Christmas Single

Comments

• E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Just checked my Downloads as I'm a Digital member and the last DEEP magazine is dated 2016 and the last SIngle is dated 2016.  I just paid another $20 today so I can stay in the Ten Club.  I'll give it one more year as I'm a sucker.   :s
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    brianlux said:
    When was the last time a Christmas single was sent out?  I'm an analog member and can't remember the last time I saw one.  A couple years, at least. 
    It was the 2016 single which was sent out in very late 2017. Some people got it in 2018.

One side was Alive from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (I think a soundcheck) and the other side was Around and Around.
    I never received it.  Wow, so this is what you get for 40 bucks a year as an analog member?  Disappointing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    When was the last time a Christmas single was sent out?  I'm an analog member and can't remember the last time I saw one.  A couple years, at least. 
    It was the 2016 single which was sent out in very late 2017. Some people got it in 2018.

One side was Alive from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (I think a soundcheck) and the other side was Around and Around.
    Wait? The Alive single recording with Dave was for 2016? I received that in January I believe. So are they behind two Christmas singles?
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
    E.K said:
    Just checked my Downloads as I'm a Digital member and the last DEEP magazine is dated 2016 and the last SIngle is dated 2016.  I just paid another $20 today so I can stay in the Ten Club.  I'll give it one more year as I'm a sucker.   :s
    I guess I must be a sucker too.  I've paid my $40 every year as an analogue member but the last single I received was 2015.  I guess this band must be having some financial difficulties. Maybe I should but them on my donations list.  :disappointed:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I feel like most of us are part of the fan club for a better chance at GA when they tour.
    I feel like most of us are part of the fan club for a better chance at GA when they tour.
    That's fine but if we pay up for what what we are agreeing to, 10 Club should pay up too.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    brianlux said:
    I feel like most of us are part of the fan club for a better chance at GA when they tour.
    That's fine but if we pay up for what what we are agreeing to, 10 Club should pay up too.
    Agreed. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianlux said:

Wait? The Alive single recording with Dave was for 2016? I received that in January I believe. So are they behind two Christmas singles?
    Can somebody answer this for me please?
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited December 2018
    mfc2006 said:
    brianlux said:
    Agreed. 
    I do agree though. If a single is part of the annual membership, a single should be issued to those paying customers. What if, now I am just saying, it isn't the fan clubs fault. It isn't as if they are going to call members of the band, and say the fan club members are getting impatient.
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I never received it.  Wow, so this is what you get for 40 bucks a year as an analog member?  Disappointing.

As others have said, it's the chance for the tickets up front that is the real benefit. Also, the shirt, the download and other stuff are all included in the package.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:

The 2016 was Alive / Around and Around
    The 2017 was due after December 31, 2017.
    The 2018 is due after December 31, 2018.

With the cut-off date being the last day of the year, it's not due until some time after the first of the next year.

Right now, they're only one behind, although there's another thread that suggests using the EODM song as the 2016, which would then use the 2017 single as what it's written as...which puts them right on time.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:

With the cut-off date being the last day of the year, it's not due until some time after the first of the next year.

Right now, they're only one behind, although there's another thread that suggests using the EODM song as the 2016, which would then use the 2017 single as what it's written as...which puts them right on time.
    1. I ordered my analog shirt yesterday - it was completely free. (I am 2 for 4 on the shirt. I missed I Am Analog and I don't remember what the other one I forgot to order was. I know my first year I received a package with stickers and a newsletter and such). I'm thanking you for getting my to not procrastinate. 

2. I'm a dumbass - what is EODM?
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

As others have said, it's the chance for the tickets up front that is the real benefit. Also, the shirt, the download and other stuff are all included in the package.
    Fine, but as I said, I expect to get what we agreed on.  If I send you money for something, you expect to get it, right?

Here's what I signed up and paid for:

Analog $40 *Plus applicable sales taxes and Int shipping fees
    (Membership Benefits are physically sent)

• Full Website Access
    • Members-only Contest Eligibility
    • Access to Members-only Merch
    • Members-only Merch Discount Events
    • Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales
      (You must be an active paid Ten Club member as of the pronounced deadline to be eligible for any current pre-sale opportunity.)
    • Ten Club Single MP3
    • Deep Magazine PDF
    • Bootleg Download Coupon Code
    • Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Ten Club Single
    • Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    • Limited Edition Membership Item Coupon Code
    Here's what I didn't get:

Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Ten Club Single

• njnancy said:
    brianlux said:

1. I ordered my analog shirt yesterday - it was completely free. (I am 2 for 4 on the shirt. I missed I Am Analog and I don't remember what the other one I forgot to order was. I know my first year I received a package with stickers and a newsletter and such). I'm thanking you for getting my to not procrastinate. 

Its all good, man.  EODM=Eagles of Death Metal

I wouldn't suggest that song/single as the Holiday single as it cost $20 separate from membership.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited December 2018
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:

Its all good, man.  EODM=Eagles of Death Metal

I wouldn't suggest that song/single as the Holiday single as it cost $20 separate from membership.
    Okay - I know who they are. I wouldn't consider that a Holiday single either, at least not from a Pearl Jam fan club. 

I'm guessing that was after the terrorist attacks in France? I don't recall seeing it available, but my memory is shot. 

Thanks, I was completely blank on that one. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited December 2018

The National is on the ball.  Their annual vinyl-- a color 12" --is in the way. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    The Ten Club gave me the chance to snag
    a poster (Emek Rome) that regularly sells for over $500 for $35... I’m good with letting the annual single be a little late.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    brianlux said:

The answer to your question is almost.  On Jan. 1st they will be two xmas singles behind.

I think when they put out the last one, used a 2017 recording, and put 2017 on it.  I think they forgot they didn't do one for 2016.   When people called them out on it, they said it was a typo and that one was for 2016, which means 2017 is way late, and 2018 is a month away from being late.   They're so far behind they've pretty much lapped themselves :(

In all honesty, if they're not into it anymore.  I'm ok with them discontinuing it.   Catch up , put out the 2017 and 2018 singles.   Change the Analog membership in 2019 to not include the xmas single.

Zod said:
    brianlux said:

The answer to your question is almost.  On Jan. 1st they will be two xmas singles behind.

I think when they put out the last one, used a 2017 recording, and put 2017 on it.  I think they forgot they didn't do one for 2016.   When people called them out on it, they said it was a typo and that one was for 2016, which means 2017 is way late, and 2018 is a month away from being late.   They're so far behind they've pretty much lapped themselves :(

In all honesty, if they're not into it anymore.  I'm ok with them discontinuing it.   Catch up , put out the 2017 and 2018 singles.   Change the Analog membership in 2019 to not include the xmas single.

Just curious- if they dumped the Christmas single and kept the cost of analogue membership, would there be any reason to even have an analogue membership and how would folks feel about getting less for the same cost?

Actually, having not received a 45 RPM Christmas single since 2015, I'm already getting less for the same cost.  Weird way of doing business, I say.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    brianlux said:

I don’t agree with this line of thinking, and it’s exactly wht Ten Club apologists use as an excuse for them being behind. The singles should be produced before the year starts, not after its over. And it should ship & you should receive it shortly after your membership is renewed.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    brianlux said:
    Just curious- if they dumped the Christmas single and kept the cost of analogue membership, would there be any reason to even have an analogue membership and how would folks feel about getting less for the same cost?

Actually, having not received a 45 RPM Christmas single since 2015, I'm already getting less for the same cost.  Weird way of doing business, I say.
    Not for me.  The Tshirt and Digital Download code aren't enough to entice me to pay for Analog.  It's the single.  Unless they kicked in a year gift like U2 does, I'd go to digital.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Yea, the only reason I am Analog is because of the 7" singles.
  • Tenclub iis turning into the Vinnie Vincent of fanclubs
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:

Not for me.  The Tshirt and Digital Download code aren't enough to entice me to pay for Analog.  It's the single.  Unless they kicked in a year gift like U2 does, I'd go to digital.

MedozK said:
    Yea, the only reason I am Analog is because of the 7" singles.
    Yes, same here.  No single, I go digital.  And being digital strongly goes against my analog nature!

• Maybe we need to do a fan made single this year. Take control over the fan club :)
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    The smart move would be for me to go back to digital.  I’m only analog for the single, which when I was digital I had no problem finding either through the shop or otherwise.  The T-shirts are totally paint-my-house-in drawer filler
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Thank you for the replies to my question.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    The smart move would be for me to go back to digital.  I’m only analog for the single, which when I was digital I had no problem finding either through the shop or otherwise.  The T-shirts are totally paint-my-house-in drawer filler
    FACTS!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:

Yep, the 2016 single with 2017 performances & graphics, delivered in 2018.
    You forgot to add that the sleeve was titled 2017 single.
    I don't know why anyone would be confused about all this.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Yep, the 2016 single with 2017 performances & graphics, delivered in 2018.
    You forgot to add that the sleeve was titled 2017 single.
    I don't know why anyone would be confused about all this.
    That’s what I meant by “& graphics” :wink:
This discussion has been closed.