Whiskey Clique

Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Bump.

Just sipping on some Jameson Black Barrel tonight. Anyone scored anything good lately?
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Bower's Hill Barrel Reserve
    19.99 markdown bin special.
    I like it.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Been keeping an eye out for this for a long time and ran into it today when out with my boy for cigars and tux shopping for his wedding

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Heh. I’ve still got an earlier batch to crack open—cask strength! 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

One upping me, dick.

dankind said:

One upping me, dick.

9.5 upping you, dick. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

One upping me, dick.

9.5 upping you, dick. 
    Well Fuck you and your baseball team. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I’m thinking about cracking that one open on Labor Day. Hopefully, I’ll have some friends over in between Fenway shows with whom I can share it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I’m thinking about cracking that one open on Labor Day. Hopefully, I’ll have some friends over in between Fenway shows with whom I can share it. 
    Yeah well fuck you and fuck You and Fuck you even more because im not seeing Pearl Jam. I am having a glorious Sunday though, at a byob cigar bar with your mom, bitch. :anguished:
    dankind said:
    Yeah well fuck you and fuck You and Fuck you even more because im not seeing Pearl Jam. I am having a glorious Sunday though, at a byob cigar bar with your mom, bitch. :anguished:
    Wear a rubber. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Wear a rubber. 
    Touché 
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Wear a rubber. 
    Touché 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    Come on up to the house. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited September 2018
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    Come on up to the house. 
    Welp, a bunch of pansyass Mr. Belvedere vodka drinkers showed up, so the Jefferson's Ocean remains sealed.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    Come on up to the house. 
    Welp, a bunch of pansyass Mr. Belvedere vodka drinkers showed up, so the Jefferson's Ocean remains sealed.
    papnasse plaid in der sandencastle.

HALTS MAUL!
    edited September 2018
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    Come on up to the house. 
    papnasse plaid in der sandencastle.

HALTS MAUL!
    You were already heading back to your Long Island sandkasten, you pappnase.

Halts Maul!! 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited September 2018
    In Colorado they are finally loosening up on some of the liquor laws. They couldnt sell anything higher then 3.2% in a place that sold food. Which meant no booze in Trader Joes or Costco! They are phasing that law out and some are getting alcohol in.
    I saw 2 Costco-brand whiksey bottles the other day. One was a single barrel batch for about $30 (750 mL), an another was a blend, about $20 for 1.75 L. Both Costco/Kirkland brand.

Anyone have any experience with either? Any good? Or know where it is distilled?
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    I’m your friend. 
    Come on up to the house. 
    Damn bud. I would have loved to take you up on the offer. That’s one hell of a bourbon. That great city kept us on the go all day, every day. Many thanks though!  Hope to take you up on it next time. 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Pappnase...   :smiley::smile: Cheers!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    kce8 said:
    Pappnase...   :smiley::smile: Cheers!
    ;)

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mace1229 said:
    In Colorado they are finally loosening up on some of the liquor laws. They couldnt sell anything higher then 3.2% in a place that sold food. Which meant no booze in Trader Joes or Costco! They are phasing that law out and some are getting alcohol in.
    I saw 2 Costco-brand whiksey bottles the other day. One was a single barrel batch for about $30 (750 mL), an another was a blend, about $20 for 1.75 L. Both Costco/Kirkland brand.

Anyone have any experience with either? Any good? Or know where it is distilled?
    Never tried the blended, but the bourbon is good. I get it from time to time and enjoy it. I find it a good value. Here's an interesting article on Costco's bourbon:

What’s in a name?: The story behind Costco’s private label ‘Kirkland’ bourbon

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
      someone told me canadian club 20 year is really good for the price. I’m sure the “dick” OP would probably never consider it, though.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
      someone told me canadian club 20 year is really good for the price. I’m sure the “dick” OP would probably never consider it, though.
    Cool story, bro. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    This one is my new favourite. So good. It's an airport edition but luckily I got taste it on the way to Boston. Bought a bottle to drink with fellow Jammers and bought another one on the way back for myself 😁

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Martins supermarket always has great deals on whiskey.
    I bought a 750ml ancestor edition (aged 12 yrs) of dewars for 22 dollars.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    Malroth said:
    Martins supermarket always has great deals on whiskey.
    I bought a 750ml ancestor edition (aged 12 yrs) of dewars for 22 dollars.
    That sounds like a great deal. I think Whisky is a lot more expensive here in Scotland. I am not sure but I think I pay around £25 - £35 for a 12 year old Aberfeldy.
    Have any of you tried High West - A Midwinter Night’s Dram? My local has a few bottles coming in soon and will put one aside for me. Wondering if it’s worth the price tag.