2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    How the hell did the Raptors lose that game???  
    Because a Canadian victory is only worth 0.77 US victories.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    How the hell did the Raptors lose that game???  
    Because a Canadian victory is only worth 0.77 US victories.
    That is funny!

Great game last night.  I was angry as hell at shot selection towards the end but they still won...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    drives me crazy how NBA refs reward harden with foul shots when he’s the motherfucker who initiates the contact. bullshit way to get your points, IMO.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wobbie said:
    drives me crazy how NBA refs reward harden with foul shots when he’s the motherfucker who initiates the contact. bullshit way to get your points, IMO.
    Curry too. Cant go near him.  Anthony Davis gets tackled and still doesn't get calls 
    Wobbie said:
    Curry too. Cant go near him.  Anthony Davis gets tackled and still doesn't get calls 
    That's because the refs can't stop staring at that "brow"...

But seriously, Harden should be called for the foul when he launches himself at a defender.
    Wobbie said:

But seriously, Harden should be called for the foul when he launches himself at a defender.

thank you. if he makes the shot, it’s gravy for him. otherwise, the 85% FT shooter goes to the line, which is like shooting FG’s (2s and 3s) at an 85% clip.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    king lebron.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    king lebron.
    Yep.
    Well the Sixers met their match now.  Celts in 5.
    Dude, you are so easily swayed over small sample sizes. The Celtics played over their heads while the Sixers played well below theirs. Gonna be a long series, not a short one. 
    Yep...
    Awfully quiet in here today...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Quite a game last night.
    Sixers' youth and inexperience definitely showed. Tough for a group that young to succeed on the road in the playoffs.
    We'll see how they bounce back at home tomorrow.
    Talk about Donovan Mitchell, Simmons and Fultz all you want. I'm quite pleased to know that the Celts have the rookie who will likely have the best career of all of them. Hell of a trade Ainge made. He said all along Tatum was his guy and would have taken him #1, and you can see why, so the Sixers could have landed Fultz at 3 (Lakers were definitely taking Lonzo at 2), so Celtics get Sacto's pick next year as a bonus.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.
    Sixers' youth and inexperience definitely showed. Tough for a group that young to succeed on the road in the playoffs.
    Talk about Donovan Mitchell, Simmons and Fultz all you want. I'm quite pleased to know that the Celts have the rookie who will likely have the best career of all of them. Hell of a trade Ainge made. He said all along Tatum was his guy and would have taken him #1, and you can see why, so the Sixers could have landed Fultz at 3 (Lakers were definitely taking Lonzo at 2), so Celtics get Sacto's pick next year as a bonus.
    The Sixers need a coach to teach them some Discipline.  They have an amazing team, I hate admitting that, they just need someone to help them get to the next level.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    LOL Raptors...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    LOL Raptors...

Feels like we've seen this movie before
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.
    The Sixers need a coach to teach them some Discipline.  They have an amazing team, I hate admitting that, they just need someone to help them get to the next level.
    Sometimes young teams just have to learn? Regardless of the coach?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Congrats to Mr. Kokoskov, the first European head coach..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Rondooooo
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.
    The insane run the asylum, keep teaching bad habits...

There was a reason Mark Jackson was let go from the Warriors and he is one hell of a coach.  Just sayin...

Sometimes you need help to reach that next level.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited May 2018
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.

There was a reason Mark Jackson was let go from the Warriors and he is one hell of a coach.  Just sayin...

All due respect, I think you're entirely off base. Brown did a masterful job this year and will be a coach of the year finalist. Most people assumed 40 wins and an 8 seed would qualify for a successful season. They won 52 and are are the 3 seed. Those guys are not the ones who get fired. 

The help you speak of, is a player who can create his own shot. The fact that he got them this far without anyone on the roster who can do that speaks volumes. This is still an incomplete team.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.

All due respect, I think you're entirely off base. Brown did a masterful job this year and will be a coach of the year finalist. Most people assumed 40 wins and an 8 seed would qualify for a successful season. They won 52 and are are the 3 seed. Those guys are not the ones who get fired. 

The help you speak of, is a player who can create his own shot. The fact that he got them this far without anyone on the roster who can do that speaks volumes. This is still an incomplete team.
    Incomplete?  Fair enough.  I only see upside in this team.  My thoughts were they would never stay healthy so nothing would ever come of them but they are proving me and everyone else wrong.

You don't see the team as kind of just going out there and winging it?  They are so athletic that they can get away with it during the regular season.  Just curious if you see it like that too?
    So I am sad to admit that I have not paid much attention to Anthony Davis mainly because his teams have stunk.  What an amazing player he is. 

Man, he and Rondo work really good together.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Quite a game last night.

Incomplete?  Fair enough.  I only see upside in this team.  My thoughts were they would never stay healthy so nothing would ever come of them but they are proving me and everyone else wrong.

You don't see the team as kind of just going out there and winging it?  They are so athletic that they can get away with it during the regular season.  Just curious if you see it like that too?
    No I don’t see it that way. They have a specific offense and run plays that are geared to a point guard with Simmons’s specific traits. It’s not easy running an offense with a guard who cannot shoot the ball much at all and who has never played the point before either. 

Other than Ben and Jo, they’re not the most athletic team. This is actually something the Celtics have been able to exploit so far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So I am sad to admit that I have not paid much attention to Anthony Davis mainly because his teams have stunk.  What an amazing player he is. 

Most fun team in the league to watch. I think ive seen 80 of their 82 regular season games this year :lol:

they’re better with Cousins.  The chemistry was terrific. They were starting to dominate everyone before he tore his achilles.  

Most fun team in the league to watch. I think ive seen 80 of their 82 regular season games this year :lol:

they’re better with Cousins.  The chemistry was terrific. They were starting to dominate everyone before he tore his achilles.  
    I’d love to hear about their transformation into a playoff team. I’d read and heard about them but paid them no mind...
    76ers down 3-0...
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

80 of 82.  Respect.  I love basketball, sadly, I don't get to watch as much.  I'm also a Knicks fan who recently moved out of the Tristate.  Regardless, better believe I sit through the pain 75% of the time, the other 25% I either miss the game altogether or the streaming lag was just too much to handle. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    See above post.. I have zero room to talk shit and obviously hate Boston teams, but I thought this was hilarious

LBJ > MJ

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13