Options

Missoula Poster

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    whats the ranking of the posters for 2018?  As a not too avid poster collector my opinion is probably not the consensus but I think that even though Mumford Boston, Brown Boston, and Padove were spectacular prints, the Ament/bones signed Missoula given the politics behind it will probably be at the top, right? Wrong?
    This was the best poster of the summer tours, IMO.

Is that klausen? Feel like I’ve seen those circle guys before.  It’s ok.  FF are a complete joke though, in the same realm as Hanson to me, so I was more talking good bands like PJ :)
    Just curious... what about the Foo Fighters is a complete joke? 
    Well Dave grohl, of nirvana fame, went on to make that music.  I feel like he gets his fame from nirvana but ff music is just well, silly sounding.  There goes your heroes, etc.  it’s all just a bit silly to me.  Just can’t get behind their music- their attire is rock, their image is rock, but the music is like pop with distortion and silly lyrics.  Don’t get me wrong, they have a following and do really well obviously but it’s just not my cup of tea- I just see them as kind of silly and youngish focuses or something, I don’t know
    They’re a rock band.  And it sounds like all of the things you list as shortcomings are common to all rock bands.  It is rock and roll after all.  It’s supposed to be fun.  I get if you don’t care for them.  Music is a matter of taste.  I just don’t understand why they are a complete joke. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    whats the ranking of the posters for 2018?  As a not too avid poster collector my opinion is probably not the consensus but I think that even though Mumford Boston, Brown Boston, and Padove were spectacular prints, the Ament/bones signed Missoula given the politics behind it will probably be at the top, right? Wrong?

Is that klausen? Feel like I’ve seen those circle guys before.  It’s ok.  FF are a complete joke though, in the same realm as Hanson to me, so I was more talking good bands like PJ :)
    Well Dave grohl, of nirvana fame, went on to make that music.  I feel like he gets his fame from nirvana but ff music is just well, silly sounding.  There goes your heroes, etc.  it’s all just a bit silly to me.  Just can’t get behind their music- their attire is rock, their image is rock, but the music is like pop with distortion and silly lyrics.  Don’t get me wrong, they have a following and do really well obviously but it’s just not my cup of tea- I just see them as kind of silly and youngish focuses or something, I don’t know
    So what you're saying is you think they are a little silly?

leep
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    leep75 said:
    on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:

So what you're saying is you think they are a little silly?
    I've always thought they were pop rock and they didn't take themselves very seriously.  Watch some of their videos for further evidence.  There's nothing wrong with that.  If they came out in the early 70's, they would be a tier 3 band probably, but because rock is so weak now, they seem great.  I like them.  I see them once on every tour and have for a while.  I always enjoy it.  Yes it's a greatest hits set, but the reality is that their deep cuts aren't that great.  So the greatest hits works.  You never leave feeling cheated, that's for sure.  
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,841
    demetrios said:
    Signed Jeff & Bobby print from 10club shipped out!
    That’s cool! I thought they weren’t shipping until October or something.
    I thought they weren't either. Pretty sweet they got them out early. :)
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    It means we might actually get them before Canada Post goes on strike next week. Huge!
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:

They’re a rock band.  And it sounds like all of the things you list as shortcomings are common to all rock bands.  It is rock and roll after all.  It’s supposed to be fun.  I get if you don’t care for them.  Music is a matter of taste.  I just don’t understand why they are a complete joke. 
    Don’t worry yourself over it, it’s not a big deal.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    I have my fingers crossed that Bobby draws a skull and Jeff does something cool as well.  I’ve seen the AP’s on the bay and some have skulls and some don’t, seems to be random.  I threw out huge cash for this version to a seller on the bay so hoping it’s special.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited September 2018

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Hilarious. This was a poster that no one wanted at the show.. it has a little pub in the news and its a grail now for some reason. I would guess that the show versions will be plentiful in the shop because they were not well liked at the show. But you never know, 10C may auction them off one by one to make a little extra bank.
    I have no problems with the message, but it's just not that great of a poster.  I picked up one at the show because I was there only, but it's definitely 'meh'.  The flying tractor makes it goofy to me.  
    I think the only thing I like about it aesthetically is the goofiness, lol. It's a hilarious poster, even though the art is pretty bad IMO. So it's unattractive but makes me laugh. I wouldn't put it on my wall personally because of the poor art, not because of the goofiness... even though I really like and agree with the message.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetrios said:

i dont buy posters anymore but i am a fan of this print.
    its got some cool stuff happening including that eye in the middle of the triangle thing  ;)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don’t worry yourself over it, it’s not a big deal.
    Not worried about it.  Just wondering if there was any thought behind the comment. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RyGuy said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    It means we might actually get them before Canada Post goes on strike next week. Huge!
    Crossing fingers no strike from Canada Post. 
  • Options
    Did anyone receive the signed Jeff & Bobby print yet from 10club?
  • Options
    mine got to my post office this morning, so today or tomorrow.  impressive since I live on the east coast.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    demetrios said:
    RyGuy said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    What's Canada Post holding out  for? More money I presume?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    RyGuy said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    What's Canada Post holding out  for? More money I presume?
    Urban vs rural paid workers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4442896/canada-post-strike-key-facts/

The heart of the dispute has to do with how postal workers in urban and rural areas are paid.

Urban letter carriers are paid by the hour while their rural counterparts are paid based on the size of their route, which clocks in at less than the carriers make being paid hourly.

Given that most rural letter carriers are women and most urban letter carriers are men, that difference in pay structure led an arbitrator to review the matter and order the union for the postal workers and Canada Post to come up with a new collective agreement to fix the pay inequity by the end of August 2018.

The sides did not meet that deadline

• Options
    leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    demetrios said:
    Did anyone receive the signed Jeff & Bobby print yet from 10club?
    Mine is in my hometown post office this morning, so hopefully I'll have it today.

leep
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    We'll I can see the argument and by the sounds of it, most likely there will a strike
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    I love this poster would love to have a copy ,this is good art and i love that it has the fuck up getting poked in the eye and cant wait till he us out of office .he is such a bad human6

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I just un-tubed my AP - this is even cooler than the pictures make it out to be - and I scored a low #!!!
  • Options
    I just un-tubed my AP - this is even cooler than the pictures make it out to be - and I scored a low #!!!
    That’s hot
  • Options
    That’s hot
    right
  • Options
    That’s hot
    right
    Did you get any doodles or skulls or fun stuff?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    That’s hot
    right
    nope - maybe that will be on the TEN CLUB AP that's on the way ;)
  • Options
    That’s hot
    right
    nope - maybe that will be on the TEN CLUB AP that's on the way ;)
    Yep, that one will be the dope king.  Wow you bought both, though? You’re an animal.  Flip flip flip!
  • Options

this is confusing Buck.  How is that poster any different than Bruce Springsteen comments which led to the record destruction?
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    would really love to have that poster
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

this is confusing Buck.  How is that poster any different than Bruce Springsteen comments which led to the record destruction?

mrussel1 said:

The poster is an example of why I love the United States and the other is someone saying he is “ashamed or embarrassed” to be an American. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

The poster is an example of why I love the United States and the other is someone saying he is “ashamed or embarrassed” to be an American. 
    Fair enough.  
  • Options
    Just saw a signed Jeff & Bobby print over on Facebook. It's not numbered. Both sigs in pencil unlike Bobby's AP edition of 100 sold with F4Dreams that were in black marker.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    demetrios said:
    Just saw a signed Jeff & Bobby print over on Facebook. It's not numbered. Both sigs in pencil unlike Bobby's AP edition of 100 sold with F4Dreams that were in black marker.
    This is exactly how mine arrived today. In pencil and not numbered.