Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    There was an armed robbery at one of the 3 new private pot shops in Vancouver on the weekend. One customer was shot! (he'll be okay). Obviously these places really need to invest in security measures... pisses me off though - we don't want these places to be like those jewelry pawn shops with the cages inside the doors.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    There was an armed robbery at one of the 3 new private pot shops in Vancouver on the weekend. One customer was shot! (he'll be okay). Obviously these places really need to invest in security measures... pisses me off though - we don't want these places to be like those jewelry pawn shops with the cages inside the doors.
    The thieves figure it's easy money and easy targets.  I assume most of these places have floor safes and keep limited cash on hand.  I am happy to report not 1 pot shop in Ontario has been robbed...oh wait, we don't have any physical pot shops.  What a clusterfuck in Ontario.  Of all the license's issued for this region, none will be opening here in the initial openings, but Niagra Fucking Falls is getting 4.  All kinds of solutions have been offered, from allowing the LCBO and The Beer Store to sell Cannabis to allowing the producers to open stores on their premises.  Ontario will always be backwards this way.

By the way, before legalization, there was a real nice dispensary down the road from me...reasonable prices.  They are proof that the government shouldn't be involved.  If they can open a store and keep it stocked, why can't the government stores do the same?
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    'Greed' fueled Insys founder's opioid bribe scheme: prosecutor

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-insys-opioids-idUSKCN1PM11F?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c4f4b6404d301544e6027ea&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1u0gCHa-vE7EBvupIA8IyqHesGu1-f7leqgJ9hzP4CKeQPR6GNK7uUsVo

Aren't opiods great.  I bet they spent decades in a lab before lazy government apporoves a drug that is killing thousands weekly.  You know what has been barely tested in a lab for decades, Cannabis...and people are not dropping dead from it, and there are 1000's of people who know the benefit to this weed.  Yet the US federal government keeps it illegal, because scum like this has likely lobbied a bunch of puke politicians to keep cannabis banned.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    'Greed' fueled Insys founder's opioid bribe scheme: prosecutor

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-insys-opioids-idUSKCN1PM11F?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c4f4b6404d301544e6027ea&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1u0gCHa-vE7EBvupIA8IyqHesGu1-f7leqgJ9hzP4CKeQPR6GNK7uUsVo

Aren't opiods great.  I bet they spent decades in a lab before lazy government apporoves a drug that is killing thousands weekly.  You know what has been barely tested in a lab for decades, Cannabis...and people are not dropping dead from it, and there are 1000's of people who know the benefit to this weed.  Yet the US federal government keeps it illegal, because scum like this has likely lobbied a bunch of puke politicians to keep cannabis banned.
    And the doctors involved need to be investigated as well...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Legalizing medical marijuana gets strong 'no' from SC Attny General, infuriating advocates

https://wlos.com/news/local/legalizing-medical-marijuana-gets-strong-no-from-sc-attny-general-infuriating-advocates?fbclid=IwAR0Q2Al54LLHMFkT5EjiMUt4_e-erv9ruLvSwFPkXyT6YotWXxHf6REg4ZU

“It is the most dangerous drug because it is the most misunderstood drug,” Wilson said.

“Attorney General Alan Wilson stood up at that press conference and said things like ‘doped and stoned’ don’t apply to medicine. Well, he’s obviously never seen people that are doped up on opioids because that’s exactly what they are.”

Another fucking idiot politician...American politicians are some corrupt ass backward politicians on the planet...

Here a tip for that asshole lawyer, it's OUR BODY.

Another state I’ve crossed off of states I’d never live in ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The business of legal pot is a clanking, wheezing, government-created Rube Goldberg machine: Neil Macdonald
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/cannabis-shortages-1.4997903?fbclid=IwAR3mDMKLxQVk3LAEUIjv3VXXCIehAbaDY0I9KHluOFBn1-ZZivnzlCjo30c

I know a pot dealer in Montreal. He's been dealing weed and hash for decades. He's an efficient capitalist; he guarantees customer satisfaction. Quality product and fast, free delivery. He's never been busted, either, to my knowledge, which I guess makes him a pretty smart dealer.

In any case, you'd think with legalization, and all the new competition he's facing, he'd be a worried fellow. Well, he's not.

"Are you nuts?" he laughs. "It's the government."

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I doubt he'll be in the same spot 3 years from now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    In Ontario, if you are not a medicinal user, the only place for legal weed is online...so I kept my medicinal licence, and when I saw how fucked up Ontario is currently I renewed 6 months early...my dr is 75 and has no problem with cannabis.  So not all old people are dinosaurs...lol

He does not like opioids and has a very strict opioid policy.  You violate his policy, no questions asked he will fire his patients.

It is true what Neil said in the article.  I googled weed and my area, a whole page pop up of dealers guaranteeing 2-hour free delivery.  That was a month ago.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    California proposes slashing pot taxes to help regulated industry compete with black market
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/calif-bill-introduced-to-slash-pot-taxes-as-legal-industry-struggles.html

If they want to compete with Black Market they should allow Grub Hub delivery.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some of the dispensaries here have done away with taxes (ie, eat them) altogether, and a couple are absorbing the 15% tax.  I limit myself to those places for delivery, plus they're reputable and reliable.

One could buy a shitload of cannabis with the amount spent on taxes.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,723
    What a funny country.  A little less than half of Americans (those who voted anyway) wanted Trump for president and he became president.  At the same time, two out of three Americans are in favor of legalized pot and yet pot still remains illegal at the federal level. 

We are a very funny country indeed! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    What a funny country.  A little less than half of Americans (those who voted anyway) wanted Trump for president and he became president.  At the same time, two out of three Americans are in favor of legalized pot and yet pot still remains illegal at the federal level. 

If Obama didn't legalize it, it still may be many years away at the Federal level.  Your best bet is at the State level, IMO.  It also shows how entrenched the pharmaceutical lobby has become about making sure medical research to confirm what many people are saying, they are getting health benefits.  I have very little use for the pharmaceutical industry.  The pharmaceutical industry should not be allowed to advertise.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:

If Obama didn't legalize it, it still may be many years away at the Federal level.  Your best bet is at the State level, IMO.  It also shows how entrenched the pharmaceutical lobby has become about making sure medical research to confirm what many people are saying, they are getting health benefits.  I have very little use for the pharmaceutical industry.  The pharmaceutical industry should not be allowed to advertise.
    100% agree 
  • Options
    I had a doctor tell me one time he would getting anywhere 6-10 patients a week who would come in because they saw some pharmaceutical advertised for symptoms they may or may not have.  99% of the time it was an unnecessary visit.  I suggested to him that maybe the Ontario government sue the pharmaceutical industry since we have a public disease management system and this seemed like the pharmaceutical industry was complicit.  His response was priceless, he said: "they have lobbied the government well enough that the government would shield them from lawsuits".  It's bullshit.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    How many of you guys smoke every day? And how long have you been doing so?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I had my first joint when I was 16/17, and smoked on and off, mostly on for 30+ years, started smoking every day about 6 years ago.  I smoke pretty much every day.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Don’t smoke everyday I used to yrs ago , these days I enjoy edibles I prefer the slow gradual high instead of the instant high from smoking..
  • Options
    Don’t smoke everyday I used to yrs ago , these days I enjoy edibles I prefer the slow gradual high instead of the instant high from smoking..
    I have never had good edibles or I never take enough because I am cautious of the dosing.  I envy people who say they get the high from edibles.  Do you make your own?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Erry day since 2005, but not Snoop style.
    I always get a buzz, but I rarely get stoned.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I'm a heavy user - smoke/vape along with tinctures multiple times daily.  Edibles definitely get me high, but generally not in a productive sense.  Great for relaxation though.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    And the ones in the pics you’ve posted look delicious, too ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I have never had good edibles or I never take enough because I am cautious of the dosing.  I envy people who say they get the high from edibles.  Do you make your own?
    Yes , ever since I started growing my own this fall was my 4th doing it getting good results too ..
  • Options
    And the ones in the pics you’ve posted look delicious, too ;)
    Thanks the chocolates are so good 😊 I made butter last night ready for baking today SBS goodness 😉
  • Options
    Butter for edibles..
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I probably smoke every day or almost every day, but it is only a TINY amount each day. Like literally a pinch or two of it - perhaps 6 or 7 small puffs for the day, always at night time. I probably smoke about 1 gram/month or so? Maybe 1.5 grams at most? I guess I've been doing this for about 5 years or so. Before that, I didn't have such easy access (about 5 years ago is when I got my medical card). So before then I often didn't have any because I didn't want to find dealers - it was more of an on and off thing (I had no medical need for it back then either). The last time before that when I had easy access and smoked a LOT was in university, when every other friend and half my roommates sold weed, lol. Seriously, in the 90s, I would say that a good 20% of the population under 25 was selling. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Do Nevada or California have public recreational dispensaries?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    rgambs said:
    You mean government run stores? I don't think so. Just private stores...
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    We have dozens of them in my neck of the woods, but I believe some areas of California have nowhere near that, if at all.