Missoula Poster

Comments

• blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    Which had an appealing candidate last time?
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    If you're asking me, neither. I'm agreeing with you. 
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    edited August 2018
    pjl44 said:
    It is early....still need coffee.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018
    Having a red hat embroidered today that says “Make America Read Again”... 

Solely as performance art / social experiment to see who is triggered into outrage without actually reading the hat.  =)
    Ahh...so you're looking for confrontation but selling it as a social experiment. That's quite clever...or not.
    How is that looking for confrontation? 

When folks yell yell at me, point to the hat. Lesson in paying attention and jumping to conclusions. Seems illogical to demand respect for opinions on a poster then attack someone for opinions expressed on a hat, no?

Perhaps this will help people learn to pay attention and/or think twice before attacking someone who they perceive, on the surface, to have differing opinions than them.. before getting to know the whole story. 

Im not too worried about physical confrontation as only insane people with no life would hit someone over a hat.... and PJ fans are good folks who treat each other with respect  =)
    I feel the difference is the poster was a statement from the band.

So... which if these statements do you disagree with? 

1) the band has a right to make a statement but not it’s fans.

2) There was no intent to provoke thought through controversy behind an image of the POTUS deceased and being picked apart by an eagle on the White House steps? 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Jvollman said:
    Hopefully all these hypocrites who are enraged do not attend this weekend and thin out the GA pit!!  

Perhaps the poster went a bit too far? I was not a fan of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense, but does the band have to stoop to the moronic GOP level of discourse?

Saying that, would love to hear anyone in the band publicly invite any trump supporter to stay home at the away shows or even all future PJ shows 
    you win the internet for the most ignorant post of the day!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    It is early....still need coffee.
    I know that feeling well
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    People, move this shit down to AMT. Or go down there to discuss.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    There is no way Sirius cancels the PJ channel.  They would lose so much money it makes no sense.  It's 1 freaking poster - I have no political party and no harm no foul.  We all have the right to free expression correct?
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    TH113769 said:
    There is no way Sirius cancels the PJ channel.  They would lose so much money it makes no sense.  It's 1 freaking poster - I have no political party and no harm no foul.  We all have the right to free expression correct?
    Agreed 100% 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    TH113769 said:

And by today's standard of "outrage", this will be forgotten in a week, 2 weeks tops by most of the world. Something else will happen that's MORE outrageous that upsets Trump supporters that will take priority.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Jvollman said:
    Hopefully all these hypocrites who are enraged do not attend this weekend and thin out the GA pit!!  

Perhaps the poster went a bit too far? I was not a fan of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense, but does the band have to stoop to the moronic GOP level of discourse?

Saying that, would love to hear anyone in the band publicly invite any trump supporter to stay home at the away shows or even all future PJ shows 
    you win the internet for the most ignorant post of the day!
    Yes absolutely 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    AMT please.  I ignore both dems and repubs like the plague. 
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Having a red hat embroidered today that says “Make America Read Again”... 

Solely as performance art / social experiment to see who is triggered into outrage without actually reading the hat.  =)
    FUCKING AWESOME lol. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    AMT please.  I ignore both dems and repubs like the plague. 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    unknown said:
    so i really want that poster for my collection, is there anyone offering it online besides ebay ? does the
    artist sell it on their site?  any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    I don't love it so I may sell mine.   Hit me up after the Boston shows, when all the dust settles.  I try to frame everything and I don't see framing this one up.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

so keep voting tRump....see if I care
    Keep being a sucker and voting for the D machine.  I am voting neither R nor D so your idea I am voting R is ludicrous.  Just trying to find blame with someone else for making their own decision.  
    Our Constitution was set up for a two party system.  Elections without a majority in the college go to the House to decide (see election of 1824).  Therefore, your third party stand is admirable, but unfortunately will never be fruitful.  While there are many things where I disagree with the Democrats, the current administration makes me puke.  A vote for a House or Senate candidate that is third party, if in a red district, will only protect the president.  I can't abide by that personally, as I'm more aligned with the Democratic social issues.  
  • jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Politics, man...  I don't know.  I've certainly run the whole gambit during the corse of my life going from uninvolved to caring too much. I too lament the lack of civility and manors in the modern approach to politics.  I always want to take the high road for some reason.  But what ends up happening is Trump.  While people are busy taking the high road someone like this can swoop in and appeal to less dignified sides of people...and then all of a sudden he is President of the United States.
    So now I say bring the fight, because I believe my ideals and the country I was born in and strive to be a part of is worth fighting for.  It can get ugly, but sitting on the sidelines waiting for civility in politics is a waste of time.
    I like the print.  I think people who voted for a misogynistic reality tv star should be ashamed, and I will bring that to light as much as possible.  Perhaps a cartoon image of Trump being picked apart by a bald eagle while the country he was responsible for burns behind him is too much of a reality check for his supporters.  Perhaps the print calls for people to think...and they just don't want to do that.
    This is Trump's America.  He can't use sexist, bigoted divisive rhetoric to get elected then whine when the tables get turned.
    edited August 2018
    mrussel1 said:

so keep voting tRump....see if I care
    Keep being a sucker and voting for the D machine.  I am voting neither R nor D so your idea I am voting R is ludicrous.  Just trying to find blame with someone else for making their own decision.  
    Our Constitution was set up for a two party system.  Elections without a majority in the college go to the House to decide (see election of 1824).  Therefore, your third party stand is admirable, but unfortunately will never be fruitful.  While there are many things where I disagree with the Democrats, the current administration makes me puke.  A vote for a House or Senate candidate that is third party, if in a red district, will only protect the president.  I can't abide by that personally, as I'm more aligned with the Democratic social issues.  
    Um no. 

Out first President ran as independent.

We only recently settled into this Repub v Democrat system over the last 100 years or so. The system was not set up to be this, it has evolved into this becuase people accept it.

That can and Will be undone someday. 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Politics, man...  I don't know.  I've certainly run the whole gambit during the corse of my life going from uninvolved to caring too much. I too lament the lack of civility and manors in the modern approach to politics.  I always want to take the high road for some reason.  But what ends up happening is Trump.  While people are busy taking the high road someone like this can swoop in and appeal to less dignified sides of people...and then all of a sudden he is President of the United States.
    So now I say bring the fight, because I believe my ideals and the country I was born in and strive to be a part of is worth fighting for.  It can get ugly, but sitting on the sidelines waiting for civility in politics is a waste of time.
    I like the print.  I think people who voted for a misogynistic reality tv star should be ashamed, and I will bring that to light as much as possible.  Perhaps a cartoon image of Trump being picked apart by a bald eagle while the country he was responsible for burns behind him is too much of a reality check for his supporters.  Perhaps the print calls for people to think...and they just don't want to do that.
    This is Trump's America.  He can't use sexist, bigoted divisive rhetoric to get elected then whine when the tables get turned.
    Bravo 
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    awesome posterX2
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 88
    I'll add something from the outside looking in (Ireland).

It is absolutely mental that a positive, encouraging movement to tackle homelessness hardly received any news traction nationally yet a simple poster from the same band is front page news.

American priorities and the constant barage of negative press over positive astounds me.
    KidAOK said:

It is absolutely mental that a positive, encouraging movement to tackle homelessness hardly received any news traction nationally yet a simple poster from the same band is front page news.

American priorities and the constant barage of negative press over positive astounds me.
    Couldn’t agree more. It’s another side effect of our incredibly polarized two party system. People are being conditioned to draw sides and attack the other. Anything sensationalistic that reenforces one side vs the other gets clicks... clicks sell ads.... ads pay salaries. 

It’s insanity. Anyone thinking this system is anything but Broken is a fool, IMO. 

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    KidAOK said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s another side effect of our incredibly polarized two party system. People are being conditioned to draw sides and attack the other. Anything sensationalistic that reenforces one side vs the other gets clicks... clicks sell ads.... ads pay salaries. 

It’s insanity. Anyone thinking this system is anything but Broken is a fool, IMO. 
    This isn’t a both sides are the same issue. This poster thing got legs because right wing media that feeds trump’s base took it and dictated a reaction from the base. They all predictably followed suit like always. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    KidAOK said:

Americans love, and live for, drama.  We are a nation that looks up to, praises, and markets Kardashians, Sister Wives, Duggars, Octomoms, Teen Moms, and Apprentices.  Even in "news" media we glorify conflict, being argumentative, and lashing out. It's SAD!

• tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    Absolutely both sides pull the exact same nonsense to get their supporters to act and react accordingly.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Any and everything trump makes $$. Every news story, every podcast, every book someone writes, every poster, every skit, every omarosa, Comey, whoever else’s scandal books there are out there.  This poster is art, and although Bobby may have taken down his Instagram or whatever else he had, he’s psyched that it worked like all those other things mentioned above.

not sure where I’m going with this but yeah.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    edited August 2018
    tubes10s said:
    Absolutely both sides pull the exact same nonsense to get their supporters to act and react accordingly.  
    I don’t remember the other ‘side’ referencing an musicians poster as a violent affront to past presidents and then liberals responding with equal outrage. 
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    tubes10s said:
    I don’t remember the other ‘side’ referencing an musicians poster as a violent affront to past presidents and then liberals responding with equal outrage. 
    hahaha.... yeah let's pretend that my comment was specifically about a poster!  the right and the left love to promote whatever shiny object that gets the biggest negative reaction against those who disagree with them.  sensationalism baby!
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    KidAOK said:

Americans love, and live for, drama.  We are a nation that looks up to, praises, and markets Kardashians, Sister Wives, Duggars, Octomoms, Teen Moms, and Apprentices.  Even in "news" media we glorify conflict, being argumentative, and lashing out. It's SAD!

And this, sadly, is why Trump is the president this country deserves. Not the one it needs. But the one it deserves. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

There are lots of Trump voters who also voted for Obama. Many people who need to be persuaded away if you're hoping for a change in 2020. Finding new ways daily to tell them to go fuck themselves is not a step in the right direction. 
    There are also lots of people who voted tRump that won't again... And many who voted 3rd party in protest that won't again 
    I hope you're right.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"