PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    My BIL heard a Pj's is going there.
    So exactly the same thing.
    much better food
    Does anyone eat at McFaddens?
    Ate there prior to one of the 2013 PJ Shows.  Wife was pregnant and demanded food, it was awful.
    Only drank every other time.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    Ate there prior to one of the 2013 PJ Shows.  Wife was pregnant and demanded food, it was awful.
    I'd imagine. I don't think I have ever had food there.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Sorry, I'll specify: it's McFadden's with, uh, better food, which is completely relative in this instance.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I ate there once and it was awful. If it's a PJ's I will eat there again.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    JK_Livin said:
    I ate there once and it was awful. If it's a PJ's I will eat there again.
    A PJs right down the street from me....took the 13 year old there when he was 8-9 one Saturday morning. 
    He was blown away.  Got so much attention.  I don't think I could take him there now or he would not be able to stand up from the table.
    Like little Eddie Murphy not wanting to stand up in class when he had a Woodrow
    https://youtu.be/nAcostURZQw

Aaaannnnnd apparently it's the highly overrated Shake Shack.
    Agree, although their app allowing to order ahead makes this place doable.  Waiting in the fucking line? 
    Nope
    Agree, although their app allowing to order ahead makes this place doable.  Waiting in the fucking line? 
    Nope
    I love burgers on Martin's potato rolls, and milkshakes, but neither are justified for the price-to-size ratio.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    wasn't that where the pj wishlist was held?  yeah i didn't care for that place too much.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Yep, it was
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    wasn't that where the pj wishlist was held?  yeah i didn't care for that place too much.
    If the weather is good, they should be held in a parking lot for one BIG Tailgate Party. PHILLY is a great place for Tailgating.(as i'm sure the Locals already know)
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    If the weather is good, they should be held in a parking lot for one BIG Tailgate Party. PHILLY is a great place for Tailgating.(as i'm sure the Locals already know)
    This is actually a fact. Also the reason why I miss Camden shows. That's right, I said it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    This is actually a fact. Also the reason why I miss Camden shows. That's right, I said it.
    Yeah, the Venue in Camden is not the best, but you can Tailgate ther too. About the only good thing about seeing shows ther: TAILGATING!!
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    Yeah, the Venue in Camden is not the best, but you can Tailgate ther too. About the only good thing about seeing shows ther: TAILGATING!!
    That's what I'm saying - nothing like drinking all day with a water view of the city's skyline as PJ is playing from 45 cars all clashing with different songs.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    much better food
    Pour House > Pj's
    chinese-happy.jpg
    finally it's game day!  Go Phills!

This year i'm thinking 79 wins is doable
    still need one more win to get this although it won't be tonight :lol:
    well i was pretty close, off by one win.
    and there goes the season....
    Still a fun season though. My hope at the beginning of the seasons was 82 wins (and I thought that was a huge stretch at the time) so hopefully they can get to that. 
    Well the first half yeah, last month or two not really.  

Hopefully they can get at least 80 wins and finish ahead of Washington.
    too bad they couldn't finish ahead of the Nats. 

Sure changes are coming in the offseason.  As long as they don't get rid of Nola or Hoskins i'm down with anything including and hoping the coach.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Any Death Cab fans here? Playing the Tower next week. New album is real good
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited October 2018
    I'm a fan, but I decided a while ago that they are a much better studio band than live. They're Valium in-person. Or at least The Tower might be a better venue than a large one.

I'll have to check out that album.

Neil Young show last night. Good stuff. But between my last Pearl Jam show, and realizing how old we're getting as a demographic, and then last night where a lot of the even older people were straight-up geezers is making me rethink my concert-going. And these goddamn old fogies need to figure out how their goddamn cell phones work and turn off their flashes.

Also rethinking Neil Young shows as his price tag is getting too steep. I guess he's gotta make those alimony payments.
    I'm a fan, but I decided a while ago that they are a much better studio band than live. They're Valium in-person. Or at least The Tower might be a better venue than a large one.

Neil Young show last night. Good stuff. But between my last Pearl Jam show, and realizing how old we're getting as a demographic, and then last night where a lot of the even older people were straight-up geezers is making me rethink my concert-going. And these goddamn old fogies need to figure out how their goddamn cell phones work and turn off their flashes.

Also rethinking Neil Young shows as his price tag is getting too steep. I guess he's gotta make those alimony payments.
    For real, laughed out loud at this

I really like the song Gold rush.  Haven't picked up the album yet though.  Might try and pick up a ticket to see them.  Only seen them once and that was at a festival.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I really like the song Gold rush.  Haven't picked up the album yet though.  Might try and pick up a ticket to see them.  Only seen them once and that was at a festival.
    I really really like the new album. Saw them open for PJ in Boston a million years ago and didn't have the same impression JP did. That's what got me into them in the first place. Taking the wifey down on Wednesday.....because all of my old foggie geezer friends aren't down for a  school night show. Losers!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah, definitely good stuff and I was fine with the price I paid, though there were definitely some outrageously priced tickets, but the show was a little slow at times.  Per usual, Neil Young does what Neil Young wants.  Hell of an old crowd.

I really really like the new album. Saw them open for PJ in Boston a million years ago and didn't have the same impression JP did. That's what got me into them in the first place. Taking the wifey down on Wednesday.....because all of my old foggie geezer friends aren't down for a  school night show. Losers!
    I saw them open up in Boston, too. Believe that was 2004, right before the VFC show in Reading - where I also saw them open up. And I agree - those openers piqued my interest. And then I went and saw them as a headliner and it was sleep-worthy. Ben Gibbard doing Postal Service stuff was fun at the Mann, though.

Again, maybe the smaller venue will be key. 

Transatlanticism and Plans were fucking great albums.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Got a Jeopardy rant. Does anyone here watch?  Here is what annoys me about the show. In Final Jeopardy if you are losing you must bet either everything or nothing.  no in between. If you bet less than everything and you win you've only cost yourself money in the long run. It makes zero sense if you are going to bet to bet less than everything if you are losing.  it happens every night and it drives me crazy. ok end of rant. 
    pjhawks said:
    Got a Jeopardy rant. Does anyone here watch?  Here is what annoys me about the show. In Final Jeopardy if you are losing you must bet either everything or nothing.  no in between. If you bet less than everything and you win you've only cost yourself money in the long run. It makes zero sense if you are going to bet to bet less than everything if you are losing.  it happens every night and it drives me crazy. ok end of rant. 
    I used to watch all of the time but almost never watch any longer.
    Around college age I could answer a high % of the questions.  Further away from college I got the more I forgot all of that useless shit and the last few times I watched I only got 5-6 right in double round.  Just only so much RAM and that shit was not used/vanished.
    I wrote a song, years ago, titled 'Alex, Why Are You In Handcuffs' in honor of my desire to beat the hell out of Alex Trabeck.
    pjhawks said:
    I used to watch all of the time but almost never watch any longer.
    Around college age I could answer a high % of the questions.  Further away from college I got the more I forgot all of that useless shit and the last few times I watched I only got 5-6 right in double round.  Just only so much RAM and that shit was not used/vanished.
    I wrote a song, years ago, titled 'Alex, Why Are You In Handcuffs' in honor of my desire to beat the hell out of Alex Trabeck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    went to Field of Screams in Lancaster last night.  It was pretty cool actually. If you are into haunted attractions this is def. one of the best ones in the area.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Philly's Best!
    Netflix...Chefs Table....an episode focused on Cristina Martinez.

Want to go there again very soon, so good!
    Philly's Best!
    Netflix...Chefs Table....an episode focused on Cristina Martinez.

Want to go there again very soon, so good!
    I saw this was on there. Gotta check it out. So fucking good