Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018

Most cops have no interest in bothering cannabis users or even people who grow small amounts for personal use ... just to much paper work only to see the crown or judge to toss it...
    I agree... That's why I think TalonTedd just hates his jerk conservative cop neighbor, lol. I mean, the guy still might just be super anti-pot. Cop or not, there are so many people, especially older white men, who are full on with the stigma against weed. Reefer madness, full blown. Maybe the cop neighbor is one of those.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:

Most cops have no interest in bothering cannabis users or even people who grow small amounts for personal use ... just to much paper work only to see the crown or judge to toss it...
    I agree... That's why I think TalonTedd just hates his jerk conservative cop neighbor, lol. I mean, the guy still might just be super anti-pot. Cop or not, there are so many people, especially older white men, who are full on with the stigma against weed. Reefer madness, full blown. Maybe the cop neighbor is one of those.
    I can guarantee you that stereotype is not in fact true (about older white men), my 85 year old conservative uncle is fully supportive of Cannabis...as a matter of fact many older white men are turning to Cannabis to alleviate many systems that come with aging.  My very old white doctor signs a script no questions asked because he'd rather see people at least try cannabis instead of opioids.  I know in my family, mostly old white, they are supportive of cannabis...

Attitudes are changing, maybe not fast enough for your liking, but people's attitude are changing...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I can guarantee you that stereotype is not in fact true (about older white men), my 85 year old conservative uncle is fully supportive of Cannabis...as a matter of fact many older white men are turning to Cannabis to alleviate many systems that come with aging.  My very old white doctor signs a script no questions asked because he'd rather see people at least try cannabis instead of opioids.  I know in my family, mostly old white, they are supportive of cannabis...

Attitudes are changing, maybe not fast enough for your liking, but people's attitude are changing...
    It's not really a stereotype - that's not how I meant it at all. I didn't mean that all older white men think that, or the majority of them, or even a lot of them. I meant that, of the people who DO think that, the majority of those people seem to be older white men. That's not a lot of people. A large majority of Canadians in general are pro-legalization. The changes are happening perfectly fast enough for me actually. In fact, I seem to be happier with how the change is going and how fast they're happening than you are. I have no complaints about how things are going in this regard. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's not really a stereotype - that's not how I meant it at all. I didn't mean that all older white men think that, or the majority of them, or even a lot of them. I meant that, of the people who DO think that, the majority of those people seem to be older white men. That's not a lot of people. A large majority of Canadians in general are pro-legalization. The changes are happening perfectly fast enough for me actually. In fact, I seem to be happier with how the change is going and how fast they're happening than you are. I have no complaints about how things are going in this regard. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm perfectly happy with legalization in Ontario.  The premier is allowing entrepreneurs the opportunity to make some cash as well by allowing private sectors stores instead of government run stores with overpaid government employees who know shit about cannabis and got the job based on nepotism.   But Trudeau still fucked up legalization because there is nothing to make legal.  Cannabis prohibition is the biggest farce ever...all he had to do was remove it from the books ... only a fool thinks its dangerous drug.  I was smoking canabis before it was legal, before medicinal was available and I did not need the governments permission then, and I've never been hassled by cops...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The real dangerous aspect of cannabis is high drivers ... the goofy PM did not even concentrate efforts to make sure their is a reliable road test available...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm perfectly happy with legalization in Ontario.  The premier is allowing entrepreneurs the opportunity to make some cash as well by allowing private sectors stores instead of government run stores with overpaid government employees who know shit about cannabis and got the job based on nepotism.   But Trudeau still fucked up legalization because there is nothing to make legal.  Cannabis prohibition is the biggest farce ever...all he had to do was remove it from the books ... only a fool thinks its dangerous drug.  I was smoking canabis before it was legal, before medicinal was available and I did not need the governments permission then, and I've never been hassled by cops...
    Then you got lucky. I have been hassled by cops plenty of times in the 29 years that I've used pot. I had my weed taken away at least a dozen times over the years, and I was even arrested once, for possession of narcotics. I had less than 2 grams rolled into joints on me. I had to have my mug shot taken and go to court and everything. Just because you didn't have any issues, it doesn't mean nobody has. So legalization is looking pretty good from my perspective. And there is another aspect you seem to ignore... The criminal one. Even if there was simply no law on the books about it at all, that would not have stopped organized crime rings (or, if it weren't a law on the books, organized weed growing and distribution rings) from competing with one another to dominate markets, and nothing would have kept that from being shady and dangerous.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That you got lucky. I have been hassled by cops plenty of times in the 29 years that I've used pot. I had my weed taken away at least a dozen times over the years, and I was even arrested once, for possession of narcotics. I had less than 2 grams rolled into joints on me. I had to have my mug shot taken and go to court and everything. Just because you didn't have any issues, it doesn't mean nobody has. So legalization is looking pretty good from my perspective. And there is another aspect you seem to ignore... The criminal one. Even if there was simply no law on the books about it at all, that would not have stopped organized crime rings (or, if it weren't a law on the books, organized weed growing and distribution rings) from competing with one another to dominate markets, and nothing would have kept that from being shady and dangerous.
    I want to see that MUGSHOT! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That you got lucky. I have been hassled by cops plenty of times in the 29 years that I've used pot. I had my weed taken away at least a dozen times over the years, and I was even arrested once, for possession of narcotics. I had less than 2 grams rolled into joints on me. I had to have my mug shot taken and go to court and everything. Just because you didn't have any issues, it doesn't mean nobody has. So legalization is looking pretty good from my perspective. And there is another aspect you seem to ignore... The criminal one. Even if there was simply no law on the books about it at all, that would not have stopped organized crime rings (or, if it weren't a law on the books, organized weed growing and distribution rings) from competing with one another to dominate markets, and nothing would have kept that from being shady and dangerous.
    I totally smiled, lol. Even tilted my head cutely. It was a great photo. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

send it to me through facebook. LOL. I gotta see this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I don't have it. This was back in the 90s. They didn't release them to you, and obviously never made it online or anything. I would like to have it, but unfortunately it's lost to history, lol.
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I don't have it. This was back in the 90s. They didn't release them to you, and obviously never made it online or anything. I would like to have it, but unfortunately it's lost to history, lol.
    I'd frame the shit out of that if i had one of myself. put it up in my bathroom above the toilet. 

But I'm a WMC. never been arrested. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That made me laugh. 

I think you can request a copy of your criminal record through a freedom of information request. If you get it, it will include the picture, or at least a bad photocopy of it. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd frame the shit out of that if i had one of myself. put it up in my bathroom above the toilet. 

I almost got arrested again a lot more recently for about the same amount of weed. I think it was in 2008, at Thunderbird Stadium during a music fest. All my friends had gone down to the beer line as I guarded our stuff up on the top of the hill in the beer garden. So I'm sitting there on the ground innocently rolling a joint and minding my own business, and suddenly two pairs of cop boots come into my view, lol. I never even saw them coming. By the time my friends got back these jerks were actually reading me my rights... That is when my annoyingly amused friend took a picture. So I was getting arrested, while all the people around were commenting about what bullshit it was, and I just said, "Come on, throw me a bone, I'm 30 years old for Christ's sake, you're going to screw up my life because I was rolling a joint at a music festival?" And amazingly, that worked. She let me off with a "warning" (aka let me go but still wanted to sound authoritative). It was so fucking ridiculous. And no, I don't know where the photo my friend took is, lol. I'm sure it's floating around somewhere, but I don't have it in any of my files, haha.
    But anyway, seriously, if that cow had actually gone through with the arrest, I'd have been fucked at that age. With the first arrest that actually made it to court, I was luckily still 2 weeks away from turning 18, so it didn't stick to my record at the end of the day.
    So yeah.... yay legalization.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I almost got arrested again a lot more recently for about the same amount of weed. I think it was in 2008, at Thunderbird Stadium during a music fest. All my friends had gone down to the beer line as I guarded our stuff up on the top of the hill in the beer garden. So I'm sitting there on the ground innocently rolling a joint and minding my own business, and suddenly two pairs of cop boots come into my view, lol. I never even saw them coming. By the time my friends got back these jerks were actually reading me my rights... That is when my annoyingly amused friend took a picture. So I was getting arrested, while all the people around were commenting about what bullshit it was, and I just said, "Come on, throw me a bone, I'm 30 years old for Christ's sake, you're going to screw up my life because I was rolling a joint at a music festival?" And amazingly, that worked. She let me off with a "warning" (aka let me go but still wanted to sound authoritative). It was so fucking ridiculous. And no, I don't know where the photo my friend took is, lol. I'm sure it's floating around somewhere, but I don't have it in any of my files, haha.
    But anyway, seriously, if that cow had actually gone through with the arrest, I'd have been fucked at that age. With the first arrest that actually made it to court, I was luckily still 2 weeks away from turning 18, so it didn't stick to my record at the end of the day.
    So yeah.... yay legalization.
    brutal. after the headstones show last saturday, my wife and some friends went to a club. one of the friends got us in the VIP entrance, and the security guard searched my wife's purse. Fuck me if I didn't put a joint in there (and we had just smoked another one prior to arriving at the entrance) but the guard didn't bat an eye. My wife insists she saw it, but didn't care. i was impressed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Reality check: Did the Liberals create 60% more full-time jobs than the Tories?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4405586/canada-job-creation-liberals/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNews
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Another Manitoba First Nation claims discrimination at hands of Hydro workers

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-hydro-discrimination-grand-rapids-misipawistik-cree-nation-1.4801329?cmp=FB_Post_News

Maybe the Manitoba premier can come back from Costa Rica and call a public enquiry...disgusting.

For once I'd love to see someone held accountable...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    TalonTedd said:
    Has pot been legalized yet? I can't wait to grow some plants in the garden rite next to my conservative cop neighbor.
    You are the same fuck that would bitch if a cop didn’t show up quick enough if your neighbor’s dog shit in your yard.  Quit acting all tough guy.  Cops have a tough job and you probably have never spent time with your neighbor to know how he feels on the subject of pot.  But continue on acting like you are the baddest ass around.
    My father was a cop for eighteen year.  He and everyone of his know it all partners were dicks of the highest extreme.  He put me in a cell for hours one day for no reason other than to tell me this is where you'll end up one day if you don't smarten up.  Used to whip the shit out of me for the smallest thing.  No patience whatsoever.  No guidance of any meaningful kind.  Hell, used to say all rock stars were flags.  I could on and on but what's the use.  You sound like a complete ass.  As for tough guy....anytime fucko.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    TalonTedd said:
    TalonTedd said:
    Has pot been legalized yet? I can't wait to grow some plants in the garden rite next to my conservative cop neighbor.
    You are the same fuck that would bitch if a cop didn’t show up quick enough if your neighbor’s dog shit in your yard.  Quit acting all tough guy.  Cops have a tough job and you probably have never spent time with your neighbor to know how he feels on the subject of pot.  But continue on acting like you are the baddest ass around.
    My father was a cop for eighteen year.  He and everyone of his know it all partners were dicks of the highest extreme.  He put me in a cell for hours one day for no reason other than to tell me this is where you'll end up one day if you don't smarten up.  Used to whip the shit out of me for the smallest thing.  No patience whatsoever.  No guidance of any meaningful kind.  Hell, used to say all rock stars were flags.  I could on and on but what's the use.  You sound like a complete ass.  As for tough guy....anytime fucko.
    Just want to say some good stuff about the old man...
    He grew up in poverty.  He went after his dreams.  First cop of a seven generation canadian family.   He opened a boxing club and eventually became an Olympic coach and very respected member of the Toronto community. After the 84 Los Angeles games he left the force.  He soon became a much better man.  Not great but much better.  I have come to terms with his actions and hold no grudges.  He went after his dreams and I won't sanction him for it.  He provided for us and although he was almost never home between copping and boxing.  He went after his legacy.  
    From all this I learned lessons and have made decisions.  I followed his footsteps in no way.  Not interested in becoming a cop nor coaching everybody else kids.  I write this as I watch my youngest play baseball.  Never have I ever layed a hand on my children n anger.  Only ever in laughing play.  Never call them stupid or any of that demeaning ego crushing shit.  Come home everyday and spend my time with my wife and children.  I have my dad to thank for my happy satisfaction as a father.  He showed me his way and I show him mine.
    I love and forgive you dad.  You sit in front of a TV for hours alone and you go on trips alone because maybe you feel some guilt.  I don't know for sure but if that is the case...here is some wise words from one of those fag rock stars....
    You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets
    Or you can come to term and realize your the only one who cannot forgive yourself oh yeah
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.  

I forgive you

P.S.  Come spend time meaningful time with your grandboys.  Time waits for no one.
    That felt very therapeutic.   Thanks Blackhawk.  If it wasn't for your completely ignorant comment about what I know or don't the inspiration may have never come.

• PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

90s hair lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
     As uncertain as the future would look.  I'm getting to thinking it time to go all in on NAFTA and call Donald's hand.  Let's abandoned the deal.  And drop it all on Donald's lap.
    Cant stand being Donald's pathetic pinup for Deal destruction.   He smears the national relationship to mud.  I thought it couldn't get worse than W.  Then would be gangster Donald gets the keys to the Hotel.
    I think this could be a real nation building moment for us.  Not on the level of Nov 11 proportions.  Standing up to the miscreant and his frightened little followers would make me proud. Could you imagine the show our personable Prime guy could do with this.

Let's face it.  The next administration would more than likely immediately apologize for all this crap and put things right in no time.
    And if they didn't....then we would be well on our way with making the changes that will make things better.

Donald is pointing at us.  We need to show the world what we're made of and stand up to the golden miscreant.  
    I support no deal over a bad deal.  And the only way to wash this clean is to leave it up to the next White House.  Non of this is Canadas doing.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    TalonTedd said:
    That felt very therapeutic.   Thanks Blackhawk.  If it wasn't for your completely ignorant comment about what I know or don't the inspiration may have never come.

Hard to know just how to respond to what you've shared, but I'm glad it felt therapeutic. You've said a lot of wise things here. That sort of wisdom often comes from pain. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • TalonTedd said:
     As uncertain as the future would look.  I'm getting to thinking it time to go all in on NAFTA and call Donald's hand.  Let's abandoned the deal.  And drop it all on Donald's lap.
    Cant stand being Donald's pathetic pinup for Deal destruction.   He smears the national relationship to mud.  I thought it couldn't get worse than W.  Then would be gangster Donald gets the keys to the Hotel.
    I think this could be a real nation building moment for us.  Not on the level of Nov 11 proportions.  Standing up to the miscreant and his frightened little followers would make me proud. Could you imagine the show our personable Prime guy could do with this.

Let's face it.  The next administration would more than likely immediately apologize for all this crap and put things right in no time.
    And if they didn't....then we would be well on our way with making the changes that will make things better.

Donald is pointing at us.  We need to show the world what we're made of and stand up to the golden miscreant.  
    I support no deal over a bad deal.  And the only way to wash this clean is to leave it up to the next White House.  Non of this is Canadas doing.
    I agree.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I am no fan of NAFTA...

But ALL the experts say it will be bad for Ontario's Auto sector if we are left out of a new trade deal or worse if tariffs are slapped on the Auto sector. 

As much as I like talontedd idea of just walking away and telling Trump to go fuck  him self I don't think Ontario manufacturers will wait 2 years.  Thousands of Ontario jobs could be at stake if we can not get a negotiated settlement.  

He needs us on the deal this week in order to submit the new agreement to congress.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Canada, U.S. planning all-night NAFTA negotiations as optimism for a deal grows

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-nafta-lighthizer-washington-1.4802992

It appears that negotiators are working hard to get a deal.  I am optimistic for a deal.  No deal and tariffs placed on our sector would be bad...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    TalonTedd said:

It is therapeutic.  I have been in counselling in the past, and my therapist recommends keeping a journal...she says writing your thoughts down are therapeutic.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I thought BC was this great liberal province and Ontario was this old conservative province...and you got busted in BC ... lol

Nope never had a problem with the authorities, none of my buddies either. But I live in small towns for most of my life ... small town cops are usually much cooler than those over stressed cops forced to work in cities (cesspools essential).

Legalization will not curtail criminal activity in Canada.  Because the government is fucking greedy...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    TalonTedd said:
    TalonTedd said:
    TalonTedd said:
    Just want to say some good stuff about the old man...
    He grew up in poverty.  He went after his dreams.  First cop of a seven generation canadian family.   He opened a boxing club and eventually became an Olympic coach and very respected member of the Toronto community. After the 84 Los Angeles games he left the force.  He soon became a much better man.  Not great but much better.  I have come to terms with his actions and hold no grudges.  He went after his dreams and I won't sanction him for it.  He provided for us and although he was almost never home between copping and boxing.  He went after his legacy.  
    From all this I learned lessons and have made decisions.  I followed his footsteps in no way.  Not interested in becoming a cop nor coaching everybody else kids.  I write this as I watch my youngest play baseball.  Never have I ever layed a hand on my children n anger.  Only ever in laughing play.  Never call them stupid or any of that demeaning ego crushing shit.  Come home everyday and spend my time with my wife and children.  I have my dad to thank for my happy satisfaction as a father.  He showed me his way and I show him mine.
    I love and forgive you dad.  You sit in front of a TV for hours alone and you go on trips alone because maybe you feel some guilt.  I don't know for sure but if that is the case...here is some wise words from one of those fag rock stars....
    You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets
    Or you can come to term and realize your the only one who cannot forgive yourself oh yeah
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.  

I forgive you

P.S.  Come spend time meaningful time with your grandboys.  Time waits for no one.
    thank you for this. this post actually will help me as a father myself. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2018
    I thought BC was this great liberal province and Ontario was this old conservative province...and you got busted in BC ... lol

Nope never had a problem with the authorities, none of my buddies either. But I live in small towns for most of my life ... small town cops are usually much cooler than those over stressed cops forced to work in cities (cesspools essential).

Legalization will not curtail criminal activity in Canada.  Because the government is fucking greedy...
    Metro Vancouver is not a cesspool and the cops didn't do it because of stress. They seemed to do it because they were bored.