Knowing What You Know Now, Would You Still Support Trump for President?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:
    The u.s. added over 300,000 jobs last month and trump is going to meet with Kim jong un, Not bad in my book. 
    HAHA. My god.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    500+ days. Any defenders?
    There are lots of them out there in the real world....less so in here.  
    Oh yeah; they are all over the place.  Anecdotally it seems like very few people have gone from like-to-hate or hate-to-like.  

For many of them, it was never about "issues" and I think it stopped being about the good of the country long ago.  This is about pissing off their greatest enemy.  This is also known as "owning libs."  This is not about issues, the economy, abortion, the environment or even immigration, walls, religion, or homophobia.  This is a big, thousand-foot-scale cultural war.  Some of those issues I mentioned (immigration, religion, etc.) play a role in this war but for the most part, this is about sticking it to whoever they're sticking it to...the "elite" I guess.  

And they're winning the war.
    Sticking it to the elite by trusting a guy who claims to be a billionaire. 
    An Ivy League-educated obscenely rich (at least at one time) guy who has spent much of his adult life hanging out in Manhattan with NYC elites is th guy who finally remembered the forgotten America.
    come on. all the republican party does is shout "THE MILITARY" and the idiots go fucking hog wild and lap it up. he didn't remember shit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Oh yeah; they are all over the place.  Anecdotally it seems like very few people have gone from like-to-hate or hate-to-like.  

For many of them, it was never about "issues" and I think it stopped being about the good of the country long ago.  This is about pissing off their greatest enemy.  This is also known as "owning libs."  This is not about issues, the economy, abortion, the environment or even immigration, walls, religion, or homophobia.  This is a big, thousand-foot-scale cultural war.  Some of those issues I mentioned (immigration, religion, etc.) play a role in this war but for the most part, this is about sticking it to whoever they're sticking it to...the "elite" I guess.  

An Ivy League-educated obscenely rich (at least at one time) guy who has spent much of his adult life hanging out in Manhattan with NYC elites is th guy who finally remembered the forgotten America.
    come on. all the republican party does is shout "THE MILITARY" and the idiots go fucking hog wild and lap it up. he didn't remember shit. 
    I know.  I find it ironic that "the forgotten America" really believes a guy like this, is looking out for them.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I know.  I find it ironic that "the forgotten America" really believes a guy like this, is looking out for them.
    There was barely anything for Trump to remember. He basically locked himself in Trump Tower for 3 decades like some eccentric billionaire straight out of a comic book and has no clue what America was or is like. All he knows is a complete fantasy conjured up by his own twisted mind.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    The u.s. added over 300,000 jobs last month and trump is going to meet with Kim jong un, Not bad in my book. 
    HAHA. My god.
     I get  you don't like trump but adding jobs is a bad thing?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.
    Adolf Hitler fed his dog Blondie really well and cuddles with her. Not bad in my book.

Etc.

What president wouldn't have had those jobs added.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.
    Adolf Hitler fed his dog Blondie really well and cuddles with her. Not bad in my book.

Etc.

Yeah, that's the thing. Those jobs would have been added no matter who is in office (though even if that weren't the case.... I agree this is the kind of mentality that basically amounts to "Well, yes he slaughtered 6 million Jews and started WWII, but he totally fixed the German economy before that and made the trains run on time, so you gotta give him credit.").
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Yeah, that's the thing. Those jobs would have been added no matter who is in office (though even if that weren't the case.... I agree this is the kind of mentality that basically amounts to "Well, yes he slaughtered 6 million Jews and started WWII, but he totally fixed the German economy before that and made the trains run on time, so you gotta give him credit.").
    People not seeing the bigger picture but instead choosing to focus on stuff like "but he did meet with a dictator and didn't say anything racist this past tuesday, we have to take that in consideration!!" just look so transparent too me.

So, be happy with your added jobs while Trump fucks up everything the world is trying to come together about and the struggle with our climate. And btw, Charles Manson was great at playing guitar. Not bad in my book.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

People not seeing the bigger picture but instead choosing to focus on stuff like "but he did meet with a dictator and didn't say anything racist this past tuesday, we have to take that in consideration!!" just look so transparent too me.

So, be happy with your added jobs while Trump fucks up everything the world is trying to come together about and the struggle with our climate. And btw, Charles Manson was great at playing guitar. Not bad in my book.
    Was he? Well, that changes everything. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Was he? Well, that changes everything. 
    :lol:
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely [name-calling removed by Admin]. 

Post edited by Kat on
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely  [name-calling removed by Admin]. 

Unemployment was going down steadily before Trump is the point 

Post edited by Kat on
    The other point being that ignoring human rights abuses perpetrated by this administration just because someone likes the strong economy is unconscionable. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely retarted. 

And it continues to go down.  If trump was that bad wouldn’t job growth start to decline?
    The other point being that ignoring human rights abuses perpetrated by this administration just because someone likes the strong economy is unconscionable. 
     Just because I like the way the economy is going doesn’t mean I disregard how he is separating children from families. 
    My stocks are up, my 403b is up and my paycheck is up. Financially I am happy that trump is president. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely 
     [name-calling removed by Admin]. 

And it continues to go down.  If trump was that bad wouldn’t job growth start to decline?
    Obama took the economy from 10% unemployment to 4.8% and was given no credit and Team Trump Treason took it from 4.8% to 3.8% and he’s the greatest, MAGA. That 1% drop does not make up for the damage to our reputation, his coziness with despotic leaders, harm to the environment or his draconian immigration policies. I’m sorry you can’t see that.                                                                         

Post edited by Kat on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely retarted. 

Obama took the economy from 10% unemployment to 4.8% and was given no credit and Team Trump Treason took it from 4.8% to 3.8% and he’s the greatest, MAGA. That 1% drop does not make up for the damage to our reputation, his coziness with despotic leaders, harm to the environment or his draconian immigration policies. I’m sorry you can’t see that.                                                                         

Again, I voted for Obama twice and voted for Clinton but whatever.  I give Obama plenty of credit, I absolutely love the guy. But if trump was as big a moron as you all make him out to be wouldn’t unemployment be going back up? 
    Coziness with despotic leaders? I am assuming you are talking about Un. Isn’t it better he is trying to reach out to North Korea to hopefully make peace instead of sending troops north of the 38th parallel?
    harm to the environment, yeah he sucks with the environment. But I don’t recall anyone arguing that he was a damn tree hugger.
    Yeah children have been separated from families but what else can be done about illegal immigration?  I don’t know the answer but maybe, just maybe people are getting wind of this and are deciding to do it the legal way. 

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Again, I voted for Obama twice and voted for Clinton but whatever.  I give Obama plenty of credit, I absolutely love the guy. But if trump was as big a moron as you all make him out to be wouldn’t unemployment be going back up? 
    Coziness with despotic leaders? I am assuming you are talking about Un. Isn’t it better he is trying to reach out to North Korea to hopefully make peace instead of sending troops north of the 38th parallel?
    harm to the environment, yeah he sucks with the environment. But I don’t recall anyone arguing that he was a damn tree hugger.
    Yeah children have been separated from families but what else can be done about illegal immigration?  I don’t know the answer but maybe, just maybe people are getting wind of this and are deciding to do it the legal way. 

Greasing the economy in the form of $1.5 trillion tax cut for an economy that didn’t need greasing and an unnecessary trade war for 1% drop in unemployment is stupid. Just wait until the retaliatory tariffs take effect and the recession begins. Coziness with putin on the ritz, Un and Duearte leave me scratching my head as the US used to champion human rights. There are and have been multiple suggestions for addressing the immigration issue but separating children from their families is not and will not be acceptable to me. Have you seen the numbers at the southern border? It’s not working. Showering a brutal dictator with praise in the absence of any concrete actions, declaring victory and lying about it is hardly leadership. Coal is the future? For fucks sake.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    And here’s the dark underbelly of that “roaring” economy where those at the top gain the most. Who are those voiceless, forgotten Americans going to turn to next?

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2018/06/15/why-many-americans-arent-benefiting-from-robust-us-economy

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
     Just because I like the way the economy is going doesn’t mean I disregard how he is separating children from families. 
    My stocks are up, my 403b is up and my paycheck is up. Financially I am happy that trump is president. 
    Were you happy about the economy a year and a half ago? Because trump would have you believe it was shit right up until he took office. Remember his lie, that he kept repeating, that the unemployment rate was really, 20, 25, 30%?  Notice how he stopped saying that after he was elected? He is a lying sack of shit who only cares about himself. 

120 months or so of sustained growth. Second longest such streak in our country’s history. It’s an amazing feat, considering where we were in 2008.  You’d think our government would mention such things, and would be proud of such things. Why do you think they’ve never once mentioned it?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Greasing the economy in the form of $1.5 trillion tax cut for an economy that didn’t need greasing and an unnecessary trade war for 1% drop in unemployment is stupid. Just wait until the retaliatory tariffs take effect and the recession begins. Coziness with putin on the ritz, Un and Duearte leave me scratching my head as the US used to champion human rights. There are and have been multiple suggestions for addressing the immigration issue but separating children from their families is not and will not be acceptable to me. Have you seen the numbers at the southern border? It’s not working. Showering a brutal dictator with praise in the absence of any concrete actions, declaring victory and lying about it is hardly leadership. Coal is the future? For fucks sake.

It’s a joke. He’s brainwashed a third of this country. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2018
    Meanwhile, you're leaving your children a bag of shit... 

He's an asshole bully riding the coattails of a strong economy,  and disgraces America and the dignity of the office he holds on a daily basis. 

Post edited by my2hands on
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely 
    You should not call other people, on a message board or in real life, "retarded". 

Disgusting.

The Hitler-comparison is apt. People had more money in their wallets too after he came to power. I believe he did some shitty stuff too, but I bet people were financially happy in the late 30s. "Not bad in some peoples books."
    Post edited by Kat on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Yep it’s all about the bottom dollar 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

You should not call other people, on a message board or in real life, "retarded". 

Disgusting.

The Hitler-comparison is apt. People had more money in their wallets too after he came to power. I believe he did some shitty stuff too, but I bet people were financially happy in the late 30s. "Not bad in some peoples books."
    Not exactly unless you consider widespread famine, food lines and starvation "happy.".  There were 6 million unemployed (which was close to 30%!!!) in Germany in the 1930's.  They were absolutely suffering and the Great Depression hit them hard there.  The economy had improved for a few years after ww1 before that, like between 1924-1929, but it crashed hard, opening the door for Hitler.  It's said that a wheelbarrow full of German notes would buy only a few groceries, the value of German money had dropped so far.  Hitler ran on economic promises, one of the early ways he and the Nazi's rose to power.  One of the things he did to grow their economy was take raw materials from all around Europe and return German manufactured goods in exchange.  He also used these raw materials to build the war machine.  Putting Germany to work towards war had a lot to do with any gains they saw as well.  So Germany in the 30's was pretty horrible for the most part, definitely far from "financially happy."
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Disgusting.

Not exactly unless you consider widespread famine, food lines and starvation "happy.".  There were 6 million unemployed (which was close to 30%!!!) in Germany in the 1930's.  They were absolutely suffering and the Great Depression hit them hard there.  The economy had improved for a few years after ww1 before that, like between 1924-1929, but it crashed hard, opening the door for Hitler.  It's said that a wheelbarrow full of German notes would buy only a few groceries, the value of German money had dropped so far.  Hitler ran on economic promises, one of the early ways he and the Nazi's rose to power.  One of the things he did to grow their economy was take raw materials from all around Europe and return German manufactured goods in exchange.  He also used these raw materials to build the war machine.  Putting Germany to work towards war had a lot to do with any gains they saw as well.  So Germany in the 30's was pretty horrible for the most part, definitely far from "financially happy."

Which exactly proves the point you are refuting, although you disagree on the timeline. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Disgusting.

Which exactly proves the point you are refuting, although you disagree on the timeline. 
    He said people were financially happy in the late 30’s in Germany.  I said if you think having 30% unemployment is happy then perhaps you’re correct.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Disgusting.

He said people were financially happy in the late 30’s in Germany.  I said if you think having 30% unemployment is happy then perhaps you’re correct.

Actually, the over 30% unemployment was in the early 1930s. By the late '30s it had dropped markedly. Still missing the point made by SC.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Disgusting.

Actually, the over 30% unemployment was in the early 1930s. By the late '30s it had dropped markedly. Still missing the point made by SC.
    You’re right. I concede that.  What was his point though, that a growing economy allows one to fairly compare hitler to trump?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    HAHA. My god.

Etc.

Disgusting.

You’re right. I concede that.  What was his point though, that a growing economy allows one to fairly compare hitler to trump?
    I believe his point was that people ignored the steady creep of erosion of human rights, little by little, because they were happy about the improvement in their own economic status.