Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    I'm concerned that 2 of my friends got an email from 10 Club telling them about the Verified Fan sign up. I never got the email however, I signed up in the "More Info" area on the tour page. Am I worrying over nothing?
    Check your Spam or Promotions tab.  All of the emails from 10c show up in my Promotions tab.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,898
    jwc6160 said:
    For the husband/wife situation where both have 10c - I get the frustration, but should you really get 2x entries if you’re not willing to sit separate? What’s the solution - allow two entries for 1 set of tickets, which is what you were doing before? That’s not fair either. A lot of people don’t go at all if they strike out in the lottery or TM bc we don’t have time to play “maybe I’ll get a single” when it involves travel/time off/etc.

I love the new rules. Your 10c ticket is YOUR ticket. AND they have TM presale as a back up if you lose out on the 10c lottery.

One person enter 10c, both sign up for TM presale. Done. You’ll get tickets.

This isn’t about having the best seats. Screw your seats. They want more FANS in the building.

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!

With the one exception, the ticketing 10c rules system is not to blame for corporate big wigs getting good seats.

If the venue and/or promoter want their allotment, they are getting tickets. Good ones.

This is a HUGE problem in NYC.

yep, I got really lucky in NY last time. I got a great seat on the bridge row on the side of the stage. I agree with the person above to an extent, but I like to sit closer and am willing to pay for it. I'm glad more fans will probably be there, but I've been a fan since the band came out, just not a 10c member for very long. I wish there was a better option to transfer within the club. I am sure there are longer term members that can't make it to a show and would be willing to sell their tickets to someone like me. 
    I could see a 10c transfer being an option for someone with no tickets. But then it opens up a new system of gaming (person A you dont enter, I’ll transfer you mine if my wife gets them, etc). I wonder what they will do with people who can’t go? Just straight no shows I guess?SVRDhand13 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    This definitely impacts 10c ticket buddies/groups
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
    How is it slippery if they're sold for face value? 
    Wouldn’t you rather have a ticket from the lottery and not have to look around for singles? I think more fans will end up going. 
    I don’t get the questions because I never needed or sold single tickets. 
    The issue discussed was about selling tickets. So you sell pairs or don’t sell at all?
    Correct. I’ve bought in pairs, upgraded my tix, and sold the past ones for face value. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,256
    SteffyLou said:
    I actually have no idea how I’m going to put in for tickets now. Going for Seattle and Wrigley. I have a high number. Trying to think of the best scenario to try to get 1GA show.

Need to put the show that would likely have lowest demand as your priority #1 for GA, of those 4 it would be either Seattle 1 as its a Wednesday or Wrigley 2 as its a Monday. The Friday Seattle Show and certainly the Saturday Wrigley show will probably have more entries.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Roswellite14Roswellite14 Roswell, New Mexico Posts: 30
    feeder said:
    I'm concerned that 2 of my friends got an email from 10 Club telling them about the Verified Fan sign up. I never got the email however, I signed up in the "More Info" area on the tour page. Am I worrying over nothing?
    Check your Spam or Promotions tab.  All of the emails from 10c show up in my Promotions tab.
    I checked my Spam folder but not the Promotions one. I've never looked in there before. Thanx for the heads up. Now, I'll just worry about being selected and getting tickets.
  • Options
    feeder said:
    I checked my Spam folder but not the Promotions one. I've never looked in there before. Thanx for the heads up. Now, I'll just worry about being selected and getting tickets.
    You and me both!!
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    kramer73 said:
    Like most people i'm a fan of the hard ticket to add to my collection but I understand why they did it.  :neutral:
    Yes, it fucking sucks.

But....you could always take a screen shot and print it out on good paper later.
    Tom Petty after the last tour had a company where they did this. It was like $10 shipped and you just put in all the date, venue, row, seat info like a normal ticket and they sent you a commemorative one. Not a cheap paper one either. The one I got for my show is pretty nice, especially now considering the circumstances.

Would be something cool for PJ to look into if it is paperless from here on out. 
    That would be really cool, hopefully they do something.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,156
    edited January 2018
    jwc6160 said:
    For the husband/wife situation where both have 10c - I get the frustration, but should you really get 2x entries if you’re not willing to sit separate? What’s the solution - allow two entries for 1 set of tickets, which is what you were doing before? That’s not fair either. A lot of people don’t go at all if they strike out in the lottery or TM bc we don’t have time to play “maybe I’ll get a single” when it involves travel/time off/etc.

I love the new rules. Your 10c ticket is YOUR ticket. AND they have TM presale as a back up if you lose out on the 10c lottery.

This isn’t about having the best seats. Screw your seats. They want more FANS in the building.

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!

With the one exception, the ticketing 10c rules system is not to blame for corporate big wigs getting good seats.

If the venue and/or promoter want their allotment, they are getting tickets. Good ones.

yep, I got really lucky in NY last time. I got a great seat on the bridge row on the side of the stage. I agree with the person above to an extent, but I like to sit closer and am willing to pay for it. I'm glad more fans will probably be there, but I've been a fan since the band came out, just not a 10c member for very long. I wish there was a better option to transfer within the club. I am sure there are longer term members that can't make it to a show and would be willing to sell their tickets to someone like me. 

I'm also willing to pay. I paid dearly for rear stage Tix in 16. It's awesome the band keeps their prices low. Just not for many long time fans

But to price prime tickets way less then comparable concerts, limit supply to the free market, and allow fans who were smart (or lucked out) back in the 90s to game the system,  buy extra tickets, and score the best seats year after year, city after city, drives up market prices way beyond what other premiere acts cost in the marketplace. 

The new system is an improvement. Hopefully comments like this from the serfs will allow the Lords to understand the repercussions of this system.

NYC has gotten so incredibly out of hand, I have given up and joined the caste system. Welcome the serf!
  • Options
    I remember a ticketed show in 1998 where people would leave their seat with their ticket and a friends ticket who stayed in their seat. So the person leaving the seat, say for a restroom or beer, actually had 2 tickets in hand. When the person returned, a different friend used the second ticket to enter that section and enter the row. The row became very crowded with extra people that didn't belong but they at least had staff at each section checking tickets for that section during the show.. There is no way around that, even with phones to show unless they provide a wristband to every person indicating their seat assignment upon arrival at the gate or entry to their section. Talk about efficiency, YIKES. However, I do like the idea of the new system to reduce scalpers and multiple entries by people with more than one account but I also see the issue with couples or families that have multiple memberships (my mom and I both have memberships with 2 kids to bring so not a problem unless only one of us gets in and then we have to decide which kid gets to go... and I'm the bigger fan if my mom gets selected and I don't I'm sad:( ) but I'll live. Looks like we all have a good chance.  One issue experienced in 2013 is that we both selected balcony seats for Wrigley. I've had a membership since 1998 and hers was active in 2010. We ended up 4 rows apart behind home plate... go figure on seniority seating. I never did receive a response from Ten Club on how that happened when I asked out of curiosity.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,256
    kramer73 said:
    Like most people i'm a fan of the hard ticket to add to my collection but I understand why they did it.  :neutral:
    Yes, it fucking sucks.

But....you could always take a screen shot and print it out on good paper later.
    Tom Petty after the last tour had a company where they did this. It was like $10 shipped and you just put in all the date, venue, row, seat info like a normal ticket and they sent you a commemorative one. Not a cheap paper one either. The one I got for my show is pretty nice, especially now considering the circumstances.

Would be something cool for PJ to look into if it is paperless from here on out. 

How about PJ arranges for this and the 10 bucks (or at least half of it) is a donation to the Vitalogy Foundation.
    Win all around.
    Band does its best to prevent scalping.
    Us nutcase collectors get our keepsakes. 
    Charity gets a nice little donation.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    When they say 'most if not all requests" in the drawing will be accommodated, are they referring to just your #1 pick? Say someone wants to go to all seven shows, are they going to be able to accommodate "all if not most" of the drawing entries should that member put in for all seven shows?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    When they say 'most if not all requests" in the drawing will be accommodated, are they referring to just your #1 pick? Say someone wants to go to all seven shows, are they going to be able to accommodate "all if not most" of the drawing entries should that member put in for all seven shows?
    Great question!  I'm assuming it means all picks, not just the first.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    The way it is worded to me is they an accommodate all requests up to your 7th pick. If you pick Seattle GA as your 7th pick though there is no way they are going to be able to honour that. I think they took all of the data from 2016 and with the extra reserved seats are confident that they will meet the demand and I hope they are right.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    Great question!  I'm assuming it means all picks, not just the first.  
    The number of people who get upset because they put in for more shows than they could afford and won them all is going to be record breaking.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    jdopj said:
    BS44325 said:
    I dig this new system. I was never a fan of the multiple memberships per household. This should get people to think twice about double/triple entering for the same draw. 
    This

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    PJNB said:
    The way it is worded to me is they an accommodate all requests up to your 7th pick. If you pick Seattle GA as your 7th pick though there is no way they are going to be able to honour that. I think they took all of the data from 2016 and with the extra reserved seats are confident that they will meet the demand and I hope they are right.
    i am assuming that GA picks will only be good at choice number 1, but if you select Wrigley 1 reserved at pick#7, they will be able to accommodate?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    edited January 2018
    PJNB said:
    i am assuming that GA picks will only be good at choice number 1, but if you select Wrigley 1 reserved at pick#7, they will be able to accommodate?
    Maybe we will have to wait and see. It would be nice for them to clarify what they meant by their wording. Did they mean if you put in for only 1 show with GA and then reserved that they are guaranteeing you that one show and anything after round 2 is not looking good or did they really secure a shit ton more seats and are going to not move the odds needle past 99% on reserved. If it is the latter I will wave to you guys in the upper bowl at Fenway lol!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Maybe, if I recall from 2016, there were people who pulled Wrigley night 2 GA with a #2 priority, but I believe all Wrigley night 1's were from a #1 priority. There will be more shows in this lottery than the 2016 ballpark shows (7 vs. 4), so that will spread the demand out a bit (as far as #1 priorities).
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Yep my past strategy is out the window and my 10C # sucks (and I don't see any mention of a lotto).  
    Its a lottery your # doesnt mean anything.
    It does for seat location and that is what he is talking about I believe.

Reserved Seating: 
In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. For Seattle, Chicago and Boston this includes seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. For Missoula, seats are located throughout the 100 level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.

I guess this is my question. I've only been a member for a couple of years so my seats will most likely be terrible. Are all Ten Club tickets better than the ticketmaster option? Will there be any secondary market at all? I know this is to reduce scalping and I completely get it, but I am willing to pay for a better seat and just want to ensure I am using the best option. Thanks for any help.
    The answer to your question is no.  Ticketmaster will have scattered seats throughout the venue as will the 10C.  TM probably will not have GA tix though.
    Gorge
  • Options

wow this is so cool. i would love to do this for my last tom show last year. if you read this and know the www link please let me know
    much thanks
  • Options
    epetersonepeterson Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    jwc6160 said:

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!

I could see a 10c transfer being an option for someone with no tickets. But then it opens up a new system of gaming (person A you dont enter, I’ll transfer you mine if my wife gets them, etc). I wonder what they will do with people who can’t go? Just straight no shows I guess?SVRDhand13 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    They are the problem. Look at how many people do this shit. It takes a ton of tickets out of the on sale circulation so they can move up a few rows. 
    Yeah, I have to admit, I'm really happy about these changes because of this. The wheeling and dealing that went on between groups of friends before seemed kind of slippery to me. This kind of evens out the playing field a bit, and I'm glad.
    Wouldn’t you rather have a ticket from the lottery and not have to look around for singles? I think more fans will end up going. 
    The issue discussed was about selling tickets. So you sell pairs or don’t sell at all?
    Correct. I’ve bought in pairs, upgraded my tix, and sold the past ones for face value. 
    And I'd like to personally thank you again for you pair in Boston! ( I just realized I'm logged into my husband's account so you probably are like who is this- SteffyLou)
    Post edited by epeterson on
  • Options
    Does anybody have an idea as to how much each show may cost?  Will there be a difference in price for Reserved and GA?  And, when do you think they will announce the Ticket prices?
  • Options
    epeterson said:
    jwc6160 said:

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!

PJ_Soul said:
    choop said:
    my2hands said:
    And I'd like to personally thank you again for you pair in Boston! ( I just realized I'm logged into my husband's account so you probably are like who is this- SteffyLou)
    Hey SteffyLou!  As always, glad the tix got into the hands of a real fan!!!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    feeder said:
    Does anybody have an idea as to how much each show may cost?  Will there be a difference in price for Reserved and GA?  And, when do you think they will announce the Ticket prices?
    Was $188 for a pair last time around. I'm gonna guess $200 this time.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    kramer73 said:
    Yes, it fucking sucks.

How about PJ arranges for this and the 10 bucks (or at least half of it) is a donation to the Vitalogy Foundation.
    Win all around.
    Band does its best to prevent scalping.
    Us nutcase collectors get our keepsakes. 
    Charity gets a nice little donation.

The Final Four last year was all digital. They sent out commemorative tickets after the event. Cost was included in the price of the ticket.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    I'm wondering if the switch to TM and Verified Fan has anything to do with the early Fenway onsale debacle two years ago. Was that TicketsNow that had to issue all those refunds for selling tickets early? We never really did get a good explanation for what happened there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,242
    feeder said:
    $85-$112 plus fees
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    feeder said:
    Horse2345 said:
    feeder said:
    $85-$112 plus fees
    So, somewhere between $85 and $200.  I'm in!  Don't know if I am more excited about the actual concert(s) or the Road Trip with my son?  He has become just as big a fan as I am.  It's awesome!!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    KC138045 said:
    I have season tickets for The Bluejackets and its mobile entry for games. I just transfer the tickets to my apple wallet before each game. It's works great!  If anyone uses apple or Samsung pay it's essentially the same. 
    Seattle Sounders have done this. Works like a charm. It really makes very little difference. Change is hard sometimes, but people are overthinking this.

A lot of professional sports teams are taking this route. It makes sense for cost and efficiency. Saves paper. I've even heard some teams charge an extra fee if you want paper tickets. 
    Yup. Sounders went from hard tickets, to a matchpass card which was scanned on the way in, to now using mobile entry. They have an app. You pull up the tickets to that match on your phone and they are scanned right off the phone. It was nice not having to worry about anything but having my phone with me (which I almost always do anyway). And this season the Sounders have ditched TicketBastard and partnered with SeatGeek. Hopefully that will go smoothly. Any time we can get away from TicketBastard, I'm happy. Perhaps for future tours it is something PJ could consider. They're more fan focused, rather than broker/bot focused. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    I just would like to ask those that think double membership in one household is unfair, who do you go to the show with? Have you never had a ticket buddy before or do you go solo to every show? Just because I live with somebody who is just as big of a fan as I am why does that mean we should only use one account?
          I 100% don’t think that’s unfair. If you both pay your dues, which obviously you do, then you both have the right to put in for the lottery. I assume if you win twice, then you obviously give your tickets to other Pj fans. I guess I’m not understanding the argument against it. Now obviously if you were trying to sell second pair for profit that would be wrong. I do think it’s cool when people who have won more than they need offer it to other fan club members who missed out first, but even that isn’t a perfect system because some of those same people who say they missed out, won 5 other shows. 
    Here's the issue - If you are putting in for 4 tickets, and only intending to use 2 of them, by definition you are attempting to buy tickets you don't intend to use. Doing so ensures that someone else putting in for 2 tickets they will actually use will be shut out of getting them. It isn't "wrong" as in "against the rules" and is perfectly within your rights as you say, but it is "wrong" as in "you're fucking over your fellow fanclub member". That is why the "unfair" label gets used. You are gaming the system at the expense of another member.

Hopefully this new policy significantly cuts down that behavior.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,242
    feeder said:
    feeder said:
    Horse2345 said:
    feeder said:
    $85-$112 plus fees
    So, somewhere between $85 and $200.  I'm in!  Don't know if I am more excited about the actual concert(s) or the Road Trip with my son?  He has become just as big a fan as I am.  It's awesome!!
    Thats $85-$112 each according to TM, not sure if the different prices are due to seat location or venue or both. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13