This thread has gone far enough. "Be kind." -Ilona Anne Coggswater

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    The witnesses that were allegedly there sure don’t seem to be able to confirm it though.

And yeah the timing matters, as I have already offered reasons why.  
    Do you film every second of your life? Or write everything down? Is that why you think all claims should reasonably be verifiable like that? 
    The timing also makes sense, as I have already offered reasons why.

Look, it really comes down to this: What if she's telling the truth? That's very possible. So the choices are 1) believe her claims are at least possible, and not potentially have someone who sexually assaulted a girl and then lied during his confirmation hearings as a SCOTUS judge, or 2) ignore her accusations completely and possibly have a SCOTUS justice who may have sexually assaulted a girl and then lied during his confirmation hearings.
    Why in the fuck would anyone in their right mind still think this guy is an adequate selection, given the stakes??? I'm really not going to concern myself over Kavanaugh and Trump being sad that he didn't manage to become a Supreme court justice. Why should I? There are other people without sexual assault allegations being made against them, so why wouldn't everyone prefer them over someone who even might have done something like this?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The womans identity in the Kavanenaugh case was outed by dems, right?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    unsung said:
    The witnesses that were allegedly there sure don’t seem to be able to confirm it though.

But why two years ago vs. now?
    "agendas change"?

;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    Not disagreeing, but why not report it two years ago?  At some point people need to not hold on for years and years.  The accused also deserve their day in court.
    it's pretty fucking obvious, and has been mentioned ad nauseum. pay attention or stop asking the same stupid question. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Some only believe in is the court of public opinion.  In the court of public opinion you don’t need proof...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Go through the proper authorities, not the media.  I don’t give a sit if .000000001% are fake, some innocent men’s lives are getting ruined from vindictive asshole self righteous woman...
    There are no proper authorities to go through when the statute of limitations has expired and/or there is no physical evidence and the authorities tell her there is nothing they can do.

I wish I could hear you and others like you sound that adamant about all the millions and millions of lives and careers ruined for women whose real accusations have been shot down by asshole self righteous men.
    Maybe waiting 30+ years isn’t the best idea, heck I can’t remember what I did in HS and it has not been anywhere near that amount of time.

There is a reason that there is a Statute of cases like these, memories fade, evidence disappears, agendas change.
    I don’t think Maryland has a statute of limitations on sexual assault. 
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Go through the proper authorities, not the media.  I don’t give a sit if .000000001% are fake, some innocent men’s lives are getting ruined from vindictive asshole self righteous woman...
    There are no proper authorities to go through when the statute of limitations has expired and/or there is no physical evidence and the authorities tell her there is nothing they can do.

I wish I could hear you and others like you sound that adamant about all the millions and millions of lives and careers ruined for women whose real accusations have been shot down by asshole self righteous men.
    Maybe waiting 30+ years isn’t the best idea, heck I can’t remember what I did in HS and it has not been anywhere near that amount of time.

There is a reason that there is a Statute of cases like these, memories fade, evidence disappears, agendas change.
    Even if that's the case, it wouldn't matter in most cases anyway. Prosecutors rarely take such cases to trial because of a lack of evidence. That is the case for very old accusations, but also the case for brand new ones too. So many victims are told "there is nothing we can do".
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:

Do you film every second of your life? Or write everything down? Is that why you think all claims should reasonably be verifiable like that? 
    The timing also makes sense, as I have already offered reasons why.

Look, it really comes down to this: What if she's telling the truth? That's very possible. So the choices are 1) believe her claims are at least possible, and not potentially have someone who sexually assaulted a girl and then lied during his confirmation hearings as a SCOTUS judge, or 2) ignore her accusations completely and possibly have a SCOTUS justice who may have sexually assaulted a girl and then lied during his confirmation hearings.
    Why in the fuck would anyone in their right mind still think this guy is an adequate selection, given the stakes??? I'm really not going to concern myself over Kavanaugh and Trump being sad that he didn't manage to become a Supreme court justice. Why should I? There are other people without sexual assault allegations being made against them, so why wouldn't everyone prefer them over someone who even might have done something like this?
    I’m sure someone else would come out of the woodwork.
    I'll. say what I said earlier...if you think it is ok to ruin a persons life without proof of wrongdoing, I hope like hell you get accused someday.  Especially if you are a fuckin teacher or healthcare worker ... you will get no sympathy ever from me, suffer the consequences ... all victims must be believed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I'll. say what I said earlier...if you think it is ok to ruin a persons life without proof of wrongdoing, I hope like hell you get accused someday.  Especially if you are a fuckin teacher or healthcare worker ... you will get no sympathy ever from me, suffer the consequences ... all victims must be believed.
    it's unfortunate that collateral damage will happen. but in very few cases. will lives be ruined? doubtful. do you really think this woman has turned her life upside down and had to relocate her family to keep them safe just so she could falsely accuse someone? come on. use your critical thinking skills. it is incredibly unlikely that this woman is going to knowingly ruin her life in the short and possibly long term in the unlikely event anything bad will even happen to the man she's accusing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    You also said you didn't care if it was 1 in 1 billion (I think that is how the math plays out from what you shared, quoted below) --- I think 1 in 1 billion, while sad, would be acceptable to stop the abuse. 
    I don’t give a sit if .000000001% are fake, some innocent men’s lives are getting ruined from vindictive asshole self righteous woman...
    I know the number is much higher.  I did ask the questions before (not answered) -- how are some some of these things to be proven?  If it cannot be proven, it didn't happen and nobody can be held accountable?

How are they meant to have proof for so many scenarios imaginable?  

Not sure what  the answer is.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I already stated that only fools think literally all accusations should be believed at face value. I don't think anyone is arguing for that here or anywhere else. You're just choosing to ignore the actual arguments, and sticking with the black and white perspective, apparently.
    PJ_Soul said:
    I already stated that only fools think literally all accusations should be believed at face value. I don't think anyone is arguing for that here or anywhere else. You're just choosing to ignore the actual arguments, and sticking with the black and white perspective, apparently.
    maybe he thinks Trudeau is behind the #metoo movement? LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Did you expect the witnesses to say, "yeah I was there, I saw it happen and I didn't do anything to stop it"?
    Of course they "don't remember".
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I find myself wondering if you work yourself into such a frothing rage when women's lives are *actually* ruined by sexual assaults and abuses?  I wonder.

I say *actually* because I can't think of a single life that's actually been ruined by #metoo accusations.  What I see is a bunch of millionaires who are forced to retire from superfluous careers with enough money to live several lifetimes, and a few people trying to justify their misogynistic feelings with a pity party for them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:

They don’t but the left is demanding that this be a federal crime and have the FBI investigate.

If it happened, if the accuser can figure out when it happened, it supposedly happened when the accused was a minor.  So now what do you do?  
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:

Did you expect the witnesses to say, "yeah I was there, I saw it happen and I didn't do anything to stop it"?
    Of course they "don't remember".
    Or it never happened.
  • brianlux said:
    I agree whole hardheartedly with what Allison, oftenreading, KAT and others have said here. But  I think my point got lost here. I will graciously duck out here. 

Ladies, you know I love ya, I'm all for you. 

And let's have a good, strong woman president for a change. 

Elizabeth...?

Weak sauce Brian. And Elizabeth warren is an awful choice 
    EW would be the perfect choice if you want to see Trump a two term prez. 
    So only a male candidate could unseat the Baffoon? Or in other words this country is just not ready for a female president..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • So she’s begging for the FBI to investigate but the GOP Neanderthals who still believe in dragging your woman into a cave just wanna push it through can someone explain why the hurrying? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianlux said:
    I agree whole hardheartedly with what Allison, oftenreading, KAT and others have said here. But  I think my point got lost here. I will graciously duck out here. 

Elizabeth...?

So only a male candidate could unseat the Baffoon? Or in other words this country is just not ready for a female president..
    You've been making some giant assed leaps lately.  So if you don't like 1 woman candidate you don't like them all?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:

They don’t but the left is demanding that this be a federal crime and have the FBI investigate.

If it happened, if the accuser can figure out when it happened, it supposedly happened when the accused was a minor.  So now what do you do?  
    The “left” is not “demanding” that this “be a federal crime.” Her attorney is requesting that the FBI investigate to determine whether a crime was committed, something the FBI does on a regular basis and not something the senate judiciary committee does. Further, the FBI takes statements from witnesses and potential witnesses that can help corroborate the victim’s sworn statement, all of which becomes available to the senate judiciary committee and can drive their line of questioning for both the victim and Kavanaugh to testify under oath. It’s a method of getting to the truth. Being a “minor” at the time has nothing to do with it unless you think it’s totally acceptable for a minor to sexually assault another minor and that minors shouldn’t be charged as adults for certain, violent crimes. If Kavanaugh is innocent as he claims, what are you worried about?

Do you know the victim’s party affiliation? I thought the repubs were all about law and order, rule of law and thorough investigations? Has Anonymous been investigated yet? What a joke.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Why do you think it’s significant that the accused was a minor? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    brianlux said:

Elizabeth...?

that's quite the leap jose. I, for one, have been hoping for a female US president for years. I just don't think she'd get the votes. She is wildly hated on the right, and is not very well liked even on the left. it would be a horrendous choice. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Voting in a woman just to get a woman is one of the dumbest ideas out there.

Present a quality candidate, that happens to be a woman, and she can win.
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    Voting in a woman just to get a woman is one of the dumbest ideas out there.

Present a quality candidate, that happens to be a woman, and she can win.
    kind of like saying only a man can be a priest? I thought you said that women bring unique qualities and skills to the table. if I happen to believe those skils and qualities would make a great leader, then how can you dispute that without being a total hypocrite? or do only you get to choose which skills and qualities they have and what they are useful for?

I don't think any woman should do the job, hence my rejection of EW.  But there's no question in my mind that it's time to get the female perspective in leadership in your country and, by extension, for the globe. 

Canada has the best of both worlds with Trudeau. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2018
    LOL.

EW wouldn’t make my list either.  

If a quality candidate were out there I’d certainly consider voting for her, I just won’t do it based solely on being a woman.

I never said a woman couldn’t be a spiritual leader, and if I wanted one I could switch to Lutheran or something else.  Not exactly placed high on my priority list, I’d prefer that priests stop touching children first.  Having women priests doesn’t guarantee that abuse stops, nuns have murdered children , they aren’t immune to abuse.  My first priority is to replace this Pope.
    Post edited by unsung on
    unsung said:
    LOL.

EW wouldn’t make my list either.  

If a quality candidate were out there I’d certainly consider voting for her, I just won’t do it based solely on being a woman.

I never said a woman couldn’t be a spiritual leader, and if I wanted one I could switch to Lutheran or something else.  Not exactly placed high on my priority list, I’d prefer that priests stop touching children first.  Having women priests doesn’t guarantee that abuse stops, nuns have murdered children , they aren’t immune to abuse.  My first priority is to replace this Pope.
    we weren't talking about spiritual leaders in general. you stated quite clearly that women shouldn't be catholic priests. why is that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Mainly because I don’t see it as a need and that a change for no reason other than filling a demographic is ridiculous.
    I would say equal opportunity with a chance for equal representation is not "ridiculous". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.