Options

Christmas Single

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185

I personally changed to digital this last renewal period. I am a vinyl freak and didn't believe that I would ever do that. I have every fan club single ever released and received all but 2 directly from 10club. I am sad about it, but I feel like I was waisting (Stefan spelling) $20 a year for the last 3 years.

like a tube full of air.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I feel like we have a better chance of seeing Santa than our holiday/annual single    :bawling:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited December 2018
    The band not recording the single is one problem. There being no communication is another. The former may be out of 10c's control, but Tim Bierman can and should do something about the latter.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    lolobugg said:

I personally changed to digital this last renewal period. I am a vinyl freak and didn't believe that I would ever do that. I have every fan club single ever released and received all but 2 directly from 10club. I am sad about it, but I feel like I was waisting (Stefan spelling) $20 a year for the last 3 years.

like a tube full of air.

I will most likely change to digital this year as well. 
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

For $50, I just received The National Cherry Tree membership package IN THE SAME YEAR OF MY MEMBERSHIP, it's a color 12" and there were 4 other goodies in the box. Well over the $50 value.  Oh, and it went Fed Ex to USPS, so none of that pesky Mail Innovations garbage. (Read: It arrived in less than a week.) 
    Ah. This is, literally, science-fiction for Ten Club. Giving us what we paid for in advance with care and in a timely manner? Are you crazy? Stop being so entitled, man. 
    But I'm not a man.  :wink:

10c,  Please send us our stuff.  We're not the most patient people, but we really have been with this. 

Please feel free to also send chocolate.  Most people like chocolate and it would make us happy.  We know you can't send wine, but we would happily accept that if you felt so inclined.  

I kid, but we would really love to be back on track with the annual singles owed.  We're getting cranky.  Let's just get this thing up to date.

Thanks much!

Not-a-guy, 
    deadendp
    Sorry, girl.
    But hey, at least you've received a single this year :D
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It is totally understandable that they haven't been able to get a single out, though. Think about all of the touring studio work album releases  merch peddling they've been doing. Hard to find time to do anything else!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    jeffbr said:
    It is totally understandable that they haven't been able to get a single out, though. Think about all of the touring studio work album releases  merch peddling they've been doing. Hard to find time to do anything else!
    Post of the month Jeff!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Post of the month Jeff!!!
    Plus one, Jeff.  Nailed it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited December 2018
    JimmyV said:
    The band not recording the single is one problem. There being no communication is another. The former may be out of 10c's control, but Tim Bierman can and should do something about the latter.

They've recorded live tracks, sound checks and demos for years.

Like I said elsewhere, one 7" could come out in December consisting of two tracks from the vault on pre-sale six months later. Nowhere does it say the annual single has to be unique tracks, does it?

Orrr...soundcheck (if possible) from a show which would be the vault release the following year. Every once in a while, mix it up with a demo or a EV solo or a side project situation.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    I think there should be interest on a late annual single at a rate of 2 minute per month.  That way, after sixth months, the single would become an EP and after a year, we would be due a full album.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    JimmyV said:

Like I said elsewhere, one 7" could come out in December consisting of two tracks from the vault on pre-sale six months later. Nowhere does it say the annual single has to be unique tracks, does it?

Orrr...soundcheck (if possible) from a show which would be the vault release the following year. Every once in a while, mix it up with a demo or a EV solo or a side project situation.
    I think the best 10c singles have new music on them.  Whether it's a new song from the studio, or something the recorded during a soundcheck.   The live ones are decent, but not as good.  If they did live ones of tracks already released on other media... I think people would be disappointed.  I would be.  Already on the fence as to whether Analog is worth my extra $30usd anymore :(
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

I think the best 10c singles have new music on them.  Whether it's a new song from the studio, or something the recorded during a soundcheck.   The live ones are decent, but not as good.  If they did live ones of tracks already released on other media... I think people would be disappointed.  I would be.  Already on the fence as to whether Analog is worth my extra $30usd anymore :(
    I don't mind the live tracks as long as they are going to be exclusive, it was kind of weird the year Crown and Can't help falling in Love were the single and yet the Boots were coming out for the Vegas show a few months after.  

Could have done without any of the Holiday singles ending up on Lost Dogs.  

In any event, at this stage, it would be nice to hear a HEY we know we are behind and the 2016 was way late and the 2017 is not coming in 2018 and the 2018 single is not coming in 2018 but we have a plan to make it good...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't mind the live tracks as long as they are going to be exclusive, it was kind of weird the year Crown and Can't help falling in Love were the single and yet the Boots were coming out for the Vegas show a few months after.  

In any event, at this stage, it would be nice to hear a HEY we know we are behind and the 2016 was way late and the 2017 is not coming in 2018 and the 2018 single is not coming in 2018 but we have a plan to make it good...
    +1 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited December 2018
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

They said something to that effect with the 2016 single.  "We apologize for the long wait but we've put together something special we think you will like."  We got a stencil and "2017" single. :weary:
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    they are stealing money at this point
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Someone call the cops...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    i think if you add up all the analog members over 3 years that paid extra for vinyl it would add up to a pretty penny, and nothing to show for it....they keep piling up years..maybe the cops are an order
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    I dont think they really give a shit and are quite happy to take the money. Going on for years now along with the our constant complaints about it and they dont even acknowledge that. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    I dont think they really give a shit and are quite happy to take the money. Going on for years now along with the our constant complaints about it and they dont even acknowledge that. 

It's quite obvious they don't give a shit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

They said something to that effect with the 2016 single.  "We apologize for the long wait but we've put together something special we think you will like."  We got a stencil and "2017" single. :weary:
    This is why "communication" won't matter. Any update they give won't be good enough. The complaining won't stop. It'll just turn into "The update wasn't good enough" complaining.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    Well its NOT good enough. I'm due to renew in Jan, dropping to digital only. 25 year fanclub member. Its just not cool.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    RS65573 said:
    Well its NOT good enough. I'm due to renew in Jan, dropping to digital only. 25 year fanclub member. Its just not cool.
    Exactly.  It shouldn't be good enough.  Deliver the damn goods when promised!
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    RS65573 said:
    Exactly.  It shouldn't be good enough.  Deliver the damn goods when promised!
    I think everyone would take a Zippo instead right? I mean, I get you cant MAKE the band record, but you need to give people what they paid for, OR make it right.

And when you WEEKLY have new $25-100 items for us to buy en-mass, its clear they easily COULD give us something...even the opportunity to buy something cool.

Maybe focus on what you owe, before you try to make more? 
  • Options
    It has gotten so bad they changed the saying:

"You get what you pay for.....  just not in the Ten Club"

• Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 183
    lolobugg said:

like a tube full of air.

Something I wish I had done years ago instead of cancelling altogether like I did. In turn my member number went from 65k to over 500k.  Being late on the annual single, as we all know, is nothing new. I let it get to me years ago and cancelled my membership over it even when they were offering a digital subscription. Stupid, I know. But like many of you I let it get to me and I reacted with my wallet and I was the one left without, not 10C. I like reading the forums and having access to better tix so I definitely won't go the same route as before. But I also believe when it comes time to re-up I'll most likely go digital and bank on the fact that the 45 will be available in the shop. 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited December 2018
    Honestly at this point 10C shouldn't wait on Christmas Singles for each year - they should just send us exclusive merch and a gift card instead to compensate if there is nothing to make into a single.

Totally agree that the Ten Club's communication on these is the main problem by far, not the fact that the band isn't recording them.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RP112579 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

This is why "communication" won't matter. Any update they give won't be good enough. The complaining won't stop. It'll just turn into "The update wasn't good enough" complaining.
    You could be right. Maybe instead they should actually fulfill their obligations. Do their jobs. Strange expectation, I know.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

Sorry for being frank -- but this is bullshit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2018
    Its a shame 10c dont do paypal. Because when the items dont arrive after a year we could just lodge a claim, get our money back. As it is, its totally unregulated. Ultimately 10c take our money, its a business, so they should tell us when its going to arrive. If they cant fulfill this any longer then drop it and drop the cost. Theyve pretty much killed the fanclub single as it is, its no longer an enjoyable thing when they treat customers so badly.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    I think at this point we will see another double sleeve holiday single. Prediction is it will be Eddie's set from the Global Citizen Nelson Mandella show. We will see.
This discussion has been closed.