PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Any Death Cab fans here? Playing the Tower next week. New album is real good
    I'm a fan, but I decided a while ago that they are a much better studio band than live. They're Valium in-person. Or at least The Tower might be a better venue than a large one.

I'll have to check out that album.

Neil Young show last night. Good stuff. But between my last Pearl Jam show, and realizing how old we're getting as a demographic, and then last night where a lot of the even older people were straight-up geezers is making me rethink my concert-going. And these goddamn old fogies need to figure out how their goddamn cell phones work and turn off their flashes.

Also rethinking Neil Young shows as his price tag is getting too steep. I guess he's gotta make those alimony payments.
    I really like the song Gold rush.  Haven't picked up the album yet though.  Might try and pick up a ticket to see them.  Only seen them once and that was at a festival.
    I really really like the new album. Saw them open for PJ in Boston a million years ago and didn't have the same impression JP did. That's what got me into them in the first place. Taking the wifey down on Wednesday.....because all of my old foggie geezer friends aren't down for a  school night show. Losers!
    I saw them open up in Boston, too. Believe that was 2004, right before the VFC show in Reading - where I also saw them open up. And I agree - those openers piqued my interest. And then I went and saw them as a headliner and it was sleep-worthy. Ben Gibbard doing Postal Service stuff was fun at the Mann, though.

Again, maybe the smaller venue will be key. 

Transatlanticism and Plans were fucking great albums.
    How was Death Cab?  I was tempted to go but work got in the way.  Almost went to the Gorillaz show tonight also but tix were too much and i worked like for 12 hours. Plus would rather watch the Eagles game.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    That's Juggs.

And, yes, how was the show @The Juggler?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    That's Juggs.

And, yes, how was the show @The Juggler?
    It was pretty good. Good mix of old and new tunes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anybody listen to the new Kurt Vile album yet? Really fucking good.

Ended up getting tickets to the show at The Met, looking forward to it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    My SIL (a musician) loves him and I got an album a few years ago but could not get into it.  Not my bag.
    Hope you have a blast!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Most polished, diverse album he's had yet, I'd say give it another go. 'Come Again' is really friggin' good.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Will give it a go at some point.  The Met looks fucking awesome, I just don't like any of the stuff they have booked there yet.  Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
    I hear ya, anything north of City Hall is hard for to get out to - no real reason for that, but in my head it seems like  hundreds of miles away, haha. Looks cool. Not sure, but I think it was built where the Blue Horizon was? That place was the best.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I hear ya, anything north of City Hall is hard for to get out to - no real reason for that, but in my head it seems like  hundreds of miles away, haha. Looks cool. Not sure, but I think it was built where the Blue Horizon was? That place was the best.
    I do not believe this is Blue Horizon. I think this was an old abandoned opera hall, no?

Dude, this venue is as easy for you to get to as any in the city outside of probably Boot and Saddle.
    I do not believe this is Blue Horizon. I think this was an old abandoned opera hall, no?

Dude, this venue is as easy for you to get to as any in the city outside of probably Boot and Saddle.
    Incredibly easy, stupid easy. I think I walk less than two blocks door to door. It's just anything north of City Hall might as well be in Canada.

Incredibly easy, stupid easy. I think I walk less than two blocks door to door. It's just anything north of City Hall might as well be in Canada.
    Outside of work, how I feel of anything west of Broad
    I was speaking with someone last week about being here, if I miss SoCal, what I like about NJ, Philly, etc...I shared that I love Philly for many reasons but feel badly that there are entire sections of the city that I seemingly never go to.
    Crossing the Schuylkill is like crossing the fucking Rubicon.  I'm lost over there, whereas I know things east of there very well by now.

Need to explore more and stop going to the same places in South Philly/Center City/Chinatown
    Lotta good things west of the Schuylkill! But I hear you. I don't think I really leave the 3/4 mile radius of my house anymore, haha.

I think it's part of my whole disdain of anything north/northeast of the city, ala Willow Grove, Abington, Elkins Park, Northeast, etc... It's like the one area of the greater part of the city/state I don't know. And I'm OK with that.
    Lotta good things west of the Schuylkill! But I hear you. I don't think I really leave the 3/4 mile radius of my house anymore, haha.

I think it's part of my whole disdain of anything north/northeast of the city, ala Willow Grove, Abington, Elkins Park, Northeast, etc... It's like the one area of the greater part of the city/state I don't know. And I'm OK with that.
    HA. Pretty sure our next move is either Media(ish), though prices out there are bananas or Elkins Park/Jenkintown/Abington.
    Media is the new Havertown.
    Indeed.  It has stuff...
    Indeed.  It has stuff...
    It's the new place in Delco where everyone from the city goes to the 'burbs I mean. And then, yes, house prices reach auction-levels.
    I know someone who has a sweet place in Aston.  A few Eagles live in the same community. 
    I like to tease her and say she lives in Chester.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Anybody listen to the new Kurt Vile album yet? Really fucking good.

Ended up getting tickets to the show at The Met, looking forward to it.
    not yet, i am so far behind on music this year :s:disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    New spot opened in my neighborhood.  Very excited to try it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ginza-philadelphia-3

What does our resident wannabe Japanese guy (I kid) think at first glance?!  The pictures look awesome, though only a few non business professional ones.
    Wow the Roe, Gonads, Salmon bowl looks amazing.
    Same for deluxe Chirashi, although personally I am not a Chirashi guy....not filling up on rice, no matter how well it is made.  Sashimi!

Uni...Black Miso Cod..different types of Toro.this place looks strong.

It goes on the must-try list.  Let us know what you think!

I watched the 'Fat' portion of Salt Fat Acid Heat (on Netflix) last night and I switched from wanting to be Japanese back to wanting to be Italian again.  (I am half-eyetie)
    Next thing I watch from Japan will no doubt swing me back again.
    Wow the Roe, Gonads, Salmon bowl looks amazing.
    Same for deluxe Chirashi, although personally I am not a Chirashi guy....not filling up on rice, no matter how well it is made.  Sashimi!

Uni...Black Miso Cod..different types of Toro.this place looks strong.

It goes on the must-try list.  Let us know what you think!

I watched the 'Fat' portion of Salt Fat Acid Heat (on Netflix) last night and I switched from wanting to be Japanese back to wanting to be Italian again.  (I am half-eyetie)
    Next thing I watch from Japan will no doubt swing me back again.
    Nice, man.  Good to know. We'll be checking it out soon.

Italian is awesome. Love how simple it is.  Both are amazing.  More familiar with good Italian than good Japanese, but I'd like to change that.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    New spot opened in my neighborhood.  Very excited to try it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ginza-philadelphia-3

What does our resident wannabe Japanese guy (I kid) think at first glance?!  The pictures look awesome, though only a few non business professional ones.
    looks good.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    remember when this team had a 'good farm system'? 
    lots of cap space
    ass holes not running the franchise

god I hate this team.  sign machado you ass holes.  harper too.  you will still suck balls because you stink at everything but come on..

missed out on the victor victor victor brothers (tony, tone, toni - but not american), even though the phillies have the largest interntional spend this year.  got worked by jeter and the marlins - haha.

cheers bitches - I'm going back to my late night hawaii football radio broadcast.  anyone who bet on towson today is cashing tix!!! (we have the best flacco QB - NJ represent)
    edited October 2018
    harper is gonna laugh at the phillies
    I fucking love machado because he's a dick and he is not coming here
    PAY THEM BOTH even though this team will still suck.  I just love machado
    I want to light arrietas contract on fire and put it up to his stupid beard.  god I hate that dude.  calling out kingery who is a better player making a fraction of your douchebagness.  I hate arrieta.  I also hate arrieta
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    I think cliff would secretly like the phillies if machado comes here (which he won't because andy macphail cant get out of bed without screwing up).  

machado is a dick = cliff is a dick (I say this in the most flattering way possible)

the phillies are not gonna sign anyone good.  the marlins signed the international guys.  the braves are grooming beasts for days..

I fucking hate being a phillies fan.

cliff, havent seen you in a while.  go fuck yourself

The Fixer said:
    I think cliff would secretly like the phillies if machado comes here (which he won't because andy macphail cant get out of bed without screwing up).  

machado is a dick = cliff is a dick (I say this in the most flattering way possible)

the phillies are not gonna sign anyone good.  the marlins signed the international guys.  the braves are grooming beasts for days..

I fucking hate being a phillies fan.

cliff, havent seen you in a while.  go fuck yourself

Heeey buddy. Fuck You too