The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Went out to Porta in Asbury Park, nj. MargheritA and a white pie variation.  also has some killer grilled octopus.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Went out to Porta in Asbury Park, nj. MargheritA and a white pie variation.  also has some killer grilled octopus.  

Look at the lettuce shards from your salad that spilled out of your mouth just before the pizzas came.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Those look amazing!

Thirty, you’re slipping. I thought for sure you’d bust him on the burnt bubbles on the crust! :lol:
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow that looks incredible! Almost makes me want to move to NJ. Almost.
  • bbiggs said:
    ^ Those look amazing!

Thirty, you’re slipping. I thought for sure you’d bust him on the burnt bubbles on the crust! :lol:

At least he had the good sense to spin the burnt bubble towards his wife's seat location.

He's a meathead, but he's got game. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Those look excellent!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Made pesto with the basil from our fire escape herb garden and did a pesto pie with roasted broccoli. A little dry but the flavors were on point.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Made pesto with the basil from our fire escape herb garden and did a pesto pie with roasted broccoli. A little dry but the flavors were on point.
    Nice job!
    Did you season the broccoli before adding it or just put it on fresh?
    edited July 2018
    eddiec said:
    Nice job!
    Thanks! Tossed the broccoli in olive oil with salt and pepper and pre-roasted it before going on the pizza.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Your pizzas look professional!
    You bake on stone @ high heat?
    Man that looks great!  Nice work.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    eddiec said:
    Nice job!
    Thanks! Tossed the broccoli in olive oil with salt and pepper and pre-roasted it before going on the pizza.
    Looks tasty. Nice char on the broccoli.

I submit to you - the committee - an official nomination for Chinaski as Best in Show. What say ye?
    They look the best, imo. 
    I know that taste is more important but since all we can go on it looks, I think his homemade pies consistently look the best. 
  • Chinaski is on fire right now. Taking some vernacular for the youth sector... he's lit.
    He lit.

Tried a new local place tonight, pretty good. Kids seemed to really enjoy it. 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Looks really good. I always appreciate a classic slice of pepperoni. I could go for one right now. I’m starving. 
    edited July 2018
    Lol. Thanks ya'll. I enjoy it! I use Batali's recipe for dough. Pretty easy, just takes abit. I don't have a stone at the moment using a cusinart pizza pan with the little holes in it at 550. Seems to get me a nice bite on the crust. 

Post edited by H.Chinaski on
    This recipe still needs some tweeking though. The pesto cooked into the crust and made it sorta dry. I finished the 2nd one with Olive oil but it still could of used some fresh tomatoes or arugula after coming out of the oven. Next time and i'll report back to ya's!
    Thanks!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Lol. Thanks ya'll. I enjoy it! I use Batali's recipe for dough. Pretty easy, just takes abit. I don't have a stone at the moment using a cusinart pizza pan with the little holes in it at 550. Seems to get me a nice bite on the crust. 

Pizza looks fantastic and thanks for this! I'll have to look up Batali's and see if I can find the recipe. I've had such a hard time with the dough that I just gave up last year. I'm going to have to give it another shot.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Pizza looks fantastic and thanks for this! I'll have to look up Batali's and see if I can find the recipe. I've had such a hard time with the dough that I just gave up last year. I'm going to have to give it another shot.
    You can buy pizza dough at supermarket where I live both whole wheat & regular or I can buy the dough from my local pizza parlor ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Good call, Jose, there have been several videos I watched where they suggest buying from your favorite parlor.
    That is certainly very different with the crust prep on the cast iron.  Will have to give it a roll.

I kept waiting for him to describe how you get the roofies into the drink of your unsuspecting target.
    Used to be a huge fan of his.
    He's a pos.

I kept waiting for him to describe how you get the roofies into the drink of your unsuspecting target.
    Used to be a huge fan of his.
    He's a pos.
    Yup. Was also a huge fan... between his sexual assaults and his restuarants stealing tips from their employees he's definitely proved himself a big piece of shit! But alas this is a solid dough recipe, i haven't actually done the cast iron method. Although i should i try it.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Thanks! This make 8 crusts?? Nice...I like that it's a thinner, crispier crust. Do you ever use fast rising yeast or is that a bad move?

^ And I appreciate the store bought dough suggestions Jose. I've gone that route a few times but I really want to nail making it from scratch. Something satisfying about creating the perfect pizza crust...
  • Thanks! This make 8 crusts?? Nice...I like that it's a thinner, crispier crust. Do you ever use fast rising yeast or is that a bad move?

^ And I appreciate the store bought dough suggestions Jose. I've gone that route a few times but I really want to nail making it from scratch. Something satisfying about creating the perfect pizza crust...

Yah you gotta get this figured out! Keep working at it.