The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited January 2018
    This tee situation is really bad. He’s not close. I feel like it should be the easiest thing for him to more or less fix, but he’s not close.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This tee situation is really bad. He’s not close. I feel like it should be the easiest thing for him to more or less fix, but he’s not close.
    I agree. I feel like he hasn’t been able to hit fairways for years, even when healthy. It’s odd. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I think it is mental.  You hear about how great he is on the range all the time. 
    Maybe it’s adrenaline that’s changing the rhythm of his swing.  Peter Kostis was breaking it down and mentioned adrenaline, tension, etc. Who knows. At least Augusta has mile wide fairways. 
  • This Tony Finau guy.  I like what I'm seeing from him.
    edited January 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Maybe it’s adrenaline that’s changing the rhythm of his swing.  Peter Kostis was breaking it down and mentioned adrenaline, tension, etc. Who knows. At least Augusta has mile wide fairways. 
    I saw him saying this yesterday and yeah, makes some sense but why would it only be off the tee. These are probably the most narrow fairways on tour, but he’s not close. He’s always been long and wild, this is too wild.

Perspective though, he hasn’t made the weekend in over 2 years and is about to have a top 30 at a legit championship course with a pretty solid field. This week is a big step forward

Riviera next. He hates the course. A top 3 of the year for me. Will be interesting
    This Tony Finau guy.  I like what I'm seeing from him.
    Wild story. No college. Mini tour guy. Everyone should root for him 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    This Tony Finau guy.  I like what I'm seeing from him.

he’s from the low income part of salt lake.

I hate the expression “I was able to grind.” it’s fucking golf.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 2018
    This is a horrible look for JB. I hope he puts it in the water. The cock made Noren wait 10 minutes for a shit layup.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    This is a horrible look for JB. I hope he puts it in the water. The cock made Noren wait 10 minutes for a shit layup.
    Yeah that was pretty amateur
    bbiggs said:
    Then he says he doesn’t regret taking that long because he was trying to win. You laid up!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Pretty stoked by Tiger’s performance. He’s healthy. Got some stuff to work on but I can see him being in the mix in Augusta. 

Much better than than I expected. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggs said:
    Then he says he doesn’t regret taking that long because he was trying to win. You laid up!!!!
    Total jack off move. Noren is a better man than me, I’d tell JB to take his bullshit somewhere else.
    edited January 2018
    Never would have guess that Jason Day would have won after seeing him walking gingerly on Thursday.

Must be nice to have a celebratory breakfast,lunch and dinner after the W.
    Predicting a missed cut and a lot of heads exploding at Riviera.  Not his course and wild is not a good formula.  Not the end of the world though.
    ^ I think you’re right my friend. Not the course to be spraying tee shots on. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Love watching the WM Open.  16th hole is wild.....going to this tournament is definitely on the bucket list.
    16 has kinda jumped the shark at this point. 

Awesome time at this tournament, that hole has just gotten corny

Though poulter with a hosel rocket there is glorious 
    16 has kinda jumped the shark at this point. 

Awesome time at this tournament, that hole has just gotten corny

Though poulter with a hosel rocket there is glorious 
    Out of all guys to shank one into the crowd on that hole....so perfect that it was Poulter.  Too bad it was late in the day and the stands were half empty.

JT coming out hot with 6 straight birds to start his day.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I tested out that Cleveland Sure Out wedge today. 64 degree. Feels like cheating. Every shot just pops right up like a flop shot. Loftiest club I have is 56 degrees so this felt so weird. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ I don’t use anything over a 58. A 60 or above can result in just sliding under the ball too easily imo. I’m in the minority as I know most guys like to carry a 60. If I need that much loft I’ll just open the face. Glad to hear you like it though. 
    I tested out that Cleveland Sure Out wedge today. 64 degree. Feels like cheating. Every shot just pops right up like a flop shot. Loftiest club I have is 56 degrees so this felt so weird. 
    In high school me and my buddies would take a 64 degree, open wide up and try to hit the bill of our hat.  It is possible...also dangerous.  Good times.

This wedge was one rusty fucker.  It was glorious.  Hopefully it still exists.

Heading to another playoff this week?  Six players at 16 or 15 under right now.

Pebble is so glorious
    Phil!
    Pace of play is a problem 
    Tiger playing with Rory and JT for the first 2 rounds this week.  That is fucking awesome...can't wait.  
    Tiger playing with Rory and JT for the first 2 rounds this week.  That is fucking awesome...can't wait.  
    This is awesome....also, I am terrified that Tiger is going to destroy his back swinging with these two.

Read he looked good today, but sticking with my prediction of a missed cut.  Not his course.  One of my favorites though.  10 is the best.  18 is just beautiful too.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Lets Go Tiger!  Hope your prediction of a missed cut is incorrect Cliff.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    This is awesome....also, I am terrified that Tiger is going to destroy his back swinging with these two.

Read he looked good today, but sticking with my prediction of a missed cut.  
    :prayer:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14