Donald Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump supporters get slaughtered here for a legitimate reason. It's just like if, say, a Harvey Weinstein supporter came along and went off about how great that guy is. Wouldn't that person deserve to get "slaughtered" for defending a serial sexual predator? Or what if someone came on here voicing support for, say, Hitler? Well, any Trump supporter is defending a serial sexual predator too, as well as a con man, a liar, someone who is tearing apart environmental protections, and someone who defends neo-Nazis and who fakes being religious. Why should anyone be expected to be cool with someone who defends all that? 
    no one said it wasn't legitimate. look at tbergs post, then gern's reply, etc.  the point being made was that trump supporters are more than welcome to come here with their views. my point, which all of you are subsequently making, is that they are not. 
    Explain to me what you expect welcome to look like? They are not asked to leave or forced to leave. Yes, they will have to defend themselves just like any other thread here. If I go on the gun violence thread and proclaim that I love an Ar-15 just because it's fun to shoot, I am not going to be applauded for my view.
    ok, if your idea of "welcome" is "not being kicked out", then I suppose I misunderstood. I see those as opposite reactions, not similar. 

debating the issues, not yelling at people about how stupid/racist/complicit they are is what I consider "welcome". 
    But if they are being stupid/racist, etc.  How else would one react?
    if they are, have at er, obviously. if they merely state they voted for one, maybe hear them out. no one's mind ever got changed by being insulted. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Maybe, but I think lots of minds have been change from being shamed. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump supporters get slaughtered here for a legitimate reason. It's just like if, say, a Harvey Weinstein supporter came along and went off about how great that guy is. Wouldn't that person deserve to get "slaughtered" for defending a serial sexual predator? Or what if someone came on here voicing support for, say, Hitler? Well, any Trump supporter is defending a serial sexual predator too, as well as a con man, a liar, someone who is tearing apart environmental protections, and someone who defends neo-Nazis and who fakes being religious. Why should anyone be expected to be cool with someone who defends all that? 
    no one said it wasn't legitimate. look at tbergs post, then gern's reply, etc.  the point being made was that trump supporters are more than welcome to come here with their views. my point, which all of you are subsequently making, is that they are not. 
    Explain to me what you expect welcome to look like? They are not asked to leave or forced to leave. Yes, they will have to defend themselves just like any other thread here. If I go on the gun violence thread and proclaim that I love an Ar-15 just because it's fun to shoot, I am not going to be applauded for my view.
    ok, if your idea of "welcome" is "not being kicked out", then I suppose I misunderstood. I see those as opposite reactions, not similar. 

debating the issues, not yelling at people about how stupid/racist/complicit they are is what I consider "welcome". 
    if they are, have at er, obviously. if they merely state they voted for one, maybe hear them out. no one's mind ever got changed by being insulted. 

I think you're overreacting to this stuff...there are good people on both sides.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm shaming who in the what now?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    I'm shaming who in the what now?
    You're kidding, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think you're overreacting to this stuff...there are good people on both sides.
    But there's definitely more full sets of teeth on one side.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJ_Soul said:
    Agreed....I was shamed into changing my views about a few subjects over the years.  I used to be a Limbaugh republican back in the day.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

But there's definitely more full sets of teeth on one side.
    Think about it....the GOP had to appeal to the Billy Bob's of the country in order to stay viable.  Why else would people vote against their own self interests?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    Like it or lump it Trump has been on a roll lately and his approval numbers are still climbing.
    on a roll? and his approval numbers are climbing? I haven't read/watched any american news lately, so I can't rebut that, but I'd like to know where you are getting that from..
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Like it or lump it Trump has been on a roll lately and his approval numbers are still climbing.
    on a roll? and his approval numbers are climbing? I haven't read/watched any american news lately, so I can't rebut that, but I'd like to know where you are getting that from..
    On a role = the upcoming meeting with Kim Jon un, (It hasn't happened yet I know, but I hope it goes well) the return of 3 Americans.  Unemployment is way low including for minorities.  Backing out of the Iran deal.  The tax cuts resulted in many people getting raises (I did), or bonuses, my 401K is way better than it was.  Real estate is way up in value.
    I believe that most polsters oversample Democrats.  The last several election predictions nationality, & locally, (im not going to say all, because I can't keep track of all, but most of the major ones have been off.) they got wrong.
    So weather they are accurate or not, Trump has been trending up in pretty much all of them.  I drive semitruck so I listen to a lot of news/talk stations.  So I had to look around and find one that kind of showed all of them hopefully this answers your question. I don't claim to know everything.
    Several of the most recent polls a week or so ago, a lot of the pollsters didn't believe their own results.  Trump's numbers are higher than they anticipated.  I don't have time to dig out more articles but maybe this little thing will make sense.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

edited May 2018
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    On a role = the upcoming meeting with Kim Jon un, (It hasn't happened yet I know, but I hope it goes well) the return of 3 Americans.  Unemployment is way low including for minorities.  Backing out of the Iran deal.  The tax cuts resulted in many people getting raises (I did), or bonuses, my 401K is way better than it was.  Real estate is way up in value.
    I believe that most polsters oversample Democrats.  The last several election predictions nationality, & locally, (im not going to say all, because I can't keep track of all, but most of the major ones have been off.) they got wrong.
    So weather they are accurate or not, Trump has been trending up in pretty much all of them.  I drive semitruck so I listen to a lot of news/talk stations.  So I had to look around and find one that kind of showed all of them hopefully this answers your question. I don't claim to know everything.
    Several of the most recent polls a week or so ago, a lot of the pollsters didn't believe their own results.  Trump's numbers are higher than they anticipated.  I don't have time to dig out more articles but maybe this little thing will make sense.

I think a lot of what you said here is utter nonsense.

Regarding the poll numbers. This is the link I replied to you with earlier. It shows that he is still historically low. The only elected president he is above right now in the history of polling is... Jimmy Carter. Also the Rasmussen poll, which Trump touted recently as hitting 51%, has dropped to 47% in the last 10 days. This is what you mean by "being on a roll?" Huh?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I think a lot of what you said here is utter nonsense.

Regarding the poll numbers. This is the link I replied to you with earlier. It shows that he is still historically low. The only elected president he is above right now is Jimmy Carter. Also the Rasmussen poll, which Trump touted recently as hitting 51%, has dropped to 47% in the last 10 days. This is what you mean by "being on a roll?" Huh?

Well, that and 60 dead Palestinians and NK threatening to cancel the Trumpian summit. Winning!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    playing devil's advocate here:

why does everyone give obama credit for bin laden but give trump zero credit when high ranking ISIS militants are captured/killed? you can't have both. did trump have anything to do with it? doubtful, but he likely still had to be in on it and possibly give his blessing. I highly doubt Obama was in on the planning of capturing bin laden. he merely listened to his generals and gave the ok to go in and got a picture taken while he watched it on tv. 

It's tough to play devil's advocate in this thread. For good reason, the hatred runs deep for McDonald Trump.

I hate poopy pants as much as the next guy, but the venom spit at Scruffy in the last few pages has been excessive in my opinion.
    That’s because it’s lop-sided in here.  It’s 1,000 against 1. Anyone who utters one word that is not pure hatred for trump is chastised. It’s kind of pathetic. 
    Same can be said of those that don’t give Obama an ounce of credit for anything. Like bringing 13 hostages back from NK. Or just maybe having common decency, professionalism, empathy and actually got things done for the best interests of the country, despite, “our number one priority is to see this president fail,” and not his ego.
    But no one is talking about Obama in this Trump thread. The point is that this is a political thread where people should be able to voice their opinions without getting ripped. One member said Trump has done a decent job, constructively and respectfully gave his reasons, and he got lambasted by everyone. That makes for a pretty boring thread in my opinion. 
    Because they disagree with his assessment of Trump’s performance. It’s boring if everyone just said, yup, I’m with you. Personally, I enjoy reading the Team Trump Treason defenders. It’s astounding to me.

This whole thread is everyone saying precisely that. “Yup, I’m with you.”  That’s my point. One person says otherwise and the masses want to tar and feather him. 
    Can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. McGruff seems to hold his own quite well. Hell, he and I are going to solve all the world’s problems at the next jointly attended pre/post party. Like I said, astounding.
    wrigley 2 baby!  we are saving the world!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Are you gonna wear a MAGA hat?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    I think people are just being whiners or something. I get ripped all the time for my opinions here and nobody's standing up to defend me. You don't see me crying about it, lol. I simply choose to stand up for myself and debate it to the death if necessary, or I choose to drop it.
    Tiki said:
    I'm not really a hat guy.  I grew up a 1/2 mile from the beach (and now about 6 miles) so I usually buy one Quiksilver hat a year.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:
    I'm not really a hat guy.  I grew up a 1/2 mile from the beach (and now about 6 miles) so I usually buy one Quiksilver hat a year.
    No Zogs Sex Wax?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:
    No Zogs Sex Wax?
    lol  I used to put that crap on my boards when I was in Middle and High school.  I was always too afraid of my parents reaction to buy any of their apparel.
    edited May 2018
    Tough day for meuller’s witch hunt.  Guess the federal judge thinks meuller’s full of shit, just like the rest of us already knew.  Go away, Bob, she lost, stop wasting taxpayer money.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/04/federal-judge-accuses-muellers-team-lying-trying-to-target-trump-cmon-man.amp.html

I've got some bad news for you, @rolemodelsinblood31

Federal judge rejects Manafort's bid to dismiss Mueller indictment

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/15/manafort-mueller-indictment-590215

“The indictment falls squarely within that portion of the authority granted to the Special Counsel that Manafort finds unobjectionable: the order to investigate ‘any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign,’” Jackson wrote.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • dignin said:

classic
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    dignin said:

classic
    Making the world great again?
    dignin said:

classic
    With cheese?

Brilliantati©
  • dignin said:

classic
    With cheese?

Yup.

The orange variety of cheese Soul was so fascinated with in the Pizza Thread lol!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:

classic
    It really is classic Trump. I'm a little surprised his name isn't in larger font than the US of A. Give it a few more years I guess.
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    I was curious about what he has been on a roll about lately so I sought out his advisers and found this.

Is this what you mean?

I've been through this with Mr Ryme before. He does not watch or read any news despite sharing the same talking points that appear on Fox and Friends every morning.

It is an uncanny coincidence... the likes of which the world has never seen.

What he has been doing is what I like.
    Those things on that list I think are great.
    talking points.  You take what you hear and spout what you think you know.
    So you spew out leftie talking points, & I spew out righty talking points.  Ok.
    Mr. Facetious. . You get all your s*** from CNN and MSNBC and ABC NBC PBS BBC
    . It's an uncanny coincidence that all you talk about is spewed out on all those major networks everyday but but I know you came up with all your opinions on your own by coincidence.  And everything you say is original thought.  Yeppers!
    I start my day at 2 a.m. Fox & Friends is not on when I'm home.
    But I do listen to a lot of News Talk Radio.
    Post edited by RYME on
    edited May 2018
    Hmmmm.... Not that I even get any of those so-called "left" networks you just named RYME, so I'm not sure how you'd explain where I'm coming from, lol, even taking any more liberal bias into account, sorry, FOX News isn't comparable to those other networks in terms of what they report, how they report it, and their reporting standards. I guess that is one of your main problems, if you think FOX News is the right wing equivalent to any of the other news networks.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hmmmm.... Not that I even get any of those so-called "left" networks you just named RYME, so I'm not sure how you'd explain where I'm coming from, lol, even taking any more liberal bias into account, sorry, FOX News isn't comparable to those other networks in terms of what they report, how they report it, and their reporting standards. I guess that is one of your main problems, if you think FOX News is the right wing equivalent to any of the other news networks.
    I don't watch Fox News & you live in Canada so you got your own stuff to listen to up there and puff you up.
  • RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't watch Fox News & you live in Canada so you got your own stuff to listen to up there and puff you up.

Puff you up?
    edited May 2018
    RYME said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    I was curious about what he has been on a roll about lately so I sought out his advisers and found this.

Is this what you mean?

I've been through this with Mr Ryme before. He does not watch or read any news despite sharing the same talking points that appear on Fox and Friends every morning.

It is an uncanny coincidence... the likes of which the world has never seen.

What he has been doing is what I like.
    Those things on that list I think are great.
    talking points.  You take what you hear and spout what you think you know.
    So you spew out leftie talking points, & I spew out righty talking points.  Ok.
    Mr. Facetious. . You get all your s*** from CNN and MSNBC and ABC NBC PBS BBC
    . It's an uncanny coincidence that all you talk about is spewed out on all those major networks everyday but but I know you came up with all your opinions on your own by coincidence.  And everything you say is original thought.  Yeppers!
    I start my day at 2 a.m. Fox & Friends is not on when I'm home.
    But I do listen to a lot of News Talk Radio.

You like that list? That list was put together for one audience, Donald Trump.

"Rising approval numbers" is NOT an "accomplishment." They're actually lower than any other elected president not named Jimmy Carter.

Two judges "rebuking Mueller's investigation" is also not an accomplishment. The one today actually ruled in favor of Mueller anyway. I don't think Trump or Fox and Friends or Hannity or Rush on the radio will tell that to you though.

Two of the prisoners were taken while Trump was in office anyway.

And the economy was great prior to Trump coming into office. He literally inherited a great economy and then just took all the credit for it.

chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.