Options

2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Poncier said:
    tbergs said:
     Since 1980, In the same time span 21 different baseball teams have won a championship and 17 (or 18 if you consider LA and St. Louis different teams) football teams. 

Curious as to how considering the LA Rams and St. Louis Rams as different teams would up the number of NFL teams to win a Superb Owl by 1?
    Rams have only 1 title, have never won while in LA.
    Ha! Thanks for catching that. Should be LA Raiders and Oakland Raiders. Brain lapse.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Ah, makes more sense.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    igotid88 said:
    ed243421 said:
    igotid88 said:
    No Coder said:
    bbiggs said:
    Cavs are gonna get smoked...
    This
    Completely agree. IF Lebron can beat the Warriors, then I will put him next to MJ as equal GOAT, because that would be the greatest finals victory ever
    He did beat the Warriors. The 73 win Warriors
    With Kyrie 
    still beat them.
    My point was that IF he wins this time, it will essentially be a 1 man show and a great achievement.

Yes he has beaten them once before, but not as they are assembled now and not with as little help
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'd put beating the 73-win Warriors after going down 3-1 in the series as a greater accomplishment than beating this year's Warriors.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,408
    Even though I'm not expecting the Cavs to win. But if they somehow manage to. Don't say it was because Iguodala wasn't playing or he wasn't able to play his game.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    don't really care for either team at this point, getting boring.  Guess i'm rooting for Golden State.  I think Lebron will get too tired, they might win a game or two though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I'd put beating the 73-win Warriors after going down 3-1 in the series as a greater accomplishment than beating this year's Warriors.
    It would have been a better achievement if Green wasn't suspended for game 5

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    No Coder said:
    Green earned that suspension with all of the Technicals he received during those playoffs. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    don't really care for either team at this point, getting boring.  Guess i'm rooting for Golden State.  I think Lebron will get too tired, they might win a game or two though.
    Would you be bored if it was the 76ers in the 4th straight Final?> =)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    No Coder said:
    lot of shade gettin thrown round here...
  • Options
    No Coder said:
    True dat!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    “presumptive MVP,” my ass. lebron is 1000x more “valuable” than harden.

hate to say, I doubt cleveland gets two games. only way cleveland has any shot is if korver, hill and JR play to their max potential EVERY night.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    When do the Finals start?  Mid-June?  I figure the NBA probably need 2 weeks rest.  Those boys gotta be tired leisurely jogging back and forth 90 feet.

See you at the Stanley Cup! Where real men play a tough sport.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    When do the Finals start?  Mid-June?  I figure the NBA probably need 2 weeks rest.  Those boys gotta be tired leisurely jogging back and forth 90 feet.

I like hockey at lot, but those guys play maybe 15-18 minutes a night. lebron plays 48 (out of necessity).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I like hockey at lot, but those guys play maybe 15-18 minutes a night. lebron plays 48 (out of necessity).
    top defenseman can play over 20 minutes. I've never skated so I don't know how long they one can play hockey and get tired? But if they're on the ice for a while. They can hardly move. That's why there's 4 lines. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited May 2018
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

top defenseman can play over 20 minutes. I've never skated so I don't know how long they one can play hockey and get tired? But if they're on the ice for a while. They can hardly move. That's why there's 4 lines. 
    Skating is draining if you are putting maximum effort into it. I guess the same can be said about any physical activity. But when your legs are weak and on skates, it’s not a fun combo. Out of all the sports I played in my life, hockey was probably the most fun. 

Go Vegas!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    cutz said:
    No Coder said:
    Green earned that suspension with all of the Technicals he received during those playoffs. 
    Yep, he did, but that doesn't change the fact that he was missing. Bogut was also out injured too and whilst his impact against the Cavs was minimal, if he could have played in game 5 whilst Green was out it may have helped. 

I'm not a Warriors fan (Bulls fan, but like the way they have played for the last 4-6 years), but get sick of every time their wins come up, it's always an argument about how weak the team was opposing them. They can only play who is in front of them.

Lots of what ifs in sport, and having injuries is part of sport. Every team has been impacted by injuries at some stage and you take the luck when you can. But for every comment about "only won because CP3 was out" or "Irving and Love were out", there are also counter replies.

Houston go a lot closer to winning game 7 if they don't miss 27 3's in a row. That was just as big a factor as having someone injured

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,297

Is the Stanley Cup finals being televised this year?0
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203

Yes in fact Game 1 was on one of the major networks while the NBA was on a rinky dink cable channel.  Game 1 was also far more entertaining to watch than game 7 of Houston-Golden State.  and you know how much I love basketball Juggler but watching a team miss 27 straight 3s is not entertaining.  27 straight.  im old and fat and could go out on an nba court and make 1 out of 27.  
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    pjhawks said:

Yes in fact Game 1 was on one of the major networks while the NBA was on a rinky dink cable channel.  Game 1 was also far more entertaining to watch than game 7 of Houston-Golden State.  and you know how much I love basketball Juggler but watching a team miss 27 straight 3s is not entertaining.  27 straight.  im old and fat and could go out on an nba court and make 1 out of 27.  

Tonight it's on the NBC Sports network right? Isn't that the old Comcast SportsNet....like the same station that broadcasts the Phillies?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Every single year on NBC.  You gotta change the channel from LebronSPN.
  • Options

It appears as if NBC is opting for American Ninja Warrior tonight instead of the hockey game...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018

It appears as if NBC is opting for American Ninja Warrior tonight instead of the hockey game...
    NBC starts airing the Stanley Cup from Game 4 on
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    pjhawks said:

Yet with the fact that the NHL was on a major network and the NBA was on rinky dink TNT, the overnight ratings for the Rockets/Warriors was a 10.3 and the overnight for Caps/Vegas was a whopping 3.72.

So the NBA drew nearly triple the viewers when on rinky dink cable and the NHL on major network TV.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Bruh.... the NHL is far superior to the NBA in every facet.  I can't help that America is full of dummies.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Hockey is terrible to watch on TV, but awesome in person. I couldn't stand hockey until I went to a game. Even when NBC tried that whole highlight/colored puck thing, still dull.

NBA is the exact opposite. Way better on TV than at the game, unless your courtside.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Yet with the fact that the NHL was on a major network and the NBA was on rinky dink TNT, the overnight ratings for the Rockets/Warriors was a 10.3 and the overnight for Caps/Vegas was a whopping 3.72.

So the NBA drew nearly triple the viewers when on rinky dink cable and the NHL on major network TV.
    NHL was on cable as well.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Hockey is awesome to watch no matter where you watch it.  Basketball is definitely better on TV than in the arena.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    igotid88 said:

NBC starts airing the Stanley Cup from Game 4 on
    game 1 was on NBC Monday Night.  2 and 3 are on NBCSports.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

So this is why they are opting for American Ninja Warrior tonight
    chinese-happy.jpg