Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Wobbie said:
    Phil > eldrick.

duh.
    Except when it comes to the game of golf.

Happy to see him beat that little douche yesterday, though. That was a lot of fun.
    If you cheer for bubba you have no business calling anyone a douche. Enjoy the greatness of JT 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Wobbie said:
    Phil > eldrick.

duh.

Happy to see him beat that little douche yesterday, though. That was a lot of fun.
    If you cheer for bubba you have no business calling anyone a douche. Enjoy the greatness of JT 
    Could say the same for those who cheer for JT.

Great player, obviously. But it doesn’t change the fact that he comes off as a spoiled, entitled douche. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Wobbie said:
    Phil > eldrick.

duh.

Great player, obviously. But it doesn’t change the fact that he comes off as a spoiled, entitled douche. 
    Definitely agree that JT acts like a clown out there at times.  But he's 24 years old and has some growing up to do....Bubba is 40 and has always been a complete clown.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Phil > eldrick.

duh.

Definitely agree that JT acts like a clown out there at times.  But he's 24 years old and has some growing up to do....Bubba is 40 and has always been a complete clown.
    JT has a face that I would love to punch.

Bubba is more of a doofus than a douche to me. Tournaments are fun when he's in the mix. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JT is about to be the top ranked player in the world, so get used to it. So what he complains about shots and reacts. You know who else did? Tiger. He’s also correct about the nonsense coming from the crowds.

Bubba is a bitch to is caddy. He complains about courses to the city to the food and everything in between. 
  • Options
    JT is about to be the top ranked player in the world, so get used to it. So what he complains about shots and reacts. You know who else did? Tiger. He’s also correct about the nonsense coming from the crowds.

Bubba is a bitch to is caddy. He complains about courses to the city to the food and everything in between. 
    I've disliked JT well before the past few weeks. You're a fan of a giant douche, Cliff. It's cool.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I've disliked JT well before the past few weeks. You're a fan of a giant douche, Cliff. It's cool.
    JT is awesome, fact.

The only good thing about Bubba is protracer on his tee shots.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    Cliffy, you have the biggest man-crush on JT I've ever seen.  Ha.
  • Options
    Cliffy, you have the biggest man-crush on JT I've ever seen.  Ha.
    https://youtu.be/f1xDII7_uRY
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I said it before and I’ll say it again now that the 3rd issue has been released but if you love golf and don’t subscribe to the golfers journal, you’re missing out 
  • Options
    Will have to check out that magazine.

Hoping they roll back the golf ball for the pros so we can get back to accuracy and course management mattering again, and classic courses remaining relevant.   I couldn’t care less whether the pros hit it 330 or 270 with a driver.  You can’t tell how far they hit it on tv so I don’t understand the point that the fans crave distance.  If Tiger and Jack say rollback, then roll it back.  It is all about money though and manufacturers.  Keep the current ball for the recreational golfer.  Driver/wedge is boring as shit and I will stop watching as it gets more and more like that.  

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930

JT is awesome, fact.

The only good thing about Bubba is protracer on his tee shots.
    Have to agree on both fronts.  I’ve been a fan of JT since he first came on to the scene and was competing in the Bob Hope Classic or whatever the hell they call the tournament now.  I remember him swinging out of his shoes and controlling the ball, and thinking, this kids gonna be a stud. 

And bubba is a douche. I don’t know if it’s the complaining or constant crying (literally) or what it is, but the dude just irritates me. 

Go Tiger. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930

Hoping they roll back the golf ball for the pros so we can get back to accuracy and course management mattering again, and classic courses remaining relevant.   I couldn’t care less whether the pros hit it 330 or 270 with a driver.  You can’t tell how far they hit it on tv so I don’t understand the point that the fans crave distance.  If Tiger and Jack say rollback, then roll it back.  It is all about money though and manufacturers.  Keep the current ball for the recreational golfer.  Driver/wedge is boring as shit and I will stop watching as it gets more and more like that.  

Agree with this as well. The distances are just stupid now. Soon courses will have to be 8,000 yards at this rate. Enough is enough. 
  • Options

The distance is out of control. It's like using a juiced ball or corked bat in baseball. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The distance is out of control. It's like using a juiced ball or corked bat in baseball. 
    It’s cute that the main pros fighting it are the titelist staffers. Roll the ball back
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    Pretty pretty solid round for tiger. This is bananas. Best round so far?

That shot was stupid though.

I caught about 5 minutes of it today and saw the near ace on 17
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Like this course.  Much more fun to watch tree lined courses.   

Reckless shot by Tiger on 16 but a great sign overall that he is not concerned about his health.  Tiger haters can see the next major is going to come.  Tiger will excel on the tougher courses as he gets more reps.  

I cannot wait for spring to come and tax season to end.  Just fired up to play every day.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Spieth is struggling so I am predicting he will get a major this year.  Streaky player.
  • Options
    -2 through 4.  Only 1 back.  
  • Options

Tiger is winning The Masters this year. Book it.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And he's tied for the lead.  Let's go!!!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    He's dialed in today.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

Tiger is winning The Masters this year. Book it.

DJ gonna win. Tiger top 10.
  • Options
    341 yards slightly up hill...holy hell.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,741
    I really hope this is the time he is finally back. I want to see a red polo on the Sunday at Augusta!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Annnnnnnnnnd, solo leader.
  • Options

Why does tv coverage not start till 2?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Most important shot it golf is 15 foot par saves
  • Options

Why does tv coverage not start till 2?

I could be wrong but I have always been under the impression it's cost (and union contacts).  Costs too much for the vast majority of tournaments to have camera crews all over the course for 12 hours or so, production crew, etc. 

The most annoying thing is the coverage gap on weekends which is when the leaders are on like 6-8