Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Israeli Spokesperson Michal Maayan on why the IDF are shooting and killing protestors: "well you cant put them all in jail, there are hundreds of them, I can tell you they were attacking the fence"
    The fence must be protected at all cost, the fence! the fence!
    Jail the jail-less! Shoot the legless while you're at it!

That's awful man what a fucked up world , there will be no peace this administration made sure of it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Israeli Spokesperson Michal Maayan on why the IDF are shooting and killing protestors: "well you cant put them all in jail, there are hundreds of them, I can tell you they were attacking the fence"
    The fence must be protected at all cost, the fence! the fence!
    Jail the jail-less! Shoot the legless while you're at it!

That's awful man what a fucked up world , there will be no peace this administration made sure of it ...
    So fuking pissed off.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    benjs said:
    i think the time is long overdue when not only  israel is made a pariah, but also the united states and any other country(which includes my own) that chooses to stand with them. israel has continually shown for the past 70 years that they have no intention(nor have they ever) of living peacefully with the palestinians. instead they  burn their crops,  bulldoze their houses,  raze their villages, deny them the same amenities as the jews, separate families, restrict movement, require palestinians to have ID cards, subject  palestinians to checkpoints, commit midnight raids complete with and physical torture, murder with impunity as well as jail and kill their children.. and have convinced the world that they are the victim. ISRAEL HAS NEVER BEEN A VICTIM... IT IS AN APARTHEID STATE WHO CONTINUALLY ABUSES THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. 
    I find it sad that a group of people (the jews) who were victims of the holocaust have not learned from that experience and are now the evil, committing atrocities against the Palestinians. The jews would be the last group of people you'd  expect to commit atrocities in the world.
    I find it insulting and dangerous that people refer to Israelis and Jews like they’re one and the same. We’re not. Many of us have vehement opposition to Israeli actions or inactions, are outspoken in advocating for justice and peace, but since we are not Israelis, have no rights to produce any change there. 

The practice of conflating these groups is very real, and I have had to defend myself against angry people who assumed that because I’m Jewish, I  and other Jews will blindly follow Israeli talking points. That’s likely why it’s after Israeli attacks on Palestinians, three times now in Toronto I can remember we’ve had swastikas graffitied on synagogues.

Apologies for this semi-rant, but you hit a sore spot.

No need to apologize Benjs. People have been hating on The Jews for centuries. There are many people  in the world, and a few on here, who blame The Jews for many bad things. And also believe that The Jews are in control.of the world' financial systems and the weather.
    All of this is based solely on fear, hate, ignorance, jealousy,  and lies.

Shalom 

I hope you're not having a dig at me there?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    benjs said:
    i think the time is long overdue when not only  israel is made a pariah, but also the united states and any other country(which includes my own) that chooses to stand with them. israel has continually shown for the past 70 years that they have no intention(nor have they ever) of living peacefully with the palestinians. instead they  burn their crops,  bulldoze their houses,  raze their villages, deny them the same amenities as the jews, separate families, restrict movement, require palestinians to have ID cards, subject  palestinians to checkpoints, commit midnight raids complete with and physical torture, murder with impunity as well as jail and kill their children.. and have convinced the world that they are the victim. ISRAEL HAS NEVER BEEN A VICTIM... IT IS AN APARTHEID STATE WHO CONTINUALLY ABUSES THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. 
    I find it sad that a group of people (the jews) who were victims of the holocaust have not learned from that experience and are now the evil, committing atrocities against the Palestinians. The jews would be the last group of people you'd  expect to commit atrocities in the world.
    I find it insulting and dangerous that people refer to Israelis and Jews like they’re one and the same. We’re not. Many of us have vehement opposition to Israeli actions or inactions, are outspoken in advocating for justice and peace, but since we are not Israelis, have no rights to produce any change there. 

The practice of conflating these groups is very real, and I have had to defend myself against angry people who assumed that because I’m Jewish, I  and other Jews will blindly follow Israeli talking points. That’s likely why it’s after Israeli attacks on Palestinians, three times now in Toronto I can remember we’ve had swastikas graffitied on synagogues.

No need to apologize Benjs. People have been hating on The Jews for centuries. There are many people  in the world, and a few on here, who blame The Jews for many bad things. And also believe that The Jews are in control.of the world' financial systems and the weather.

Shalom 

doubt it. havent seenyou subscribe to any of whats stated above.

so other than mistakenly casting the wide net snaring the whole ,when I believe you really meant the certain few , the above statement doesnt apply to you, does it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Shalom 

doubt it. havent seenyou subscribe to any of whats stated above.

so other than mistakenly casting the wide net snaring the whole ,when I believe you really meant the certain few , the above statement doesnt apply to you, does it?
    Which is why I am asking. Who knows what he/she is thinking.
    Don't like the tone of your post btw...
    point being if you dont think it applies, why should you really care what they think?

you go ahead and have a day.

btw, my tone suggested I dont believe it applied to you.  but whatever.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    point being if you dont think it applies, why should you really care what they think?

you go ahead and have a day.

btw, my tone suggested I dont believe it applied to you.  but whatever.
    "the above statement doesnt apply to you, does it?"

I am referring to the above, it sounds like you're annoyed....
    Why are you always like this towards me?
    Anyways, peace.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    benjs said:

Shalom 

Nope no dig at you.
    The people on here who subscribe to the conspiracy theories  I wrote about know exactly who they  are.
    And we know who they are as well.
    Hate cannot be hidden.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    benjs said:

Shalom 

You think this conflation is an intentional racist act - I don’t. I see much more intention in the conflation from Israeli leaders to convince the world to shut up about egregious acts.

With all due respect, the self-pitying Jewish identity from what some see as perpetual hatred aimed at us is not something I come close to believing.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I can only remember one person ever making comments about Jewish conspiracies on this board, and they’ve been banned for quite a while.  So I’m not sure who you’re referring to, Bentley.  Pretty serious accusation to leave hanging like that.  If you’re not willing to name names, you’re enabling, no?
    benjs said:

Shalom 

Nope no dig at you.
    The people on here who subscribe to the conspiracy theories  I wrote about know exactly who they  are.
    And we know who they are as well.
    Hate cannot be hidden.
    Cool. 
    :)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Anyone watch Killing Gaza yet?
    Dan Cohen and Max Blumenthal.
    Incredible work.  On the ground after the 2014 war/slaughter.  It’s heartbreakingly humanizing.  You rarely see an  unapologetically Palestinian point of view.  That’s what this is.  Gotta pay a couple bucks but it’s worth it.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/killinggaza
    Assisting sanctioned Russian oligarchs in avoiding the law. Nice ally.

Russian Oligarch, After Visa Troubles in Britain, Surfaces in Israel - The New York Times https://apple.news/Ao7wIJU2vSheJDUxJUBiTxg
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    US vetoes UN resolution offering 'protection' for Palestinians - The Hill https://apple.news/AnlwFea-RToKXjhk0s7doNA

Brilliantati©
    Helping Russian oligarchs and bribing the Team Trump Treason Administration. Someone should ask Bibi how and why the Palestinians should expect a fair shake from the US in any peace process given Jared Dear boy’s activities of late. Oh, I forgot, government corruption is necessary and brilliant in all its brilliancy to upend the ruling elites and give a voice to the forgotten white male in middle America. Defend that bullshit.

Rudy’s Week Has Gone from Bad to Finding Out You’ve Been Screwing Your (Second) Cousin for 14 Years - Vanity Fair https://apple.news/Adhw8gTfFSgqRYn90wdx_vA

It’s past the Ruddy Ghouliani piece. And geeze I wonder if the president’s budget request for appropriations to Israel will go up 5-10-15-20%? More?

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©
    “So the idea that this decision will trigger anything is simply ridiculous.”

12/09/2017 The Professor of BS

120 countries voted to condemn Israel for using 'excessive' force in Gaza clashes that killed over 100 people - Business Insider https://apple.news/AdjmnkX22RJu0flUrg7Gn8Q

Brilliantati©

120 countries voted to condemn Israel for using 'excessive' force in Gaza clashes that killed over 100 people - Business Insider https://apple.news/AdjmnkX22RJu0flUrg7Gn8Q
    Yep USA as long as you stand with apartheid state there will never be peace there ever !

But what are the ramifications of a condemnation? If Israel only needs US support, and US perpetually gives its support, and both Israel and the US consider it immaterial what the UN says or does - won’t condemnations continue to have no impact?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

But what are the ramifications of a condemnation? If Israel only needs US support, and US perpetually gives its support, and both Israel and the US consider it immaterial what the UN says or does - won’t condemnations continue to have no impact?
    wonder what the collective economic boycott of 120 countries would do?

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So someone catch me up...are we pro Israel or no?
    benjs said:

What are the ramifications of no condemnation? Everyone knows that the US blindly supports Israel. That doesn’t mean the rest of the world has to follow the misguided policy of the US. I would expect, that over time and with enough “world” condemnation of Israeli policy toward the Palestinians, Israel would change course. I won’t hold my breath though. Israel is in the process of making it illegal to film Israeli soldiers and to share the film by posting it or releasing it. They want to hide crimes against humanity. Welcome to the apartheid state.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

wonder what the collective economic boycott of 120 countries would do?
    I would love to see that happen. Unfortunately, how many nearly-unanimous condemnations have the UN issued to Israel? Compare that to how many collective economic boycotts of 120 countries which Israel has suffered. Forgive me for faithlessness on this, Mickeyrat, but I don't see it in the pipeline.

EV
    unsung said:
    what we arent is pro-israel using us tax dollars to kill innocents and further zionist ideology and land theft.

would have thought a small government fan such as yourself would take issue with us aid to israel. especially given their recently reported 4% gdp growth.

mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    what we arent is pro-israel using us tax dollars to kill innocents and further zionist ideology and land theft.

would have thought a small government fan such as yourself would take issue with us aid to israel. especially given their recently reported 4% gdp growth.
    To the tune of $3 billion a year buh, buh, buh my taxes!

Brilliantati©