Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    Tiki said:
    You Cant Always Get What You Want as walk off music is a lot different from Sympathy for the Devil as a pre-intro JAM (played at full volume) that absolutely no one is taking as one bit ironic.

woo woo indeed

It’s ironic but also directly intentional mockery of his supporters. He’s basically saying that they’re all stupid and blindly following his bullshit and he knows it won’t register with them. 
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    You Cant Always Get What You Want as walk off music is a lot different from Sympathy for the Devil as a pre-intro JAM (played at full volume) that absolutely no one is taking as one bit ironic.

woo woo indeed

It’s ironic but also directly intentional mockery of his supporters. He’s basically saying that they’re all stupid and blindly following his bullshit and he knows it won’t register with them. 
    It's tough to say if these antics (song selection, jackets, etc.) are intentional or not.

Something tells me they must be, but who knows for sure?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Tiki said:

woo woo indeed

12-D chess
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Tiki said:

woo woo indeed

It's tough to say if these antics (song selection, jackets, etc.) are intentional or not.

Something tells me they must be, but who knows for sure?
    I'm pretty sure the jacket was a cry for help.  being a mother herself, this was the straw that broke the mail order bride's back.  

i'm done with the Stones anyway

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:
    pjhawks said:
    DPrival78 said:
    Say what you will about Don - and God knows he is a tremendously flawed person - but I still am not close to wishing the election went the other way. 

For as broken and corrupt a system as the govt has become, this bull in the chinashop is better than what would have been more of the same.  He’s not nearly as bad as the media portrays him to be. He’s actually not Adolf Hitler.  He’s a cartoonish, egotistical, reality tv guy.  He’s not slaughtering millions of innocent people, nor will he.  Obviously we have a lot of things to fix - but that’s not a new situation.  

A lot of shit has been brought to the surface in the last year and a half.  So let’s just be civil and deal with it.  
    how about that fact that he is setting us up for another republican led recession?  call me in 2 years when prices are significantly higher, and in 5 years when your taxes go up again.  oh and the banks are once again free to give out shitty loans for their own gain. like he led his businesses into bankruptcy he is leading this country down a bad financial path.  if  you can't see that...
    I don’t doubt that another recession is coming at some point.  That was going to happen anyway, and isn’t a partisan thing.  You can’t just keep printing, loaning, and spending money with no consequence.   That all didn’t just start happening..
    Economic cycles occur whether you are printing money or only using a 1:1 gold standard.  I also don't think it's necessarily a partisan thing.  Where I differ with this president on economic policy is related to "levers".  When a recession hits, a president has a few levers he/she can pull to stem the tide.  These options are 1. gov't spending (stimulus) 2. lowering the discount rate to spur borrowing/buying and 3. lowering taxes/refunds.  
    Trump has effectively removed #1 and #3 from his levers by passing the tax cut during one of the most historic bull runs ever.  Why would you do that??  Oh yeah, for partisan gain.  It's creating deficit spending at an unprecedented level and hampering the ability to offset a recession when it invariably comes.

As any FYI, international banks have already entered bear territory.  The run is over, in my opinion.  We are treading water and the market will start correcting and enter bear territory in the next 12 months IMO.  
    You’re a pessimist like me! Boarding plane soon. See you all in Prague.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Stuttering John apparently pranked called Trump while he was on Air Force One. 

The people running our our country are a bunch of morons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5899675/amp/Comedian-John-Melendez-claims-got-President-Donald-Trump-Air-Force-One.html?__twitter_impression=true
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Stuttering John apparently pranked called Trump while he was on Air Force One. 

The people running our our country are a bunch of morons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5899675/amp/Comedian-John-Melendez-claims-got-President-Donald-Trump-Air-Force-One.html?__twitter_impression=true
    lol
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:
    The idea of a “deep state” is nothing new.  Just like “fake news” is nothing new. 

We had prime examples of both with, say, the Iraq war.  The reasons were all made up bullshit, and were parroted by the mainstream media who just played along. 

I think its interesting that the anti-war crew from the bush years basically disappeared around 2009, and now cite the mainstream media regularly to back their criticisms of the current admin. 
    The Iraq war wasn't perpetuated by career service people,  it was done by the neo conservative political appointees  that controlled the White House.  They pressured the career people in the CIA to find validating evidence.  Iraq is the precise inverse of what you're referring to.  Regarding the press. You won't find me defending them for not asking too many questions.  But if you don't really remember the jingoism that gripped the US post 9-11, just Google the Dixie Chicks. 
    It should have been Afghanistan that was invaded. The media loves to play along as long as it's going to get them higher ratings
    Good old George Bush worst president ever needed to keep his buddy Osama and family safe.  the attention was shifted to Iraq which allowed extremists like ISIS to grow once we left the mess under the Obama administration. We need to be over there now to make sure the extremists don't expand again. Extremist is way to nice of a word used to describe the demons that terrorized the middle east and more. 

Speaking of terrorists, 

So i'm wondering how Maxine Waters is liking the tables being turned on her??

When you insite harrassment and violence, it comes back to bite you.  And yeah what she was saying was inciting violence even if you don't want to admit it because she's a liberal, but all you need is one nut job to take it to the extreme. 

Either everyone is allowed or the owner gets to choose. What's it gonna be? Personally, I think everyone should be able to go about their day without getting harrassed or denied service as long as there is no criminal intent or harm to the person or others.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:
    The idea of a “deep state” is nothing new.  Just like “fake news” is nothing new. 

We had prime examples of both with, say, the Iraq war.  The reasons were all made up bullshit, and were parroted by the mainstream media who just played along. 

I think its interesting that the anti-war crew from the bush years basically disappeared around 2009, and now cite the mainstream media regularly to back their criticisms of the current admin. 
    The Iraq war wasn't perpetuated by career service people,  it was done by the neo conservative political appointees  that controlled the White House.  They pressured the career people in the CIA to find validating evidence.  Iraq is the precise inverse of what you're referring to.  Regarding the press. You won't find me defending them for not asking too many questions.  But if you don't really remember the jingoism that gripped the US post 9-11, just Google the Dixie Chicks. 
    It should have been Afghanistan that was invaded. The media loves to play along as long as it's going to get them higher ratings
    Good old George Bush worst president ever needed to keep his buddy Osama and family safe.  the attention was shifted to Iraq which allowed extremists like ISIS to grow once we left the mess under the Obama administration. We need to be over there now to make sure the extremists don't expand again. Extremist is way to nice of a word used to describe the demons that terrorized the middle east and more. 

Speaking of terrorists, 

When you insite harrassment and violence, it comes back to bite you.  And yeah what she was saying was inciting violence even if you don't want to admit it because she's a liberal, but all you need is one nut job to take it to the extreme. 

Either everyone is allowed or the owner gets to choose. What's it gonna be? Personally, I think everyone should be able to go about their day without getting harrassed or denied service as long as there is no criminal intent or harm to the person or others.
    "speaking of terrorists"....and you segue to Maxine Waters???

get serious. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    DPrival78 said:
    pjhawks said:
    DPrival78 said:
    Say what you will about Don - and God knows he is a tremendously flawed person - but I still am not close to wishing the election went the other way. 

For as broken and corrupt a system as the govt has become, this bull in the chinashop is better than what would have been more of the same.  He’s not nearly as bad as the media portrays him to be. He’s actually not Adolf Hitler.  He’s a cartoonish, egotistical, reality tv guy.  He’s not slaughtering millions of innocent people, nor will he.  Obviously we have a lot of things to fix - but that’s not a new situation.  

A lot of shit has been brought to the surface in the last year and a half.  So let’s just be civil and deal with it.  
    how about that fact that he is setting us up for another republican led recession?  call me in 2 years when prices are significantly higher, and in 5 years when your taxes go up again.  oh and the banks are once again free to give out shitty loans for their own gain. like he led his businesses into bankruptcy he is leading this country down a bad financial path.  if  you can't see that...
    I don’t doubt that another recession is coming at some point.  That was going to happen anyway, and isn’t a partisan thing.  You can’t just keep printing, loaning, and spending money with no consequence.   That all didn’t just start happening..
    well for the past half century or so Republican Presidential terms tend to lead us into recessions. This guy with is high tariffs, over spending, tax cuts for rich and easing of banking regulations is just leading us there even more quickly. after 10 years of economic growth. oh but her emails...and benghazi...
    I agree about the banking regulations needing to not be eased up on to much to an extent. 

Hillary had way more against her than emails and Benghazi but those two are enough. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

The Maxine Waters analogy is ridiculous, particularly when you compare it to the outrageous things Trump has said.  If you want to do a list of horrible statements Maxine has said, I can guarantee I can double up your list with Trump.  Name your bet.

Regarding the more rational argument you made before, I don't know that any country should have been invaded, but certainly Iraq was not the right choice.  The reason I point to the PNAC is because of the open letter they penned to Clinton arguing for an invasion of Iraq to make the region safe for Israel, and overthrowing Hussein.  So when 9/11 whetted the taste for war by the public, it was easy for the neocons to position Iraq as the first target in the War on Terrorism.  http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5527.htm
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 

Apparently this guy is a big Laura Loomer fan.

Laura Loomer is garbage.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    Maxine Walters is a American Patriot who like many people has been fed the fuck up from the jump.  She speaks TRUTH.

Trumpito is a fucking crybaby.  The R's who have been enabling him with their COMPLICIT behavior will be voted OUT.
    I hope FATASS has fun sweating his ballzoff golfing tomorrow while the RESISTANCE swarms all around the WH.

He is the real terrorist.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 

Laura Loomer is garbage.

holy crap. I had never heard of her. I just googled her. Garbage is a nice term. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    pjhawks said:
    DPrival78 said:
    pjhawks said:
    DPrival78 said:

well for the past half century or so Republican Presidential terms tend to lead us into recessions. This guy with is high tariffs, over spending, tax cuts for rich and easing of banking regulations is just leading us there even more quickly. after 10 years of economic growth. oh but her emails...and benghazi...
    I agree about the banking regulations needing to not be eased up on to much to an extent. 

Hillary had way more against her than emails and Benghazi but those two are enough. 
    Such as?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

Haven’t pro-life people been stalking, harassing, inciting violence and carrying it out now for 30 plus years and you complain about shouting “shame” and “not welcome” at people who shout those things at people who help enact and justify racist, discriminatory policies? Give me a break.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

Haven’t pro-life people been stalking, harassing, inciting violence and carrying it out now for 30 plus years and you complain about shouting “shame” and “not welcome” at people who shout those things at people who help enact and justify racist, discriminatory policies? Give me a break.
    Don't forget about the shootings and bombings.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    You mean because she's a liberal she's exempt from that status even though she clearly was inciting violence to further her cause. 
    If those words she spoke came from a republicans mouth or any other non liberal view person, you all would have had a thread a mile long bashing them and you know it. You need to get serious. 
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Maxine Walters is a American Patriot who like many people has been fed the fuck up from the jump.  She speaks TRUTH.

Trumpito is a fucking crybaby.  The R's who have been enabling him with their COMPLICIT behavior will be voted OUT.
    I hope FATASS has fun sweating his ballzoff golfing tomorrow while the RESISTANCE swarms all around the WH.

He is the real terrorist.

That works both ways. Strive for talks and meeting in the middle not violence. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    You mean because she's a liberal she's exempt from that status even though she clearly was inciting violence to further her cause. 
    If those words she spoke came from a republicans mouth or any other non liberal view person, you all would have had a thread a mile long bashing them and you know it. You need to get serious. 
    What is your news source?? I'm curious to know how you reached this outrageous conclusion about Maxine Waters. It is a complete lie that she incited violence. If you really know what she said and still think that's what she did, then you don't understand what inciting violence means, and you very clearly do not know what a terrorist is if you've also stuck that label on her. I have to assume you're gobbling up alt-right media sources like candy if you really believe what you're saying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    What is your news source?? I'm curious to know how you reached this outrageous conclusion about Maxine Waters. It is a complete lie that she incited violence. If you really know what she said and still think that's what she did, then you don't understand what inciting violence means, and you very clearly do not know what a terrorist is if you've also stuck that label on her. I have to assume you're gobbling up alt-right media sources like candy if you really believe what you're saying.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

Read and re read her words. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 

Laura Loomer is garbage.

holy crap. I had never heard of her. I just googled her. Garbage is a nice term. 

Scroll through her twitter timeline when you get the chance. Talk about warm holes.

You'll need to take a nice hot shower when you're done. Her and her other alt right troll buddies are disgusting people.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    What exactly did Maxine Waters say that “incites” violence? And by the way, conservatives have been saying those things and worse for 30 years. Where you been bunky? Oh, I forgot, it was a liberal who coined the term, “feminazi.” Oh, the outrage.or should I say fauxrage. Bunch of snowflakes.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    You mean the guy who said these things?:
    “I’d like to punch him in the face” 

Trump said this in front of a crowd of supporters, after a protester was removed from one of his rallies in Las Vegas on 23 February 2016.

“Maybe he should have been roughed up” 

Trump said this on Fox and Friends on 22 November 2015, in reference to Black Lives Matter protester Mercutio Southall Jr., who was ejected from a Trump rally in Birmingham, Alabama a day earlier. Video footage appears to show Trump supporters jostling, kicking and punching Southall, prompting questions from the Fox and Friends about the ‘roughing up’ of the protester. 

“You know, part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long, is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right? And they’re being politically correct the way they take them out, so it takes a little bit longer. And honestly, protesters, they realize it. They realize that there are no consequences to protesting anymore. There used to be consequences, there are none anymore.”

“I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will”
    Trump said this on 11 August 2015, when asked at a press conference in Birch Run, Michigan whether he would ever yield the stage to a protester at one of his events. 

The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of”

Trump said this at a press conference in Palm Beach, Florida on 11 March 2016. He was referring to the Las Vegas incident weeks earlier, after which he mused that he would like to have punched a protester in the face.
  • Options
    And combine all that with him saying the news media is the enemy of the American people. 

But the left needs to be civil. Sure
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DPrival78 said:

Speaking of terrorists, 

get serious. 
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

Read and re read her words. 
    Did you really think I didn't already know exactly what she said. There is literally not a single word she said that suggested violence, and certainly not anything that could lead you to call her a terrorist. I understand that some are playing dumb when it comes to the meaning of "pushing back", but I think just about everyone with an IQ over 65 at least secretly understands that was not a comment about violence. I suggest that you stop reading Trump's tweets about things to form any opinions.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Regarding the Annapolis shooter....

“So what happened this past week?” Hutson asked. “On June 25, Trump – at his South Carolina rally – pointed to members of the media, and called them the enemy of the people.  This is a phrase that throughout history has been used by autocrats to incite violence,” from ancient Rome to the French Revolution to Nazi Germany. 
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Blame Trump for anything and everything.  

This lunatic had no issues before.  Trump essentially pulled the trigger!

i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 said:
    Blame Trump for anything and everything.  

This lunatic had no issues before.  Trump essentially pulled the trigger!

The shift in mentality where the fringe right is expressing itself loudly, proudly and in various ways has nothing to do with McDonald Trump? Is this what you are saying?
This discussion has been closed.