The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    Obama could have had his AG remove marijuana from its Schedule 1 classification. He didn't need congress. But he didn't care enough about the issue, and I consider that one of his failings. Granted, many great accomplishments, but this wasn't a bright spot for me. We had an opportunity, with a president from a newer generation who admitted to smoking weed, during a time where states were legalizing medical use, and beginning to legalize recreational use, and there was public support for legalization. He screwed up a great opportunity. Now we have a 5' 3", slow-talking, anti-weed hillbilly as the AG and a slow-thinking clown as President and a congress led by morons. So federal declassification of weed will have to wait until we enter a more enlightened period.
    Yes, if it was as easy as you make it sound, then that was a mistake. I have trouble believing it would have been that easy though... so what, he could have got his AG to just sign something, and done?? If so, then yeah, wtf? Surely there was something relevant stopping that from happening.
    Yup. The most direct way would be for Congress to do it, which is what Obama suggested should happen. But there is also an administrative way for the executive branch to do so as well.

How to reschedule marijuana, and why it’s unlikely anytime soon

and apparently the HHS Secretary can unilaterally do it, which I didn't know:

Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act

I guess Obama wanted to do it "democratically" (haha) or not at all?
    which is funny, since he was constantly mocked by the right as being th executive order president. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If Obama at any point received money from the pharmaceutical lobby, then any pro-cannabis talk was just paying lip service to those in the base that are pro-legalization.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • i remember my first trip to amsterdam in the early 1980's and having that feeling of being free(unparanoid). it was unlike anything i had ever experienced as a pot smoking teenager turned young adult. it should have never been illegal in the first place. i went back many times to that great country to get that feeling. 
    now canada has made cannabis legal and that WORLD DIAL can never be turned back. its a massive wave forward for the world so congrats to canada for that !! i hope the wave continues because all drugs should be legal. imo
    i remember my first trip to amsterdam in the early 1980's and having that feeling of being free(unparanoid). it was unlike anything i had ever experienced as a pot smoking teenager turned young adult. it should have never been illegal in the first place. i went back many times to that great country to get that feeling. 
    now canada has made cannabis legal and that WORLD DIAL can never be turned back. its a massive wave forward for the world so congrats to canada for that !! i hope the wave continues because all drugs should be legal. imo
    All drugs should not be legal.  You think heroin should be legal? meth? people that partake in those drugs cause society to many problems.

Cannabis legal no problem!  I draw the line at those disgusting needle users who get so stoned they leave their dirty needles in the playground and schoolyards...no sympathy for those disgusting fuckers.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • heroin/meth/coke etc addiction is a mental health crisis and a disease
    those people need to be treated and arresting them as criminals does NOTHING. absolutely nothing! we are not winning any drug war ever.
    ...but carry on in your in own mind if you think you are right.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    i remember my first trip to amsterdam in the early 1980's and having that feeling of being free(unparanoid). it was unlike anything i had ever experienced as a pot smoking teenager turned young adult. it should have never been illegal in the first place. i went back many times to that great country to get that feeling. 
    All drugs should not be legal.  You think heroin should be legal? meth? people that partake in those drugs cause society to many problems.

Cannabis legal no problem!  I draw the line at those disgusting needle users who get so stoned they leave their dirty needles in the playground and schoolyards...no sympathy for those disgusting fuckers.
    You voted for a drug dealer (Ford) so spare us the indignation.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

yes all drugs should be legal, I am surprised that you (the person who wants the government to stay out of people lives) has a problem with what people want to do to their own body.  as for needles in the playgrounds and schoolyards, one of the big issues is that substance users have been harassed by people and police so much that they have to hide.  if we made all "drugs" legal and provided a safe place where people can inject  then there would be less used needles on the streets. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Canada Rocks.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Yes indeed, legalization would go a really long way in solving the issues you're complaining about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Legalization or decriminalization with the correct framework of health and social supports would go a long way toward improving most of the negative outcomes we currently get with drug use, including the effects on society at large. That’s been proven elsewhere. However, you really need to put in the money and the work, or things could indeed get worse. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • thanks people...i knew i wasn't the only one  ;)
    it baffles my mind the way some people think about hardcore drugs.
    it's sad and imo "they" are a definite part the reason behind the continued madness and why we have not moved forward on this  :(
    heroin is not going away with more prohibition ! imagine if we could do like canada just did with cannabis and cut away all of the profits/wars/killings etc etc that the criminals are making and getting away with? what a different world we would have!!
    anyways this thread is about cannabis and canada just got it right. yes it will be a struggle sometimes, like what colorado is going through, but we have moved forward as a planet !! long live common sense!!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If heroin was legal, I wouldn't do it, would you?
    thanks people...i knew i wasn't the only one  ;)
    it baffles my mind the way some people think about hardcore drugs.
    it's sad and imo "they" are a definite part the reason behind the continued madness and why we have not moved forward on this  :(
    heroin is not going away with more prohibition ! imagine if we could do like canada just did with cannabis and cut away all of the profits/wars/killings etc etc that the criminals are making and getting away with? what a different world we would have!!
    anyways this thread is about cannabis and canada just got it right. yes it will be a struggle sometimes, like what colorado is going through, but we have moved forward as a planet !! long live common sense!!
    Heroin is a public health risk to those that don’t use it ... because the losers who use it haven’t got 2 brain cells to rub together and use dirty needles and leave their dirty needles where people can unknowingly be picked ...  

Any person who injects heroin into their veins is brain dead...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Canadian Stock tip:  Invest in maple syrup, mayo, and ketchup flavored potato chips
    Jason P said:
    Canadian Stock tip:  Invest in maple syrup, mayo, and ketchup flavored potato chips
    Don’t need to invest in maple syrup - it’s a public utility. 
    I heard a soundbite of some canadian waiting for the pot shop to open up like they were about to put a man on the moon.  He said 'someday I will tell my kids about this and that I was there ... this is history' (not verbatim).  More likely his future ex-wife will be telling the court about that comment someday when fighting over custody of said kids.  
    edited October 2018
    This legalization is going to be bad business for Ricky, Bubbles and Julian.  Do they move on to meth?
    Canadian Parliament prior to 10/17 ...

Canadian Parliament post 10/17 ...

Jason P said:
    Canadian Parliament prior to 10/17 ...

Canadian Parliament post 10/17 ...

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Congratulations, Canada!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Wise move. And I'm with the person who said if heroin was legal would I do it....
    NO I wouldn't. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I received my first legal weed in the mail this morning. 

Not for the first time, I am glad I am not South Korean. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    i'm honing my skills for when i move out to Oregon in two to three yrs from now , been doing lot's of cooking baking , growing this yr i cultivated one plant that is incredible tasting weed with a high to match ....  
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    dignin said:

How is it? I'm curious about the potency of it when compared to the stated THC ranges. Since I've never had labelled weed before, I really am not sure what levels I want to aim for. I do want potent weed, so I assume the high end would be good, but WTF does 0 - 25% THC mean, for example?? Does that mean I might get shake or I might get really strong weed or what??
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

How is it? I'm curious about the potency of it when compared to the stated THC ranges. Since I've never had labelled weed before, I really am not sure what levels I want to aim for. I do want potent weed, so I assume the high end would be good, but WTF does 0 - 25% THC mean, for example?? Does that mean I might get shake or I might get really strong weed or what??
    0-25, that doesn't make much sense ... who'd buy it? 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

0-25, that doesn't make much sense ... who'd buy it? 
    I guess all the positive thinkers? :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I'm not the guy to ask, I'm not an experienced smoker. My brother in-law who is a regular user said it was good, and it did the trick for everyone at the party. 

Where do you get the 0 to 25% numbers from?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

I'm not the guy to ask, I'm not an experienced smoker. My brother in-law who is a regular user said it was good, and it did the trick for everyone at the party. 

Where do you get the 0 to 25% numbers from?
    Wish I could see the label or image. I just see a gray screen with a line through it. But I don't understand how there would be a range. The flower either has a certain level of THC or it doesn't. I've never seen a range on any label in my state. Just an actual percentage. BTW, those percentages may or may not be helpful. Certainly the higher the percentage THC the more THC you'll be ingesting, but I've had "meh" experiences with higher THC labeled weed, and been couch-locked with some lower THC labeled weed. I think the strains make a difference, the type - indica vs sativa vs hybrid, makes more of a difference. The % is a decent indicator, but I can say from experience that it isn't like alcohol, where you know that ABV is an absolute value that will affect you in predicable ways, ie a 12% glass of wine is a nice, mellow, slow-ramping experience, and a shot of Bacardi 151 (75.5%) will hit you harder and faster. So I take THC % on labels with a grain of salt. I'm not looking for low % beginner weed, but a 27% THC weed isn't going to typically be demonstratively more potent than a 23% THC package. Part of the complex issue is how you ingest it. The way it is smoked, cooked, turned into concentrate, etc.., the amount of decarboxylation can vary. Too much heat and you kill the THC. Too little heat and you don't activate enough of the THC. Even with combustion and complete decarboxylation you only absorb ~40% of the max THC that was present in the weed. So again, take the % as simply an indicator, but don't make it your primary driver in the decision you make.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08