Time change. Again.

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Changing the clocks is just non-sense anymore.
    Truth!

It's so dumb now.  Please make it stop!!!
    Don’t you want it to stay light out later in the Summer?
    I want it to be light out in December at 430 PM.  The way it is right now is fine.  No more "fall back".
    Same here. Yes, it's nice when there is still light at 5:00 in the evening. But I have no interest it in being light out at fucking 8 or 9 or 10pm. I hate that. I am a night person, and I am always really happy when the long days get shorter again. Plus, longer days = hotter days for longer. And to me, anything over about 20C is my idea of a living hell. Uuuggghhhhhh, summer is coming. It's the most horrible time of the year.

9 or 10?

Sunset in middle of the summer is like 8:30pm...

I don't know where you live, but when the days are longest where I am are well after 9pm, and it stays light long after that. Remember, the farther north you go the longer the days are in the summer.

East coast. Maybe you should move?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Truth!

I want it to be light out in December at 430 PM.  The way it is right now is fine.  No more "fall back".
    Same here. Yes, it's nice when there is still light at 5:00 in the evening. But I have no interest it in being light out at fucking 8 or 9 or 10pm. I hate that. I am a night person, and I am always really happy when the long days get shorter again. Plus, longer days = hotter days for longer. And to me, anything over about 20C is my idea of a living hell. Uuuggghhhhhh, summer is coming. It's the most horrible time of the year.

9 or 10?

I don't know where you live, but when the days are longest where I am are well after 9pm, and it stays light long after that. Remember, the farther north you go the longer the days are in the summer.

:lol: I don't think this is about longitude!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    :rofl:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Truth!

9 or 10?

Ha....Philadelphia. Move to Philadelphia.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Truth!

9 or 10?

I actually had to check a map to see exactly how much further south Philly is than Vancouver.... Wow. A lot further south than I thought actually. You're well into California south shit there, haha. Of course, the problem with further south is that it's even hotter, longer days or no longer days, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think it's dumb for some places in the same country to not do it while others do. Everyone just needs to stick to the same plan. I don't really care if we do it or not, but it's got to be all or nothing. These little pockets that seem to drop it just out of spite really complicate things.
    The reason part of Indiana didn't is because it splits two time zones, so they opted out to keep the entire state on the same time.  A bunch of counties in the western part of the state were moved from central to eastern time zone a few years back and when that occurred, the whole state opted in.

Same with Florida. Since it spans two time zones, they can opt in or out.  Why they'd want to opt in year round is beyond me. It's location pretty much guarantees uniform sunrises and sunsets year round already.  Hawai'i opts out for that exact reason.

As for Arizona, I think they just don't want the sun to still be out and have it be 100 degrees at 10pm.
    It was 90' at midnight so it doesn't matter there in AZ...
    Ain't that the fucking truth. 
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Truth!

9 or 10?

I actually had to check a map to see exactly how much further south Philly is than Vancouver.... Wow. A lot further south than I thought actually. You're well into California south shit there, haha. Of course, the problem with further south is that it's even hotter, longer days or no longer days, lol.

I mean, it gets hot for a month or two but nothing unbearable for a long stretch. Cali gets a lot hotter than it does around here. We probably average in the upper 80's in July. You should move here!

edit---just checked Vancouver weather. Didn't realize it stayed that cool in the summer there. Wow

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2018
    brianlux said:
    Extra hour of sleep last night. Feeling refreshed!
    How did you do that?  I'm impressed!  I got one hour less sleep.

When I got up this morning my wife (who is always up before I am) said, "Somebody stole an hour from my iPhone last night."  :lol:
    What do you mean? I set my clocks back an hour like everyone else. 
    Ah ha!  A true rebel.  I like it!  Everyone else springs forward, The Juggler says, "Screw that, I'm setting my clock back an hour." 

Now that is cool! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

PJ_Soul said:
      I hate springing forward.

You fall back in the Spring and spring forward in the Fall. It's easy to remember.
    Easy for you young un's! Me?  I'm confused! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    For ward

All in favor raise your hand
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Extra hour of sleep last night. Feeling refreshed!
    How did you do that?  I'm impressed!  I got one hour less sleep.

When I got up this morning my wife (who is always up before I am) said, "Somebody stole an hour from my iPhone last night."  :lol:
    What do you mean? I set my clocks back an hour like everyone else. 
    Ah ha!  A true rebel.  I like it!  Everyone else springs forward, The Juggler says, "Screw that, I'm setting my clock back an hour." 

Now that is cool! :smiley:
    What?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    clocks go back tomorrow night!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    clocks get set back tomorrow night!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited November 2018
    Yaaaaay!!!!!! I love it when this happens. I can't believe what a difference it makes for me, as an insomniac.
    And then as good as this is for me, that's how bad it is in the spring, lol.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I vote that we should set the clocks back 1 hour every Saturday night. I don’t care if that means it’s daylight at 2 AM and pitch dark at noon sometimes. The extra hour would be so worth it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It’s time to end this ridiculous practice...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yaaaaay!!!!!! I love it when this happens. I can't believe what a difference it makes for me, as an insomniac.
    And then as good as this is for me, that's how bad it is in the spring, lol.
    You just reminded me that I haven't checked out the insomnia thread lately. I'll go check in about 4 hours.  :)
    Spring ahead tonight, folks. Love when it stays light later---hate losing the hour of sleep though. Such is the cycle of life!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Spring ahead tonight, folks. Love when it stays light later---hate losing the hour of sleep though. Such is the cycle of life!
    It’s fall behind tonight.
    You get an extra hour of sleep.
    What?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • It’s time to end this ridiculous practice...
    Agreed. I hate going to work in the dark then coming home in it too...
    Regarding this screwing around with the clock thing, I'm all for compromise.  Set it half way between daylight savings time and daylight losing time, and leave it there.  Why must we insist on jerking our sleeping habits around twice a year?  Humans come up with the most ridiculous stupid nonsense sometimes!

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

It's winter. That's gonna happen anyway ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    What?
    :lol: You are so dry,

Here is a good representation of what daylight saving should do, actually does and what would happen if we ended it or extended it year round.  Also what it does to our bodies and the states that are/are trying to opt out or extend. Rubio has 2 bills in Congress, which means nothing will happen on a national level but the time zones could get real screwy.

The maps of sunrise/sunset nationwide are interesting IMO..

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/11/1/18048320/daylight-saving-time-2018-ends-falling-back

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don’t have to get up on Sunday for anything. I never lose or gain sleep. 
  • It’s time to end this ridiculous practice...

It could get dark at 530 rather than 430.  I'd be happy w that.  That one hour makes a difference.
    brianlux said:
    Regarding this screwing around with the clock thing, I'm all for compromise.  Set it half way between daylight savings time and daylight losing time, and leave it there.  Why must we insist on jerking our sleeping habits around twice a year?  Humans come up with the most ridiculous stupid nonsense sometimes!
    I said that very same thing.  Saskatchewan does not adjust their time.  Must be some level-headed folks in Saskatchewan.
    Give Peas A Chance…

It could get dark at 530 rather than 430.  I'd be happy w that.  That one hour makes a difference.
    I can deal with the darkness in the morning but the ridiculous hour it begins to get dark changes moods and behavior. 
    Everyone should just ignore the fucking government on this one and just go about our business...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:
    I said that very same thing.  Saskatchewan does not adjust their time.  Must be some level-headed folks in Saskatchewan.
    Pretty much everything in Saskatchewan is level. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf