Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Jack Nicklaus. Come on, man.
    I mean it’s literally the least shocking endorsement ever but yeah...jack has always sucked 
    Yeah not shocking at all.  Rich, old white guy is a Republican and supports Trump.  Pretty standard.
    Him and Weezy!
    True story.  One of my best friends used to work in an ER near lil wayne's place in Arizona.  For some reason he spends a ton of time in the Phoenix area.  He would REGULARLY be taken into the ER and just walked right back with a hoodie or blanket over his head but because he was so fucked up on that lean shit or whatever.  HIPPA be dammed, there are pictures.  He doesn't have a quarter of a brain cell left.
    It's the height of hypocrisy to me. Republicans chastised Obama for accepting people like Jay Z and Beyonce to the White House. They'll talk about how undignified it was and all that. But the moment fucking Lil Wayne or 50 Cent or whoever endorses Trump, they embrace them with open arms. Fucking crazy. 
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

Back on topic....47 and sunny today and have a 130 tee time.  Hoping to get full 18 in before the sun goes down.  
    Yep. We have a nice weather window coming up here. Take advantage while we can. 
    That's golf weather, gentlemen!

50 on Sunday here and no Eagles till 8:30 so I'm thinking of getting 18 as well...
    Had my best round of the year.  Really rounding into form just in time to not play for 4-5 months.  Brutal!
    You gotta move. 

Around here, you can pretty much play about 10 out of 12 months. Sometimes 11 if it's a mild winter. January and February always suck. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    I mean it’s literally the least shocking endorsement ever but yeah...jack has always sucked 
    Yeah not shocking at all.  Rich, old white guy is a Republican and supports Trump.  Pretty standard.
    Him and Weezy!
    True story.  One of my best friends used to work in an ER near lil wayne's place in Arizona.  For some reason he spends a ton of time in the Phoenix area.  He would REGULARLY be taken into the ER and just walked right back with a hoodie or blanket over his head but because he was so fucked up on that lean shit or whatever.  HIPPA be dammed, there are pictures.  He doesn't have a quarter of a brain cell left.
    It's the height of hypocrisy to me. Republicans chastised Obama for accepting people like Jay Z and Beyonce to the White House. They'll talk about how undignified it was and all that. But the moment fucking Lil Wayne or 50 Cent or whoever endorses Trump, they embrace them with open arms. Fucking crazy. 
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

Back on topic....47 and sunny today and have a 130 tee time.  Hoping to get full 18 in before the sun goes down.  

50 on Sunday here and no Eagles till 8:30 so I'm thinking of getting 18 as well...
    Had my best round of the year.  Really rounding into form just in time to not play for 4-5 months.  Brutal!
    You gotta move. 

Around here, you can pretty much play about 10 out of 12 months. Sometimes 11 if it's a mild winter. January and February always suck. 
    No shit? Aren’t you in Philly?  Had no idea the weather was that mild. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    edited November 2020
    I played a sweet mountain course in N. Georgia today called Old Toccoa Farm.  Designed by Proctor and Axland, the same guys who did Wild Horse in Nebraska (they've also worked for Coore/Crenshaw).  Great piece of property.  Really cool design.  Lot of elevation changes, side hills, and wicked green complexes.  Full 18 has only been open a year.  Has the potential to develop a cult following.  Playing Aiken GC tomorrow.

Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

You gotta move. 

Gonna rain today so not golfing after all.

Yeah other than January and February, it's golfable most of the year, if you can tolerate mid to upper 40's weather. Been a while since we've really got dumped on with snow, other than one or two big ones. 

Edit---Checking my handicap app now. Last year, looks like I golfed twice in November, once in January and then three times in February. So I guess it was colder than usual in December!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

You gotta move. 

Yeah other than January and February, it's golfable most of the year, if you can tolerate mid to upper 40's weather. Been a while since we've really got dumped on with snow, other than one or two big ones. 

Edit---Checking my handicap app now. Last year, looks like I golfed twice in November, once in January and then three times in February. So I guess it was colder than usual in December!
    Last year was a bad year for winter golf if I remember, at least here in mid-Atlantic. Not much snow, but a fair amount of rain that would come each week, so you'd never dry out.  I love playing in the cold as long as it isn't path only. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

You gotta move. 

Last year was a bad year for winter golf if I remember, at least here in mid-Atlantic. Not much snow, but a fair amount of rain that would come each week, so you'd never dry out.  I love playing in the cold as long as it isn't path only. 
    Richmond, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    eddiec said:
    Him and Weezy!
    Buncha whores 
    Everyone is the worst.

You gotta move. 

Richmond, right?
    Yes. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Masters Week!
  • Options
    For those bargain hunting, Amazon has TM distance balls for $12 dozen.  My golf partner played them sat and said they weren’t too hard.  He said they felt like a normal Taylor.  I also picked up a pair of TP5x for $34 which is about ten bucks off.  Anyway, FYI if you need balls.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Masters Week!
    Saw some pictures today and obviously no azaleas,
    but holy hell fall colors!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    mrussel1 said:
    For those bargain hunting, Amazon has TM distance balls for $12 dozen.  My golf partner played them sat and said they weren’t too hard.  He said they felt like a normal Taylor.  I also picked up a pair of TP5x for $34 which is about ten bucks off.  Anyway, FYI if you need balls.
    Thanks.  Bought two dozen of the Distance.

79 today in Indiana.  Crazy.  Got 18 in this morning.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    edited November 2020
    Ordered some Masters merch last monday and it arrived on Saturday. (Patrons/badge holders were able to order stuff online this year)  Also ordered the "Taste of the Masters" food package that will arrive this Friday.  Looking forward to this weekend!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    I’m going Schauffele this week. Who we got? 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather the past few days in Chicago area.  Played 18 Saturday and yesterday while wearing shorts and short sleeves.  Pretty crazy to be doing that in November around here.

As for The Masters, I'm going JT.  He's just so damn good and I think it's inevitable that he wins this one at some point.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    edited November 2020
    DJ has been in contention the last few years.  Could this be the year for him?  Just as long as Wacko Patrick Reed doesn't win it, I'll be happy.  Everyone is on the DaChambeau wagon right now because of his length but he's never putted well at Augusta so we'll see how that goes for him. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    DJ has been in contention the last few years.  Could this be the year for him?  Just as long as Wacko Patrick Reed doesn't win it, I'll be happy.  Everyone is on the DaChambeau wagon right now because of his length but he's never putted well at Augusta so we'll see how that goes for him. 
    Agreed.  Drive for show, putt for dough.  He'll have everyone in awe of where his drives end up, but it will take a lot more than that to win at Augusta.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Was about to post this...are you kidding me?? 2nd ace of practice week for Rahm
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Incredible 
  • Options
    On whom shall I place a bet?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    bbiggs said:
    I'd love access to some Masters merch.  Struck out on the lottery once again.  I read today that Bryson is planning on putting a 48 inch driver in the bag for Augusta with hopes of reaching an average club head speed of 200 mph.  This dude is changing the game.
    Fuck him.

A month away!

no.....fuck you-know-who.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    All the talk about what Bryson would do on 13 and he double bogeys it.  LOL.  But according to him the course is only a par 67 for him.  He's the worst.
  • Options
    Also, the masters app is incredible.  With players going off 1 and 10 there is a ton of action out there right now.
  • Options
    All the talk about what Bryson would do on 13 and he double bogeys it.  LOL.  But according to him the course is only a par 67 for him.  He's the worst.
    Just hate to see it
  • Options
    I tried to hate Bryson, but I don't.  Seems like a good enough guy in interviews.  Hate Patrick Reed though.  That's easy to do. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I tried to hate Bryson, but I don't.  Seems like a good enough guy in interviews.  Hate Patrick Reed though.  That's easy to do. 
    I don't hate what he's doing with the equipment and distance and all that.  He just says some really dumb stuff at times.  Like how this course is only a par 67 for him.  And the bewildered look on his face every time he hits a bad shot like it can't be possible that he messed up.  And his stupid hat.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't hate what he's doing with the equipment and distance and all that.  He just says some really dumb stuff at times.  Like how this course is only a par 67 for him.  And the bewildered look on his face every time he hits a bad shot like it can't be possible that he messed up.  And his stupid hat.
    The hat is stupid. 

*I also just heard he names his clubs.  Also stupid.
  • Options
    Why no commentary on the website's "featured groups?" Sorta lame. Keeping people on-grounds to a minimum I guess. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Nah...Bryson is fake good guy.  That due is a complete asshole to everyone in his life...100%

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Nah...Bryson is fake good guy.  That due is a complete asshole to everyone in his life...100%

More than Patrick?  Did you ever read the stories about he has cut off his family because they didn't want him to get married too young?  Just completely ignore them now, going so far as having them removed from a tournament by security.