NCAA College Football -

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    I didn't think Ohio State or Alabama really "deserved" to get in.  Alabama weak resume plus not winning their conference and Ohio States loss to Iowa.  Plus with JT at QB the buckeyes offense was mediocre at best against USC.  The Defense won that game.

Yes I know OSU got in last year without winning the Big 10 but they were #2 two going into the Michigan game and beat OU on the road.  Washington kept PSU out last year not the Buckeyes.

Back to this year I didn't think Alabama looked all that impressive the other night.  It was more how shitty Clemson looked.  Maybe they were the ones that should of been left out.  I know this is lame reasoning but take away the two pics in the 3rd and that was a 10-6 crappy football game.

so who would you have voted for?

UCF?  :lol:

Bama played the best defensive game of their season (so far) on Monday night.

it helped getting 3 of our linebackers back.

No not UCF lol.  With how the chips fell it came down between Bama and OSU for the last spot.  Previous seasons neither might not of even been considered.  Alabama did play a great game defensively.  I guess it helps they had a month and a half to get healthy.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    There are lots of bandwagon fans of every dynasty, of course.  This means there are a shitload of people who are fans of Bama right now who that would never have been fans of a program representing a hee-haw state few from outside the south have ever even been to.  (Or ever really desire to visit.)

That is OK.  Part of what makes this fun.

The people that love those programs from ground up...or the people that went to those schools...they will always be there.

A lot of the bandwagon fans will stay as well, fueled by the joy associated with the good times during their big run.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    To hell with Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Alabama all three.  WHY THE HELL WASN'T CENTRAL FLORIDA IN??!!!

Undefeated. Check.
    Conference Champs. Check.
    Manhandle the team that mandhandled both teams appearing in the CFP title game. Check.
    Strength of record #77 in the league. Check
    They start playing some of the big boys and beating them during reg season and you have an argument.
    Ahem... Manhandle the team that mandhandled both teams appearing in the CFP title game. Check.

Anwyay, that whole "start playing the big boys" excuse isn't even an argument. This was the same argument against Utah, Boise State, and TCU and EVERY year, Utah, Boise State, and TCU would beat the pants off a "Power 5" team in a bowl game.  Chris Peterson was begging teams to put Boise on their schedule and campaigning to join the Pac-10//12 nobody but Va Tech ever stepped up to the challenge and the Pac-10 said no.

Who the hell did Alabama play this year? The only reason SEC schedules are considered "tough" is because the entire conference gets overinflated because of Alabama's recent history.  I'm sorry (not really) but a 5-3 Mississippi State ranked #13 in the nation week 9 is a complete fucking joke.  And it happens ALL the time. Kentucky starts 4-1, they're top 15, then they finish the season 5-7. Ole Miss starts 5-2, top 10, finish the season 6-6.  And this ONLY happens for SEC teams, all because Alabama has won some titles in the past decade.  When Boston College, Northwestern, Kansas, and Washington State are consistently ranked top 10 when they start a season 4-1, then you have an argument about Alabama's strength of schedule being superior. Until then, it's just SEC bias.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    I didn't think Ohio State or Alabama really "deserved" to get in.  Alabama weak resume plus not winning their conference and Ohio States loss to Iowa.  Plus with JT at QB the buckeyes offense was mediocre at best against USC.  The Defense won that game.

Yes I know OSU got in last year without winning the Big 10 but they were #2 two going into the Michigan game and beat OU on the road.  Washington kept PSU out last year not the Buckeyes.

Back to this year I didn't think Alabama looked all that impressive the other night.  It was more how shitty Clemson looked.  Maybe they were the ones that should of been left out.  I know this is lame reasoning but take away the two pics in the 3rd and that was a 10-6 crappy football game.

No not UCF lol.  With how the chips fell it came down between Bama and OSU for the last spot.  Previous seasons neither might not of even been considered.  Alabama did play a great game defensively.  I guess it helps they had a month and a half to get healthy.

Helped a lot.

I think OSU could've competed in the playoffs.

there are always one or two schools that get left out of the 4 team equation.

I just don't want to see it get watered down to the point of NCAA basketball.

I love that College Football regular season still means a lot.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

There are lots of bandwagon fans of every dynasty, of course.  This means there are a shitload of people who are fans of Bama right now who that would never have been fans of a program representing a hee-haw state few from outside the south have ever even been to.  (Or ever really desire to visit.)

The people that love those programs from ground up...or the people that went to those schools...they will always be there.

A lot of the bandwagon fans will stay as well, fueled by the joy associated with the good times during their big run.

not a lot to do in the state. you can visit the Civil Rights museum or go to college games. I have done both and enjoyed it. as for bandwagon fans. they are so easy to spot. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:

Helped a lot.

I think OSU could've competed in the playoffs.

there are always one or two schools that get left out of the 4 team equation.

I just don't want to see it get watered down to the point of NCAA basketball.

I love that College Football regular season still means a lot.

I agree.  Personally I'd love to see a 6 team playoff.  The 5 power conference champs and one wild card.  1 and 2 get a bye week.

And for the UCF supporters.  They did a simulated BCS rankings and the top 8 were all the same teams just a little shuffled.  UCF was 9th.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    KC138045 said:

Clemsons offense looked like shit because bamas defense kicked the shit out of them. And Clemson forgot to suit up their best player. Deshaun Watson.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:

lolobugg said:

not a lot to do in the state. you can visit the Civil Rights museum or go to college games. I have done both and enjoyed it. as for bandwagon fans. they are so easy to spot. :lol:
    They are the ones with teeth?
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:

lolobugg said:

They are the ones with teeth?

:lol: hehehehehehahahaha, oh hohohoho.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Would it mean more to you if Wisconsin went to the title game than it would to me if USC went back to a title game? 
    How do you know?  (It might...but how do I know & how do you know?)

The blanket statements made here crack me up.

I love college football -- that people feel so strongly about it is a beautiful thing.  Keep hating -- it is a strong emotion, at least, and it makes things fun!
    USC hasn't had a natty in 13 years, it would definitely mean a lot to the fanbase. But if you take any team that has never seen a national championship, it would mean way more to them than it would a spoiled fan base like Alabama.

And Alabama fans aren't the worst behaviour wise, their just the worst bandwagon wise. I guarantee, two bad years and half of their fan base will suddenly vanish. 
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    Would it mean more to you if Wisconsin went to the title game than it would to me if USC went back to a title game? 
    How do you know?  (It might...but how do I know & how do you know?)

The blanket statements made here crack me up.

I love college football -- that people feel so strongly about it is a beautiful thing.  Keep hating -- it is a strong emotion, at least, and it makes things fun!
    USC hasn't had a natty in 13 years, it would definitely mean a lot to the fanbase. But if you take any team that has never seen a national championship, it would mean way more to them than it would a spoiled fan base like Alabama.

And Alabama fans aren't the worst behaviour wise, their just the worst bandwagon wise. I guarantee, two bad years and half of their fan base will suddenly vanish. 

you think you got room on the Wisconsin bandwagon for me in case that happens?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

edited January 2018
    ehbacon said:
    for the record, I root against teams like the Patriots and Alabama because if they win the championship it means nothing to them or their fans. It would mean so much more for a team like Wisconsin, who has never seen a national championship game, to get the opportunity. We hate them because there are an insane amount of FBS teams that are shit year after year, and this team gets disappointing when they don't win the championship game? fuck out of here. Plus 95% of their fans never went to their school, they are the ultimate bandwagon team. That sucks because we all know as soon as Bama turns to shit, they'll all flee the bandwagon in an instant. They have the worst fans in all of college football.
    Just as an FYI, being an Alabama fan is a birthright. It is in their bloodline. Through good and bad times. 
    I see the same thing with many of the programs out there. 
    You have no idea of what you speak. I suggest you get some age and experience on you before shooting off your mouth like that.

The arrogance! Classic Bama fan. I'm sure all the people 1000 miles away in Wisconsin and similar states who rep "the tide" earned that at birth. Just like the people who went out and bought Cam Newton jerseys in 2015 and promptly burned them in 2016. Like the 12s since 12. Or the UNC fans that have never attended the school or even seen North Carolina in general. Being an Alabama fan is as much of a birth right as picking what toilet paper to whipe your sorry ass with.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    This thread fucking rules.  I love college football!
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:
    for the record, I root against teams like the Patriots and Alabama because if they win the championship it means nothing to them or their fans. It would mean so much more for a team like Wisconsin, who has never seen a national championship game, to get the opportunity. We hate them because there are an insane amount of FBS teams that are shit year after year, and this team gets disappointing when they don't win the championship game? fuck out of here. Plus 95% of their fans never went to their school, they are the ultimate bandwagon team. That sucks because we all know as soon as Bama turns to shit, they'll all flee the bandwagon in an instant. They have the worst fans in all of college football.
    Just as an FYI, being an Alabama fan is a birthright. It is in their bloodline. Through good and bad times. 
    You have no idea of what you speak. I suggest you get some age and experience on you before shooting off your mouth like that.

The arrogance! Classic Bama fan. I'm sure all the people 1000 miles away in Wisconsin and similar states who rep "the tide" earned that at birth. Just like the people who went out and bought Cam Newton jerseys in 2015 and promptly burned them in 2016. It the 12s since 12. Or the UNC fans that have never attended the school or even seen North Carolina in general. Being an Alabama fan is as much of a birth right as picking what toilet paper to whipe your sorry ass with.
    Well said. Nobody has a birth right to be a fan. If you're forced to be a fan of a team at birth, then you do not have the ability to make your own decisions and shouldn't be driving.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    This thread is one spicy fucking meatball that's for sure
    ehbacon said:
    That everyone is so invested in "their" teams is what makes the sport so much fun.
    I envy you your time there while the team is good.  When I was at SC we won the Rose Bowl my senior year but sucked hind tit the first year and where just OK the other 2 years. 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    edited January 2018
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

The arrogance! Classic Bama fan. I'm sure all the people 1000 miles away in Wisconsin and similar states who rep "the tide" earned that at birth. Just like the people who went out and bought Cam Newton jerseys in 2015 and promptly burned them in 2016. It the 12s since 12. Or the UNC fans that have never attended the school or even seen North Carolina in general. Being an Alabama fan is as much of a birth right as picking what toilet paper to whipe your sorry ass with.
    Well said. Nobody has a birth right to be a fan. If you're forced to be a fan of a team at birth, then you do not have the ability to make your own decisions and shouldn't be driving.
    That is just bullshit. You can be raised in a fan base and change your mind as an adult or not. There is no forcing, just lifelong dedication. You are just too dense to understand. Not a big surprise.

As for being the biggest "bandwagoners" maybe be old enough to have been alive when the Tide sucked back in the nineties to determine who was there and who as jumped on the winning train now.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

The arrogance! Classic Bama fan. I'm sure all the people 1000 miles away in Wisconsin and similar states who rep "the tide" earned that at birth. Just like the people who went out and bought Cam Newton jerseys in 2015 and promptly burned them in 2016. Like the 12s since 12. Or the UNC fans that have never attended the school or even seen North Carolina in general. Being an Alabama fan is as much of a birth right as picking what toilet paper to whipe your sorry ass with.

I am pretty sure Saban wiped his ass with your team the last time they met.

and your previous coach left on his on accord to go coach a second tier team in the.... wait for it....... SEC.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    lolobugg said:
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

and your previous coach left on his on accord to go coach a second tier team in the.... wait for it....... SEC.

Ugh.. Please don't bring my Hogs into this

LOL

bflynn1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

LOL

hey, I liked Beliema  but don't get me started on Petrino!  :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    lolobugg said:
    bflynn1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

LOL

I liked Beilema too. No ill will felt towards him as a person, just wasn't quite the right fit for us. I'll reserve judgment on Chad Morris for now. I like the idea of his offensive style and the rumblings about our potential defensive staff.
    edited January 2018
    bflynn1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    bflynn1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:

LOL

I liked Beilema too. No ill will felt towards him as a person, just wasn't quite the right fit for us. I'll reserve judgment on Chad Morris for now. I like the idea of his offensive style and the rumblings about our potential defensive staff.

yeah. he was pretty set in his ways with the kind of players he recruited. a little too big to play in the SECU.

I still wonder if it was his wife's or his decision to take the Arkansas job.

Added: I don't know that much about Morris. will have to do a little research on him.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ehbacon said:
    That everyone is so invested in "their" teams is what makes the sport so much fun.
    I envy you your time there while the team is good.  When I was at SC we won the Rose Bowl my senior year but sucked hind tit the first year and where just OK the other 2 years. 
    Bull shit! USA has sucked donkey dicks every year ever. Even when they've won National Title's! Guck USC! :lol:

Just throwing this out there, but just because I never attended a school does not mean I am a bandwagon jumper for picking the team I choose to root for. That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Think of how much nicer and more appreciated the whole campuses are for the top tier programs (and even 2nd tier football schools like Wisconsin) are thanks to the unbearable bandwagon fans.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited January 2018
    *accidental post*
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Haha.  Yeah, no reason needed to be a fan other than picking a team and sticking with them.
    Screw Bielema, he left our team right before the Rose Bowl. He didn't like that our school has academic integrity and standards for our athletes, unlike the SEC, so he couldn't get some of the moron recruits he wanted.

And I don't have to be alive during a time period to know how bandwagoning works. No team can be terrible and still attract fans from well out of state who do not attend the university. That doesn't happen. 

And the Wisconsin team that lost to Bama 3 years ago is a completely different team than they are today. And Bama is a completely different team too. You can brag about a past win, but you can't base any kind of argument of who the better team is today on it. Wisconsin has gotten much better and Bama had gotten a little worse, it would be a very close game if they played this year.

ehbacon said:
    Screw Bielema, he left our team right before the Rose Bowl. He didn't like that our school has academic integrity and standards for our athletes, unlike the SEC, so he couldn't get some of the moron recruits he wanted.

And I don't have to be alive during a time period to know how bandwagoning works. No team can be terrible and still attract fans from well out of state who do not attend the university. That doesn't happen. 

And the Wisconsin team that lost to Bama 3 years ago is a completely different team than they are today. And Bama is a completely different team too. You can brag about a past win, but you can't base any kind of argument of who the better team is today on it. Wisconsin has gotten much better and Bama had gotten a little worse, it would be a very close game if they played this year.

oh man, you are incorrigible

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    ehbacon said:

oh man, you are right
    Ftfy
    UCF claimed title.  :lol:
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Didn't ohio state lose to iowa by over 30