Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is also a real thing, available on Amazon. Maybe some of you could actually use this! So convenient, to carry it around your neck. You won't lose your slice, and it's already pretty close to your mouth.

da fuck?  Has anyone actually seen one of these being used?

Okay I'm dead serious: I got one of these for Christmas one year. No shit. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was really close.

It was from my wife's Grandmother. Sometimes you get some weird shit from old folks. I feigned enthusiasm and acted like it would be so useful.
    Have you ever used it?

Nope. It got tossed shortly afterwards.
    RESPECT YOUR WIFES GRANDMOTHER!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Those look awesome.  My Ooni Pro is still in the box.  Been in motion since getting and hitting the road again shortly.

Question -- what sort of setup do you have outside for that?  Do you leave it out, with cover, or do you take it in?
    Table to put it on?

Can't wait to set up and use it but I can imagine it being spring before I get it set up and working.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    mca47 said:

Those look dynamite! Especially the top one. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    bbiggs said:
    mca47 said:

Yeah, the top one was better....just a little.  Classic margarita.  San Marzano tomatoes, hand crushed with a little salt.  Fresh mottz and basil.
    Bottom was mushroom, spinach cooked down with some garlic, red onion, shredded mottz and that same sauce.
    I used Tony Gemignani's Neapolitan dough recipe with a 3 day cold ferment.  I've tried many different takes on the Neapolitan dough, but Tony's is always best.  His is so perfect that you could just eat a cooked crust with nothing on it!  Seriously!  
  • Options
    Those look awesome.  My Ooni Pro is still in the box.  Been in motion since getting and hitting the road again shortly.

Question -- what sort of setup do you have outside for that?  Do you leave it out, with cover, or do you take it in?
    Table to put it on?

Can't wait to set up and use it but I can imagine it being spring before I get it set up and working.
    Get on it man!  hahahaha!  As soon as you fire that baby up....look out!   :)  So good!
    I'll upload a pic of my "set up".  I will be getting a cover, but currently it's just sitting on a metal table underneath an attached covered part of my patio.  
  • Options

• Options

Table to put it on?

Keep in mind that you need to fire it up without food at full temp for at least 30 minutes....let it cool, wipe it out.  Only have to do this the first time once it's set up to "season" it and to burn off any industrial stuff used to assemble it.
    After that, you're good to go.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    mca47 said:

Table to put it on?

Keep in mind that you need to fire it up without food at full temp for at least 30 minutes....let it cool, wipe it out.  Only have to do this the first time once it's set up to "season" it and to burn off any industrial stuff used to assemble it.
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

Thinking out by the pool as well but I have a giant ass table taking up the entire space under our master BR deck.
    Will be exposed to the elements but I will cover it up and once we get to snow-time I can see it storing in the garage or shed.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Table to put it on?

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Thinking out by the pool as well but I have a giant ass table taking up the entire space under our master BR deck.
    Will be exposed to the elements but I will cover it up and once we get to snow-time I can see it storing in the garage or shed.
    Yeah, if it's exposed to the elements, you'll def want to get a cover.  I used to disassemble my 3 and stored in my garage when not in use....but that was easier with the 3.  The Pro is much bigger and much heavier so it's not nearly as mobile.  
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Somebody make me a pizza, please.

I hate dealing with dough, and I think bread products are universally overrated...but... You guys make me want to give it a go.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    rgambs said:
    Somebody make me a pizza, please.

I hate dealing with dough, and I think bread products are universally overrated...but... You guys make me want to give it a go.
    Thin crispy crust is the best. I love actual bread, but do think that thick doughy pizza crust is WAY overrated.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Pizza night...

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    bbiggs said:
    mca47 said:

Yep!

See the source image
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    mca47 said:

Gotta love the classic margherita.
    I made my sauce the same way.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    mca47 said:

Even my boy thoughts knows the difference between a plain and margherita!  Spiritual take some notes!

by the way, those pizzas look delicious.   I need a slice bad.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Even my boy thoughts knows the difference between a plain and margherita!  Spiritual take some notes!

Still on detox? Gonna make it through the weekend? 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Still on detox!!  It is going to be tough to make it through this weekend because I am craaaaaaaaaaving pizza bad.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Still on detox!!  It is going to be tough to make it through this weekend because I am craaaaaaaaaaving pizza bad.
    Just go for it...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

That’s tough bud. I’ve kind of been doing the same. Ate and drank way too much over the holidays so now it’s salad and water instead of pizza and beer. Lol 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

That’s tough bud. I’ve kind of been doing the same. Ate and drank way too much over the holidays so now it’s salad and water instead of pizza and beer. Lol 
    My wife is on board with vino and pizza tonight.  I am pumped.
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Scruffy...

I'm struggling to figure out if you're sort of a poor man's Archie Bunker... or more so a Mr. Furley from Three's Company?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Scruffy...

I'm struggling to figure out if you're sort of a poor man's Archie Bunker... or more so a Mr. Furley from Three's Company?
    Dude I m 41 and have 5 kids, I get pumped over little things lol. 

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:

Scruffy...

Dude I m 41 and have 5 kids, I get pumped over little things lol. 

funny how that goes. I just learned my alarm clock has a dimming switch - changed my life.

I love peeking in in this thread. prepares my appetite for pizza and movie night Fridays.

• Options
    What's an alarm clock?
    I have a four year old, no need for alarm clocks

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I could always use an alarm clock.

:wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    What's an alarm clock?
    I have a four year old, no need for alarm clocks

I just went and checked to see if mine had a dimmer switch.

Nope.

Gawddammit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I could always use an alarm clock.

:wink:
    That type?
    Haven't received one of those in years.
  • Options
    Wine is bought!!