Options

Missoula Poster

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Bias needs to be proven. In this case that he fabricated some sort of evidence or did something intentional to sway the investigation some way. Thinking trump is a loser and not wanting him as president isn’t bias, it’s thinking normally. 
    Yes you think that's thinking normally. I think that's thinking normally. But you understand why people that support Trump would jump all over this. Frankly, it's best he's gone so that they can't use this as a way to discredit the Mueller report. They will anyway, but it will be pretty baseless. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    kenk said:
    Is it a violation of Strzok's first amendment rights? Those texts certainly show bias against Trump. Can't say I blame him, but doesn't that bias make him unable to fairly investigate either Trump or Hillary?
    What democrat isn't biased towards republicans and vice versa. I like my candidate so i am biased against yours. Same way I am biased towards the scumbag Yankees as I am a Red Sox fan. That is natural. Doesn't mean it has to effect your job and how you carry it out.
    Really? I'm  no Trump supporter but he literally said he was going to do something to stop Trump from being elected. It did affect his job and he worked to carry it out. That's extremely troubling if our FBI and CIA is using their political party affiliation to try to affect the election. Is that any different than colluding with the Russians? Or that's OK because he was an American citizen and you don't like Trump?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    edited August 2018
    It seems that some people need to look to Strzok for the definition of bias, because they really don't seem to understand, and he managed to define it very well during that hearing. Having an opinion is not the same as being biased folks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:
    Is it a violation of Strzok's first amendment rights? Those texts certainly show bias against Trump. Can't say I blame him, but doesn't that bias make him unable to fairly investigate either Trump or Hillary?
    What democrat isn't biased towards republicans and vice versa. I like my candidate so i am biased against yours. Same way I am biased towards the scumbag Yankees as I am a Red Sox fan. That is natural. Doesn't mean it has to effect your job and how you carry it out.
    Really? I'm  no Trump supporter but he literally said he was going to do something to stop Trump from being elected. It did affect his job and he worked to carry it out. That's extremely troubling if our FBI and CIA is using their political party affiliation to try to affect the election. Is that any different than colluding with the Russians? Or that's OK because he was an American citizen and you don't like Trump?

If the FBI was in the bag for Clinton, they very easily could have let the public know Trump was being investigated.

Instead they kept it under wraps, and did the opposite: suggested they were going to re-open the Clinton investigation right before the election.

That's a real funny way of trying to sabotage Trump's campaign.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

If the FBI was in the bag for Clinton, they very easily could have let the public know Trump was being investigated.

Instead they kept it under wraps, and did the opposite: suggested they were going to re-open the Clinton investigation right before the election.

But at that time everybody except Trump knew Clinton was going to win. You have to remember how wide of a margin Clinton was ahead in the polls. If it was a tight race, it would have never happened. My opinion is they were getting 2 steps ahead of Trump thinking about what Trump was going to do when he lost. 
    That's the kind of aholes we have in our government, it really sucks to think people are conspiring like that. Im sure Republicans were doing the same things but didn't send a blatant text message. smh
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

But at that time everybody except Trump knew Clinton was going to win. You have to remember how wide of a margin Clinton was ahead in the polls. If it was a tight race, it would have never happened.

So in your previous statement, you said Strzok 'worked to carry it out' (stopping Trump that is). In what way did he work to achieve that?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely asking, as I have yet to hear or read about what he did to stop Trump from getting elected.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Oh my god people no one gives a shit.  Let it go.  I just woke up from a nap and opened this thread and ya’ll are carrying on still.  Your lives aren’t going to change whether or not stzrok still has his job.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

But at that time everybody except Trump knew Clinton was going to win. You have to remember how wide of a margin Clinton was ahead in the polls. If it was a tight race, it would have never happened.

So in your previous statement, you said Strzok 'worked to carry it out' (stopping Trump that is). In what way did he work to achieve that?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely asking, as I have yet to hear or read about what he did to stop Trump from getting elected.

Same way that the Russians affected the election. Ive yet to find one person who voted for Trump that says they made a mistake and wish they can change their vote because of Russian influence. I don't know if he knew about the fake dossier, but if I see a member of the FBI texting statements about stopping a candidate, it just doesn't sit well with me. Try to look at it from an independent view instead of through your Trumphate glasses.
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    edited August 2018
    I LOVE THAT PEARL JAM IS CAUSING A STIR AGAIN. Love it

I love it as well, you have nothing on pj for making art and that it lets roll

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    I never get posters from shows I don't attend, but I want this one.  Hope some pop up in the 10 club storeyek i want one as well

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    Oh my god people no one gives a shit.  Let it go.  I just woke up from a nap and opened this thread and ya’ll are carrying on still.  Your lives aren’t going to change whether or not stzrok still has his job.  
    Yeah, some people do give a shit. I think you meant to say "I don't give a shit" maybe? If that's the case, this post of yours is probably very unnecessary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    As long as people are having a respectful discussion about it, whats wrong with it? 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, some people do give a shit. I think you meant to say "I don't give a shit" maybe? If that's the case, this post of yours is probably very unnecessary.
    Thanks for your input from another country!
  • Options
    teskeinc said:
    As long as people are having a respectful discussion about it, whats wrong with it? 
    It belongs in AMT
  • Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

Same way that the Russians affected the election. Ive yet to find one person who voted for Trump that says they made a mistake and wish they can change their vote because of Russian influence. I don't know if he was responsible for the fake dossier, but if I see a member of the FBI texting statements about stopping a candidate, it just doesn't sit well with me. Try to look at it from an independent view instead of through your Trumphate glasses.

None of what you said is an actual example of him working 'to carry it out' as you previously said. All I asked for was some examples.

• Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

Same way that the Russians affected the election. Ive yet to find one person who voted for Trump that says they made a mistake and wish they can change their vote because of Russian influence. I don't know if he was responsible for the fake dossier, but if I see a member of the FBI texting statements about stopping a candidate, it just doesn't sit well with me. Try to look at it from an independent view instead of through your Trumphate glasses.

None of what you said is an actual example of him working 'to carry it out' as you previously said. All I asked for was some examples.

The IG confirmed that a high ranking government intel official (Strzok) conspired to affect the outcome of a US election. You don't actually have to do anything, you are guilty of conspiracy. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

The height of hypocrisy! As we have a current administration that does not care at all about this country. A president with no integrity or morals calling everyone names like he is in 8th grade. I love that they call those on the left snowflakes yet they get bent out of shape on anything.

A friend of mine texted me a link Fox News is currently running a front page article about it quoting Pearl Jam fans as saying they will no longer listen to this "loser band"

Now this is what we wanted exsposer so people or dumb asses that voted for trump can learn, its also funny that its working

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks for your input from another country!
    Oh god, not that line again, lol!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

Same way that the Russians affected the election. Ive yet to find one person who voted for Trump that says they made a mistake and wish they can change their vote because of Russian influence. I don't know if he knew about the fake dossier, but if I see a member of the FBI texting statements about stopping a candidate, it just doesn't sit well with me. Try to look at it from an independent view instead of through your Trumphate glasses.
    If you’re calling it a fake dossier, then you’re not looking at it fom an independent perspective. There is no evidence that it’s fake
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:

so keep voting tRump....see if I care
    Keep being a sucker and voting for the D machine.  I am voting neither R nor D so your idea I am voting R is ludicrous.  Just trying to find blame with someone else for making their own decision.  
    Our Constitution was set up for a two party system.  Elections without a majority in the college go to the House to decide (see election of 1824).  Therefore, your third party stand is admirable, but unfortunately will never be fruitful.  While there are many things where I disagree with the Democrats, the current administration makes me puke.  A vote for a House or Senate candidate that is third party, if in a red district, will only protect the president.  I can't abide by that personally, as I'm more aligned with the Democratic social issues.  
    Um no. 

Out first President ran as independent.

We only recently settled into this Repub v Democrat system over the last 100 years or so. The system was not set up to be this, it has evolved into this becuase people accept it.

That can and Will be undone someday. 
    Um yes, you are misunderstanding American History, at least the nuance of it.  Washington, is a clear outlier as he won ALL electoral votes in both of his elections.  He essentially ran unopposed.  So I don't know how you can rationally claim him as an "independent", as if he it was like Ross Perot was elected.  While there were not two formal parties, there were Federalists and anti-Federalists, who advocated for or against the Constitution's ratification.  
    The party system was codified through the 12th Amendment in 1803.  It created the intentional system of having a party ticket.  This was not a problem in during the first two elections because it was Washington, but the issues created in during the following election, with a President and VP of different mindsets, paralyzed the gov't.  
    Then Madison organized the Democratic - Republicans (not related to the same today) and elected Jefferson in 1804.  There were lots of parties formed and dissolved during the 19th century, not early 20th as you state.  

• Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

If you’re calling it a fake dossier, then you’re not looking at it fom an independent perspective. There is no evidence that it’s fake
    You might want to investigate it a little more. It’s been reported that there were false statements included to implicate Trump. So I guess fake is the wrong term, since it was real, it’s just untrue
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

You might want to investigate it a little more. It’s been reported that there were false statements included to implicate Trump. So I guess fake is the wrong term, since it was real, it’s just untrue
    I’ve looked into it. Maybe I missed the false statements. Which ones were those? 

• Options
    MW3384MW3384 Posts: 122
    There are a lot more Pearl Jam fans that are Trump supporters then some believe maybe even the band; not saying I am; however, I can see how these fans feel alienated between graphic posters and Ed’s rants about Trump. I will say the Trump tax cuts saved my family’s business and 20 employees from losing their job. Obama’s policies of healthcare and over regulation of small business almost caused our 50 year old business to shut down. I also believe there are a number of Pearl Jam fans that will just follow the bands ideas on politics just because their fans. Let’s be clear “it’s a rock the vote for Democrats ideals not a just get out and vote” concert. I am a libertarian but can see both sides. I will say it’s a shame that someone can’t be a Pearl Jam fan and support the other side without being alienated.  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. At the Chicago shows maybe Pearl Jam will focus their efforts on bringing down a corrupt mayor who is allowing more murders of young black youth than anywhere in the country with the strictest gun control in the US. I guess the theme for the next posters should be dead black youth scattered in the streets with the mayor of Chicago holding a gun. 
  • Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

I’ve looked into it. Maybe I missed the false statements. Which ones were those? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/01/13/the-trump-dossier-is-false-news-and-heres-why/amp/
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    MW3384 said:
    There are a lot more Pearl Jam fans that are Trump supporters then some believe maybe even the band; not saying I am; however, I can see how these fans feel alienated between graphic posters and Ed’s rants about Trump. I will say the Trump tax cuts saved my family’s business and 20 employees from losing their job. Obama’s policies of healthcare and over regulation of small business almost caused our 50 year old business to shut down. I also believe there are a number of Pearl Jam fans that will just follow the bands ideas on politics just because their fans. Let’s be clear “it’s a rock the vote for Democrats ideals not a just get out and vote” concert. I am a libertarian but can see both sides. I will say it’s a shame that someone can’t be a Pearl Jam fan and support the other side without being alienated.  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. At the Chicago shows maybe Pearl Jam will focus their efforts on bringing down a corrupt mayor who is allowing more murders of young black youth than anywhere in the country with the strictest gun control in the US. I guess the theme for the next posters should be dead black youth scattered in the streets with the mayor of Chicago holding a gun. 
    Sure, anyone with facts can deny that Trump has done more for the economy than Obama. The rate of economic growth has not improved, nor has the rate of addition of new jobs. The economy has been good and improving for quite some time now. Trump supporters would be more credible if they acknowledged that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MW3384 said:
    If Trump supporters are going to be fans of Pearl Jam, I would think they'd expect Pearl Jam to be anti-Trump. Them being anti-Trump is the most predictable thing of all time probably (besides Trump tweeting inappropriately). So if any of them feel alienated, I would say that's 100% their fault.
    And yes, there is definitely denying that Trump has done more in 2 years than Obama did in 8. I deny that claim 100% and I think a whole lot of other people, including Pearl Jam, would too (not to mention factual evidence). But there is no denying that Trump has done more damage to America in 1.5 years than Obama did in 8. So there ya go. We can not deny all kinds of things.... Including how unsurprising PJ's position on Trump is. If Trump supporting PJ fans are suddenly disappointed or alienated now, then they must have been deluding themselves up until now.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MW3384 said:
    Sure, cut taxes long term for businesses and short term for people while not touching entitlements.  Balloon the deficit, create a trade war while bailing out the farmers with a 12 billion dollar aid package to protect the votes.  Launch more drone strikes in 18 months than Obama did in 8 years, killing thousands of innocents.   I think I read about all of these objectives on the Ron Paul institute website... sheesh..some Libertarian.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    kenk said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/01/13/the-trump-dossier-is-false-news-and-heres-why/amp/
    18 month old opinion article.  I think you need to catch up with something a bit more contemporaneous.  
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,485
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BS44325 said:
    Rumors are SiriusXM may cancel PJ radio over backlash from Missoula poster..
    Can I be the conservative who says that this would be so dumb. Just like it was so dumb for radio stations to ban the dixie chicks and/or Kanye. Just like it's so dumb to ban Alex Jones. Just like it's so dumb for social media to ban/shadow ban thought they don't like. Just like it's so dumb for protestors to shut down speaking events on college campuses. Enough with the suppression of speech!
    Dont include Alex Jones in that group.    Its one thing to ban people who say, "I dont like this person" or "I think these policies suck".  Pearl jam, Kanye, Dixie Chicks voice their opinions.   Just like Toby Keith, Ted Nugent, Roseanne, etc voice them on the right. 

Alex Jones peddles lies that do actual harm to actual people.   He is flat out making up conspiracy theories that are damaging people, and asking people to cause actual violence. 
    Sorry. I agree with you on what Alex Jones is but I don't agree with you on the response. Banning speech is ALWAYS wrong. Even Noam Chomsky agrees. The answer to speech you don't like is more speech otherwise we go down a rabbit hole into chaos. Look how easily someone can argue the poster is "hate speech". It is ludicrous. This type of response must end.
    Banning HATE SPEECH is not wrong. Hate speech isn't protected, nor should it be. And sure, someone can argue that this poster is hate speech, but they'd be really really wrong, lol.
    All Speech is protected. You don't get to pick and choose. If you think you do then you are just as bad as the people who want to label this poster. 
    Alex Jones is actually inciting violence though. Remember pizzagate? People could have died.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514