Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump has now created a tweet alluding to State News.  Another test that he's going to pass.  Authoritarianism, here we come.
    Can you quote the tweet please? I don't really get what you mean without that... he's going to pass what test?
    But yeah, he TOTALLY wants state-run news media, all the way. He's already halfway there, and hardly anyone even seems to care.
    "While CNN doesn't do great in the US based on ratings, outside of the US they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the US in an unfair and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the US starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World teh way we really are, GREAT!"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump has now created a tweet alluding to State News.  Another test that he's going to pass.  Authoritarianism, here we come.
    Can you quote the tweet please? I don't really get what you mean without that... he's going to pass what test?
    But yeah, he TOTALLY wants state-run news media, all the way. He's already halfway there, and hardly anyone even seems to care.
    "While CNN doesn't do great in the US based on ratings, outside of the US they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the US in an unfair and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the US starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World teh way we really are, GREAT!"

So -- basically, he'll ask RT to cut  him a nice deal to air "our" "real" news abroad? Something like that, I bet. He won't do it unless there's something in it for him -- too damn lazy and narcissistic to do otherwise,
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Pence suggested that there be a state run media when he was Gov of Indiana....that didn't go over well.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Thank you, and :tired_face: WTF?? Wow. I mean, the really scary part is that I have absolutely no idea if he's just too fucking stupid and ignorant and senile to understand what that ACTUALLY says, or if this is a serious, deliberate suggestion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    Also, Voice of America still exists....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Smellyman said:
    The lengths some go to play devil's advocate is nauseating.  Especially when it is apples to oranges.
    This.

There are a handful of people here who post just for the sake of posting, and for stirring the pot. 

I feel like this is a big percentage of our (USA) goddamn idiot population.

Quit stirring the pot.  Nobody thinks that you are smarter because you can present a different viewpoint.  Quite the opposite -- you make problems worse. 
    Yeah! Having a differing opinion is wrong! Kill them all, dictator style
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    The lengths some go to play devil's advocate is nauseating.  Especially when it is apples to oranges.
    This.

There are a handful of people here who post just for the sake of posting, and for stirring the pot. 

Quit stirring the pot.  Nobody thinks that you are smarter because you can present a different viewpoint.  Quite the opposite -- you make problems worse. 

Except if they are buying pizza from you. Then don't kill them. Pretend you respect them... take their money... wait until they leave your establishment... and then go back to typing how much you truly think of them!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Smellyman said:
    This.

Except if they are buying pizza from you. Then don't kill them. Pretend you respect them... take their money... wait until they leave your establishment... and then go back to typing how much you truly think of them!
    Lol, I hate the general public, as do all my friends who are chefs.  They’re animals.  Keep being mad you sign the back of the check though, I’ll keep signing the front!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    This.

Lol, I hate the general public, as do all my friends who are chefs.  They’re animals.  Keep being mad you sign the back of the check though, I’ll keep signing the front!

Me? Mad?

I'm not mad. I'm amused. Thoroughly.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    The new Congress gets sworn in in January so he's gonna go wild for the next month and a bit and then there will be people who have the balls to actually call him and his administration on some of this insanity. 

Evidently the Republicans have all been castrated, including the women. And they have allowed Trump to move America towards a dictatorship and he knows exactly what he is doing. He is an idiot in a lot of ways but he  knows how to disregard all norms and grab power and create havoc. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Unifor Union Leader Jerry Dias, sounded like Trump today after the announcement of the GM Plant closures, he attacked GM and Mexico over their 2/hour wage and called for Canada to put tariffs on cars coming in from Mexico?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Tiki said:
    You're looking right at fascism.  Right at it.
    And there are people on this board - fellow Pearl Jam fans - who support it/him.
    Other than Unsung, who else?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,214
    What's up with specific references to fellow members lately? Lots of dissing to a few when they aren't even involved in the topic. I may disagree with some about their views, but I don't feel the need to specifically call out someone not actively responding in a thread, unless I want to ask them a question. No reason to speak for someone who isn't on here to respond to a generalization about them as a person.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I just saw Melania's Christmas decorations, horrendous. Node to Russia?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    I’m convinced she’s either a vampire, lizard or alien, she has zero clue on American Xmas decor ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    edited November 2018
    I’m convinced she’s either a vampire, lizard or alien, she has zero clue on American Xmas decor ...
    Judging from movies --American Xmas decor is tacky though. What if DT would have decorated?

It looks like she decorated for that last planet in The Last Jedi with the red sand. But whatever. It looked kind of cool I though from a thumbnail.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Judging from movies --American Xmas decor is tacky though. 

It looks like she decorated for that last planet in The Last Jedi with the red sand. But whatever. It looked kind of cool I though from a thumbnail.
    Tacky ok but compared to past 1st ladies she falls flat on her face ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yep, Melania decorated for Crait, the salt planet in TLJ.
  • Options
    Yep, Melania decorated for Crait, the salt planet in TLJ.
    "Wipe them out.... all of them"

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    hahaha
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Judging from movies --American Xmas decor is tacky though. What if DT would have decorated?

If he had done the decorating everything would be gold...

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    edited November 2018
    Tiki said:

Ummm...is it ok that I’m looking forward to the weather reports?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    So - other than there being too many of them, I like the red trees. And inside it looks nice but again, too many trees. But I hardly see anything for people to get upset about.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    edited November 2018
    I kinda like the red trees, too.  Even if they remind me of the guys guarding the Emperor in Jedi.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    So - other than there being too many of them, I like the red trees. And inside it looks nice but again, too many trees. But I hardly see anything for people to get upset about.

duh-duh-da-duh-duh-da-duh-duh-da (bugle blast)

Trump cavalry to the rescue!

Aaaaaagain lol

(Who's upset? The trees are butt ugly and people have made note. They do complement Donald's orange flabby skin... sooo they got that going for them I guess?)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    Tiki said:
    You're looking right at fascism.  Right at it.
    And there are people on this board - fellow Pearl Jam fans - who support it/him.
    Other than Unsung, who else?

To die unsung would really bring you down
    Although wet eyes would never suit you
  • Options
    "She" looks like she's walking through a car wash.
  • Options

If he had done the decorating everything would be gold...

The phone cord bothers me.
This discussion has been closed.