albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Especially if find someone else with a foot/sock fetish in the area
    You stop it with that, lol.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dankind said:
    I dated a girl last year for a few months who was into PJ.  That’s how I approached her, actually. She was wearing an Eddie Vedder t-shirt. She totally screwed me over and I went thru about a 2 month period where I didn’t even want to listen to the band. Made me sick to my stomach. Thus, I’ll never date a PJ fan ever again.

That said, I’m not too worried about what music they like or any of that (although country might be a deal breaker). I just seem to have a problem finding a woman who isn’t a cheating fucking whore. This modern “hook-up culture” has pretty much ruined dating for me. No one gives a flying fuck about exclusivity and faithfulness anymore. It’s all about sneaking around and “side pieces.”
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being someone's side piece.

Someone's got to scratch that itch; just don't get your ass shot off.

And it ain't nothing new. There's a rich history.

https://youtu.be/aVIA1n5ng4Y

There’s absolutely everything wrong with it. If you’re not happy with who you’re with, you should tell them and let them go so they can find someone who won’t treat them like shit. I don’t and won’t condone cheating.

I know it’s nothing new, but that still doesn’t make it acceptable behavior. It’s become the standard nowadays. If that’s the way people are gonna act, then dating isn’t for me.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I used to date married guys when I was very young and naive. I did it on purpose because I didn't want a relationship. Being someone's "side piece" was much easier. All the fun and none of the crap. And I did consider the wife back then. If I thought the marriage had a chance in hell, I'd send the guy right back to his wife. Then I got older and realized how absurd I was. Who the hell was I to decide anything about someone's marriage? Just because I don't believe in monogamy doesn't mean others shouldn't have it. No more married guys. I've got enough women hating me without cause, I don't need any more. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    I dated a girl last year for a few months who was into PJ.  That’s how I approached her, actually. She was wearing an Eddie Vedder t-shirt. She totally screwed me over and I went thru about a 2 month period where I didn’t even want to listen to the band. Made me sick to my stomach. Thus, I’ll never date a PJ fan ever again.

That said, I’m not too worried about what music they like or any of that (although country might be a deal breaker). I just seem to have a problem finding a woman who isn’t a cheating fucking whore. This modern “hook-up culture” has pretty much ruined dating for me. No one gives a flying fuck about exclusivity and faithfulness anymore. It’s all about sneaking around and “side pieces.”

There’s absolutely everything wrong with it. If you’re not happy with who you’re with, you should tell them and let them go so they can find someone who won’t treat them like shit. I don’t and won’t condone cheating.

I know it’s nothing new, but that still doesn’t make it acceptable behavior. It’s become the standard nowadays. If that’s the way people are gonna act, then dating isn’t for me.
    I agree with this personally. I have never cheated on a single SO, even in middle/high school. I’m just loyal to my core. And I think cheaters are morally bankrupt. But the side pieces? I don’t know. That seems more of a gray area. They are certainly complicit, but I feel like they get judged too harshly sometimes. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Having cheated and been cheated on, I think I have more insight now and understand the motives behind it. The woman always gets the blame, be it the mistress or the cheating gf. No one seems to look at why this happened, what each party got out of it. They just see the surface and blame the other woman. It's BS. Most affairs have nothing to do with what people think. 
    ...and then there are the marriages where there is no cheating and it all still goes to shit. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    As long as she's no shorter than 6 feet.
    Wow. I understand liking tall women if you're very tall, but geez, that really limits your options. There aren't very many women who are taller than 6'.... unless you mean when they wear heels (hubba hubba btw - sounds like you're really really tall; that is very attractive to me - I like extremely tall men ... but I'm "only" 5'10" :lol:;) ).
    I am 6' 2". Do you love No Code?
    Lol, of course I do!
    Let's get together. 
    Move to Canada and I'll think about it. ;)
    Too cold for my liking. I don't handle cold weather too well.
    And I can't stand hot weather... I don't think it was meant to be! :heartbreak::tongue:
    *weeps*
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I find people these days to be so shallow, self absorbed, selfish, narcissistic that I doubt I will ever find someone. 
    I have never and will never try online dating or tinder. 
    I am not a commodity. I am a human being.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Speaking of love, my parents' friends turned up uninvited and the lady is like "have you got a girlfriend yet?" "not good, you're nearly 40" 
    Gosh I hate immigrant south eastern Europeans. 
    Now my mum is at me (indirectly via conversations with my dad) as her friend's son has a girlfriend and I don't and how it makes my parents look bad and how people will talk how shit my family situation is.
    P.S. I'll say it again, I hate immigrant south eastern Europeans.
    When I was 20 I said "no marriage, no kids".

I'm 42 now and I've stuck to my guns, lol.  Not to say that I might change my mind but I'm in no rush.
    I don't think I want kids.
    Can't picture myself as a father.
    I have never been good with kids.
    No patience. 
    World is overpopulated anyways and it's not a world I want my child to live in.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Especially if find someone else with a foot/sock fetish in the area
    Sounds like we should probably just go ahead and start up a "What's your fetish?" thread. See who is open to admission and who sits back and lurks. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I agree with this personally. I have never cheated on a single SO, even in middle/high school. I’m just loyal to my core. And I think cheaters are morally bankrupt. But the side pieces? I don’t know. That seems more of a gray area. They are certainly complicit, but I feel like they get judged too harshly sometimes. 
    Same here. Cheating is just horrible. I would never do it, and I think people who do are pretty much total scumbags. As for the actual "side piece"... I would never be one. God knows I've had ample opportunity to be "the other woman", and I was extremely tempted more than once (love on my part has even been a factor, so it was really hard). But at the end of the day I knew I just couldn't play a part in doing something that disgusting to the guy's wife or S.O., no matter what kind of sob story the guy handed me to try and justify it. I've been cheated on, so I know how devastating that is. It doesn't matter if I know the cheatee or not.  I think it is plain old immoral to be a part of the cause of that kind of pain for someone, and to be an agent of such dishonesty. I don't feel like it's a gray area at all. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Having studied psychology this year, I learned that we habituate to our loved ones over time.
    The passion and fire and euphoria of love dies eventually.
    Are humans meant to live in monogamy for life?
    Explains cheating I guess.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    Having studied psychology this year, I learned that we habituate to our loved ones over time.
    Yes, if someone wants mindblowing sex and firy passion to be top of the priority list throughout a long term relationship, they'd be best advised to restrict their relationships to under 1 year. Of course, there are people who place a great many other things above that in their marriage - things that go deeper and that last forever (not that sex can't still be good then, but we all know it's not that hot fucking sex you get when a relationship is young). Marriage is certainly not for everyone. That is why this expectation in society for everyone to wed needs to go away.
    I don't think that explains cheating though. It explains why some might want to sleep with or have flings with various people, but I don't think that desire justifies the betrayal and dishonesty that cheating embodies. I think that if a decent person is in a relationship and finds that they can't help but screw someone else, then they should break up with their S.O. and then go sleep with whoever they want. Don't do it behind a person's back and lie about it. It's such an awful thing to do. I can't believe people think they can actually claim to have a good marriage while they also cheat because "people aren't meant to be monogamous". That isn't actually possible. Either find someone who is into swinging, or stay single.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Agree, there is absolutely no excuse for cheating. If you don't love someone enough to stay faithful to them then you should leave them. People seem to think they can have their cake and eat it. I know some people stay together 'for the kids' but even that is questionable and ultimately I find it hard to believe that in this day and age (i.e. when women no longer rely on men for an income) that it could be the best thing for them
    I was cheated on before I ever cheated on my first husband and I guess at that point, he'd done it so many times that it didn't matter anymore. I've had many years to think about that and I keep coming to the conclusion that the sex isn't what hurt. It was the deception, the being caught and still lying and thus treating me like I'm stupid. I wasn't raised with good role models of marriage and my first one didn't go that well. So I get it. And I've also matured enough to respect marriage now and haven't behaved that way for a very long time. But I also don't judge those that do because I can relate. I can relate to a lot...probably way more than any one person should be able to. 

PJS, I'm sorry someone hurt and betrayed you in that way. Sincerely. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As someone whose parents divorced because of infidelity, I guess I do judge (as I do - must - with most issues and people, including myself), though this from a different perspective.

Interesting thread, and comments.  Maybe wasn't your intent, ratmando, but glad you got it going.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, if someone wants mindblowing sex and firy passion to be top of the priority list throughout a long term relationship, they'd be best advised to restrict their relationships to under 1 year. Of course, there are people who place a great many other things above that in their marriage - things that go deeper and that last forever (not that sex can't still be good then, but we all know it's not that hot fucking sex you get when a relationship is young). Marriage is certainly not for everyone. That is why this expectation in society for everyone to wed needs to go away.
    I don't think that explains cheating though. It explains why some might want to sleep with or have flings with various people, but I don't think that desire justifies the betrayal and dishonesty that cheating embodies. I think that if a decent person is in a relationship and finds that they can't help but screw someone else, then they should break up with their S.O. and then go sleep with whoever they want. Don't do it behind a person's back and lie about it. It's such an awful thing to do. I can't believe people think they can actually claim to have a good marriage while they also cheat because "people aren't meant to be monogamous". That isn't actually possible. Either find someone who is into swinging, or stay single.
    Yeah it's not fair. Especially considering you can pass on a STD to your wife/husband
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah it's not fair. Especially considering you can pass on a STD to your wife/husband
    Ooooh, I agree with this point. That risk is never ok. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Hobbes said:
    A hole in one does not always lead to one in the hole.

this CANNOT go unacknowledged......

I see what you did there.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Speaking of love, my parents' friends turned up uninvited and the lady is like "have you got a girlfriend yet?" "not good, you're nearly 40" 
    Now my mum is at me (indirectly via conversations with my dad) as her friend's son has a girlfriend and I don't and how it makes my parents look bad and how people will talk how shit my family situation is.

I'm 42 now and I've stuck to my guns, lol.  Not to say that I might change my mind but I'm in no rush.
    No patience. 
    Same here. I’m barely able to take care of myself. If I had to be financially responsible for someone else, I’d be totally fucked and so would the kid. Let alone all the teaching, mentoring, protecting, etc. I couldn’t handle it. And I’ll be damned if I’d want to raise a kid in this world anyway.  Between me and society as a whole, the poor kid wouldn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    edited November 2017
    Cheating is never acceptable in my opinion. There is no actual need to.
    If everyone was honest why cheat.
    If you have had enough in a marriage or relationship then stop or end it. Have respect.
    From experience i sought councilling,tried to communicate.
    When that wasn't happening even though i had 3 children,the honest thing was to separate after 25 years. Then and only then i met somebody else. Truth prevails. No need for devious behaviour
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

No patience. 
    Same here. I’m barely able to take care of myself. If I had to be financially responsible for someone else, I’d be totally fucked and so would the kid. Let alone all the teaching, mentoring, protecting, etc. I couldn’t handle it. And I’ll be damned if I’d want to raise a kid in this world anyway.  Between me and society as a whole, the poor kid wouldn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell.
    How can I be a fit dad if I can't sort myself out in terms of my own demons.
  • You may become a fit dad as a dad if you know what im saying
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

You may become a fit dad as a dad if you know what im saying
    Yeah I get ya.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I have no desire whatsoever to have children. However, I don't mind practicing how to make them should I ever change my mind.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I have no desire whatsoever to have children. However, I don't mind practicing how to make them should I ever change my mind.
    hahaha
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    there's this thread in the porch section
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/5445

also if you're on facebook, there's a PJ singles group. 

Not that either of them have helped me :sad:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I really prefer that they just be breathing and willing. :blush: Hahahaha
    When in college I had two basic rules for the end of the night rounds.
    1)  Weighed less than I did
    2)  Were willing participants

I have a feeling you were pretty lax on the first rule. Just a hunch.

I should note that heels are a plus....not a requirement. 

:rofl:
    I may have had to be 'top dog' a small number of times.  #1 was a rule to stick to but not to live by.  (#2 was the must.  Anything beyond that was fair game at that age as long as the booze was flowing)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    I just want to find someone near me-- who enjoys the same music- even as pals- just so when I have my mp3's playing in the car, I don't have to hear, "That band again??" or "don't you listen to stuff that isn't from seattle?" I do, I listen to Dhani Harrison, PJ Harvey, Glen Hansard, The Temptations and a BUNCH of Motown, Fugazi.... it's just I  have been to a lot of shows, and my music is filled with concerts I've been to. I mean, jezuscrimminy, I SING in a tribute to pj band! :) (you can stalk me on fb under ratmando)
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau