Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

In case any of the "she never said herself...." crowd missed WaPo's story yesterday.
    To me, this just shows she’s believed in this narrative about her heritage for decades, because this is dated 1986. It wasn’t something put on for political gain. It turns out it was incorrect, but it seems to have been a genuine belief. 

More and more people are now finding out that their heritage isn’t what they believed and what they were taught, and there will be a lot more fallout from that. 
    I agree with your overall point. If only she had addressed it honestly and contritely from the moment this issue was raised. Instead she dug in and handed it like a politician for years.
    Her handling of it when the DNA results came out didn't help the optics of it, certainly. However, I don't think there was any was that she could have handled it that wouldn't lead to the same criticism, given the ones handing out the criticism. 
    Team Trump Treason can only win via the politics of personal destruction rather than policy. He’s going to avoid debating at all costs and if he does, he’ll stammer and come across as the disengaged idiot that he is. Nipple and Button, anyone?
    I’m confused at why anything someone that opposing trump does is ok and anything someone that supports trump does is bad.

Defending Warren on this is pretty weak. Heck it was the Washington Post, not Fox News.  I’m not sure when we all lost the ability to see the good vs bad regardless of party. 
     Because claiming Native American heritage doesn’t come anywhere close to the transgressions of Team Trump Treason. If Elizabeth Warren sexually assaulted men, bragged about it, scammed consumers out of millions of dollars, declared bankruptcy multiple times, cheated on her taxes, laundered money, conspired with a foreign power to throw her election to her, then we could have a rational conversation about equal condemnation. Both sides are not the same so stop positing that what Elizabeth Warren did is as bad as what Team Trump Treason did or will do.
    I’m not comparing. You are. Warren is still wrong and she’s done.

where did you get that from??? The comparison?  You are ignoring her stupidity and her bad move because it’s not as bad as trump? Is that right?

Because being outraged or claiming that what Elizabeth Warren has done should disqualify her for running for president is complete and utter bullshit and I thought you might be smart enough to realize that but apparently not. Its not such an egregious transgression that rises to the level some would like it to rise to. "Warren is still done." Guess she should resign the senate too? Keep up the faux outrage over something so insignificant, its fitting.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    my2hands said:
    I love watching people twist into pretzels trying to explain and excuse away Pocahontas.... she is whiter than mayonnaise, thought she was Native American because granny said so? lol

Some of ya'll are either really naive or just refuse to own shit when its your side

She fucked up and has zero shot in a primary now... move on
    Why does it always have to be about sides?  When are people going to wake up and realize the only two sides are the government and the people.  And the former isn't working for the latter.  Democrats, Republicans.  The only difference between the two is which group of billionaires they pander to.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    edited February 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    In case any of the "she never said herself...." crowd missed WaPo's story yesterday.
    To me, this just shows she’s believed in this narrative about her heritage for decades, because this is dated 1986. It wasn’t something put on for political gain. It turns out it was incorrect, but it seems to have been a genuine belief. 

More and more people are now finding out that their heritage isn’t what they believed and what they were taught, and there will be a lot more fallout from that. 
    I agree with your overall point. If only she had addressed it honestly and contritely from the moment this issue was raised. Instead she dug in and handed it like a politician for years.
    Her handling of it when the DNA results came out didn't help the optics of it, certainly. However, I don't think there was any was that she could have handled it that wouldn't lead to the same criticism, given the ones handing out the criticism. 
    Team Trump Treason can only win via the politics of personal destruction rather than policy. He’s going to avoid debating at all costs and if he does, he’ll stammer and come across as the disengaged idiot that he is. Nipple and Button, anyone?
    I’m confused at why anything someone that opposing trump does is ok and anything someone that supports trump does is bad.

Defending Warren on this is pretty weak. Heck it was the Washington Post, not Fox News.  I’m not sure when we all lost the ability to see the good vs bad regardless of party. 
     Because claiming Native American heritage doesn’t come anywhere close to the transgressions of Team Trump Treason. If Elizabeth Warren sexually assaulted men, bragged about it, scammed consumers out of millions of dollars, declared bankruptcy multiple times, cheated on her taxes, laundered money, conspired with a foreign power to throw her election to her, then we could have a rational conversation about equal condemnation. Both sides are not the same so stop positing that what Elizabeth Warren did is as bad as what Team Trump Treason did or will do.

where did you get that from??? The comparison?  You are ignoring her stupidity and her bad move because it’s not as bad as trump? Is that right?

everything democrats do is excusable because it's nowhere near as bad as what trump does. nothing is ever looked at as its own incident anymore. 

for people who are always crying "buh buh buh", and "whataboutisms", sure tend to use them a bunch. 

for the record, I don't think she claimed NA heritage while knowing she wasn't. we all go by what our families tell us. have I ever looked into what I've always been told is my heritage? nope. and I don't care. the only reason people do that beyond curiosity is to get some type of card/benefit from the government. if it serves you no purpose/benefit, then why would you? 
    I don't believe that.  Sometimes they need to be better than Trump (or even Be Best).  We still can and should judge their actions on their own merits.  That said, I just don't have the energy to care about this whole Warren kerfuffle.  I just don't care.  She believed it.  She should have looked further, I guess but I am totally with you on the third paragraph.  In my world, it should not end her chance.  But it does.  Hopefully she's eliminated early.

Regarding your second paragraph, it's not just the whataboutisms, but the both-sidsing.  
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Why does it fucking matter what she is?
    It doesn't. That's why it's so strange that she made it a thing. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,133
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Because being outraged or claiming that what Elizabeth Warren has done should disqualify her for running for president is complete and utter bullshit and I thought you might be smart enough to realize that but apparently not. Its not such an egregious transgression that rises to the level some would like it to rise to. "Warren is still done." Guess she should resign the senate too? Keep up the faux outrage over something so insignificant, its fitting.
    Ummm not outraged and not saying it disqualified her. But I do think it means she is unelectable. You see the difference right?

keep up the trump outrage for everything including toilet paper on his shoe and calling people names and making up stupid (you think clever) team trump treason bs and ignoring everything else.

your head must be buried up trumps ass. I’m guessing you are staring in the next Ptape.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    It's definitely damaging to Warren but only because liberals aren't stupid.  

tRump is guilty of so much more than that. (and we can't even talk about what Mueller might find) yet the trumpsters will ignore all of that and instead beat this latest scandal to death.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

tRump is guilty of so much more than that. (and we can't even talk about what Mueller might find) yet the trumpsters will ignore all of that and instead beat this latest scandal to death.
    Trump has done worse? No shit. :)

Why all the whataboutism regarding Warren?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Even stranger that we continue to go on about it... since it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    This response to you is the first I've talked about it. I think Warren's irrelevant. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Oh and now you are saying that I’m saying she should resign from the senate? Jesus H Christ. You see the difference between thinking that a topic/issue has made it so hard that a candidate likely has no shot at the presidency is very different from them keeping their current job.

I don’t understand this place.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    This response to you is the first I've talked about it. I think Warren's irrelevant. 
    Yeah, I didn't mean "we" as in you and I, but rather the general public.
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't mean "we" as in you and I, but rather the general public.
    I thought that may be the case. But really, other than this board, I don't hear much about this anymore. But I may just be subconsciously ignoring it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Sometimes whataboutism is justifiable.  That would be the case here.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Sometimes whataboutism is justifiable.  That would be the case here.  
    Or, perhaps Warren is the Whataboutism.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    I love watching people twist into pretzels trying to explain and excuse away Pocahontas.... she is whiter than mayonnaise, thought she was Native American because granny said so? lol

Some of ya'll are either really naive or just refuse to own shit when its your side

Why does it always have to be about sides?  When are people going to wake up and realize the only two sides are the government and the people.  And the former isn't working for the latter.  Democrats, Republicans.  The only difference between the two is which group of billionaires they pander to.
    With that statement we are clearly on the same team 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

There you go questioning someone's intelligence, for pretty much no reason other than they disagree with you 

Pocahontas is done in the primary, whether you and I like it or not. 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Why is she done?  Done what?  She made an honest mistake.  Realized it, apologized and moved on.  None of it was intentionally misleading, unethical or illegal.  So... Why would she be done? So your math.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Some of you guys still dont seem to really understand elections and general public voters
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited February 2019
    pjl44 said:

Talk about cultural appropriation. She's done.  But let's be honest, she never really had a shot anyhow.
    Is it cultural appropriation if your parents told you from when you were small that that’s your heritage and you believed them? Obviously it isn’t; no reasonable person would say that. It’s only been within the last few years that there’s even been a way to test that. Previously we basically just believed what we were told from prior generations, who clearly are not uncommonly wrong, either due to their own misinformation or because they were hiding something. And my comment has nothing to do with Warren’s chances at election, just with common sense. 

Since I was small, my family has told me that I am Irish on one side, three generations back, and the usual mixed Northern European on the other, and that’s what I’ve told people if they asked. If I ever was to do a DNA test and find that I don’t actually have Irish heritage, have I been guilty of cultural appropriation all along? No, because that’s absurd. 
    I agree, and I think a lot of people are seriously underestimating the power of family oral histories. Warren's family did her a disservice across generations, but I sincerely don't see this as Warren's fault. I think it's cheap and dirty for people to keep hammering her on this issue, and to pretend she went around deliberately lying or say she's committed cultural appropriation.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Why is she done?  Done what?  She made an honest mistake.  Realized it, apologized and moved on.  None of it was intentionally misleading, unethical or illegal.  So... Why would she be done? So your math.
    Because it's going to be harped on constantly.  It's going to be her "invented the internet."  Al Gore never claimed he invented the internet, but many people thought so.  The outrage is already disproportionate with the reality and it will only get worse.  The worst case would be her winning the primary (since the Dems probably won't bring it up much).  Trump would destroy her.
  • Options
    Adding "American Indian" to the registration is odd for sure.  But....registering as any race got her nowhere.  It's just statistical.

• Options
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Why is she done? IMO

1) Already a target of the right and this gives ammo.  Regardless of whether or not you or I or others think it's important it will come up often in the election and she will be a punchline
    2) The Dem party has a very crowded field that includes multiple women. So that won't be a distinguishing factor for her.  Add to it that there will be plenty of minority candidates (including minority women) her move to claim she's a minority will not sit well with some Dem voters.
    3) The issue keeps popping up.  This was the Washington Post...not Fox news.  The fact it keeps coming up shows it is not going to go away.

So - based on that I think shes done.  Put her up individually against some of the Dem candidates for the nomination and decide who you think is going to win if it were 1:1.

Sanders vs Warren 
    Harris vs Warren
    Biden vs Warren
    Booker vs Warren
    Beto vs Warren
    and on and on and on....how many does she win?  Like 1 out of every 5 MAX?  So I find this to simply be the nail in the coffin.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Adding "American Indian" to the registration is odd for sure.  But....registering as any race got her nowhere.  It's just statistical.

word.

Statistics.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Biden/Booker 
    Beto/Booker
    Harris/Booker
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Biden/Booker 
    Beto/Booker
    Harris/Booker
    no Warren? ;)

See Tiki agrees!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american/index.html

This.

Ok, unless someone else wants to call me stupid or say I said things I didn't say I'm done with this.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:

Yup.  Agreed 100%. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    my2hands said:

Yup.  Agreed 100%. 
    Yes!  100%. Thank you @hescalleddyer
  • Options
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american/index.html

This.

Ok, unless someone else wants to call me stupid or say I said things I didn't say I'm done with this.  
    Please point me to where I called you “stupid?” Making shit up again. See? It works both ways.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

There you go questioning someone's intelligence, for pretty much no reason other than they disagree with you 

Pocahontas is done in the primary, whether you and I like it or not. 
    Says the guy who called me, “not the smartest guy in the room.” Bully.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.