Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i think the time is long overdue when not only  israel is made a pariah, but also the united states and any other country(which includes my own) that chooses to stand with them. israel has continually shown for the past 70 years that they have no intention(nor have they ever) of living peacefully with the palestinians. instead they  burn their crops,  bulldoze their houses,  raze their villages, deny them the same amenities as the jews, separate families, restrict movement, require palestinians to have ID cards, subject  palestinians to checkpoints, commit midnight raids complete with and physical torture, murder with impunity as well as jail and kill their children.. and have convinced the world that they are the victim. ISRAEL HAS NEVER BEEN A VICTIM... IT IS AN APARTHEID STATE WHO CONTINUALLY ABUSES THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018
    Seeing Ivanka Trump demurely and proudly announcing the opening of the new US Embassy while dozens of Palestinians were being murdered close by because of what she was praising made me want to puke. The Trumps are such a disgusting bunch of creeps, it's mind boggling.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJ_Soul said:
    Seeing Ivanka Trump demurely and proudly announcing the opening of the new US Embassy while dozens of Palestinians were being murdered close by because of what she was praising made me want to puke. The Trumps are such a disgusting bunch of creeps, it's mind boggling.
    You really think the Trumps are top of the Pyramid??? haha
    edited May 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You really think the Trumps are top of the Pyramid??? haha
    I don't understand what you mean by that. It has nothing to do with what I said.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    ISRAEL totally disgusting and for this administration to just stand by and watch the crimes being commited by the israeli gov is disgusting and shameful it makes me sick that i pay taxes into this government and specially watching this idiot orange baffoon in the WH is beyond absurd ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    ISRAEL totally disgusting and for this administration to just stand by and watch the crimes being commited by the israeli gov is disgusting and shameful it makes me sick that i pay taxes into this government and specially watching this idiot orange baffoon in the WH is beyond absurd ......
    Nice to see you take an interest, better late than never.
    Someone on here once described this behavior as "pandering"!
    JC29856 said:
    Nice to see you take an interest, better late than never.
    Someone on here once described this behavior as "pandering"!
    Sorry not everyone can be as politically correct as you are on every issue , to me the suffering of any population at the hands of any oppresing government is a horrible thing to witness the world should all stand up and say enough is enough ....
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    why the fuck is Trump's daughter and son in law there?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    i think the time is long overdue when not only  israel is made a pariah, but also the united states and any other country(which includes my own) that chooses to stand with them. israel has continually shown for the past 70 years that they have no intention(nor have they ever) of living peacefully with the palestinians. instead they  burn their crops,  bulldoze their houses,  raze their villages, deny them the same amenities as the jews, separate families, restrict movement, require palestinians to have ID cards, subject  palestinians to checkpoints, commit midnight raids complete with and physical torture, murder with impunity as well as jail and kill their children.. and have convinced the world that they are the victim. ISRAEL HAS NEVER BEEN A VICTIM... IT IS AN APARTHEID STATE WHO CONTINUALLY ABUSES THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. 
    I find it sad that a group of people (the jews) who were victims of the holocaust have not learned from that experience and are now the evil, committing atrocities against the Palestinians. The jews would be the last group of people you'd  expect to commit atrocities in the world.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I find it sad that a group of people (the jews) who were victims of the holocaust have not learned from that experience and are now the evil, committing atrocities against the Palestinians. The jews would be the last group of people you'd  expect to commit atrocities in the world.

yes it is very interesting that one of the most persecuted peoples in history have become theoppressor. but lets remmeber that we're not talking about ALL jews. just the govt, the settlers who illegally occupy palestinian homes and land... as well as the  army that protects them.   

also to blame are those govts who condone the policies and actions of the israeli aparthied govt. who seemed to be blinded (for whatever reason) to the ongoing humanitarian disaster that is gaza and the west bank. damn shame palestine has no resources the west wants. heaven forbid humanity came into it.  
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I find it insulting and dangerous that people refer to Israelis and Jews like they’re one and the same. We’re not. Many of us have vehement opposition to Israeli actions or inactions, are outspoken in advocating for justice and peace, but since we are not Israelis, have no rights to produce any change there. 

The practice of conflating these groups is very real, and I have had to defend myself against angry people who assumed that because I’m Jewish, I  and other Jews will blindly follow Israeli talking points. That’s likely why it’s after Israeli attacks on Palestinians, three times now in Toronto I can remember we’ve had swastikas graffitied on synagogues.

Apologies for this semi-rant, but you hit a sore spot.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    I find it insulting and dangerous that people refer to Israelis and Jews like they’re one and the same. We’re not. Many of us have vehement opposition to Israeli actions or inactions, are outspoken in advocating for justice and peace, but since we are not Israelis, have no rights to produce any change there. 

The practice of conflating these groups is very real, and I have had to defend myself against angry people who assumed that because I’m Jewish, I  and other Jews will blindly follow Israeli talking points. That’s likely why it’s after Israeli attacks on Palestinians, three times now in Toronto I can remember we’ve had swastikas graffitied on synagogues.

The Israeli government leaves little room for dissent and the opposing view or even the basic one of human dignity.

Unfortunately, it seems a common tendency among people in general to make blanket judgments about group x ,y or z. Especially so with that group in governance there, declaring that any criticism of them and their actions and policies, be it perfectly valid or not, as to be anti-Semitic.

Its difficult enough to have substantive diaglog on such an emotional subject without adding that fuel to the fire.

Couple that with , at least here in the US, an appalling lack of that oppositional Jewish voice gaining any news coverage.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    benjs said:

I've also criticised Israel on social media without even mentioning "jews" and have been called an anti semite by Jewish and non-Jewish people.
    So shall I just say "the people persecuting the Palestinians?" from now on because people conflate the two even if "jews" is not mentioned.
    Sorry that I offended you.
    benjs said:

I've also criticised Israel on social media without even mentioning "jews" and have been called an anti semite by Jewish and non-Jewish people.
    So shall I just say "the people persecuting the Palestinians?" from now on because people conflate the two even if "jews" is not mentioned.
    Sorry that I offended you.

perhaps its best to say zionists instead or many jews and not the suggested whole in using "the jews"..

I used the term Jews and I was wrong I apologize to anyone offended here , with that said Palestinians trapped in Gaza can even work to earn a penny unemployment amongst young men is at 75% for the past three years Israel is an oppressive government at best ! I meant can’t work 
    Israeli Spokesperson Michal Maayan on why the IDF are shooting and killing protestors: "well you cant put them all in jail, there are hundreds of them, I can tell you they were attacking the fence"
    JC29856 said:
    Israeli Spokesperson Michal Maayan on why the IDF are shooting and killing protestors: "well you cant put them all in jail, there are hundreds of them, I can tell you they were attacking the fence"
    The fence must be protected at all cost, the fence! the fence!
    JC29856 said:
    Jail the jail-less! Shoot the legless while you're at it!

edited May 2018

yes it is very interesting that one of the most persecuted peoples in history have become theoppressor. but lets remmeber that we're not talking about ALL jews. just the govt, the settlers who illegally occupy palestinian homes and land... as well as the  army that protects them.   

also to blame are those govts who condone the policies and actions of the israeli aparthied govt. who seemed to be blinded (for whatever reason) to the ongoing humanitarian disaster that is gaza and the west bank. damn shame palestine has no resources the west wants. heaven forbid humanity came into it.  
    Of course. Most of the Jews living in Israel are actually just secular-minded people who want peace like most normal people.... Of course, like most normal people, they are also biased towards Isreal/their own, whether they disapprove of any atrocities or not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Canadian doctor shot by Israeli sniper near Gaza border

“I am very seasoned about not being shot at. I know where to stand. I know where to be. I know how not to get shot,” he told The Globe and Mail in a telephone interview from Gaza where he recuperating. “Snipers don’t reach me because of mistakes. I did everything right. We were all huddled. We were high visibility. It was quiet at the exact moment I got shot. The bullet went through my left leg, through my right leg out and hit the ground.

About an hour later, Mr. Abuhassanin was shot by a sniper while providing medical help to protesters north of where Dr. Loubani was shot. “There was relatively heavy fire that was going on. He was wearing a high visibility jacket. It was clearly marked. He was shot in the chest,” Dr. Loubani said. “They couldn’t remove him. They couldn’t recover him for about 30 minutes until finally they dragged him to a blind spot and then dragged him down a hill and took him to the hospital in a civilian vehicle. He died before he got to the hospital.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-doctor-shot-by-israeli-sniper-near-gaza-border/
    benjs said:

No need to apologize Benjs. People have been hating on The Jews for centuries. There are many people  in the world, and a few on here, who blame The Jews for many bad things. And also believe that The Jews are in control.of the world' financial systems and the weather.
    All of this is based solely on fear, hate, ignorance, jealousy,  and lies.

Shalom 

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited May 2018

I highly recommend this film to everyone….

It’s hard to watch, but we all need to see the results of sending tax dollars, military and diplomatic support to a rogue ethno-supremacist apartheid state. It documents the unpunished and frequent war crimes during the Gaza slaughter in 2014, when Israel launched 10's of thousands of tank shells, 10's of thousands of artillery rounds, and millions of bullets at a million civilians locked in a cage with no where to hide.  It documents life following the slaughter: little clean water, 4 hours a day of electricity,  no heat in winter, nearly 50% unemployment, lack of sanitation, lack of rebuilding materials...the list goes on.  

Over 90% of children in Gaza suffer from PTSD, with little to no access to mental health care.     

Does anyone think this bodes well for future peace?   

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/killinggaza/252455184

Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    The conflation of 'Jew' with 'the state of Israel' has been the foundation of zionism since day one, no?  Honest question.

It is idiotic and bigoted to throw a blanket over any group of people for the actions of a few. 
    But this conflation issue is not just about bigotry against Jews  It is desirable to, (and perpetrated by) Israel's supporters all too often.  Every time the anti-semite claim is brandished following criticism of Israeli policy, it entrenches this conflation.  

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    The conflation of 'Jew' with 'the state of Israel' has been the foundation of zionism since day one, no?  Honest question.

It is idiotic and bigoted to throw a blanket over any group of people for the actions of a few. 
    But this conflation issue is not just about bigotry against Jews  It is desirable to, (and perpetrated by) Israel's supporters all too often.  Every time the anti-semite claim is brandished following criticism of Israeli policy, it entrenches this conflation.  

Unfortunately, regarding the history of the conflation, you’re right Kyle, and it’s a bizarre reality. 

This is why I push so hard for that conflation not to go on elsewhere. While I can’t control the leader of Israel spewing his bullshit about global Jewish support (done by equating Jews and Zionists, mass suppression/oppression/segregation/imprisonment/murder of Palestinians with “necessary security”, to bear witness to those false equivalences and say nothing perpetuates a myth of a unified, murderous Jewry, perpetuates division between Jews and almost everyone else (but most importantly on this topic, Jewish-Arab relations), and worst of all - as you mentioned - grows the ability of Netanyahu et al to have his words noted with credibility. If the diaspora recognized and fought for this to be seen as bullshit, it would absolutely take this intentional propaganda method out of running, and make anyone trying to use it seem like a lunatic (which frankly, I think Netanyahu would be best to be seen as such).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I wonder what the security cost will be for the new embassy?  Just silly to move the embassy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Jail the jail-less! Shoot the legless while you're at it!