Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    How will they prevent the ticket from only being accessed by the "assigned" phone?  What if you change phones in the meantime?  I guess I don't understand how they will restrict the tickets to the original buyer.
    It won't be stored on your phone itself. Most likely you'll have to access ticketmaster and get your ticket there or via their app. Its no different than how ticketmaster handles mobile tickets now. 
    Then you can easily share that.....
    Only if you're willing to share your Ticketmaster or 10c login credentials with someone else. I think the point is that the owner of the tickets will have those tickets in his/her account. You'll need to log in via your phone, pull up the mobile tickets and have them scanned. So these tickets won't necessarily have an "assigned phone" but they will have an assigned account holder.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    screen shots
  • Options
    There are still people who have flip-phones, seriously.

I agree, I had been asking for credit card/immediate entry for years.  Worked great for U2 for the last 10 years.
    GA at Iron Maiden in Philly was like that. I thought it worked well. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    There are still people who have flip-phones, seriously.

I agree, I had been asking for credit card/immediate entry for years.  Worked great for U2 for the last 10 years.
    GA at Iron Maiden in Philly was like that. I thought it worked well. 
    And then all the people who don't have a credit card would be coming out of the woodwork, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 899
    edited January 2018
    Again, Ticketmaster is in the business of selling tickets.  The paperless ticketing hurt their own scalper sites as paperless could not be resold.  Verified can be re-sold and so its a bigger piece of pie for ticketmaster to do verified vs true paperless.  Its a giant conflict of interest as PJ_Soul mentioned earlier in the thread, ticketmaster should be in the business of re-selling if they are also the primary ticket vendor.
    Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • Options
    How will they prevent the ticket from only being accessed by the "assigned" phone?  What if you change phones in the meantime?  I guess I don't understand how they will restrict the tickets to the original buyer.
    It won't be stored on your phone itself. Most likely you'll have to access ticketmaster and get your ticket there or via their app. Its no different than how ticketmaster handles mobile tickets now. 
    Then you can easily share that.....
    sure. but once its scanned it can't be used again like any other ticket. GA/floor seats will have wristbands as a secondary measure. 
  • Options
    Since Wrigley nor Fenway use ticketmaster for ticketing, I doubt it will have anything to do with a ticketmaster account.  More than likely, we will be registering our phone numbers when we put in for the lottery.  Lottery winners will have the mobile tix pushed through via text message a few days before the events.  I imagine we will log into the 10C website via the link they send and download the barcodes or QR codes or whatever they end up using.
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Can a Ticketmaster Verified Fan ticket be resold on one of their Fan to Fan resale sites?
    In theory yes
    all of the major reselling sites as well
    At higher prices?
    Yes.
    So its a flawed system then.
    Well yeah, any ticket reselling system is flawed if you think higher than face value = flawed. I mean, just the fact that TicketMaster has its own ticket reselling system seems like it should be completely illegal, but for some reason the powers that be allow it to happen.
    Its an industry problem. The promoter, venue, and TM always get their allotment of tickets which end up on third party sites. Add in the ticket bots/scalpers. Then add in the fan club and presales.......by the time a show is on sale to the public there are only around 20% of the available seats really available. Maybe even less. The promoter, venue, or TM isn't going to stop it because they all benefit. THE BAND NEEDS TO MAKE DEMANDS...........but there is only so much they can do.  

The band making demands won't do anything - I think PJ proved that back in the 90s, lol. The only thing that will make a difference is the politicians. The lawmakers. And they don't seem overly anxious to try very hard to solve this unscrupulous situation.
    Probably true. Its always three (ticketmaster, promoter, venue) vs one (the band). You never know though. Bands with enough pull can at least try. TM isn't going to budge, but maybe you can strong arm the promoter/venue to give up some or all of their normal allotment. If a U@ or PJ says they will never play the venue again unless they get their demands it might make a difference. Agreed though. Its unlikely.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I have season tickets for The Bluejackets and its mobile entry for games. I just transfer the tickets to my apple wallet before each game. It's works great!  If anyone uses apple or Samsung pay it's essentially the same. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    I anticipate problems of some sort.

Somebody mentioned U2 and credit card entry. Their last show in Vancouver was a disaster. I don't say this lightly.

If it's a matter of displaying your bar code on your phone it won't be too bad, but if it's anything more than that... eesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    BS44325 said:
    I dig this new system. I was never a fan of the multiple memberships per household. This should get people to think twice about double/triple entering for the same draw. 
    This
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Will be interesting to see what happens if when they go back to arenas. This is a good start to squashing scalpers and getting fans in(no system is perfect, someone will always try and game the system). But arenas won’t be able to guarantee all/most fans get in. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Just in theory, what about people that don't have smart phones...how do they get scanned in?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    This is a GREAT change

My biggest complaint with the lottery system was how people who buddied up or those with spouses, kids, etc could tip the lottery scales in their favor quite a bit.  People were parlaying extra pairs they won into pairs for additional shows. 
    Another side effect is people would enter seated area lottery with a good 10c number, and their newer #s bought for spouses (or just a newer member) would go toward acquiring GA tix.  As a result, the mid-seniority seat locations on about 275xxx on up was degraded.

This evens the playing field for the most part, or at least makes it much more inconvenient to shirk the system

I don't think this stops that at all with GA... you can transfer the extra to anybody you want in GA easily because there aren't actual seats, once you're in you're good

Im ok with the changes if it helps get more tix in more 10c hands... and I like reserved so it will definitely cut down on multiple entries for reserved, but I don't see it stopping multiple entries for GA

I do hate not having a hard ticket, that sucks big time!
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    jdopj said:
    BS44325 said:
    I dig this new system. I was never a fan of the multiple memberships per household. This should get people to think twice about double/triple entering for the same draw. 
    This
    Yeah, it's a good point. I know those double and triple dippers are mad, but I wonder if they've really thought about how fair that is, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Like most people i'm a fan of the hard ticket to add to my collection but I understand why they did it.  :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    So even the public sale Ticketmaster tickets will not be hard tickets??
  • Options
    Swinger ticket couples where you at? (Joking :lol:)
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I think people are overthinking this whole thing.  As far as I’m concerned, if I want to go to the show, I can either try 10c lottery or go ticketbastard.  If I try through the 10c lottery, I plan on using the tickets I get.  They’re pretty much guaranteeing me tickets, I just have to understand they could be fucking anywhere.  GA is going to be a bigger gamble, but the proximity to stage will be closer.  Gone are the days of a lottery for great seats, now it’s all about a lottery with pretty much guaranteed tickets to the show, but they are going to be further away than we’re used to.  If you want to play the ticket game we all have played for years, your only option is to try Ticketmaster and sell them if they suck- no longer can we sell our 10c tix, those are locked in.

overall, I love the idea.  My member # is only average anyway so I havnt gotten amazing seats since back in 98 before I I let my shit lapse.  This band is fucking huge now and they’re making everything modern and fair, and I think it’s badass that they’re leading the way to fight the bullshit of reselling the tickets.  Reminds me of the 96 Ticketmaster battle days, and I appreciate the band doing it this way.  If you want to use your 10c membership for tickets, you’re using the tickets you get to see the show, regardless of what you get.  You’re buying Ticketmaster seats also if you care where your seats are.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    edited January 2018
    Like most people i'm a fan of the hard ticket to add to my collection but I understand why they did it.  :neutral:
    Yes, it fucking sucks.

But....you could always take a screen shot and print it out on good paper later.
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    kramer73 said:
    Yes, it fucking sucks.
    My hope is they would at least make some sort of commemorative ticket option available, they do like pushing merch so it's just another thing to sell. It's not a perfect replacement but at least it would be something. I have albums upon albums of ticket stubs..
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I just want to get side stage, it's nice being able to take advantage of the Even Flow bathroom break every show, I can race to the bathroom and make it back and only have to miss one song, plus it's nice to have a seat sometimes too, easier to keep track of stuff
  • Options
    BRONDO said:
    So even the public sale Ticketmaster tickets will not be hard tickets??
    regular ticketmaster orders and even "fan verified: ticketmaster orders are regulars tickets. they can be resold
    ticketmaster is in the business of making a profit on every resold ticket they list on their site. it's really bad news still.
    credit card entry is still the best solution to shut down scalpers. bruce has been doing it since 1999
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2018

Somebody mentioned U2 and credit card entry. Their last show in Vancouver was a disaster. I don't say this lightly.
    1 u2 show goes bad in vancouver only. the rest of the tour went smoothly. fyi
    ga floor. scan your card and go in. paperless. it has worked for over 20 and i still have no idea why more bands don't do it
    not every section has to be paperless but GA floor should absolutely be this way.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171

1 u2 show goes bad in vancouver only. the rest of the tour went smoothly. fyi
    ga floor. scan your card and go in. paperless. it has worked for over 20 and i still have no idea why more bands don't do it
    not every section has to be paperless but GA floor should absolutely be this way.
    I still have no idea how BC Place messed that up so bad.  Rogers Arena used paperless tickets for all the u2 fan club tickets on the tour before that tour and there were no problems. 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJNB said:
    choop said:
    PJNB said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    This definitely impacts 10c ticket buddies/groups
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    My wife and I are both huge fans. Should only one of us have a membership and if so who should have it? 
    You can both have one. But only the person with the low number should enter. They’ve all but confirmed to you that you’ll get in these shows. 
    You missed my point. You said we are the "problem". Both my wife and I love the band. Both have every right to enter the draw and win tickets. Not sure how this is a "problem" at all. 
    You do have every right but if you have always been sitting together then essentially you have been a “flipper”. You might be doing it at cost to other 10C members but you have been flipping nonetheless. Personally that doesn’t bug me to much because I don’t mind shopping for tickets on the forum but not every 10C member is comfortable working these boards to hunt down tickets from strangers. I trust people on here but not everybody is willing to travel to a show with the hope that their 10C contact will be there at will call.
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    Since they say, ios or android, it means no microsoft, or any other smart phone, but every smart phone allows you to click on a link and show a barcode, so it's almost certainly an app they are going to use.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    My suggestion to those without smartphones is to bring your whole desktop to the show. They can scan your ticket right off your Dell’s LCD monitor.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    I have season tickets for The Bluejackets and its mobile entry for games. I just transfer the tickets to my apple wallet before each game. It's works great!  If anyone uses apple or Samsung pay it's essentially the same. 
    Seattle Sounders have done this. Works like a charm. It really makes very little difference. Change is hard sometimes, but people are overthinking this.

A lot of professional sports teams are taking this route. It makes sense for cost and efficiency. Saves paper. I've even heard some teams charge an extra fee if you want paper tickets. 
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    No offense but I'm really surprised by the amount of confusion here.  It's laid out very well in the email in my opinion.  The only big change is how the tickets are distributed and I love how they're doing it because it hurts the scalpers who have one or multiple 10c accounts
    The email is clear as day.  People are trying to make it more difficult and trying to think of X-Y-Z scenarios.  Buy the pair of tickets you need, show up at the show, have them scan your phone, drink some beer, puke on the person in front of you, and enjoy the show.

It's not difficult to understand unless you're trying to make it be.