the Xmas singles from the last two years.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Anyone have any experience with class action lawsuits? What defines a class and how could we take action via this route?
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Anyone have any experience with class action lawsuits? What defines a class and how could we take action via this route?
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    Guess what? They don’t give a shit. Well actually 2 shits now.

If this were me I’d be embarrassed as hell.  

Maybe they’ve driven the business into the fuck pot and they’re too nervous to send an email to the band telling them they wasted all the 10c membership money on falla sheep and six packs of charity beer and they need about 25k to press all the Xmas singles from the last two years.
    Hard to say what's up.  And that seems to be the thing I've read here the most, that we have been given zero information on what's up.  Unless I missed something, there isn't a peep being said about this.

Maybe it's just that they're supper busy packing up signed Telecasters as a way to make amends for the delays.  I hope I get the black with white pick guard and bull's eye with arrow.  Sweet!

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    So much bitterness in this thread.

It's safe to say it's not a new bitterness, it's been an issue that has been building for years. Its got slowly worse. People are now standing up and saying enough is enough. 10c are taking advantage of fans, no other business treats customers like this. The amount of merch that has been pushed this year yet they can't issue a single that was recorded almost a year ago. This is people's hard earned cash that they are holding on to. With Vault 8 going out in January, these probably won't ship until February at the earliest, that means there will be some customers who have paid 25 months in advance for items that haven't been delivered. 
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited December 2018
    Does anybody realise how hard this band has fought for its fans in previous years? The amount they give to us? Who plays as long as they do and charges the amount they do? The amount of generosity and PURE LOVE they have shown us the fans through the gift of live music?
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
This discussion has been closed.