Donald Trump

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    Hopefully the Dems get the messaging out.  I have a feeling that the open hearings will shift opinion enough to matter.
    Trending in the right direction. If everything is “perfect,” why so much non-cooperation? The House needs the Chinese call transcripts as well as Team Trump Treason’s tax returns. What are they hiding?

https://apple.news/APrgBClXNTmmdWWzkeY4qLg
    that was done on air live on the WH lawn wasnt?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Kat said:
    Ok. here's something I don't understand. When they talk about Dems trying to undo the election of 2016, is Pence invisible or something? If soul-eater is removed, Pence takes his place and the GOP is still the party in power. That's how the Constitution works, right? Maybe they don't like him but it doesn't turn the WH over to the other party. Why are they using that goofy argument? Why do I even ask lol. 

Times are just changing.  Partisanship has always been around and has always been a negative.  But I don't see too many people, particularly in the Party of Trump putting country first.  And part of what they thrive on is creating a negative image of their opponents, which often manifests as "sore losers" and "TDS."  "They're trying to undo an election" sounds way more scandalous than "they have nothing on him."

I am sure opinions on Clinton's impeachment ran very much down party lines (though I was for it).  But I don't remember anyone being accused of trying to undo the election.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • I have a serious question/comment to make. Does anyone else find it disturbing that Nancy P is doing press rounds like she won something? Why is she on Colbert? This is not a show. This is a very important time in most of our lifetimes and she is grandstanding like she won the Miss America contest. 

Nancy, if you don’t want the Fox News and others of the world blasting this is a partisan issue then get the fuck off tv and do what’s right. Laws have been and are being broken. Focus on that. This is not a time for political grandstanding. Thank you

signed, 
    America and the World
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    I have a serious question/comment to make. Does anyone else find it disturbing that Nancy P is doing press rounds like she won something? Why is she on Colbert? This is not a show. This is a very important time in most of our lifetimes and she is grandstanding like she won the Miss America contest. 

Nancy, if you don’t want the Fox News and others of the world blasting this is a partisan issue then get the fuck off tv and do what’s right. Laws have been and are being broken. Focus on that. This is not a time for political grandstanding. Thank you

signed, 
    America and the World
    Grandstanding would be putting an effort to put herself on a pedestal. I watched her Colbert performance and she read to me as concerned, cautious, apprehensive, balanced, and genuine. She hardly spoke about herself, and wanted to focus on the situation and the danger to the democracy. 

Given how people have allegiance to news networks but not to comedians, given how the President is actively pursuing discrediting mainstream media, given the pathetically low attention span we collectively have, and given the critical nature of disseminating this news to the public, I fully support Pelosi's decision to broadcast her message any avenues she can find.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Kat said:
    George Takei is a treasure. Oh my! Indeed 

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Kat said:
    George Takei is a treasure. Oh my! Indeed 

:plus_one: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    I have a serious question/comment to make. Does anyone else find it disturbing that Nancy P is doing press rounds like she won something? Why is she on Colbert? This is not a show. This is a very important time in most of our lifetimes and she is grandstanding like she won the Miss America contest. 

signed, 
    America and the World
    It's awesome that you get to speak for not only America, but the world too.  Can I opt out of your letter, or is there not an "unsubscribe" button.

It's absolutely critical that the politicians go out and make the case directly to the American people.  It's not just relying on the media.  She's doing what she should be doing, in my opinion.  I trust Nancy.  
  • mrussel1 said:

signed, 
    America and the World
    It's awesome that you get to speak for not only America, but the world too.  Can I opt out of your letter, or is there not an "unsubscribe" button.

It's absolutely critical that the politicians go out and make the case directly to the American people.  It's not just relying on the media.  She's doing what she should be doing, in my opinion.  I trust Nancy.  
    Furthermore, when Colbert requested that she hold the hearings at a time that would allow his show to make the best use of their material, meeting a 2:30 p.m. cut off, she laughed but then very seriously explained that the hearings would be held when it was most efficient and effective to do so so that the work of the people and that which the Constitution demands would take place in all seriousness. Nancy ain't fucking around.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

signed, 
    America and the World
    consider it a way to make an explaonation directly to a particular demographic.

your criticism , based on appearances alone or content of those appearances?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Colbert is just as close to being a journalist as the personalities on Fox News.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Colbert is just as close to being a journalist as the personalities on Fox News.
    Only difference is he doesn't claim to be a journalist.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • I think there are better avenues to spread the word besides an already left leaning comedy show that panders to actors and actresses promoting their newest film. It just seems like the wrong show to say something serious. What’s SNL next. That’s how I feel. That’s the problem I have. Meet the Press, a press conference, something besides what she did. This is not a show. This is not a joke. But I will admit when I am wrong. If no one else has a problem with this, then I retract my prior statement. 

I am 99% behind this impeachment given that it’s done right and the ball doesn’t get dropped. The 1% in me just feels like this ignites the Trump base and makes the propaganda and misleading information more problematic. But I do trust Nancy and crew and hope all comes out to impeach, remove and maybe arrest this criminal and his cronies. The pessimist in me just has zero faith in the whole system. I hope to the god I don’t believe in that I am wrong. 

Last thing, the joke of signing for America and the world was to get rid of the Trump administration. I speak for no one but myself and I do that poorly most of the time. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mrussel1 said:

signed, 
    America and the World

Furthermore, when Colbert requested that she hold the hearings at a time that would allow his show to make the best use of their material, meeting a 2:30 p.m. cut off, she laughed but then very seriously explained that the hearings would be held when it was most efficient and effective to do so so that the work of the people and that which the Constitution demands would take place in all seriousness. Nancy ain't fucking around.
    She hint at all of prime time hearings by any chance?

Get as many eyes on those hearing as possible, as far as I am concerned. 
    www.myspace.com
    I think there are better avenues to spread the word besides an already left leaning comedy show that panders to actors and actresses promoting their newest film. It just seems like the wrong show to say something serious. What’s SNL next. That’s how I feel. That’s the problem I have. Meet the Press, a press conference, something besides what she did. This is not a show. This is not a joke. But I will admit when I am wrong. If no one else has a problem with this, then I retract my prior statement. 

I am 99% behind this impeachment given that it’s done right and the ball doesn’t get dropped. The 1% in me just feels like this ignites the Trump base and makes the propaganda and misleading information more problematic. But I do trust Nancy and crew and hope all comes out to impeach, remove and maybe arrest this criminal and his cronies. The pessimist in me just has zero faith in the whole system. I hope to the god I don’t believe in that I am wrong. 

Last thing, the joke of signing for America and the world was to get rid of the Trump administration. I speak for no one but myself and I do that poorly most of the time. 
    You shouldn't retract your prior statement if it's the way you feel! Power to you for having an opinion and a rationale behind why you feel it's inappropriate. I can appreciate where you're coming from.

On backing the impeachment or not, this has long been the debate: if the Senate won't remove, then why impeach? My current stance is that both sides of the aisle tend to weaponize the others' words and actions, regardless of the validity or honour of said decisions - so with hefty piles of public evidence, it seems to be one of those rare moments where the best political decision also is the most moral one. Therefore I'm all for it.

EV
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Colbert has as many politicians as he can possibly get on his show, and most of them do it. That includes the President (not Trump anymore obviously, lol). His show seems to be an accepted platform for politicians to share their messages and opinions, and they do just that every time they appear on Colbert. What's the problem?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    PJ_Soul said:
    Colbert has as many politicians as he can possibly get on his show, and most of them do it. That includes the President (not Trump anymore obviously, lol). His show seems to be an accepted platform for politicians to share their messages and opinions, and they do just that every time they appear on Colbert. What's the problem?
    I don't think it is a problem. I just know that folks on the right have a disdain for these late night shows these days because they all lean left so that's probably feeding into his initial post.

But yeah....they have to try and reach as many people as possible in as many ways as possible. Kind of preaching to the choir with Colbert but who cares? It will make news and people will see clips of it. And it will get more attention than a press conference or MTP appearance.

I also think they need to start bombarding the airwaves with ads. They should've started those weeks ago. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited November 2019
    I can't stand Colbert's show. I liked the Colbert Report (that was actually good satire of conservatives) and was happy to see him named as Letterman's replacement. But Jesus Christ, every night is just a recap of The Day In Trump. I know there's a lot of people obsessed with hating Trump (especially on this board), but don't ya want a break sometimes? Or at least some comedy to it? People give Jimmy Fallon a hard time but at least his Trump impression is goofy and meant to get laughs. Colbert often stands there reading Trump's tweets in an hacky impression voice (or at least he did that a lot when I was still watching). 

I'm a Lights Out with David Spade guy myself these days when it comes to late night talk shows. No political agenda. No preaching. Just back to basics: making fun of celebrities and viral videos. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think it is a problem. I just know that folks on the right have a disdain for these late night shows these days because they all lean left so that's probably feeding into his initial post.

But yeah....they have to try and reach as many people as possible in as many ways as possible. Kind of preaching to the choir with Colbert but who cares? It will make news and people will see clips of it. And it will get more attention than a press conference or MTP appearance.

I also think they need to start bombarding the airwaves with ads. They should've started those weeks ago. 
    by what percentage do you believe those on the right are open minded enough to actually listen to the argument?

• I can't stand Colbert's show. I liked the Colbert Report (that was actually good satire of conservatives) and was happy to see him named as Letterman's replacement. But Jesus Christ, every night is just a recap of The Day In Trump. I know there's a lot of people obsessed with hating Trump (especially on this board), but don't ya want a break sometimes? Or at least some comedy to it? People give Jimmy Fallon a hard time but at least his Trump impression is goofy and meant to get laughs. Colbert often stands there reading Trump's tweets in an hacky impression voice (or at least he did that a lot when I was still watching). 

I'm a Lights Out with David Spade guy myself these days when it comes to late night talk shows. No political agenda. No preaching. Just back to basics: making fun of celebrities and viral videos. 
    I find Colbert funny in his opening monologue and as Nancy stated last night, one of the main differences between the previous two impeachment processes and this one is Faux News and the internet constantly spewing forth lies and disinformation. I view Steve as adding truth/facts and humour to the mix. That said, I wish repubs would stop whining about how Hollywood, the internet search engines and late night comedy all have such a huge left slant. Well, start your own damn Faceturd, Google, Apple, movie studio, television programming and get late night comedy hosts. And maybe stop being such neanderthals with your social views and "funny" people might work for you. Anybody remember Larry the Cable Guy? Why don't repubs/cons have their own comedians or late night tv shows? Maybe because they suck? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1 said:

signed, 
    America and the World

She hint at all of prime time hearings by any chance?

Get as many eyes on those hearing as possible, as far as I am concerned. 
    I believe she did in the context of we want as many people as possible to be able to tune in and see for themselves, to weigh the allegations and evidence and come to their own conclusions, or words to that effect. Personally, I see Nancy playing this very smart with which transcripts and depositions are released first and the order of hearings and the witnesses called. Further, I think she's got some aces up her sleeve with allegations we have yet to hear or be privy too. She was coy when asked about whether there could be additional articles. She'll also slowly erode all the reasons for the opposition and make the repubs defend Team Trump Treason on the indefensible merits. Its going to be great television, particularly after news reporters have already made some repubs look utterly silly with their false claims and accusations. Whether it sinks in for a majority of Americans remains to be seen.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

by what percentage do you believe those on the right are open minded enough to actually listen to the argument?
    The “right” is not the target audience. More so blue dog dems and indies and maybe, just maybe, a few Romney/bush/McCain repubs. I’m willing to bet Team Trump Treason has lost support amongst the military and intelligence community voters. Statewide races can be a bitch sometimes, even in red states.

Brilliantati©
  • I can't stand Colbert's show. I liked the Colbert Report (that was actually good satire of conservatives) and was happy to see him named as Letterman's replacement. But Jesus Christ, every night is just a recap of The Day In Trump. I know there's a lot of people obsessed with hating Trump (especially on this board), but don't ya want a break sometimes? Or at least some comedy to it? People give Jimmy Fallon a hard time but at least his Trump impression is goofy and meant to get laughs. Colbert often stands there reading Trump's tweets in an hacky impression voice (or at least he did that a lot when I was still watching). 

I find Colbert funny in his opening monologue and as Nancy stated last night, one of the main differences between the previous two impeachment processes and this one is Faux News and the internet constantly spewing forth lies and disinformation. I view Steve as adding truth/facts and humour to the mix. That said, I wish repubs would stop whining about how Hollywood, the internet search engines and late night comedy all have such a huge left slant. Well, start your own damn Faceturd, Google, Apple, movie studio, television programming and get late night comedy hosts. And maybe stop being such neanderthals with your social views and "funny" people might work for you. Anybody remember Larry the Cable Guy? Why don't repubs/cons have their own comedians or late night tv shows? Maybe because they suck? 
    I agree with a lot of this. Regarding the sentence I bolded, I've said the same thing. Yeah, all that stuff has a huge left-leaning bias. But, these guys that invented Facebook, Twitter, etc. own that shit and should be able to do with it what they want. Isn't that why Goldwater and the Republicans were against the Civil Rights Act in the 60's? They said that the owner of a business should have the choice to do business with whoever they wanted. So if a business owner didn't want to allow a black person in, they should be able to deny that person. Well under that premise, Twitter should be able to censor or remove anybody they want. It's their business. I'm not saying they should do that. But they could.

As far as really funny Republicans go, the only two I can think of are Trey Parker and Matt Stone from South Park. But they do what whatever they want. They're not cheerleaders for the Republican Party or anything like that. In fact, a lot of people didn't even know they were Republicans. I figured they were based on Trey directing a Dennis Prager short-film in the 90's, and Cartman's hatred of hippies. But "People For The American Way." a liberal advocacy group, didn't know and gave them a "Freedom" award last year...causing Trey to "come out" as a Republican as he accepted the award: http://en.protothema.gr/south-parks-trey-parker-matt-stone-come-out-as-republicans-to-a-room-full-of-hollywood-elites/

But those two guys notwithstanding, yeah, there's not much going on in the conservative comedy scene. Or the conservative tech scene for that matter. Or while we're at it, the conservative film scene. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

I agree with a lot of this. Regarding the sentence I bolded, I've said the same thing. Yeah, all that stuff has a huge left-leaning bias. But, these guys that invented Facebook, Twitter, etc. own that shit and should be able to do with it what they want. Isn't that why Goldwater and the Republicans were against the Civil Rights Act in the 60's? They said that the owner of a business should have the choice to do business with whoever they wanted. So if a business owner didn't want to allow a black person in, they should be able to deny that person. Well under that premise, Twitter should be able to censor or remove anybody they want. It's their business. I'm not saying they should do that. But they could.

As far as really funny Republicans go, the only two I can think of are Trey Parker and Matt Stone from South Park. But they do what whatever they want. They're not cheerleaders for the Republican Party or anything like that. In fact, a lot of people didn't even know they were Republicans. I figured they were based on Trey directing a Dennis Prager short-film in the 90's, and Cartman's hatred of hippies. But "People For The American Way." a liberal advocacy group, didn't know and gave them a "Freedom" award last year...causing Trey to "come out" as a Republican as he accepted the award: http://en.protothema.gr/south-parks-trey-parker-matt-stone-come-out-as-republicans-to-a-room-full-of-hollywood-elites/

But those two guys notwithstanding, yeah, there's not much going on in the conservative comedy scene. Or the conservative tech scene for that matter. Or while we're at it, the conservative film scene. 
    Don't forget not baking cakes or providing flowers for gay people who want to marry. It also seems that conservative humour is predicated on nothing more than mockery and bullying, no intellectualism as that would require knowledge, context and intelligence. If conservative humour exists, would someone please point me to it?

Brilliantati©
    I can't stand Colbert's show. I liked the Colbert Report (that was actually good satire of conservatives) and was happy to see him named as Letterman's replacement. But Jesus Christ, every night is just a recap of The Day In Trump. I know there's a lot of people obsessed with hating Trump (especially on this board), but don't ya want a break sometimes? Or at least some comedy to it? People give Jimmy Fallon a hard time but at least his Trump impression is goofy and meant to get laughs. Colbert often stands there reading Trump's tweets in an hacky impression voice (or at least he did that a lot when I was still watching). 

Don't forget not baking cakes or providing flowers for gay people who want to marry. It also seems that conservative humour is predicated on nothing more than mockery and bullying, no intellectualism as that would require knowledge, context and intelligence. If conservative humour exists, would someone please point me to it?
    I think Fox News did a show to compete (if you will) with the Daily Show and the review I saw said most of it was just playing on the standard themes over and over: They want your tax dollars, government interference, free stuff, etc.

In fairness, being a funny right-wing show is probably difficult.  Colbert, Stewart, et al, were very good at weaving humor into BS and injustice.  But it's hard to make jokes about the "injustice" of marriage rights for gay people, health care for the poor, etc.  How do you make a joke that resonates with the anger your viewers have that a lazy poor person got tumor removed despite not having a job that pays for health care?

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

I agree with a lot of this. Regarding the sentence I bolded, I've said the same thing. Yeah, all that stuff has a huge left-leaning bias.

• mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Ok. here's something I don't understand. When they talk about Dems trying to undo the election of 2016, is Pence invisible or something? If soul-eater is removed, Pence takes his place and the GOP is still the party in power. That's how the Constitution works, right? Maybe they don't like him but it doesn't turn the WH over to the other party. Why are they using that goofy argument? Why do I even ask lol. 

It's frustrating.  I wish a commentator would say "what about the election of 2018?"....the people elected the Dems to control the House and they are doing their job.
    I hate the argument too.  It's so stupid.  We're three years away from 2016, closer to 2020.  Pretty soon the argument will be "let the voters decide!".  So basically you can never impeach because we're too close to one of the two elections.  Although, there may be one day right in year two where it's acceptable.  But probably not.  
    In very simple terms, terms even deplorables can understand, it’s about law and order. Simple as that.

Brilliantati©
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

For those too lazy, it explains a lot.

Brilliantati©
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    mickeyrat said:
    Barr is perhaps the most corrupt of them all.

And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that “it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services

This discussion has been closed.