Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    This is also a real thing, available on Amazon. Maybe some of you could actually use this! So convenient, to carry it around your neck. You won't lose your slice, and it's already pretty close to your mouth.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Spiritual are you using scissors to cut that slice of pizza?
    This is becoming a legit thing apparently. I saw Gordon Ramsey and 3 of his Italian chef friends, one of whom owned the famous pizza restaurant in Italy that they were at, and they were all fucking cutting the pizza with scissors. I don't like it, but it is officially "the thing to do", lol.
    Fuck the thing to do.  You don’t use scissors to cut pizza ally!!!! I don’t see how scissors can be used when cutting a whole pie.  
    I second this whole-heartedly.

The only thing worse than using scissors to cut a pie is putting ice cubes in wine, damn it! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is becoming a legit thing apparently. I saw Gordon Ramsey and 3 of his Italian chef friends, one of whom owned the famous pizza restaurant in Italy that they were at, and they were all fucking cutting the pizza with scissors. I don't like it, but it is officially "the thing to do", lol.
    Fuck the thing to do.  You don’t use scissors to cut pizza ally!!!! I don’t see how scissors can be used when cutting a whole pie.  
    I second this whole-heartedly.

The only thing worse than using scissors to cut a pie is putting ice cubes in wine, damn it! 
    WHO
    THE
    FUCK
    IS
    PUTTING
    ICE
    IN
    THEIR
    WINE?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ^ LOL. I’ll let the guilty party fess up to that one...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I agree - I'd never do it!
    Also, WHY CAN'T YOU SPELL MY NAME RIGHT?!?! I've told you how to probably 10 times!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is also a real thing, available on Amazon. Maybe some of you could actually use this! So convenient, to carry it around your neck. You won't lose your slice, and it's already pretty close to your mouth.

Hahaha!
    I wonder if anyone has purchased this.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Also, WHY CAN'T YOU SPELL MY NAME RIGHT?!?! I've told you how to probably 10 times!
    I am sorry alliey!!!!
    I PUT ICE IN MY WINE but I would never ever use scissors to cut pizza.  What is next, eating pizza with chopsticks?!?!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am sorry alliey!!!!
    I PUT ICE IN MY WINE but I would never ever use scissors to cut pizza.  What is next, eating pizza with chopsticks?!?!

:angry:

I used to eat my cheerios with a corkscrew when I was a kid. Anything is possible.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am sorry alliey!!!!

The worst is when people eat sushi with a fork. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    From an old thread here.  Had to Google search it

Classic!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am sorry alliey!!!!

Lol, I've actually never even seen that! I have seen people eating hot wings with a knife and fork though. That's just fucked up.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am sorry alliey!!!!

Lol, I've actually never even seen that! I have seen people eating hot wings with a knife and fork though. That's just fucked up.
    Haha eating wings with a fork is awful! Never seen that. I have seen sushi with a fork though. It’s brutal. I mean I get that some people done use chop sticks every day, but it’s not like it’s performing brain surgery ffs
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Classic!

That is awesome!  So Brett I started eating sushi in college. I worked at the mall (pac sun) and would pass the food court on the way in. Everyday I would pass this little to go place and one day I got a philly roll to go. During lunch I opened it up and found six philly rolls, wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce.  I looked at my buddy and asked him how the hell to eat this. Now maybe he was messing with me but because of this guy I have been eating sushi the same way since 1998. 
    I grab a roll, throw some wasabi on top of it, then a nice slice of ginger on top of the wasabi. I then dip the sushi/wasabi/ginger combo into soy sauce; I must say it is good as hell. 
    I had no clue that I was doing it wrong until I read your post the other day. Lol
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mcgruff10 said:

Classic!

That is awesome!  So Brett I started eating sushi in college. I worked at the mall (pac sun) and would pass the food court on the way in. Everyday I would pass this little to go place and one day I got a philly roll to go. During lunch I opened it up and found six philly rolls, wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce.  I looked at my buddy and asked him how the hell to eat this. Now maybe he was messing with me but because of this guy I have been eating sushi the same way since 1998. 
    I grab a roll, throw some wasabi on top of it, then a nice slice of ginger on top of the wasabi. I then dip the sushi/wasabi/ginger combo into soy sauce; I must say it is good as hell. 
    I had no clue that I was doing it wrong until I read your post the other day. Lol
    Haha!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    And there is also a whole new level. The pizza slicer fork. Yes, this is a real thing, made by more than one company. :lol:

If I'm ever in a Secret Santa group... and I draw Scruffy... I'm getting him this lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Slice, the final frontier
    These are the voyages of the starship Pizza Pies
    It’s continuing mission: to explore strange, new sauce
    To seek out new meats and new vegetable toppings
    To boldly go where no cheese has gone before
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Sorry, beer!
    I am a non drinker, I'm a boring date lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

I can get behind that!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    And there is also a whole new level. The pizza slicer fork. Yes, this is a real thing, made by more than one company. :lol:

If I'm ever in a Secret Santa group... and I draw Scruffy... I'm getting him this lol.
    Image result for napoleon dynamite gif
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

da fuck?  Has anyone actually seen one of these being used?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There are all sorts of crazy products made -- does not, in any way, legitimize such stupidity.  :lol:    
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Captain Pizzard. :glasses:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Okay I'm dead serious: I got one of these for Christmas one year. No shit. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was really close.

It was from my wife's Grandmother. Sometimes you get some weird shit from old folks. I feigned enthusiasm and acted like it would be so useful.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Captain Pizzard. :glasses:
    Well played!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Okay I'm dead serious: I got one of these for Christmas one year. No shit. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was really close.

It was from my wife's Grandmother. Sometimes you get some weird shit from old folks. I feigned enthusiasm and acted like it would be so useful.
    Have you ever used it?
  • Options
    I like that the brand name is Stupidiotic. :rofl:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Have you ever used it?

Nope. It got tossed shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Upgraded to the Ooni Pro from the 3.  
    Much, much better oven!  First two pies were fantastic!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256