Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    wow, awesome. i didn't know that this was even coming. i thought edibles were too unpredictable with dosage to be for sale to the public. but i admittedly don't know much aboot it. 
    No, I think the commercial products are pretty exact with dosage in the unit that they are selling; the issue is more how the consumer takes them, and understanding the timeline of effect. 

A major issue is going to be packaging that doesn’t look like it’s marketing to kids, of course. 

everyone I know who makes cookies at home tells me it's impossible to know which cookie has which amount, so that's where my assumption came from. obviously, now that I think about it, you can control this in a controlled setting. 

I've only had edilbes twice, just this past summer, so this is all new to me. 

Home baking, sure, that would be true. A commercial/pharmaceutical grade facility can and needs to do this.
    I'm excited for it!
    I tried edibles last summer, I'm still on the fence.  Mine I suspect was cooked up in someone's kitchen.  I am going to order from that link.
    I had cookies on two occasions from two different sources. both times: LOVED IT
    See I didn't come away with that feeling.  My cousin who is a hardcore supporter of Cannabis and was involved in pro-legalization groups, told me that I may not be consuming enough.  I'm a 210-pound guy.  Would weight have anything to do with that?  I do prefer the quick high from smoking or vaping, especially before bedtime.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Apologies to our Canadian friends for US morality warriors. Prohibitionists are idiots. We welcome you to come to any of our 11 recreational weed friendly states if you can get across the border. 

CANADA WARNS CITIZENS TO USE CASH TO PURCHASE LEGAL WEED SO THEY DON’T GET DENIED ENTRY TO THE U.S.

I think one of the most troubling things about this is it seems to be common knowledge that US border security can easily obtain my credit card records? what the fuck?
    I think Harper allowed that.  I read that he allowed the US access to criminal records of people who have been pardoned.  Just crazy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    jeffbr said:
    Apologies to our Canadian friends for US morality warriors. Prohibitionists are idiots. We welcome you to come to any of our 11 recreational weed friendly states if you can get across the border. 

CANADA WARNS CITIZENS TO USE CASH TO PURCHASE LEGAL WEED SO THEY DON’T GET DENIED ENTRY TO THE U.S.

I think one of the most troubling things about this is it seems to be common knowledge that US border security can easily obtain my credit card records? what the fuck?
    I think Harper allowed that.  I read that he allowed the US access to criminal records of people who have been pardoned.  Just crazy.
    that's a pretty massive privacy breach in my opinion. surprised I hadn't heard about it until now. 

the whole purpose of a pardon so you don't have to deal with that bullshit. if that's true, what an asshole. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:

that's a pretty massive privacy breach in my opinion. surprised I hadn't heard about it until now. 

the whole purpose of a pardon so you don't have to deal with that bullshit. if that's true, what an asshole. 
    I never verified it.  Because that seemed like a Harper move.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Why are you guys so dependent on how the government wants you to consume or buy from them it’s pathetic, you guys are that incapable of planting a seed and learning how to cultivate it man it’s so easy and so much better enjoy your government weed , not for me ever ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Why are you guys so dependent on how the government wants you to consume or buy from them it’s pathetic, you guys are that incapable of planting a seed and learning how to cultivate it man it’s so easy and so much better enjoy your government weed , not for me ever ...
    Wow, this is really harsh, why do you care how others are getting it, and why does it make you mad?

And FWIW; I am not allowed to grow in my apartment building.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow, this is really harsh, why do you care how others are getting it, and why does it make you mad?

Ok I can understand and agree you know me by now I stick my foot in my mouth a lot , I should of said if you can grow your own it’s the way to go I stand corrected ...
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Ive never grown and it seems like an intimidating and expensive endeavor once undertaken. Its not as simple as just sowing some seeds in the ground. One must consider utilities, equipment, nutrients, space ect. ect. Im sure with hands on knowledge and lots of practice you can become much more effecient over time. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Growing your own is not all that convenient sometimes.  My cousin grows his own, but only outside.  He will not risk growing indoors because of the potential for mould, and of course for re-sell (house) purposes is not always a good idea.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I smoked alot of moldy weed and alot of weed with spider webs, lol. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    I smoked alot of moldy weed and alot of weed with spider webs, lol. 
    I'm sure we all have.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Nah it’s very simple outdoors , I don’t grow indoors..
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    So, where is it that you live again, Jose?

The answer to that helps explain a lot :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

You’d be surprised it’s not a legal state , I grow one plant per summer season in a 5 gallon bucket as long as you feed it good nutrients and ph controlled water and off course at least 5 plus hrs of sun .
    the results are great ..
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

You’d be surprised it’s not a legal state , I grow one plant per summer season in a 5 gallon bucket as long as you feed it good nutrients and ph controlled water and off course at least 5 plus hrs of sun .
    the results are great ..
    I wasn’t referring to the legality of growing in your state, actuallly. I was referring to the weather. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

the results are great ..
    Does that supply you for the Year?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

the results are great ..
    Once harvested it last till 5 months but once you do it two yrs in a row it does , since I have back stock from last yr I can jar it and store it safely to be used at later on the yr but but the part you have to do is curing it if done right it will last longer ..
  • Options

the results are great ..
    Once harvested it last till 5 months but once you do it two yrs in a row it does , since I have back stock from last yr I can jar it and store it safely to be used at later on the yr but but the part you have to do is curing it if done right it will last longer ..
    I am definitely going to grow some.  We are allowed 4 plants.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I prefer buckets or wooden plant pots , make sure you have a couple of holes at the bottom of containers place some rocks in the bottom of them fill with good growing soil..
    1-Good seeds 
    2- good soil manure mix 
    3-must have a PH kit for water
    4-get some good feeding nutrients to feed , for vegetive stage & flowering stage 
    5-sun at least 5 hrs a day 
    6-must know when it’s the correct time to harvest I suggest reading up on this step it can either make or ruin your harvest .
    7-proper drying of plants 
    8-curing in mason jars is a must , also suggest reading up on this process..
    You learn with each season of growing, this past summer was my 4th season with each getting better & better ..
    The harvest from this yr is the most potent I’ve grown I mean really potent bud ..
    good luck 4 plants is a lot to manage but go for it it’s so cool to smoke your harvest and everything else that comes with it , if you ever need any tips hit me up on message ..
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pro-Mix soilless growing medium has been a heavyweight champion for years now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I prefer buckets or wooden plant pots , make sure you have a couple of holes at the bottom of containers place some rocks in the bottom of them fill with good growing soil..
    1-Good seeds 
    2- good soil manure mix 
    3-must have a PH kit for water
    4-get some good feeding nutrients to feed , for vegetive stage & flowering stage 
    5-sun at least 5 hrs a day 
    6-must know when it’s the correct time to harvest I suggest reading up on this step it can either make or ruin your harvest .
    7-proper drying of plants 
    8-curing in mason jars is a must , also suggest reading up on this process..
    You learn with each season of growing, this past summer was my 4th season with each getting better & better ..
    The harvest from this yr is the most potent I’ve grown I mean really potent bud ..
    good luck 4 plants is a lot to manage but go for it it’s so cool to smoke your harvest and everything else that comes with it , if you ever need any tips hit me up on message ..
    Thanks for the tips.  I am only growing one plant as well.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Manitoba undecided on allowing non-smoking cannabis in public, Premier Brian Pallister says

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Same reason I don't grow New York strip steak... Lack of resources to do it right, would rather let the professionals handle it. 

I grew tomatoes on my porch and that was fun, but not enough to last me all year. We still need hot house and imports to get thru the winter.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Manitoba undecided on allowing non-smoking cannabis in public, Premier Brian Pallister says

so this makes him despicable? your standards for hate seem to be incredibly low. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

so this makes him despicable? your standards for hate seem to be incredibly low. 
    Absolutely this fucker is despicable.  He wants to deny people who want to consume edibles in public.  Did this asshole ban smoking in public, smoking at provincial park, how about alcohol...are patios being banned, did he ban drinking at provincial parks.  Seriously dude, you have low standards.  What about folks who consider medicine, but haven’t bothered get a script?  Is this dude that spends 1/2 his time Costa Rica.  At least Ford spends his time in Ontario.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Absolutely this fucker is despicable.  He wants to deny people who want to consume edibles in public.  Did this asshole ban smoking in public, smoking at provincial park, how about alcohol...are patios being banned, did he ban drinking at provincial parks.  Seriously dude, you have low standards.  What about folks who consider medicine, but haven’t bothered get a script?  Is this dude that spends 1/2 his time Costa Rica.  At least Ford spends his time in Ontario.
    i think he's an ass for spending as much time abroad as he does (not part of your original criteria for 'despicable' that i could tell), but consuming intoxicants in public, to me, is kind of a no-brainer. you aren't allowed to walk around with beer in a park. provincial parks, yes, where you have paid for a spot, but not on the beaches. 

alcohol is a different animal than weed. using weed has the intention of getting fucked up. every damn time. there is no 'have one beer' type of scenario with weed. either you get high or you don't. and edibles are unpredictable. you want someone going apeshit at a public park or on a patio because they didn't know what they were doing? i don't. any more than i want some super drunk asshole making a scene in public. 

i don't like pallister one bit. but he is not on the same level as ford. not even close to that buffoonery. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

i think he's an ass for spending as much time abroad as he does (not part of your original criteria for 'despicable' that i could tell), but consuming intoxicants in public, to me, is kind of a no-brainer. you aren't allowed to walk around with beer in a park. provincial parks, yes, where you have paid for a spot, but not on the beaches. 

alcohol is a different animal than weed. using weed has the intention of getting fucked up. every damn time. there is no 'have one beer' type of scenario with weed. either you get high or you don't. and edibles are unpredictable. you want someone going apeshit at a public park or on a patio because they didn't know what they were doing? i don't. any more than i want some super drunk asshole making a scene in public. 

i don't like pallister one bit. but he is not on the same level as ford. not even close to that buffoonery. 
    May I sugest you do a little more research.  LMFAO.  Never seen someone go apeshit from weed, and I’ve been around for 30 years.  I have no problem with people consuming it in public as long as they at]re not driving.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Reefer Madness...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

May I sugest you do a little more research.  LMFAO.  Never seen someone go apeshit from weed, and I’ve been around for 30 years.  I have no problem with people consuming it in public as long as they at]re not driving.
    i've done research. i have experienced edibles. and i know for a fact that it is a whole different ballgame from smoking it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com